~Chapter•2~

The night was dark but not too late. The roads gleamed as it rained. Headlights offered ahead the vision to the dark drenched roads making them glitter. The rapidly moving wheels of the cars sprayed the water as they passed.

I bury my face in the pillow while I was laying on the bed on my belly. I've been in this position since a very long time but still, don't want to get up.

"Sasha please have some food" Edward begs. It's like the billionth time he has asked it. And it's a zillionth time I haven't responded to it. At a moment, he just misunderstood with the fact that I died already.

"I'm not hungry..." I say in very low tones.

"Stop lying!" he yells sternly "I heard your stomach growl twice"

"It isn't funny Edward!" I cry rising from the pillow and sitting. I then tuck my hair stands of either sides with both hands behind my ears "I...I'm going to die!"

"Shut up! I'll kill you if you say that again..."

I sniff "What shall I do now...?"

He leaves an exhale and sits in front of me grabbing my hand and covering it with his "There will be a way for sure...Third stage of cancer doesn't mean you're gonna die"

"Edward...why is it happening to me...? I haven't been harsh or rude with anyone...I've always tried to be good with others...They say, karma is powerful... But what have I done?!"

He seems to want to say so much, but something stops him and compels him to lock the words within himself. He looks down for a moment and then back, up at me "Sasha sometimes our fate is not in our favor...Sometimes were are forced to stand in front of harsh challenges which we might not be able to bear but...it's worth it...Nobody is burdened beyond their capacity to be burdened" he pulls my hands and plants his lips on them.

"I'm not strong Edward" I say while shaking my head "I-I just can't bear this pain"

"Just remember that all problems are temporary, nothing is forever"

After sitting like that for a long long time when it was almost midnight, he told me to have some rest but my eyes were open the whole night.

He was awake siting beside me until my eyes slowly shut and I fell asleep.

He might have noticed the dark circles under my eye bags but pretended not to know it. He asked me if I would take a leave from office today or if I want him to, so then both of us could spend some time together, like to for shopping or watch the new movies out in theatre. But I didn't feel like any of it and I begged him to let me go to the office. I wanted dot divert my mind from this. I never knew what was wrong with my legs the last day. Maybe I was actually tired as Edward said. But now I'm completely fine. 

While I'm working on my computer, my head aches, I rub it while shutting my eyes. It's almost time to leave and I didn't even tracked the time thinking that there's plenty of time to go back home.

"Alright?" asks Elena, my colleague placing a hand on my shoulder.

I fake smile "Yeah...All good" nobody in my office knows about it. 

She leaves and then my phone then rings, and I look. Edward's name flashes on the screen and I receive the call holding it to my ear "Yea Edward?"

"Hey, uh-Are you busy?"

"I was just about to leave..."

"Great! Can you just pick Ray from home? His bus would be arriving any moment. Kiera and Asher aren't there. They're here at the hospital"

I get alarmed and I spring up from my seat "Wait...really?" is what i ask with extreme excitement. 

"Yeah I just can't tell you much right now. She's in pain. Just come over with Ray as soon as possible okay?"

"Okay-okay-I'll be there" I say and cut the call. I'm occupied with lots of excitement now. I just want to jump and clap. I would have done that if I wasn't in the office.

Elena walks to my seat again as I drop my phone in my bag and zip it. I hang it along my shoulder and smile at her "I'm leaving. There's an emergency"

"Don't worry. I'll handle it"

I drive down the road so happily, just waiting for the moment to be in the hospital already. This was just the reason why we decided not to share the cancer news with them.

I stop near their house and step out shutting the door. I see the large yellow school bus parked outside the entrance and Ray standing there looking at the door as if he were waiting for Kiera. The bus conductor lady is also standing behind him. I quickly walk to them and Ray smiles on looking at me.

"Hi..." I say.

The lady slightly inclines with a nod.

"His parents aren't at home so I have to take him to them"

She doesn't seem secure "I'm sorry but we can't let our students go with strangers..." it's visible that she didn't want to say it.

"No Mrs. Amber, she's my aunt. She's not a stranger"

She seems relieved "I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine don't worry" I assure "Ray, get inside the car"

He runs to the car while his red Spiderman bag shakes and jumps in the backseat before shutting the door.

I look back at the bus conductor "I appreciate this security of yours"

"Thank you"

I then sit in the car and drive down to the hospital.

"Where're we going?" he asks.

"You'll see"

He's annoyed by this statement "Why don't you, Mama and Dada tell me anything?! You guys always says you'll see"

"You'll see"

He frowns.

I laugh "Okay sorry, hey tell me one thing Ray" I turn the steering.

"Mhm?"

"Do you want a brother or sister?"

"A brother" he answers proudly "He will watch all the marvel movies with me again"

"If you have a sister, she will watch the movies with you as well"

He looks "But she won't like Spiderman"

"Why?"

"Because she's a girl!"

"Nope! even I'm a girl. I like Spiderman"

His eyes widen and he looks adorable with those O shaped lips "You watched his movies?"

I nod "I'm a big fan"

"You're lying"

"No I'm not" I say "I've watched all of his movies. Want me to show one of his moves?"

"But Miss. Ellen told us to focus on the road while driving"

He kind of roasted me.