𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖. (𝕘𝕩𝕘)

By whoopsies13

After a few minutes, both of their chests were heaving from the lack of oxygen, the two pulling away. Their f... More

cast
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53

chapter 34

21.4K 603 778
By whoopsies13

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Y/N frantically ran around her room, her hair down in long waves and her light makeup done. Her mind was racing as she got ready in her room, the girls getting ready in Cho's since they didn't want to see Y/N before the Yule Ball.

She grabbed at her phone, a frustrated groan leaving her lips as she read the message on her lock screen.

I'm done getting ready, McGonagall wants us to wait at the top of the third flight of stairs by the Great Staircase until they announce the champions. I'll see you there. :) -Cedric Diggory

A sigh left her lips as she made her way over to her dresser, her hands rummaging through for her dress. After a few seconds she finally found it, quickly pulling it out and walking to the bathroom to slip it on.

She quickly made her way into the bathroom, shutting the door. She turned to look in the mirror for a second, a smile rising to her lips.

She looked good.

She shook her head to get her out of a daze, quickly throwing the dress on. She hastily zipped up the back of the dress before making her way back out into the room, standing in the full body mirror that was next to her bed. She took in her appearance as she adjusted the dress.

Y/N wore a long, garnet dress with a slit, showing off some leg. Her hair flowed over her shoulders in waves, her makeup done lightly seeing as though she didn't need a lot.

Her hands adjusted the straps of the dress on her shoulders, her nails painted a dark red to match the dress. After a few minutes of trying to make herself more presentable, she stopped. Her eyes raked up and down her body, butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She was nervous about how other people would see her tonight, she usually didn't dress up much.

She took in a shaky breath before turning around to look at her phone, her breath hitching at the sight of the time. It was about fourty-five minutes until the Ball would start, but McGonagall wanted them to arrive at the staircase in a half hour, and Y/N needed something or someone to ease her nerves.

She picked up her phone, her fingers frantically tapping away at the screen.

is it alright if i meet you now? i'm nervous and need someone to calm me down. -Y/N (Y/L/N)

Her eyes stayed glued to the screen for a few seconds as she saw the three dots pop up at the bottom of her screen.

Yeah, you can swing by the Hufflepuff common room, I'll be waiting outside. - Cedric Diggory

A smile rose to Y/N's lips at the boys response. She then started to look around her room for her heels, the shoes being no where in sight. She looked around the dorm, things flying everywhere until she find them under a bag by the door, a sigh of relief leaving her lips. She quickly strapped the matching red heels on, the girl stumbling slightly as she stood up a little too abruptly.

She balanced herself out once more before grabbing putting her phone down on the desk next to her since she had no pockets in her dress. Y/N didn't think she'd need it tonight, especially if she was going to be with everyone she always had fun with.

Y/N made her way over to the door as she walked into the hallway, the narrow hallway empty seeing as though people were already making their way to the Great Hall to wait for the champions to be announced.

She walked down the hallway and down the staircase into the Ravenclaw common room, the place empty. She let out a deep breath as she left, opening the wooden door as she stepped into the Great Staircase. Y/N hesitantly walked down the stairs, her heels making it a bit more complicated. After a few steps, she got the hang of it.

She walked down a few flights of stairs before standing in front of the Hufflepuff common room entrance. Cedric was waiting outside as he promised, his back turned towards her. A smile rose to her lips as she looked at the boy's appearance.

"Ced!"

Cedric turned around, his ears perking up at the voice.

"Y/N-oh, wow."

His eyes raked up and down Y/N as she made her way down the stairs towards him, the Hufflepuff stuck in his spot. His mouth dropped slightly as his eyes widened, a small blush rising to his lips.

"You look....beautiful."

Y/N shot him a smile as she approached him, the girl wrapping him in a hug. Cedric carefully placed his arms around her waist, Y/N laying her head against her chest.

"Thanks," she mumbled against his suit, the two pulling back. Cedric wore a black suit, fitted just right for him. Y/N's eyes darted down, the sight of his nice, shiny, black dress shoes sparkling with shoe shine.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Diggory," she said, a small smirk playing on her lips. Cedric rolled his eyes with a small blush, amusement playing in his eyes.

"Aren't you quite the flirt?"

"I try," Y/N said blankly, the two laughing. Cedric looked down at his watch, his eyes widening.

"We should probably get going, McGonagall wants us there in a few minutes."

Y/N nodded her head as she linked her arm with Cedric's, the two making their way down a few more flights of stairs. Y/N stumbled a bit, Cedric only laughing at the struggling girl.

"You sure heels were the right decision?"

Y/N glared at the boy as they reached the last flight of stairs where the rest of the champions were waiting.

"Don't be a smart mouth."

Cedric quirked an eyebrow in amusement as the two turned back to face in front of them, the two of them catching the attention of McGonagall and the others. Y/N's eyes connected with Fleur, the blonde girl standing next to a boy she recognized as Roger, a Ravenclaw that was two years older than her.

Fleur quickly made her way over to Y/N as she reached the last step, both girls embracing each other in a hug.

"You look absolutely stunning," Fleur said, the two pulling away with smiles. Y/N smiled before looking Fleur up and down.

"Says you, you look gorgeous."

Fleur playfully rolled her eyes as Cedric motioned he was going to talk to Robert, Fleur linking her arm with Y/N's as they walked over to the group. Miss McGonagall turned to Y/N with a bright smile.

"Miss (Y/L/N), you look wonderful!"

Y/N shot the older witch a smile and a polite thank you. The Ravenclaw turned to Viktor, the Bulgarian boy smiling down at her.

"Y/N," he said, wrapping the shorter girl in a hug.

"Hey Viktor, you look good."

The boy gave her a smile as he scanned over Y/N, "You look great, I really like the dress."

Y/N shot the boy a smile as Miss McGonagall began to speak.

"Alright, please get into formation, I want Viktor first, Fleur second, and Y/N, Cedric, you'll be third."

They all nodded as they lined up outside the doors of the Great Hall, Y/N's eyebrows furrowing.

"Wait," she said, turning to Cedric, "Where's Hermione, she's supposed to be with Viktor?"

Cedric looked at her for a moment before leaning forward to tap Viktor on the shoulder. The Durmstrang boy turned back to look at the two.

"Vik, where is Hermione," Cedric asked, Viktor now scanning his surroundings. He looked back to Y/N and Cedric with a curious expression.

"I don't actually kn-oh."

Cedric and Y/N both looked at the boy confused, his eyes trained on something behind them. The two slowly turned around, Y/N's jaw dropping at the sight. Behind her stood Hermione, a pinkish-purple dress fitted on her perfectly. Her hair was done up neatly, not a lot of makeup on her face. Hermione slowly made her way down the steps, her eyes connecting with Y/N as she sent her a small smirk at the Ravenclaw's stunned reaction.

Y/N could feel that sensation again, the same one she had gotten when they were in the ballroom. Her eyes scanned over Hermione as she walked closer to her, her mind racing as her heart practically beat out of her chest. She didn't know anyone could ever make her feel this way, let alone Hermione.

Hermione walked up to Y/N with a small smirk and light blush.

"Hey."

"I-uh," Y/N stuttered, Cedric trying to hold in his laughter as he nudged her with his elbow, hoping it would take her out of her trance.

"H-Hey," she squeaked out, a small giggle leaving Hermione's lips. "You look pretty," Hermione said, her heart constricting at the sight of Y/N in front of her. Oh, how she wished she had just asked her before Cedric.

"Me? Have you seen yourself? Hermione you look breathtaking," Y/N quickly said, her eyes raking over Hermione. Hermione's cheeks blazed a bright red.

"Thank you."

Y/N nodded as Miss McGonagall told them to line up, Hermione leaving Y/N to go stand beside Viktor. The champions and their dates linked arms as they heard the entrance music playing from the Great Hall, Y/N growing nervous. Cedric noticed.

"You're going to be fine," he said, Y/N nodding her head.

"I hope so."

The large wooden doors opened, the champions now filing into the highly decorated room. It was now white as snow fell from the ceiling, the walls lined with white decorations. Y/N's eyes raked around the room while everyone's raked over hers, the appearance of the girl shocking everyone.

"Oh," Brett said as he watched the girl walk into the room, Y/N's group of friends looking stunned. As she walked in, she waltzed by them, sending them a smile. A light chuckle left her lips as she saw the dumbfounded expressions on their faces.

"She looks-"

"Hot," Sofia said, a smirk rising to her lips as she sent Y/N an approving nod with a wink. Y/N rolled her eyes and laughed as she turned back in front of her, she and Cedric now standing in the middle of the dance floor.

Cedric's right hand placed itself on her waist as hers went to his shoulder, their opposite hands clasping together at their shoulder level. Cedric sent her a small smile, easing her nerves as the music started to play.

Elegant sounds started to echo across the room, the champions gliding across the floor as everyone watched. Y/N kept her eyes on her and Cedric's movements, unaware that Hermione was stealing glances as she danced with Viktor.

Hermione couldn't help but feel a pool of jealousy form in her stomach, the sight of Y/N dancing with someone else making her cringe. If she had realized her feelings for Y/N sooner she could've asked her, maybe Y/N would've even said yes.

Viktor noticed her wandering eyes.

"You alright?"

Hermione looked back to the boy with a nod, a light blush painted over her cheeks. She glanced over to Y/N once more, her lips turning into a slight frown. She really screwed up.

The champions continued to dance around the dance floor for a few minutes, Cedric and Y/N talking as they danced.

"Honestly, you're quite good at this."

Cedric rolled his eyes as they moved to the right, "Did you have any doubts?"

Y/N snickered, "Maybe."

Cedric shot the girl a playful glare as they heard the music stray to fade away.

"Look who the smart mouth is now."

Y/N laughed as everyone made their way to the dance floor, new music echoing throughout the Great Hall. Her friends immediately made their way over to her with smiles, the girls embracing her in a group hug.

"You look so good!"

"Why didn't you tell us you'd be wearing this?"

"Looking hot."

Y/N laughed as she pressed a kiss to Jenna's, Brianne's, and Sofia's cheek before turning to the boys, all of them wearing suits as she snickered at their shocked expressions. Corey and Brett's mouth were wide open as Karan looked her up and down.

"You like what you see, boys?"

That seemed to knock them out of their daze as Y/N made her way over to them, all of them giving her a hug. The dance floor soon became crowded, students packing it as everyone now started to dance to the music. Y/N conversed with her friends for a few minutes before Cedric walked back over to her.

She looked at the boy curiously with a smile as he held out his hand, a smirk on his lips as a playful glint shimmered in his eyes.

"Care to dance, (Y/L/N)?"

Y/N looked at her friends before turning back to Cedric, a mischievous look in her eyes as she reached out to him, her hand grasping his gently.

"Let's party, Diggory."

_______________________________

next chapter.....lol

be ready💃🏽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 8.3K 70
❝ 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 (𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐝), 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 �...
117K 1.9K 28
"I like you. It's doesn't feel like its nothing anymore." He said to the young brown hair caramel eyed girl in front of him. "Hermione...what you thi...
5.1K 158 21
She retracted her hand from my grasp, and placed it against my cheek delicately instead. "I'm sure, I'm just worried I won't be good. I've never," sh...
1.2M 26K 55
Y/N looked at her coldly, not moving their faces away, "Oh, yeah? And what could I do to fix that? Tell me, Granger, since you're such a Know-It-All...