Chapter 5: The Plan

"Okay little sister of Lexa, spill the beans." Anya was seated in one of the chairs, staring at Raven intently.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Come on Anya. No one in this world would accept Clarke's offer. And definitely no stranger would. So why are you actually interested in this little deal. We want to know the real reason."

Octavia and Raven folded their arms and stared at Anya. They weren't budging. Anya sighs and relaxes, before closing her eyes. "Lexa is suffering from Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Meaning, she has a heart disease that has got to do with the thickening of the heart muscles. A few months ago, Lexa was complaining about chest pain, her heart beat was irregular. So we went down to the hospital to have her checked out. Turns out, Lexa had inherited the disease from our mother which she told you about earlier. Lexa can be really fucking stubborn at times. We thought of shuffling funds around to pay for her heart transplant surgery, but she refuses to use the company funds and instead, she has been using it for other purposes. Donations, projects and the whole lot. Anyways, doctors said that if she were to live for the rest of her life, she needs to have a heart transplant and it's not cheap."

"So that's why you spoke to Clarke first. Sorry we doubted your intentions. We just don't want to see Clarke getting hurt." Octavia sighs and Raven relaxes in her posture.

"We have to tell Clarke." Anya says but Raven cuts her off.

"No we don't."

Octavia and Anya stare at her wide eyed. "You're crazy Raven. Stop it with your schematics. Her sister is dying. Or probably will die without the heart transplant. And if Clarke falls in love with her, it will destroy her."

"No. Clarke is the key to Lexa changing her mind. And Lexa, fuck, she could be the key to Clarke's soul. If Clarke falls in love, and so does Lexa, they could save each other. This is our chance to prove to Clarke that life isn't a fairy tale, but then again, it would at least give her the chance to see that life is more than just a fairy tale and happy endings do exist without it. And also prevent her from marrying Papa G's worker. Get my understanding?"

"I agree with Raven. If we can get the two to fall in love, Lexa would change her mind, and Clarke can see that life exists beyond a fairy tale."

"Wait a minute... why would Lexa not go through with the surgery?" Raven then looks at Octavia before looking at Anya.

"Our mother died because she couldn't get a heart transplant. Money wise. Lexa has a unique blood type in which finding a heart for her and putting it in would make things complicated with her body. And so, Lexa just gave up all hope to even bother fighting for her life. She claims that she was born to die and sooner or later she will. So... I want my sister to live... you want your friend to be happy."

Raven scoots her butt over close to Anya, a playful smirk accompanying her lips. "I like the way you think Ms Woods." Anya all but pushes her face away.

"Your disgusting."

"Am not!"

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Are too."

"Jesus fucking Christ you two. Would you stop?"

The two woman grunted in disdain, both shooting glares at each other, daggers flying at each other.

"So what's the plan genius?" Anya finally asks Raven, still shooting glares at her.