Reliving

Part 6 - Date night

"So what was the profile back then?" Matt asked, as the older members of the team started to retell everything they remembered from the Oliver Wade case to Tara, Luke and Matt.

"Basically, these men were completely disenfranchised." Rossi spoke up first. "They felt like they had nothing to live for. And they were looking for anyone or anything to blame."

"There was a lot of anger out there. Times were tough." Hotch continued. "But even so, these men stood out. They looked to provoke confrontation. Any excuse, they took it."

"They didn't steal from their victims." JJ said. "They didn't sexually assault the women. It was about violence for violence's sake. It was almost contagious."

"It was twisted." Emily said. "But it had its own momentum."

"The three men... Baker, Turner and Vincent, they had some connection to southeast D.C."

"They went unnoticed." Hotch said. "They didn't seem out of place because they worked in the area, as constructors.

"They had a pack mentality." Spencer said. "And, because of that, maybe Baker is projecting his loss of his friends onto Lily."

"Alright." Luke nodded. "So he's mad that his friends are dead and, somehow, Cat found the connection between Lily, Oliver and Baker."

"I know how she did that." Penelope piped up, her eyes still glued to her laptop as everyone turned to look at her. She projected her screen onto the TV in front of them where Lily usually presented them the cases, showing them the picture of a middle aged woman. "This is Roseanne Green. She works in the prison Cat was in, but I found records of her visiting Baker in his prison over the past six months. They were few and far between, the visits, but they happened."

"Right, so that explains how Cat got hold of Baker, but how did she know about Oliver's case?" JJ asked.

"Here's the thing. I think Roseanne had a grudge against Lily too." Garcia said. "She used to work in the FBI. She was a liaison in training ten years ago and it seems to me she wanted to be part of our team. I have about 10 requests from her to the director so she would be put in the BAU, 6 of them right after JJ left."

"She wanted to take her place." Hotch said. "But I gave the position to Lily instead."

"Yes." Garcia nodded. "Which then prompted Green to file a few complaints about Lily."

"Claiming what?" Tara asked.

"Mostly unprofessionalism." Garcia shrugged, as she took a few quick looks at the files in front of her, trying not to let her anger take the best of her. "Especially after word that she and Spencer were dating and after she was away due to her abduction by Howland."

"That's insane." JJ shook her head.

"Yes, and the director thought so too, so he transferred her out of the bureau and placed her in the federal prison instead, where Cat was."

"Cat must have figured out then and used Green as a mole of some sort." Matt said. "If she was as obsessed with Lily while in the FBI, is likely she would know the details of Oliver's case."

"Right, so... Cat finds Green and manages to gather from her information on Lily. Then she devises a plan to communicate with Baker so he can get his revenge on her too." Emily frowned a little. "But why would Cat even want to get revenge on Lily? Her whole purpose was to unstabilize Spencer."

"Maybe Lily was just a means to an end." Luke offered. "A way to get to Spencer even more. I mean, she is his fiance and the mother of his child. And Cat never really liked Lily to begin with, right? She sees her as competition."

SSA Scottley - A collection - S.R.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara