Chapter 10: Griffin-Woods

Clarke felt sick to her stomach. She was dreading this moment for the last 3 years of her existence. Sure she called her parents and what not every weekend. But that didn't need her to be face to face with them. Now here she was, standing outside the restaurant, waiting to puke her guts out and run away. She hasn't seen her parents in 2 years and now was the time to finally face them. With her fake fiancé.

"Relax Griffin. We got your back in case Papa and Mama G decides to kick Lexa out onto the streets like a homeless lesbian."

"Zip it Raven. Or I will do it for you..." Lexa growls, Clarke having to grip her hand tighter as they stood in a row outside the restaurant, none daring to move forward and greet the older Griffins inside.

"You know, now that I think about it, I feel like we should all just get back in the cab and head off to a hotel somewhere and hide it out." Octavia rubs her neck as she looked at the rest who were huffing and puffing.

Truth is, they had all been working on trying to pretend to all be close friends for they were all in on the idea to bullshit, but now that they were actually here, they were afraid that everything would backfire on them. Clarke was nervous, Lexa was trying to calm down her racing heart as sweat trickled down her back, Anya dug her heels into the ground, fiddling with her jacket as she stared at the doorway. Octavia was sweating as well and Raven was bent over, trying to calm herself down. They were afraid of saying anything stupid that could cause their whole operation to go down the drain.

"Okay ladies. Let's just go in, chin up and big smiles, and we greet them warmly and take a seat, drink a glass of water and see where the flow goes. We cool?"

"Yeah... that sounds great commander." Raven states before standing up straight.

"Ready Clarke?" Lexa turns to look at a pale looking Clarke who turns to her and nods her head. "Alright ladies. Let's do this."

Lexa took the lead and pulled Clarke in with her, having moved their hands and Lexa wraps her arm around Clarke's waist, to give her the comfort needed and the courage to face her parents. Clarke instantly melted into her touch, snuggling as closely as possible and when she caught sight of the big round table, Clarke presses a soft kiss to Lexa's cheek and guides them all to the table. Immediately, her father, Jake Griffin stands up with a big loving smile on his face.

"KIDDO!" The older Griffin comes over and Clarke detaches herself from Lexa, embracing her father in a big hug.

"I missed you too dad." Clarke chuckled as her father ruffled her blonde locks of hair.

"Boy o boy. You have grown bigger. Oh and a little pudgier too." It was then did Clarke turned to face her mother, who had a big warm smile on her face too and pulled her in for a hug.

"Oh my beautiful girl. We missed you so much. And yes indeed you have grown a little pudgy. So next questions, are you going to tell us who this mysterious fiancé of yours that you have been holding back on us for 2 years?"

Here goes nothing. Clarke turns to smile at Lexa whom was already standing straight, a small smile appearing on her face and immediately Jake walks up to her. "My oh my. Never have I thought this day would come. My daughter is engaged to the finest CEO in the country. Alexandria Anastasia Woods, it is honour to finally meet you again, not as business pleasures but as my daughter's fiancé."

"It is a fine pleasure to be meeting you again sir. Clarke indeed has told me a lot about you personally rather than business wise." Lexa gives the man a big warm smile, making Jake boom with laughter as Clarke stared with shock.

Lexa knew my dad? She is a CEO? What company did she belong too? How did she not know this? And everything clicked in her brain. The fact she could disappear from work at any time, she did business, her tone of authority the first time they met. She was a woman of power. And Clarke placed the pieces together just like that. She let out a sigh of relief, knowing things would work on their side now that her parents knew about Lexa well enough. And talk about her full name. That was so hot.

"Ah my dearest Lexa? How have you been since the last time we saw you? And why didn't you tell us you were dating Clarke back then?" Abby then proceeds to give Lexa a big hug, kissing her cheeks on both sides before looking at the green eyed brunette.

"Sorry Mrs. G, Clarke begged me to keep my lips sealed. Besides, I enjoyed the event at the hospital that one time you sent me an invitation to." Abby chuckles, and Clarke instantly relaxed. They were getting along well.

"You are too generous in your donations to the hospitals here Lexa. But then again, the kids miss you a lot. Especially little Luna. She just received a heart transplant two months ago and said she wanted to see you again."

"Well, now that I'm here finally, I'll just have to pay them a visit and maybe drag little miss lazy butt here along with me." Lexa moves to stand behind Clarke and wrap her arms around her waist before Clarke pushed her face away before she could place a kiss.

"You don't get to kiss me after you called me a lazy butt."

"Aaaaaaah Clarke..." Clarke giggles and pulls Lexa face close so that they could kiss lovingly, making Jake smirk and Abby to shake her head and walk around them to greet her other lovely ladies.

"Happy you big baby?"

"Yes love."

Jake breaks down into fits of laughter before moving around them and greets the other girls. Once they weren't paying attention to the two, Clarke elbows Lexa in the stomach.

"How could you not have told me that you knew my parents? And you're a fucking CEO? Really Lexa? How could you not tell me?" Lexa gripped her stomach before looking at Clarke.

"Jesus Clarke. It's not like it's a big deal. At least your parents like me enough to not care. Jesus." Lexa whispers angrily and Clarke all but feels guilty for throwing a whispered fit at Lexa.

"Okay okay sorry. I was overreacting."

"Well no shit. If you must know, Anya is my second and she runs the company when I'm away on business trips. If us two are, our most trusted advisor will take care of it. Happy?"

"One more thing, what company do you run?"

"Trikru Holdings and Management." Lexa stands up, still rubbing her belly after Clarke slammed her elbow into it.

Clarke walks over and takes Lexa's hands away from her stomach, bending down to Lexa's stomach level and placing a kiss, causing Lexa to flex her abs under her blouse before Clarke moves back up to capture Lexa's lips in hers. Just then, a sudden voice fills the air and Clarke is startled by it.

"Clarke Griffin?"

Clarke flips around, only to find the person wearing a business suit, his hair slightly longer and those eyes that she hasn't seen in a very long time was staring back at her.

"Finn Collins?"

--------------

End of Chapter 10

xx Alex