Chapter 9: Nervousness

"Clarke relax. We rehearsed this many times over. When we touchdown, we get our bags and we act normal when we meet your parents at the restaurant, we come in all smiles and kisses. Besides, we basically covered everything about each other, were good."

They were only 15 minutes away from landing and Clarke felt her nerves acting up. She was so afraid that her parents would see through her and that everything they worked for over the last few days would go to waste. Clarke shakes her leg vigorously, trying to shake the feeling of anxiety that had settled in the pit of her stomach. Lexa could tell Clarke was worried still and she immediately placed her hand on Clarke's thigh. She found out that Clarke would calm down instantly when she was around Lexa and truth be told, it did.

"I don't know Lexa... I... I just don't want to be married to some weirdo if they found out about our ploy."

"And they won't. We have 30 days to prove to them that we can do a damn good job at this, and when we come back here, we can go our separate ways. Tell them we didn't make it after a month and you won't have to return to face your parents again. Maybe they might just understand then that you don't want to marry someone they picked out for you."

That's when Clarke felt a sting in her heart. Sure they had 30 days to go. But having to hear from Lexa that they would be going their separate ways afterwards made her feel hurt. Sad. Lexa was like a breath of fresh air to her. She could be annoying yet smart and protective the next, her laughter and smiles that were only reserved for her when they were around the other three idiots. Lexa was like the childhood best friend that she never had growing up. But even after the last few days, Lexa had still been slightly reserved about some things in her life, for example where she worked, what she does for a living, and those pills that she caught Lexa taking once. She wondered what kind of sickness that Lexa had that she had to pop pills in to her system. But she knew better than to ask for it wasn't in her place to ask. But beyond those questions, she knew Lexa was a kind soul at heart and Clarke loved her for that.

Yes. The word love radiated in her mind. Not just her mind, but her heart. She wasn't embarrassed to say out loud that she truly did feel love for Lexa. But she didn't if Lexa felt the same way about her. She was afraid that if she said those three letter words out loud to her, alone, then she would lose her. Send her running away and never having the chance to tell her how much she loved her. It was crazy that she could fall in love with someone in a matter of days. But in fairy tales, a person only falls overnight if they were the one for them. That they were soulmates bound together for eternity. And their first kiss they shared was every bit of a confirmation that they were bound together.

"Clarke?"

"Hmmmmmm?"

"Hey look at me." Lexa tilts Clarke's head to face her, a warm smile plastered to her lips. "As long as I'm here, you're going to be fine okay? If things get a little awkward or rough, leave it to me to handle it okay. Just smile along and we will be fine."

"It's not about that. I... when you said... that after the 30 days, I don't want you to walk away Lexa. Can't we at least remain as friends?" No! I want to be more than friends with you. I love you.

"Hahahha a few days ago you almost tried to kills us in a car accident and only yesterday did you tell me when this is over you never want to see me again." The amusing twinkle in Lexa's eyes made Clarke punch her shoulder before resting her head down on it.

"I was joking."

"Your joke sucks big time Clarke. Even Raven thinks it stinks."

"I'm your fiancé. You're supposed to be on my side."

"Oh really now?"

"Shut up Woods. Let me have some beauty sleep for the next 15 minutes."

"Your head is too heavy and my shoulder hurts from your heavy head."

"Shush."

----------------

End of Chapter 9

xx Alex