𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖. (𝕘𝕩𝕘)

By whoopsies13

After a few minutes, both of their chests were heaving from the lack of oxygen, the two pulling away. Their f... More

cast
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53

chapter 22

21.6K 620 1.1K
By whoopsies13

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Y/N made her way down the staircase into the room of Champions, her mind racing. How could this even be possible? She hadn't even entered her name?

As she walked down into the room, the three other champions turned to face her, all of their faces falling into one of confusion. Viktor and Fleur shared a look as Cedric quickly made his way over to the girl.

"Y/N, what're you doing?"

Viktor and Fleur quickly trailed behind the boy as they made their way over to the dumbfounded girl, Y/N slowly holding up the piece of parchment with her name on it.

"I was...chosen...? It happened after you left Cedric, I don't even know how."

Cedric pulled the girl in for a quick hug and Fleur went to place her hand gently on her shoulder in a comforting manner. Viktor gave Y/N a sympathetic look as he approached the group.

"You said you don't know how this happened," he asked softly, his eyes looking down at Y/N as she nodded from Cedric's hold.

"Yeah, I couldn't have entered even if I wanted to. The age limit would've called me out."

The four champions stood around each other, all of them looking at each other curiously as they turned to see Dumbledore and other teachers quickly making their way over to Y/N, her eyes widening as the Headmaster charged at her.

Dumbledore pounced at the girl as he grabbed her shoulder tightly, her back colliding with the wall behind her as she stood scared in front of the man.

"Y/N," he said, pushing her further back into the wall, "How did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?"

"I don't know sir!"

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

"No sir!"

Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor all watched concerned as Cedric started to walk towards them to pry the man off of his friend, Viktor quickly placing his hand on his shoulder to stop him. Cedric turned back to the Bulgarian boy as Viktor sent him a pleading look not to, the brunette boy only huffing as he stopped his advancement, watching Y/N cower in shock and fear.

"You're absolutely sure," Dumbledore asked, Y/N immediately nodding as she looked at the man in front of her in fear.

"Yes sir, I'm absolutely sure!"

Madame Maxime walked down the staircase as she made her way over to the girl, a sympathetic look on her face.

"Is she alright, Madam (Y/L/N) are you okay?"

Y/N only nodded her head at the tall woman as Dumbledore released his hold on her, Y/N quickly running over to the three other champions, Viktor and Cedric quick to embrace the girl as she shook in fear. The two boys shared a sad glance before they looked to Fleur who was trying to calm Y/N down.

Dumbledore quickly made his way over to Crouch, "This must be brought to your party immediately."

Barty only stood in silence as everyone watched, the gears in his brain working before he softly spoke.

"The rules are absolute," he said, "The Goblet of Fire is a binding magical contract."

Crouch quickly turned around as he looked to Y/N, the girl still in the two boys' hold as Fleur stood next to her holding her hand, trying to comfort her.

"Miss (Y/L/N) has no choice. She is, as of tonight, a Triwizard champion."

Y/N took in a sharp breath as everyone turned to her, Dumbledore slowly making his way to the four students. He looked between them before he studied Y/N, observing the shock expression on her face before he sighed.

"Very well, but we need to figure out how this happened. I can tell she doesn't know, the girl is basically petrified in her spot!"

The teachers quickly agreed as Barty then turned to the group of students.

"The first task will be held on November 24, exactly 23 days from now. You are to prepare and try to figure out what it is, but you must do it alone. You are not permitted to get help from any other students, understand?"

The four champions quickly nodded their heads as he continued, "After that, you will be given information on the second task. Until then, focus on the first one. That is all."

Dumbledore turned to the group of students as he sighed, "You all are dismissed. Miss (Y/L/N), I will be having a word with you in the near future."

She immediately nodded her head as she and the three others walked out of the room and into a West Wing corridor. The four stood silent in the hall before Viktor spoke up.

"They'll figure this out, everything will be fine," he said, sending the girl a small smile in hopes of cheering her up. Y/N nodded as she sent the boy an appreciative one back, "Hopefully, thank you Viktor."

The boy nodded his head before turning around as he said a goodbye, heading back to the dorms where Durmstrang was staying. Fleur then turned to Cedric and Y/N as she hugged the brunette boy and placed a soft kiss to Y/N's cheek.

"I've got to head back to the carriages, but we will talk tomorrow and figure this out, alright," she asked softly, Y/N nodding as she pulled the French girl in for a hug before Fleur made her way down the hall and around the corner, disappearing from the two Hogwarts students' sight.

Y/N turned back to Cedric, the boy already looking at her with a sad smile. She was quick to wrap her arms around his waist, her body immediately collapsing into him as Cedric quickly wrapped his arms around her, pulling her head into his chest as he placed a soft kiss to her temple.

Y/N and Cedric stayed like this for a few moments, alone in the hallway before the two pulled away, Cedric keeping one arm slung around her shoulder as the two started to walk down the corridor.

"I'll walk you to your common room, let's try to figure some of this out," Cedric said. Y/N sighed with a nod as the tow turned a corner.

"How could this happen, Ced? I didn't get anyone to enter for me, nor did I do it myself. It just doesn't make sense."

The brunette boy let out a soft laugh as the two rounded the corner into the Great Staircase, the two slowly climbing the steps.

"I don't know, do you think it has something to do with your prophecy?"

Y/N thought for a moment before she groaned, her head itself throwing back as Cedric watched with an amused smile.

"Why couldn't it have just been Harry? He's a prophecy as well!"

Cedric chuckled as the two continued to climb the stairs until they reached the Ravenclaw house door. Y/N turned to the boy as he wrapped her once more into a hug, his arms tightly holding Y/N's waist. Y/N sighed as she wrapped her arms around his neck, the smell of his cologne once more coming to her as she relaxed a bit.

Y/N pulled away with a small smile as Cedric looked down at her, his lips pressing to her cheek as he slowly backed away from the girl.

"I'll see you tomorrow, first thing at breakfast. I'll sit with you, and Fleur and Viktor will as well. We'll figure this out."

Y/N nodded as she watched Cedric's retreating figure, the boy making his way down the staircase as Y/N turned to the door, opening it, then slamming it with a loud bang.

She just wanted to go to her room and see her friends, she wasn't in the mood to deal with any of this.

She quickly walked into the Ravenclaw room, the whole room being pitch dark. She hesitantly walked in until the lights flickered on, Y/N jumping back at the suddenness as the whole Ravenclaw house and her friends were seen popping out of hiding places, all of them with smiles on her face as they yelled 'Surprise!'.

Y/N's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as people walked up to her, congratulating her on being chosen, but she didn't thank anyone or smile back, her face staying in cold state. Her eyes wandered to her friends, the Golden Trio, the twins, and Ginny who were all giving her sympathetic looks-well, all except for Ron.

She quickly made her way over to the group that was by the girl's dormitories staircase, her face displaying an expression of annoyance and anger. The group of friends slowly started to approach her, all of their faces falling into one of confusion as they watched Y/N storm by them, dashing up the staircase, all of them knowing she was heading to her room.

The group of friends all shared a look as Sofia and Brianne glanced at each other, concerned etched onto their faces.

"Shit," they said simultaneously, the group quickly trailing behind as they made their way up the staircase. Y/N stormed into her room, the door swinging open as she rushed to stand in front of the mirror. She quickly started to undo her tie, keeping it slung over her shoulders as she unbuttoned the three top buttons of her shirt angrily. She was livid.

Her friends quickly entered the room to see her angrily taking off her tie, the group swiftly walking into the dorm as they approached Y/N with concern and caution; they knew how she could be when she was angry.

Corey was the first to slowly make his way over to the girl, his hands held out in front of him at his waistline as if he was walking to her defensively. Y/N saw him in the mirror but made now move to turn around in her disheveled state.

"Hey, let's just all calm down-"

Y/N scoffed as she turned to the boy, her eyes looking over her friends behind him, "Calm down? You really want me to 'calm down'!"

Corey slightly flinched at the harsh tone of her words, "Okay, I could've said it better-"

"No shit Corey, I've just been chosen to put my life on the line for what? A glowing, glass trophy?!"

Her friends watched as she huffed before making her way over to her bed, the girl quickly sitting on it as she stuffed her face in her hands. Everyone shared a glance before they all slowly walked over to the girl, all of them sitting next, around, or in front of her. Sofia and Karan sat next to her on the bed as Karan wrapped his arm around her waist, Sofia laying her head on Y/N's shoulder as she rubbed circles softly on her back.

The group remained in silence, Y/N slowly picking her head up as she looked around at her friends with a sigh before planting her face back into her hands.

"What the fuck do I do," her voice coming out muffled. No one spoke for a few seconds, afraid they would spark anger out of the girl again. Everyone looked towards Hermione, the girl's mouth opening closing as she tried to figure out what to say before shutting her mouth, no words being formed.

"Believe me Y/N," Harry said, his voice coming out soft, "I wish it were me instead of you."

Y/N let out a soft chuckle as she looked up to her cousin with a small smile, "I do, too."

"Well it's a shame it isn't, hm," Ron spat, everyone quickly turning to look at the sour boy. Y/N's face contorted into a confused expression as she looked at Ron.

"Pardon?"

"You," Ron said, pointing his finger to the girl, "You bought your way in."

Y/N looked at the redhead boy in front of her, her eyebrows quirked up in an offensive manner as she scoffed, quickly standing from the bed as she made her way over to Ron who was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Bought my way in? Have you lost it? Does my reaction seem like the type to be happy to have 'bought my way in', does it Ron?"

The boy only huffed as their friends quickly stood from their spot, Brianne placing her hand on Y/N's shoulder to hold her back from lunging at the boy.

"It's pathetic really," Ron said, "You always have to be the star of everything!"

"I didn't ask for my life to be like this Ron! You think Harry or I asked to be hunted every year by Voldemort, to never catch a break?"

Y/N's face was turning bright red with anger, her friends pushing her back to contain her, the twins and Ginny trying to get her to calm down.

"Stop acting like the victim Y/N," Ron said, his voice coming out sour, "You're nothing but a coward."

Something in Y/N snapped at the boy's words as she lunged at him, Ron quickly backing up into the wall out of fear. Before Y/N could lay a hand on him, Hermione stepped in front of her quickly as she rose her hands to Y/N's cheeks, her thumbs caressing the heated skin underneath.

"Y/N stop, it's not worth it," Hermione pleaded, Y/N's eyes fixed on Ron with a glare. The Ravenclaw's eyes trailed down to Hermione's, her face softening as she saw the pleading look in her eyes. She let out a sigh before she looked back to Ron, pointing her finger out towards him.

"I'm not going to be called a coward by someone who's afraid of spiders. You, out now," she said, her tone dangerously calm. Ron quickly left the room, slamming the door shut as everyone watched Y/N, Hermione still caressing her face.

George and Fred quickly made their way over to the door, shooting Y/N a sympathetic smile to which she shot a small one back before they made their way out of the room to look for their brother. Ginny was quick to follow before she turned to Y/N, placing a hand on her shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Don't listen to him, you're better than that."

With those words Ginny left, leaving Harry, Hermione, and the group of Ravenclaw friends alone with Y/N.

Y/N stood still, everyone watching her as they waited for her to do or say anything. Hermione stood in front of her, her hands lowering to the back of her neck as she watched tears brim in Y/N's eyes.

Y/N quickly pulled Hermione into her by her waist, Hermione going into shock for a moment before she wrapped her arms around her neck, whispering comforting things into her ear as Y/N cried into her neck. Since Y/N was a few centimeters taller, she leaned down to place her head onto Hermione's shoulder, her face nuzzling into the bushy-haired girl's skin.

Hermione looked around at her friends with a sad look, all of them quickly making their way over to bring the two girls in for a group hug. Hermione softly scratched at the back of Y/N's neck in hopes of calming her down as she felt everyone's arms wrap around them.

Sniffles were now heard from Y/N as she kept her face in the crook of Hermione's neck, the feeling of the wires of Harry's glasses pressing into her back as he hugged her.

"We'll figure this out, we promise."

Her friends quickly agreed with Harry as they nodded their heads, none of the making a move to leave the group hug. Y/N sighed from Hermione's neck as she closed her eyes, thoughts and fear taking over her mind as she thought of what was to come.

_______________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 1.8K 29
And so, with our last tale coming to a close your relationship is blooming, friendships are on the mend and your timetable is back to a manageable af...
579K 13.4K 33
"Don't make that promise when we both know it could break," Hermione told her with a cry, but Y/N only gave a small smile as she rested her forehead...
427K 14.8K 35
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...
284K 8.4K 70
❝ 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 (𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐝), 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 �...