Chapter 3 | Stunning Jewel Part 2

Looking forward to seeing Phoenix, I discreetly leave my desk and ride the elevator down. Safely in the brand-new all-white Range Rover I traded for the BMW Phoenix got for me, I take back roads and creep to the Japanese Steakhouse.

The hostess tells me Phoenix is waiting for me. She leads me to a private room. Behind the paper-thin walls painted with cherry blossoms, his broad-shoulder silhouette looks inviting. Seated at the hibachi table, he leans forward reaching for his drink. Sake, maybe? Wide shoulders, strong arms, manly stature. Just seeing him sends signals everywhere. My body comes alive, buzzing with anticipation.

"Hey, You!" I greet him with a telling smile as he stands to welcome me.

He leads my chin to his face, kissing me as if it's been months when it's only been hours. "Missed you, babe." He bites his bottom lip.

Wish I could bite that lip.

He stands there staring. "Hungry?" he asks with a sly smirk, one hand in the pocket of his charcoal grey suit pants.

I'm hungry, alright. Wonder if he knows how wet he just made me? Well, sit me in a puddle, why don't you?

I take his hand and sit next to him.

"Think you know what I like?" I ask casually.

"I like to think I know you pretty well by now," he brags as he caresses my left thigh.

Sparks fly. I gulp.

Why is this man so irresistible? Is it his perfectly trimmed goatee? His clean, fresh-out-the-shower scent? That crisp tailored suit showcasing his best features? Is it how his eyes light up when he sees me? I swear he has his own soundtrack whenever he enters a room. At least in my mind he does. He's effortless, masculine perfection. Phew.

"Know what you want?" He looks into me as if he's seeing me. Really seeing me for who I am.

Yes, I know what I want. You.

"Um. Sure." I look over the menu.

The chef begins setting up his cooking utensils, knives, sauces and oils. "Hello." He stops for a moment and looks up. "Beautiful couple!"

That makes me smile. "Thank you."

"You two look good together. I'm Jin. I'll be your Hibachi chef, today. Ready to order?" He signals for the waitress to come.

"I think we are," Phoenix replies. Glancing at me he tells me, "You go first, babe."

I give the menu a once over. "I'll keep it simple. I'll have the shrimp and chicken hibachi meal." I

Phoenix holds two fingers up. "Make that two."

"Did I just order for you?"

Chef Jin gives me one glance and chuckles to himself.

"Hmm huh. Something wrong with that?" Phoenix asks, noticing my surprise.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

Phoenix has never just went along with what I decided. I'm used to him being so defined and exacting, knowing what he wants and not veering from it. But he's changing. He's different now, somehow. Is he more comfortable with me? Is he trusting my judgement more?

Or maybe it's nothing. Maybe the man's just hungry and what you ordered sounded good.

Oh. Could be that too.

I shrug it off.

But I do like it. The comfortable feel of it. Like an old, worn in, favorite pair of jeans that fit right in all the right places. I'll try it on for size. It feels too good not to.