Red light

Episode: 12x22

Lily's nose scrunched up at the nickname, but as she leaned against the wall, she tried to keep it cool. The last thing she needed was to add to Spencer's stress with her unjustified jealousy.

"Where's my mother?" Spencer asked, completely ignoring her greeting.

"I missed you." Cat continued with the taunt.

"What did you and Lindsey do to her? How did you..."

"Now stop." She said, lifting a hand and preventing Spencer to say anything else. "You don't get to walk in here and hiss at me like I'm the criminal. Now, we do this my way." She kicked the other chair in front of her forward. "Have a seat. How was prison? Did you like it?"

"No." Spencer answered dryly, as he sat down in front of her across the table.

"It's not fun, is it?"

"Unlike you, I didn't deserve to be there."

"How did you stay sane?" She asked, covering up the hurt that went through her eyes. "A brain like yours needs stimulation in such a gray place."

"I worked in the laundry room and I played chess." He answered quickly.

"That's 3, maybe 4 hours, tops. What about the other 20?"

"I read."

"That's still not enough. You have to go someplace. Up here." She insisted, leaning across the table and pointing to her head. "Or else you go crazy. Do you want to see where I go? I'll show you. Come here."

Just before her fingertips could reach Spencer's face, Lily spoke up.

"No touching."

Cat barely glanced at her, before ignoring her orders and closing Spencer's eyes with her fingers.

"Close your eyes. Good." She said, when he did. "Now keep them shut. Sit back and relax. Now, when you open your eyes, I want you to look at me like I'm the first woman you've seen after being in prison for 3 months. Now Open."

"Hello, Cat." He said, as he opened his eyes again.

"You're here! You're really here." She cheered, as, in her head, she transported both, herself and Spencer, to whatever scenario it was that she wanted to.

"There's nowhere else I would rather be." He said, as he kept playing her games.

"You're good at this. You're so good at this, I almost believe you don't want to kill me."

"I don't want to kill you."

"No?"

"No."

"What if I let your mother die?" She pressed. Lily could see Spencer's fist clenching slightly. It was a good thing Cat was busy with his facial expressions to notice. "Then would you kill me? Or would you just hurt me? Would you pin me down and leave bruises that don't go away?"

"Is that what you want?" He asked.

"I guess I just want to know if you would." She said, as she leaned back against the chair. "If you could."

"No."

"No?"

"It's not the kind of man I am."

Cat smirked and nodded, before nodding lazily at Lily's general direction.

"Do me a favor and tell ginger over there to step aside, because we're gonna play another game. And this time, we're going to find out exactly what kind of man you are."