~Chapter•11~

As I sit in the car and turn, I find our cat, Velvet sleeping peacefully until I gasp loudly and she jerks awake. I felt bad for that, but then I was happy to see her. She seemed happy as well, she jumps into my lap and I hold her like a baby while she rests her little paws on my collarbone.

"I've missed you so much!" I say to her as her ash grey eyes stare my face. Sometimes, I'm happy she can't speak because I know she'd be angry at me for leaving her alone back when I was in Paris. At the same time, I feel to have the power to talk to animals just because you want someone to understand you deeply.

She meows.

The driver door opens and he sits in. That moment, I smell chicken sandwich. He hands my the box of it "Your favourite"

"Thanks for the surprise" I say placing Velvet on my lap.

"Your most welcome wifey!"

"I think I'm not hungry now, would you like to have the sandwich?"

He glances over at me with that confused frown while pulling he door to shut it "A while ago, you said that you were hungry. What's the changes in plans all of a sudden for?"

"I don't feel like eating anymore" I really don't and I don't know why. 

He sighs "What's wrong?" he gently places the polythene bag at the backseat.

"Nothing"

"Sure?"

I nod like a professional liar.

Velvet springs to the backseats.

I'll have to finish the sandwich now. So that he doesn't doubt on my confusion. I grab it from the backseat, open and bite.

"Mood swings huh?" he says while driving.

"Yeah"

As he drives the car across a bunch of beautiful places, he talks about random stuff and I just go humming and humming. I think he's wondering if there's something worrying me. It's just some weird stuffs going on in my mind. Something I never thought about. Everything has a reason. And I want to know the reason of my problem. 

He stops at a place with cherry blossoms and asks me to step out so that we could have a good walk for ourselves and Velvet. I needed that from a long time. We get down the car and he squats to put on the leash on Velvet as she sits up on her paws examining the cherry blossoms quietly while licking her upper lips. Once that's done, he rises and we step in the beautiful pathway among the pink trees. There's a bench we head across, and I look at the cars driving behind the white fence. The cement ground feels good to walk on, especially in my new sneakers and all of this has given me so much of confidence.

"Sasha" he calls while Velvet is inches from us. I look up at him rather than replying "This is for you" he hands me a white cardboard that has a slightly polished surface, with a black signature. Or an autograph. OF MY FAVOURITE ACTRESS!!!

I squeal and turn heads towards me for a second, then jump into a hug wrapping my legs around his waist and arms around his neck.

"Uh-Sa-"

I jump down "You're the best!" I yell.

"I know" he goes proudly "When you ran for your life, I decided to get this for you from her and trust me, she was so pretty!"

I frown "I'll kill you if you say that" and hit the cardboard on his arm while he backs while smiling.

We continue walking and talking.

It's been a while and I decide to finally tell him. I don't think I'll get a better chance than this one. His mood is like the one we can talk to, besides he never gets very, very angry on me. I mean he does but...I can still talk and make a puppy face if he does. He's prone to my puppy faces. 

"Edward..." I begin slowly.

He hums.

We glance and face at each other as we stop near another bench. Velvet stops as well, staring at us with her ash green eyes and moving her white tail.

"There's something I need to ask you..."

He blinks while there is silence among us for just a very few seconds "Don't tell me that you're diagnosed with some other disease now!"

"No!" I respond quickly brushing off that topic "What really caused me having lung cancer? I never smoked. My dad never did. Sam never did. Neither my mom did. I'm pretty sure you never did as well"

"You had a talk with someone?" he asks normally.

I turn my head away and stare at the squares of concrete we step on "No," I say "It's just a thought that crossed my mind"

He pauses before he speaks up "It might be that your grandparents had it, it can be genetics as well...if not smoking"

"No" I disagree "They never did"

He nods in realization.

"Then how did I get it?"

He looks at me "I'm not sure"

"I know that you know"

He frowns at me "What do you mean?"

"No seriously, I know that you know how I got lung cancer" 

"And why do you think so..?"

"Because you're not giving me a good reply. That's the least I can figure out by your body language. Tell me, what's that you're hiding from me"

He rolls his eyes "You're again going with all the shit"

"This shit is important for me to know"

He scowls at me "You wanna have a fight? I'll be leaving for Malaysia. And I've seriously not decided to spend time with you and Velvet for all this rubbish okay? I just wanted some good time and that's what you do to me? Right before I leave?" 

"Don't get upset please!" I suggest apologetically "Just say it then, if you know...I've known you since childhood and you know it well that you can't hide things from me" 

"Okay fine, let me tell you then"

I patiently watch him as he prepares himself to speak.

"It was about seven years ago..."