Submerged

Episode: 13x10

The second she entered the BAU, she noticed someone sitting at Spencer's desk and upon closer inspection, she realized it was indeed her fiancé.

"Spence!"

He smiled as he spun around in his chair around just in time to catch Lily as she sat down on his lap, throwing her arms around his neck.

"Hey." He chuckled as he squeezed her hips lightly. "How have you been? How was the case?"

"The case was alright." She smiled. "Matt got shot, though."

"Did he?" Spencer raised an eyebrow as he turned to face his teammate.

"On the vest." He shrugged, even if his left shoulder still ached a bit. "Your wife makes it sound way more heroic than it actually was."

They all knew the young couple wasn't married yet, but since they didn't feel the need to correct Matt, neither did the rest of the team. They just smiled as they watched Lily spin around still in his lap to continue their conversation.

"How's Alec?" She asked, her bright eyes suddenly filled with concern. "Is he any better?"

"He's a lot better." He smiled at her. "The vapor is really helping and so is the medication. He had no fever after that night either."

"Oh, thank God..." She breathed out in relief. "Is he sleeping?"

"Not through the night, but he's sleeping, yes. He's a lot more alert now as well. That's why I brought him here, actually."

"You brought him?" She asked. Spencer watched with a found smile as her whole face lit up. "Where is he?"

"Where do you think?" He smirked as she laughed, getting up from him.

"Penelope, of course."

As if on cue, the Tech Analyst entered the room with the baby at her hip. She smiled brightly upon seeing her whole family reunited again after another case. Spencer chuckled as he nodded in Penelope's direction, causing Lily to spin around.

"Oh, there they are!" She smiled slightly as Penelope laughed at the bouncing baby in her arms.

"Mama!"

"Yes, baby! It's mama. Mama's back. Hey, you..." She cooed as she picker Alec from Penelope with a smile to her best friend. "How are you feeling, buddy? You alright? Daddy treat you alright?"

Spencer scoffed playfully as Lily laughed. Alec coughed slightly as he leaned against his mother, but it didn't sound as restraining and painful as before. Lily felt a knot in her heart untie.

"Let's get you home, buddy." Lily whispered, as she placed a kiss to her son's head.

She turned to her team and they all smiled at her. Spencer got up and picked up Lily's go-bag before walking toward her.

"Lily." Emily called, causing the woman to look at her. "Reid is coming back tomorrow, isn't he?"

Lily looked up at Spencer as he stood beside her with a hand on the small of her back. He nodded.

"Take a few days off, Lily." She offered. "To look after Alec."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Absolutely. You can do a bit of your work from home and pick our cases if it comes to it."

Lily looked up at Spencer and he smiled down at her. The woman sent her Unit Chief and friend a thankful nod.

"Thank you, Em. You have no idea how much this means to me."

The brunette sent a look at JJ. The blonde nodded with a smirk.

"I think I can imagine."