Chapter 19: Feisty

Lexa stared at Clarke, watching the blonde sleeping peacefully, her hair splayed out around her face and over Lexa's shoulders. It was the second night that the two had been sleeping peacefully in each other's arms. Lexa felt content and happiness having never felt that way in such a really long time. After yesterday's incident, Clarke had finally asked her out on a date, and Lexa more than happily accepted to it. And on their first date, Clarke had mentioned she had somewhere perfect in mind to take Lexa to, just the two of them that day, with no one else. Clarke was her breath of fresh air. And what was more exciting was that they were going out on a date today. Just the two of them and no one else.

"I can see you staring creep." Clarke mumbles into her skin. Lexa smiles, knowing that only yesterday was Clarke the one staring at her.

"What happened to yesterday where you were on top of me and staring at me? I think it's a fair situation."

"Taking turns now are we?"

Clarke moves to sit up, her eyes landing on the beautiful green forest before her and leans in for a kiss. Clarke was happy. So was Lexa. After yesterday's incident, they came back to the mansion and got showered and changed before joining everyone back down for dinner. Their friends had been in a deep conversation with Abby from time to time, and Lexa saw too, Abby's eyes had been following her as if wanting to ask her something personal, but didn't, only smiling at her when both their eyes met again. Dinner had been short, sweet and simple, nothing big. But what Jake and Abby commented then was the fact that Clarke and Lexa couldn't stop looking at each other and it made them all groan.

But the fun part was the fact that when they had said their goodnights, Clarke insisted that they follow Raven and Anya quietly towards their bedroom. And they did. Again they didn't lock the door for they were too caught up in the moment and Lexa managed to open the door quietly, just a jar, and what they saw was the most grossed out thing they've ever seen, prompting Lexa to close the door again, Clarke rubbing her eyes trying to rid her mind off the view she had just seen. Lexa all but wanted to throw up, for this was the first time she had seen her Sister in such an inappropriate position. Although she did catch her having sex on her living room couch back home sometimes. But it was still gross.

"Can I just lay here with you all day? Your so comfy." Clarke snuggles in closer, tightening her grip around Lexa's waist.

"7 days ago you all but wanted to kill me. Now you want to hug it out and stay here in this room, pretending that we had such good sex that we couldn't even get out of bed at all and have Raven and Anya joke about it at the dinner table? Meaning the welcome party for you that is happening tonight in front of all your friends and not to mention a stalker of a friend whom you hate so much?"

"God I hate Finn. I wonder what did he do to sucker his way up into my dad's good graces. Son of a bitch." Clarke huffs and sits up, only for Lexa to pull her back down, causing Clarke to fall on top of Lexa.

"Lexaaaa..."

"Why? I thought you enjoyed kisses and cuddles in the morning when something is working up in your mind or when your frustrated?"

"Do you actually keep tabs of everything I say? Because you're clearly a walking encyclopaedia right now." Clarke smirks, tracing Lexa's jaw with her fingers.

"What can I say, I'm too smart for my own good. Did I mention to you that I was the top of my class and graduated with a 4.0 GPA?"

"Fuck you." Lexa laughs and pulls Clarke down into a passionate kiss.

The returned to their room last night, Clarke hogging the covers before even falling asleep and they had a battle of covers before they finally settled down and started making out. They wanted to go slow, still testing the waters and they knew if they jumped into sex right away like their friends next door, they wouldn't have the glory of teasing Anya and Raven to no end. They were cheesy people in love. And when a knock came at the door, Clarke separated and gave a quick peck on Lexa's lips before scurrying off towards the door. Lexa bit her lip and let out a soft squeal, feeling the butterflies flutter around in her stomach.

"Morning ladies. Am I disturbing anything?" Abby was smirking to no end, making Clarke groan and walk into the room, Abby following in and letting out a soft smile that the two woman were decently dressed and not looking like they had tones of sex just by knowing each other for only 7 days or so.

"No. We were just sleeping and we woke up. How can we help, Abby?" Lexa rolls over in bed, laying down on the bed with her stomach facing down before looking up at Abby.

"Well your friends disappeared early this morning, apparently they went jet skiing or something with Lincoln. So which means you two have an option. You can join Jake and I to head to town for some afternoon function or you two can stay here all day and do whatever you guys want. Just make sure not to mess up the mansion with some wild party or steal my freshly baked cookies from the cookie jar."

Lexa pouts, having tried Abby's chocolate chip cookies the night she arrived here and had been chomping on them ever since. Apparently, Lexa had a bad habit of stealing cookies from the bakery for she called it her Sin of the day and Lexa had taken cookies yesterday too, making Abby smile at her daughter in laws antics.

"Ahhhhhh but mom!!! Clarke lets me have cookies..."

"No Lexa. I don't need you growing fat with eating cookies. Those abs of yours was the main discussion at the dinner table last night and I plan to experiment on them once I have you at the hospital alone. My surgical knife itches to touch your skin." Clarke was laughing hysterically when her mother joked, making Lexa's expression change from pouty to horrified.

"Shit Clarke. I'm dumping you right now. Sorry mom. But I'm out." Lexa jumps off the bed and runs into the bathroom, slamming the door shut and making sure to lock the door.

"Mommmmm..."

"Oh come on honey. Her face was epic. She loves me too much to even run from me."

"She just turned white as the bed sheets mom. Like she became one with the sheets. Sheeeesh. No wonder my ex boyfriends in college left. Here I thought dad was worse. Turns out you scare them away."

"Oh honey, it's not like I actually do it." Abby frowns, clearly enjoying teasing her daughter.

"Well you had Lexa running for the bathroom." Clarke muses, only for Lexa to come out of the bathroom.

"Sorry. Had to pee. Didn't want to wet the bed from mom threatening me on a surgical table." Lexa sends a wink to the older Griffin who chuckles at the woman's bravery.

"You dork. I'm surprised you didn't jump out the window in the bathroom."

"Not necessary. I was trained in combat during my younger days. I can take your mother on no problem. Wrestle her to the ground. Knock her out." Lexa moves her eyebrows up and down at Abby who smirks back.

"Oh really Lexa? You do realise I am a doctor, and poisoning your food, slipping sleeping pills into your drink. Or perhaps maybe putting chloroform in your pillow will do the trick right?'

"And I take back my words." Lexa said simply.

"Okay enough you two. Mom, Lexa and I will be out going around town okay? Promise we will be back for the welcome home dinner party. We need to do some shopping for next weeks even whereby you and dad are celebrating your anniversary. Plus, just some alone time for the two of us."

"Okay. Just keep out of trouble alright. Oh and a heads up for you Lexa. Clarke enjoys this ice cream parlour on South Ave. Just make sure she keeps off the rainbow ice cream. She gets hyper from it for ungodly reasons."

"MOM!"

"No problemo. See ya later Abby." Abby smiles and waves at the two before exiting the room.

"I like your mom. Feisty woman." Lexa kiss Clarke, who stops her after a while to look her in the eye.

"You don't have feelings for my mom now right?"

"Chill. I only like young blondes such as yourself."

"Smooth."

"Always."

-----------------

End of Chapter 19

xx Alex