Demonology

Episode: 4x17

"You believe in evil?"

"Morgan!" Lily giggled, as she walked through the café's door that her teammate was holding open for her. "Let it go. Emily was not mad at you. You were just doing your job."

"I was trying to protect her." He said, as they walked toward an empty table.

"We know." Lily assured, as she pulled out a chair and sat beside Rossi, with Morgan in front of her and Spencer in her diagonal. "You were right too. There was no way to medically connect the murders. You've gotta relax."

"But..."

"Listen..." She sighed, reaching over for his hand. "It all worked out on the end, didn't it?" She asked, and he nodded. "Then that's what matters."

"Lily's right." Rossi added. "So let's all order a hot cup of coffee so we can heat up from the coldness outside."

He raised his hand, calling for a waiter and smiled as he watched the three younger members of his team talking and laughing together. After a case, it was good for them to have something like this. That way they could all relax and remind themselves there was still good in the world. You just had to find it.

"How can I help you?" The waiter asked as he stood beside the table, with a notepad in his right hand and a pen on his left.

"I'd like an expresso." Rossi said.

"Make it two." Spencer added.

"I want a cappuccino." Derek said.

"And for the lady?" The waiter called, causing Lily to look from the window toward him. As soon as her bright green eyes met his, his breath caught in his throat, which didn't go unnoticed by any of the men at the table.

"Do you have any tea?" She asked, with a polite smile.

"For you, we'd have even some diamonds." He flirted as she chuckled, surprised.

"Really?" She asked, as Derek smirked, leaning back against his chair. "Careful. I might take up on that offer."

The waiter laughed.

"Chamomile?" She asked, still interested in her tea, even if now, she took a second to scan his body.

"Chamomile it is." He nodded, before walking away to get their orders.

As soon as he was out of ear shot, Derek leaned forward, against the table.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" She frowned, looking up at her co-worker.

"Don't play dumb with me, Lillian." He said, using her full name, to which she raised an eyebrow at him. "You were flirting with the guy."

"Yeah, I was." She shrugged. "So what? He started it. And I can't really say he's not attractive."

Rossi laughed as Lily leaned forward to glance at the waiter, who was already looking at her. He smiled, as she blushed and turned away. Derek shook his head and Spencer frowned.

"You're into him." Morgan accused.

"I'm not."

"Your body language is saying otherwise." Spencer said. "Your pupils are quite dilated and you're blushing every time the waiter is mentioned in conversation."

Derek, who only takes in account what Spencer says when it's fitting for him, pointed toward the young genius, with a smug look on your face.

"Even Pretty Boy sees it." He said.

"I barely know him." She rolled her eyes. Derek opened his mouth, but Lily silenced him with a raise of her hand. "Shut up. Enough talking about it."

"But..."

"There. The coffees are coming."

Lily never thanked timing so much in her whole life. The waiter placed the coffees in front of Spencer and Rossi, the cappuccino in front of Derek, the tea in front of Lily and the sugar in between the four. Before he turned to leave, though, he reached in his apron's pocket and placed a napkin in front of Lily. With a wink, he was out, taking other people's orders.

Lily followed him with the eyes, before dropping her stare to the napkin. In it, a quite shaky – but not messy – writing was stamped: a phone number and a name. Oliver Wade. She bit her lip as she smirked. Penelope would have fun digging Wade's life tomorrow morning.