~Chapter•9~

"I'll need this shirt" he places the black Burberry shirt on hanger on the bed "Pack this as well"

I grab it, pull out the hanger and fold it neatly before placing it in his luggage bag. It was a week ago when he received an email that he'll be going to Malaysia. I give him a one second glance before zipping up the luggage and placing it on the floor. It's been 3 months since my surgery, and I'm still on pills as the side effects are almost diminishing.

"All done?" he asks pulling up his sleeve before turning towards the mirror of the dressing table in front of him. He sprays the perfume on him.

"Yea done" I answer giving a look to the stuffed trolley bag and tapping it.

He fixes his hair "I already told you to come with me. Why'd you refuse? We could've enjoyed a honeymoon three. It's just a two month trip to Malaysia"

"I would have if I hadn't taken a long leave from office earlier. I seriously don't want any further risk" I reply sadly.

"As you wish" he says and turns to me "I'll miss you"

"I'll miss you too" I say fixing his collar and he kisses my cheek before saying "Can't you just take a few weeks leave?"

I glare at him for a few second and he stares back with that innocent face biting his tongue internally and pulling his eyes to his right. I grab the large perfume bottle on the table, hold it upside and he jerks and runs from the room. I do so right after him.

***

I worked on the programs and then glanced at the time on the computer. It was time for my pills. I pulled out the strip and there's just a single pill left. I remember throwing all other strips as they got over.

So this means, I have to go get a new packet of pills. Along with that, I have a routine checkup. Henceforth, I'm busy for the whole day.

I toss it into my mouth and gulp down the water from my bottle.

I'm feeling bored today. I place my chin on my palm and continue working on the complicated programs. I think I shall go home and get some rest. I badly want to sleep right now. Besides, the weather is amazing to have a calm sleep... But then I recall, I have to meet him. I mean-I have to meet Luna's boyfriend. Nick Pierce. I have to warn that moron to stay away from my sister. I don't care whatever he assumes of me. But all I want is my cousin safe and scratch less.

I don't have his number which reminds me that I can't warn him at the phone. So meeting face to face was the only option I am left with.

***

I drive down to he hospital and I've dropped a text message to her to visit the Marlin's food court in a few minutes.

As the doctor was over checking me, I sat up on the bed and she walked and dropped on her seat grabbing the armrests.

I stepped down and pushed my feet in my shoes. Then I walk and sit on the seat in front of the her. She's scribbling down something on a piece of paper.

"So now it's time to stop the pills..." she says still her face towards the paper.

I furrow my brows "But...you said to have them till the side effects are gone"

Her eyes pull to my face just for a second and then back at the paper "They're not gone yet?"

"Not yet"

She pauses for a while "You shouldn't have them from today, as the time period for it is over. But if you still have side effects, then I'll prescribe another dose and those should be effective"

"Okay...Thank you"

***

Phew!

A huge task is completed. It wasn't a huge one though, but I'm done with a work and the most energetic and satisfied I feel is when I complete it. Now there's another one left. It's a long one but I'm sure I'll succeed in it. Not that sure though.

I push the door and step inside. There aren't many customers over. Enough that there are seats for at least 12 to 15 people coming.

I look for her among the people and I see a hand waving towards me. That's what makes me walk towards her. She's alone. I slide out the chair and sit "Where's he?"

"He has went to give the order" she tosses a thumb behind her shoulder.

That means he arrived.

I then see him stepping towards us. His head is tilted towards his phone. He drops on the chair and lifts his head then jerks up his brows for a second on seeing me and smiles "Hey Sasha!"

I feel to smack off those teeth.

"You know her?" asks Luna in bit of excitement "I never told you her name..."

He nods "We were family friends earlier"

Dang it!

Luna looks at me in surprise as if asking really?

I shoot an awkward smile. What a crappy mess...

"Yeah," he leans forwards placing his phone aside "But because my dad got transferred to America, we haven't been in contact for a while. A long while I would say"

Liar!

Such a liar!

And the way he explains it moving his hands professionally makes it seem so real. But trust me, this guys is a sucker. Sucker at everything. Except lying.

She seems excited about this and I just hate it that I'm the reason for her excitement's diminishing process. I hate it that it was only him Luna could select. But I prefer to rather remain quite and follow his flow.

"Wow!" she says with a wide grin "That's amazing!" I know she's just saying it because now she thinks that I won't restrict her form this relationship but how do I explain her that this dude is a moron.

"Well...I never knew you both were cousins. I mean I never knew my fate is this amazing. Such a pretty girlfriend who's cousin was an amazing childhood best friend"

Blah blah blah!

"That's super coincidental!" she exclaims.

I just snap those awkward smiles and I'm feeling uncomfortable in this situation. I think I shall excuse myself. But then, Luna would assume I'm still not satisfied. So I have to go on with the current flow.

He leans closer to Luna "Hey did you inform her about the-"

The waiter comes and places the sizzling-spicy-smelling-dishes on the table. I feel bad for him that his words were ignored. Sarcastically. Hehe.

Luna turns her head to him and jerks up her brows as soon as the waiter leaves. He begins again "Nothing!" he goes and grabs a fork "Just start eating"

It was only me, least involved in the conversation. Both of them were excited and enjoying the time, except for me.

I guess Luna noticed I wasn't satisfied and maybe she will talk to me about it. I don't know what reaction I would give her. I think I shall prepare my fake reasons for having my mouth zipped throughout the conversation already, so that it seems genuine when I' be answering her.

I'm just trapped!