Night out

Lily sighed, frustrated, as she messed up yet another report. It was late and it was Friday and she wanted nothing more than go home, but she needed to finish this. It needed to be at Hotch's desk first thing in the morning.

"Hey, Lily... We're going out." Derek called, as he picked up his stuff from his desk. "You coming?"

"Thanks guys, but I really need to finish this." She yawned.

"What you need, Lily, is to rest." Penelope insisted from the door. "Come on, girl... You're overworking yourself. And that's never good, you know?"

"Not overworking... It's just... This needs to be done, okay?"

"Yeah... It needs to be done by Monday." Derek interjected.

"I don't know about you, handsome, but I don't really enjoy working on weekends." Lily smirked at him. Derek rolled his eyes, before slamming her laptop shut in front of her. She gasped.

"You had it saved, right?" He asked, suddenly regretting his actions.

"You should thank your lucky starts I did." She groaned.

"Come on, Lily. It'll be fun." JJ smiled by the door, in between Garcia and Spencer. "We need to get to know you."

"Oh, fine..." She gave up, picking up her purse and car keys. "Come on, handsome... Lead the way."

"My pleasure." He smirked, as he placed a hand on the small of her back and walked with her out of the BAU unit, with the three other members of the team following close behind.

***

After taking about half of the content of her glass of vodka, to say Lily was tipsy was an understatement. She, Spencer, Derek, JJ and Penelope were sat by a table at a bar the four of them apparently frequented quite often.

"I didn't take you for a vodka kind of girl." Derek commented, as Lily smirked at him.

"What? You thought I was the type to stay in those fruity pretty drinks?"

"What's wrong with the fruity pretty drinks?" Penelope asked, taking a martini herself.

They laughed. Actually, that was all they did. Even Spencer, who normally wasn't a fan of 'nights out on the bar with the team' was having a good time, even if his glass was filled with nothing but water.

"Right, but let me ask you something..." Lily said, after taking a gulp of her drink. "I feel like Gideon doesn't like me. No, actually... Like is not the word... I'd say he doesn't trust me."

"He doesn't." Derek shot.

"Morgan!" JJ cried, slapping his arm lightly, to what he responded with a shrug of his shoulders. "What he meant, Lily, is that it's hard for Gideon to trust people. It took him quite some time to trust us as well."

"The three of us have been working with him for years and I don't even know his middle name." Penelope added. "I bet not even Hotch knows his middle name."

"That's just who he is, Lily. Don't worry." JJ assured. She smiled at the red haired woman, before sighing. "Oh, I love this song!"

"Me too!" Penelope cheered. "Come on, JJ, let's dance!"

And without any warning, Penelope was up, pulling the other woman with her to the dance floor. Morgan chuckled and so did Spencer. With just one gulp, he finished his beer, before standing up as well.

"Gotta take care of them ladies." He said. "You both enjoy a little time in here. Don't go anywhere without telling me, got it?"

Spencer and Lily nodded. When Morgan was out of earshot, Spencer sighed.

"They're always so protective..."

"I'm used to it." Lily shrugged. "I'm the baby of my family. Can't breathe without telling my siblings when I did it."

Spencer chuckled. He watched as Lily gulped her vodka. He could see she was just pretending to be fine, when actually, in her mind, she replayed her previous conversation with her teammates about Gideon.

"It took me some time too, you know?" He said.

"I'm sorry?" She frowned, turning to him.

"To gain Gideon's trust."

"Oh."

"You don't have to worry, though. You were brilliant on our last case. You'll be just fine. A few more correct profiles and Gideon won't even blink before accepting your suggestions. You just have to be patient and stay strong for a while. It'll pay off on the end."

Lily smiled at him. She looked over his shoulder just to see Derek, Penelope and JJ dancing like there was no tomorrow and she giggled.

"Is it weird that I already feel that comfortable around you? I mean... I've been in the team for what? Two weeks? It's not that long and I almost consider you all family..."

"It's not weird at all." Spencer smiled. "They make you feel like that."

She nodded, before taking down the last gulp of her vodka. With a shake of her head, she stood up and extended a hand toward Spencer. He frowned up at her.

"What?" He asked.

"Let's dance." She giggled.

"I don't dance." He shook his head.

"Now you do." She nodded toward the other three, who, already caught up on what was going on, were urging them both to join them. "Come on, Spence... Don't leave us hanging like that."

He frowned at how naturally the nickname rolled out of her mouth. No one has ever called him Spence. Actually, no one has ever bothered enough to give him a nickname. He wanted to comment on that, but decided against it. Instead, he rose from his seat and walked side by side with Lily toward the rest of the team, who greeted them both with a cheer. Lily moved so she was standing beside JJ and Penelope and Morgan clapped a hand on Spencer's shoulder.

"I can't believe the new girl managed to make you dance." He said.

"She called me Spence." He said, in a sort of a trance.

"So?" Derek frowned. Spencer shrugged.

"No one's ever called me Spence."