Chapter 28: Happiness

Lexa stirs awake, the throbbing in her head making her groan, her right side of the face hurts worse than the day before. Lexa felt clammy and cold, knowing well enough that she was sick. Her mouth was dry and she all but wanted to ease the pain in her head and her face but to no avail. The light snoring beside made her turn her head over to her left, and sleeping beside her was the beautiful face she had come to love all so much. And for a few seconds, the pain from her head was gone, just watching the blonde sleep peacefully beside her on her shoulders. After a while, Lexa turns her head to the right and is shocked to find a bouquet of white roses sitting nicely on her nightstand. Lexa reaches over with her free hand and takes the card on the table and opens it to find a beautiful message written inside of it.

Dear Love,

This is my appreciation to you. My love to you. Thank you for standing up for me yesterday. I love you all so much. I know you're stuck in bed today, and it's going to frustrate you, but I'm going to be your lovely nurse today and we will be spending a lot of time in bed together. So I took the liberty of getting us stacks and stacks of movies, books for me to read to you and last but not least, I suckered mom in to cooking her famous chicken noodle soup for us to eat in bed. My princess and my love for the day, is just you and me. Oh! And cookies too. Mom cooked a fresh batch. But don't forget, you need your rest too baby. So I'll do my best to keep you comfy okay love? I love you with all my heart and soul. Oh and the flowers means that I love you and our love is as pure as the white rose that you will wake up too. Try not to cry okay?

Love,
Clarke :)

Lexa smiled at the little note, a tear slipping from her eye at how sweet Clarke could be. She felt content in just lying there all day with Clarke. God she was so cute in calling herself a nurse. Lexa turned her head back over and gave a small loving kiss to Clarke's forehead, before leaning down on it and stirring the blonde from her sleep.

"Mmmmm morning love." Clarke mumbles into Lexa's shoulders.

"Thank you for the flowers Clarke. They were beautiful." Clarke immediately pries her eyes open and shoots up to have a look around before her head settles on the bouquet of white flowers beside Lexa.

"Uhhhhhhhhh..."

"It's okay Clarke. I love your note too. Don't need to say anything else. I love it and I love you." Lexa smiles, kissing her arm before relaxing back onto the pillow.

Clarke was stunned. Since when did I put flowers there, let alone give her a note. Clarke takes the note from the table and reads it, clearly written in her own handwriting and she considers that maybe she did put the flowers there. After her mum checked Lexa out in the morning, she must've have done it then for Lexa was running a high fever and was confined to the room. Clarke only smiles and kisses Lexa's hot forehead before getting up from bed.

"I'll use the bathroom and be right back okay love?"

"Take all the time you need love." Lexa smiles but her eyes remained closed, knowing she must have a terrible headache.

Just as Clarke enters the bathroom, three knocks come at the door before Abby enters the room. Lexa groans and opens her eyes to see a warm smiling Abby, carrying her medical bag and sitting on Lexa's side of the bed.

"Morning sleepy head. How are you feeling?" Abby touches her forehead lightly before touching her neck.

"I feel like the Saharan desert, my head feels as if a truck ran over, my face hurts like I've been smashed with a bottle and literally feel like dying under the covers and turn into a dry prawn. Just burn my body and send my ashes to the sea." Lexa groans.