~Chapter•25~

"He's Edward. He's been lying to you all your life"

I blink. I blink several times. I assure myself a multiple times that this is Edward they're speaking about. My heart hits against my rib age but I still keep on assuring myself.

I can't...believe it.

"That can't be..." I mumble with a frown "He's...he never...I asked him about it and he said that he doesn't remember Adam"

"You're too innocent darling!" Nola tells as she puts an assuring hand on my shoulder which I move away in frustration "He changed his name because he knew you hated Adam. He began relationship with you from lies. All lies"

I think about it deeply. Why don't I remember it then? I do not seriously remember a single thing. When I force myself to remember I feel things concentrating from the center of my head and eventually spreading all over. But I still don't stop, I continue thinking about it deeper. All that really happens is that the twinge turns into a strike. An intense, sharp and the most painful full one I've ever experienced. A shrill scream escapes my throat and I drop on the floor like that grabbing my head with a hand.

In this time, I don't hear, or see or even feel anything. It's like I'm being drowned in a black hole. It is all blackness I m engulfed with. I don't feel anything as well. All my senses are numb. I feel like there's nothing above or below me except for cold air. Somethings flash in front of me. Some moments...

Flashback

Paul Pierce was the owner of a big company who once asked Anton Beckette for partnership.

"I'll need time to think about it..." responded Anton a bit bitterly to the proposal.

"Oh come on!" cheered Paul "It's gonna be a success believe me!"

"Yeah but...I'll let you know by tomorrow"

And time passed while Anton kept thinking about the deal. It wasn't something easy of course. The whole night just passed like that.

In the morning, he realized it shouldn't be a bad one. So he drove down Paul's office and that's when his true colors appeared in front of him.

The laborers we carrying out the package of illegal stuff, lethal to them as well as the buyers. He never knew about all of it going on in Paul's company. All he knew, that it was a named and famed textile company with great success over histories. But the truth was unveiled. He took no longer to call the police and stop the life threatening business. All the laborers were arrested including Paul Pierce himself. They were given harsh punishments and Paul was sentenced to life imprisonment.

When Anton returned home after that bad day, he found Nick in his house waiting for Sasha. He was shocked at first when the boy had entered but then realized that whatever realization took place with him was just a few moments ago. He sharply asked Nick to get out of his house and never to meet Sasha again. Just then, the girl had returned from school and then...

After Nick stormed into his car just a second later when he got rejected by Sasha- Insulted and kicked out of her house as well, he put on his seatbelt and drove a in a speed faster than usual.

He went to his uncle's laboratory. His uncle was basically just like his best friend. He was attached to him more than any of his friends. He shared most of his secrets with him.

Carlos Pierce was working with a few equipment with his white large coat and the science goggles on "Hey champ!" he said and Nick walked in "Why're you upset?"

"My life is a mess..." he mumbled.

"No it's not. There're a bunch of people beautifying your life. Me, your parents, your lovey dovey crush. What's her name again...? Oh yeah! Sasha!"