Chapter 51: Home

Clarke wakes to the sounds of two people snoring and she amusingly pries her eyes open to see Raven and Anya sleeping in the corner of the room, huddle together. Her thoughts run back immediately to her amazingly beautiful wife, whom she married just 5 hours ago. She had been asleep since then and no news or word had been given to her on her wife's condition. She hopes that everything was going smoothly, that Lexa will be alright, and that she would be coming back to her. Back to their love. Clarke brings her hand out from under the sheets, taking off her ring to have a look at the intricate designs that were on it. And she smiled when she found the little wordings on the inside, glancing over at her two friends before smiling again at the message.

'30 Days Fiancé for Life.'

Clarke shook her head and wondered what Lexa's would look like. Perhaps maybe the same thing. Taking up the sketch book she left on the bedside table, she flipped open to the page where she drew her sleeping wife, tracing the contours and outlines of Lexa's killer jawline and her soft cheeks, her cute nose and those puffy lips that belonged on hers. Oh how they fit so perfectly. Only soulmates were meant to fit perfectly. And how their bodies mended together on their first night consummating their love for each other. How gentle and slow Lexa was, afraid that if she went too rough, she would break her entirely. And throughout this whole time, Lexa had done so many things to save her life. She jumped in to rescue her in the water, she took a beating for her from Finn being drunk and she still took care of Clarke's heart with all the love she had left inside.

"Clarke?" Clarke turned around in her chair to see her mother, standing in the doorway with a small smile on her face.

"Hey mom."

"How are you holding up sweetie?" Clarke moves off the chair and walks out of the room and joining her mother on the chairs outside.

"Worried. Missing Lexa more than anything else. She always had this comforting feeling to her when I feel down. Besides her annoying comments. But she always knew how to lighten the mood."

"She will be fine. I'll go through heaven and hell if she leaves you for the afterlife. Besides, I think Anya and Raven and your father and the other two would do the same for you as well. I kind of want to still operate on her abs though. Makes me jealous."

"Mooooommmm."

"I know. I know. She's yours now. But you will always be my little girl. I see you finally started sketching again. Although I know you teach art classes at the art gallery, but still, it's nice to see my daughter drawing again for her own self."

"I guess Lexa gave me the confidence too. I never told her why I stopped drawing and painting after Wells passed. I've yet to tell her that story. And my dream of owning my own art gallery and having my own place to have classes."

"Well, I'm sure she would love to hear it when she comes back home to you."

Clarke smiles and Abby kisses her daughter's head. Just then, Dr. Jaha comes walking down the hallway, tired eyes and a glum look, immediately making Clarke's stomach churn. Abby notices too, and she immediately stands with her daughter, still holding on to her for fearing Clarke might break down if the news comes as somewhat bad.

"Abby. Clarke." He greets the two and Clarke all but braces herself for the news.

"We did the surgery. And..." Clarke feels her heart drop. She didn't make it... god no. "She will recover well in due time. Congratulations Clarke. She's okay. Healthy as anyone can be."

Clarke could only laugh out breathlessly, smiles coming to her face and her heart immediately settling down. Abby too smiled at him, thanking him silently with a nod.