~Chapter•10~

Hey guys! 

Guess what? Author's exams got over yesterday!! Here's the new chapters for y'all! Enjoyy

"Hey!" Sam stretches that long smile on his face and I step in "How're you?"

I give him a side hug "I'm good"

"You're here alone?"

"Edward is at work"

"I see...come in"

I walk inside his house. There's a fragrance of lavender, which used to be in our house when we were kids. Dad loved the smell of lavender so that's what always reminds me of him.

I do feel a bit weird in coming to my brother's house when I had insulted him a lot when he visited mine. For that reason, I doubt if I should have received that beautiful welcome hug by him because I didn't deserve it.

His house gives the cold rustic vibes. White fluffy sofas arranged against the wall. A large television screen in the front much away from the sofas. A large coffee table centered in front of them. A few books stacked and a tower lamp standing behind them at a corner.

He clumsily gestures for me to sit. I place my purse on the coffee table and sit looking up at him, while he then, quickly collects the books one by one "Uh...be comfortable" he says "I only clean my house when guests come over. Lance is on leave. He usually does these chores for me" and walks back into one of the room.

"You have a servant for your house chores?" I ask randomly.

He walks back into the hall "Mm-hm. I just have him for the normal house chores. I can cook by the way. Returning home at 9 in the afternoon, you seriously don't get time for these household jobs. I don't think anyone likes to see a dirty house when they are tired after returning home...You don't have a maid?"

I shake my head "I have enough time for it. Besides, Edward helps me out in most of the chores. When I'm tired he cooks as well, so I don't think we need one"

"I see..."

I sit silently watching the tiles. And now I feel like I'm not my brother's but in a stranger's apartment. I wish he starts the talk. And he begins with massaging his nape and says "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. It's fine. I just wanted to visit...is someone coming?" I want to make the conversation a bit funny to tease him.

"No" he says shaking his head not being aware of the topic I'm trying to emphasize. I guess there's something else his mind is focused on "Hey, did Edward tell you something recently...?" he hesitates while continuing. Like he's not sure if he should say what he wants to or not. Why do I feel like I should know about it...

"He says a lot...what are you talking about?" I ask with furrowed brows.

He gulps "...about...Dad's death?"

A chill goes through me "Yea...Car crash right?"

He sighs "Only if he hadn't left home at that time...he would've been with us"

I don't say anything on his. I have my hands placed on my lap and remain silent till he wishes to speak and finishes. That's only what I want to do.

"Don't you think...We're kind of unlucky to lose him very early? I mean we were very young at that time. I could barely sleep at night when I would see mom staying awake and trying to make you sleep...those days were like" he buries his face in his palms and rubs it "I wish they were just nightmares"

I gulp down the lump and flicker my eyes open and close constantly to get of the tears "Can we talk about something else?"

He looks at me and seems to regret the topic he had started.