Chapter 17 | Slightly Milder Weather

Mid December – 4 Months Pregnant

Leon pulls up to the entrance of the St. Regis Atlanta and valets the all-black Cadillac Escalade. Complete with a lush Zen garden and four-tiered water fountain, St. Regis is lavish and inviting.

"It was tight, but we all managed to fit," I declare as I hop of out the SUV. "Colder than I thought!" I quickly zip my black Moncler puff jacket.

Leon grabs my Louis Vuitton luggage and sits it upright. "Here you go, Ms. Aria."

"Thanks."

Phoenix walks by. "Told you so!" He laughs as he goes to the back of the truck to unload everybody's luggage.

I roll my eyes.

"Here we are, the heart of Buckhead." JC takes a moment to take in the beauty of the building.

"Buckhead?" I ask.

"It's the Beverly Hills of Atlanta. Where everybody who's anybody hangs out."

"Oh." I look around. "Nice."

"Hey, we can bypass reception and check in with this app." Phoenix lifts his phone in the air. "Got everybody a suite, on the top floor."

We all gather around Phoenix to download the app and login. Stepping into the St. Regis looks like old money. Sparkling, oversized glass chandeliers, giant Roman pillars, dark wooden floors covered by cream oriental rugs and two grand staircases greet us as we walk through the glass doors. After riding the elevator to the top, Leon and each couple find their room number.

Phoenix and I have a sweet corner suite that boasts all the independence of a large condo. We step into the oval foyer with three entrances leading to different rooms; the cream living room and dining room featuring a gorgeous marble fireplace, the king size bedroom with a balcony view overlooking Buckhead and the full-size kitchen with an oven and ready-to-use bar complete with drink add-ons.

I take a cherry from the bar and pop it into my mouth. "This place is incredible." I pick up a bottle of Beluga vodka. "You had them stock the bar with your fav new vodka? I'm not gonna even ask how much it is a night."

Phoenix leans over and kisses me. "You like it?"

"Love it."

"Let's break it in." He takes my coat with his to hang in the closet. We go back to the foyer and gather our bags, bringing them into the bedroom.

"I'm going to freshen up. New city, new undies for me. I've been stewing in these all day."

Phoenix gives me the stink face causing me to laugh at the absurdness of a grown ass man acting like a second grader.

"You're so immature!" I gather my things and jump in the shower, which is nothing short of amazing. The oversized round shower head, steady pressure and perfectly hot, but not scalding water leave me feeling like I've just walked out of a sauna. Refreshed. Phoenix gets off the phone and gathers his toiletries for the shower.