Target rich

Episode: 11x07

As soon as the doors of the BAU Unit opened and JJ stepped in, a new light appeared in the room.

"Hi!" She said, as she saw Spencer, Lily, Penelope and Rossi standing by the door, waiting for her.

"Yay!" Lily cheered.

"Bellissimo!" Rossi called out, as Spencer ran up to his best friend and picked her up, easily spinning her around.

"Oh! Welcome back!" He smiled brightly, as he placed her down in front of the rest of them.

"Welcome back." Penelope squealed, as she went up to hug JJ.

"I missed you guys." She said, as she stepped forward to hug Lily as well.

"Oh, we missed you more." She laughed.

"Oh!" She said, as she turned to Rossi, who opened his arm at her, so they could hug as well. "Hey. Mwah! Mwah!" They both said, as they exaggeratedly pretended to be kissing each other's cheeks.

When they pulled away, Rossi reached behind him to pull out the bottle of champagne he had bought for the new parents. JJ beamed as she accepted the gift.

"Oh, wow... Oh, my gosh, nice." She said. "Will's favorite brand. Thank you, Rossi. And, Spence, wow." She breathed out when she saw the amount of books he had brought for the baby.

"It's my original set." He explained as Lily laughed at JJ's amused expression. "And I realize that most of this information is most likely on that 'internet', but you can never teach old-fashioned research habits too soon."

"So... How's the little guy doing?" Lily asked excitedly, as JJ smiled at her.

"Oh, he's good." She gushed. "He's sleeping through the night for now, at least. Oh, and, Spence, I showed him the picture of when you first visited and he started kicking his little legs and he smiled real big. I think he wants to see you."

"Who wouldn't get excited seeing that bella faccia?" Rossi chuckled as he squeezed Spencer's face gently.

"You know, studies have shown that babies begin exhibiting cognizable nonverbal communication within days of birth." He said, when the older Agent let go of him.

"And some things never change." JJ chuckled, with a glance on Lily's direction, as she laughed.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"And some things do, and because of that, we took the liberty of doing... This!" Garcia announced, after dragging JJ toward her newly-decorated desk.

"It's all the pictures you sent while you were away." Lily explained, as JJ marveled at all the pictures they had managed to print out for her.

"You guys, I love it. It's... It's perfect. Thank you, all of you." She smiled, happy to see her friends again. But suddenly, she frowned, realizing Hotch and Morgan were in the Unit Chief's office discussing something that seemed important. "Almost all of you."

"They're debriefing." Rossi explained, causing JJ to nod.

"Well, while they're at it, let's open this..." Garcia said, as she picked up the sealed non-alcoholic champagne that was sitting in JJ's desk.

"Oh, guys, that's all amazing, but I'm still..."

"Breastfeeding, we know." Lily interrupted her, as she went toward the kitchen to grab the plastic cups Penelope had bought especially for the occasion. "It's alcohol free. We thought it all out. And even if we haven't, Spence is here and he wouldn't let you drink anything even if you wanted to."

At that, Spencer turned to her with a glare as she walked back up to them. Lily giggled and shrugged. They all laughed.

"Ok..." Garcia announced as Rossi opened the bottle and poured the drink on the cups Lily brought. "And this is your Bureau approved bubbly."

"Cheers." JJ said, as she clicked her cup in everyone else's. "Ok, now tell me all about Tara Lewis."

"She is really excited to meet you." Spencer said, as Lily move to sit in his desk, as usual. "I think her exact words after reading your reports were, 'is JJ as awesome as I think she is'?"

"I like her already." JJ smirked.

"Ok, you did not just have a baby." Morgan said, as he and Hotch finally came out of the room.

At the sound of his voice, JJ smiled and placed her cup of champagne down, before spinning around to pull Derek in for a hug.

"Hey, you." She said.

"Hi." Hotch smiled when she moved to hug him. "Welcome back."

"Seriously, talk to me." Derek spoke up again. "What is your secret? 'Cause you look good."

"Well, yeah, see these guns?" She joked, as she showed him her forearms. "It's from lugging around two boys all day."

"Oh, baby weightlifting." Penelope said, as Lily giggled. "I would buy that DVD."