We All Try

"Damn it Lily" I rolled my eyes at her as I laid across the floor where nothing was dizzy.

"I didn't push you. You fell on your own. You're so clumsy" Lily rubbed my back.

Turns out last night I was okay. I hit my head on some of those beach rock seashells whatever and pretty hard too.

But nothing was wrong with my head, I landed on wrist awkwardly and being so disoriented I didn't know that I broke it.

And the pills for the pain were making me dizzy.

"But at least you didn't get a concussion" Lily smacked my back before she got up the same time Kimberley came through my door.

"What happened?" Kimberley asked as I turned over on my back looking up at her holding a photo of me on a stretcher.

"Who gave you that?" I asked as she gave Lily the picture.

"My neighbor is a pap. He left this taped to my door with a note" Kimberley said almost laughing but I did.

"Are you serious?" I asked sitting up as the world came to a rocky still.

"Damn Chez" Lily muttered. "This is you. You and that taco in your hand"

I rolled my eyes before Kimberley helped me up, looking at the beige gauze wrapped around my right wrist.

"Truly one of a kind" She muttered smiling at me making me stop giggling like an idiot. "But why a taco?"

"Don't question me"

"Where's your boyfriend?" Kimberley asked and I bit my lip before I thought back to last night.

"It's just a fractured wrist. You'll be fine" The doctor addressed me as he closed his pretty green eyes accidentally humming "Fight For This Love" "Oh I'm sorry"

"It's fine" I said as he held my wrist, wrapping the gauze around it.

"You want some coffee?" He asked smiling trying to relieve himself of his embarrassment.

"Um, sure" I smiled at him as he shook his brown haired head.

"Hey. Lexi. Go get a cup of coffee please" He turned around at a passing browned haired girl. Then he turned back at me. "You're boyfriend had been asking for you"

"Okay" I said not really sure what to call our relationship.

Micah came in pulling his pink scrub cap off, more like throwing it on the floor in frustration.

But his demeanor was very calm.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I fell on my wrist. Pretty hard and pretty fast. What are you doing here?" I asked looking at the messy hair on his head.

"I work here. Babies get delivered here too." Micah pulled me in a careful hug. Then he turned around at the doctor. "You take good care of her Marc?"

Marc nodded before that girl gave him the coffee that he asked for me.

"Here" Marc smiled giving it to me before stepping out. "What a cockblock" Marc muttered before he walked out causing Lily to laugh in the corner.

"I'm just happy you're alright. Good. Good" Micah said kissing my forehead. "What were you guys even up to this late?" Micah looked at his gold watch.

"It's not late" I muttered.

"It's 3 in the morning. That's late in America" He said sarcastically charmingly in that weird Micah way.

Pushजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें