~Chapter•7~

I grab my phone and check the time. It's 7:54. That's right when I sit up and fix my messy hair with my hand even though I know it's not gonna work. I glance over at the fast-asleep Edward. I shake his arm "Wake up husband it's morning" I discover something different with my hand. It looks empty. What's missing on it?

I gasp loudly, only to see that my ring is missing. How could that be?! I remember I never took it out last night.

"Edward wake up I'm in trouble!!" I yell frantically.

He jerks and sits up "What is it?!"

"My ring is missing!"

He squints in puzzle while I notice his trembling hands "What? Where did you keep it last time?"

"I had it on my finger" I point that finger.

He wonders as he gets rid of the blanket and begins looking for it under the bed as if he'd find it there. But then he straightens sitting on his heels.

"Oh wait" I utter as I recall the moment "I felt some fingers removing the ring off my hand when I was sleeping"

"What do you mean?" he asks as if I'm silly. I couldn't not expect that though. But it was important to mention it "That someone walked in and robbed us?"

"It can be" I reply as-a-matter-of-factly lifting my shoulders. But then an assumption rises within me and I gasp "Edward. Did you remove it?"

His icy eyeballs lift to my face and I feel like lots of adrenaline gushing across me given by his death-stare "Uh! I mean..." I change my glance "It might be here somewhere"

"Maybe it was Velvet" he suggests. That's right. It could be our cat Velvet. The one he gifted me on my birthday. It could be her, because she's all the way in London and we're here at Paris. Does it even make sense?!

I wince and suck in air through my teeth making that sound "Seriously Edward? I felt human fingers on my hand"

He glances at me for a while then laughs covering his mouth, while quickly turning his face.

"Why're you laughing?" I ask loudly in frustration.

He puts down his hand and turns back at me "I laugh whenever I want to"

"You sound like an idiot when you say that"

"Check it under the bed"

"Its not there" I reply hopelessly.

"You checked?"

I shake my head.

"Then do!" he orders sternly.

I stoop and gasp when see the ring "I found it!" I shout. But then, I find a small golden box "There's something else as well!" I say out loud. The pull it and straighten before pushing the ring in my finger. When I open the box, the silvered ring, with an S on it with diamonds on top shines brightly.

I look at Edward who smiles as if he's behind the whole game "How's my gift?"

I blink while my lips are parted "Is this..."

"Yup. It's for you"

"Edward." I mumble, as he reaches for the box and takes out the ring. He takes hold of one of my fingers with his veined hands and inserts the other ring into my finger. He brings my hand up to his lips, planting a kiss there. Then puts his hand on my cheek and exhales, "I love you."

"I love you too...but Edward, isn't this too much? I mean you've gifted a lot of things to me and I'm still thinking of what I should give you"

"I don't need anything wifey!" he chuckles "I have you"

"But still"

"Let's dance then?"

I pause for a moment staring at him with a slight expectation that he might laugh and say 'Just kidding!' but he doesn't, so I speak up "Dance?"

"Yeah!" he puts one of my hand on his shoulder and his on my waist. Then we both intertwine our fingers of the other hand and there we do the couple dance...

***

I'm done with the last spray of my perfume. Now, the statement strikes my head, I still can't believe life is turning towards better. I then stare at my reflection smirking at myself while imagining those cute and romantic moments near the Eiffel tower. I rub a hand on my black sequence full sleeved top..

I walk out of the washroom and step in the room in my black silky cocktail dress. He turns towards me and I look at him above my lashes.

That perfectly slicked up brown hair and a thin strand touching his forehead. That ink blue turtleneck dress shirt under the black unbuttoned coat.

"Shall we...?" I ask slowly.

He smirks and steps forward in his black boots and I expressionlessly watch him as he does. Now, he is in front of me as his eyes are focused deeply into mine.

He whispers to me "I'm jealous"

I fix those already perfect coat lapels in a tiny smile "Why?"

"You're looking freaking awesome. I'm jealous of myself" he rubs my bottom lip with his thumb "Lipstick?"

I bite his thumb and he pulls out his hand with a grunt while wincing.

"Enough of the praising, let's step ahead"

I grab my purse and stride to the entrance door while my black glossy heels click constantly.

It's been a while since we're seated in the restaurant of the tower. I'm seated with my chin my palms and he goes through the menu.

"I know I'm pretty handsome so don't jinx me okay?" he says without looking.

I frown "You think I'll do that"

He closes the menu and leans forward "Yes!" is what he mouths while jerking up his brows.

"Fine then, lemme go sit somewhere else"

He places a few fingers under his chin and the index finger of that same hand on his lips as if knowing that I'm just joking and waiting for me to stop it.

"I'm leaving..." I say hesitantly with confidence filled within me that he'll stop me "You better stop me"

He grabs the menu and goes through it once again.

Why isn't he stopping me???!!

I then roll my eyes and drop on my seat. What's to be heard among us is his victorious laugh. I want to slap him.

"puis-je connaître vos commandes?" asks the waiter as he walks in.

(May I know your orders?" 

"Uh-" his eyes meet mine and he jerks his brows up for a second.

I tell him some of the delicious French food I've been dying to try out. We place the order and receive our food after some time.