~Chapter•6~

Edward

I remain seated with my shoulders hunched forwards and laced fingers. My legs constantly bounce up and down and I feel like my hands are shaking. It's been long since they took her in the operation theatre. Each second passes longer than an hour. My eyes are intensely focused on the tiles in front of me.

I badly want all of this to be over. The last few months of us had been no less than a disaster. I didn't even want her to undergo this surgery. If it meant to get rid of the pain she's suffering from, then I had no other choice than to allow her for this.

She knew what pain she was going through. I didn't. She knew how painful it was.

I didn't.

But whatever it is, if it harms in in any way, I wanted it to be away from her. Let it be a disease or any other thing. Or even someone.

I glance at the clock and it's 7 a.m. I can't sit like this anymore. I spring up and peak into the window but I can't see anything. There's only a blue curtain draped down. I can't even get an outline of them.

I pull up my hoodie and thrust my hands into my pockets, leaning against the cold wall with my head slightly include downwards. I clench my jaw and my fists in my pockets.

Many hours pass by and the doctors walk out of the operation theatre. I turn towards them and glance at Luna who shuts her eyes for a second as she nods once the doctor in the front pulls down her mask.

"Is this Mr. Edward Blaine?' she asks.

"Yeah it's me"

"For now, she is unconscious. You can meet her in a while"

"Is she fine?" I ask while my heart is relieved.

"Yes, she's perfectly fine" The doctors leave except for Luna.

I take a deep breath and go sit back on the chrome seat.

"As I said" I hear Luna say.

I look up at her as my hands grasped the edges of the seats "Thank you so much Luna"

"No thank you" she says "If you say that again I'll punch your face"

I have never experienced such contentment in my life before. If Sasha were conscious, I would grab her in my arms and spin.

I didn't notice that I was lightly huffing due to the happiness and tears were formed in my eyes. I lower my head and swipe that tear my eye with my thumb.

***

I step in the room as they have allowed me to meet her. She seems weak, unable to move or speak. But still she smiles with half shut eyes at me "Hi!" she says cheerfully and weakly.

My eyes flick open and close and I nervously shoot a tiny smile with a waving hand.

"You're soooooo Cute!" she utters as if inebriated "Your jawline...your muscles...your face...OH MY GOODNESS! I'm attracted to you man!"

My eye bags lift up and I remain silent. I glance at the nurse who enters "Why is she behaving like this?" I point at Sasha.

"That's the effect of anesthesia, don't worry she'll be fine in a while" she answers in an assuring manner, walks to the side table of the hospital bed and then she sets a few things on the steel tray before walking out of the room leaving me and my wife alone.

"Oh" I say to myself.

I step closer to her. Then grab her soft hand and kiss it but then, she pulls it like reflex action. She's frowning "I just called you cute....and you're kissing my hand? Are you in your senses?"

I smile "You're cuter Sasha"

"SASHA?!" she wonders out loud with a very wide grin "Who's that...?!"

"That's you" I answer smiling on that cuteness I can't stand.

She then glances at her drip on the back of her hand and frowns. It was almost going to be pulled out by her-

"No, no, no, no" I say quickly and she looks "Don't remove this!"

"It's irritating my haaand" she's prolonging the vowels since she has started talking "Its huuurtin'!"

"If you'll remove this then-th-then...I will turn ugly"

She curls her lips and half shut her eyes as if I said her a lame joke. It was lame by the way "How's thaat possible!?"

"That's the policy of the hospital. Besides, you like me right? My cute face..." I cup my cheeks to look cute. The kawaii style.

"Okay..."

***

Sasha

My eyes open and the ceiling is what I can see. I feel unable to move by myself. The lights are shut but the blue moonlight enters through the window. I glance at Edward sleeping on his arms as he was seated on the round rolling stool. His bangs are covering his eyes and he seems tired and fast asleep. He looks so adorable in that position that I doubt if I should wake him up, at the same time, I badly want to.

I slightly shake his arm "Edward..."

He suck in a deep breath, pulls himself away and straightens his back while rubbing his eye "Yeah...do you want something...?"

My chin tightens and I see everything blurry due to the tears that fill up my eye. I suck in my lower lip and a sob rushes out of my throat all by itself.

"Are you okay?" he asks in worry "Why are you crying?"

I engulf him in a very tight hug and sob. I constantly hiccup on the sobs as I bury my face in his warm shoulder. This moment is the one we both have been waiting for a very very long time. I wish it never gets over. I wish it continues forever.

I feel a soothing hand on my back. He doesn't say it but I can sense he wants to assure me that everything is perfectly fine. We can live happily now. There's nothing else that we will suffer from to this extent anymore.

And the most soothing thing to me is him.