Am I still Invisible?

By LostBandGirl

High School. That awkward place where everyone is grouped in cliques unless you are invisible. 16 year old Ri... More

Chapter 1: I am Invisible
Chapter 2: Crash
Chapter 3- Talking to Mr. Abercrombie and Fitch
Chapter 4- The Universe performs Tricks
Chapter 5- How are we Related?
Chapter 6- Prickling, Tingling and Alerts?
Chapter 7- I Need a Party
Chapter 8- Glasses and a Staircase
Chapter 9- Why Me?
Chapter 10- Dad's Home.
Chapter 11- Me vs The Hellhole
Chapter 12- Am I Normal?
Chapter 13- From Romantic Comedies to Horror
Chapter 14- The Agreement
Chapter 15- A Clean Break
Chapter 16- Licorice
Chapter 17- A house full of Enemies.
Chapter 18- Dylan Roberts Is Not A Turd
Chapter 19- Explanations and a Perfect Execution
Chapter 20- Whipping their Sorry Butts
Chapter 21- Our Mini Italy and Family Pranks
Chapter 22- Biting My Tongue (not)
Chapter 23- The Cycle of Sleep Deprivation
Chapter 24- The Stairway to Frenzy
Chapter 25- Heartbreak or Betrayal
Chapter 26- Sucker Punched
Chapter 27- An Impromptu Road Trip
Chapter 29- Friendship and Loveship
Chapter 30- A trip to Uni
Chapter 31- Being part of the Bridal Party
Epilogue
UPDATE no.2

Chapter 28- The bednapper

289 11 21
By LostBandGirl

Dedicate to Lylan_is_hot for that reading list name. How'd it make you cry hun? Thanks so much for your coninued support.

Chapter 28

The bednapper

The figure in my bed groans at the sudden increase of light in the room. He turns around and covers his head with the covers-he’s trying to block out the light.

Why the hell is he in my bed? Why does this stuff always happen to me?

Also how dare that little a-hole deprive me of the sweet joy of getting into a freshly made bed? That is literally what I live for every night.

I tiptoe over to my cupboard and slowly pull back the door. It makes a squeaking sound over the wooden floor and I cringe as I look back to make sure the bed-truder hasn’t been woken. He still sleeps on soundly.

What type of idiot climbs into someone else’s bed and falls asleep? And then sleep like a truck driver through it all?

Oh wait, I forgot this this jerk was a special kind of idiot.

I begin to scrimmage around in my closet for a birthday present I received when I was 12. I can’t seem to find because, quite truthfully, I never though one of Uncle Jerry’s gifts would ever become useful.

Finally I am able to locate the target and remove it from the bad-present protection programme. I pull it out from its brand new pink case and set it down on the floor. I look at the kit containing three blindingly pink objects in front of me and decide which one to go with.

Of all the gifts Uncle Jerry has ever given me this shocking pink defense kit turned out to be the only useful one as today I would use it for the first time...as the wise P!nk once sang, “Who Knew?”

I can’t believe that a grand total of one is the amount of times his present actually became useful- with the insane fear I have of being kidnapped or raped one would think that this kit would be on me like a wheel on a car.

I look at the bright pink tazer, can of pepper spray and police baton in front of me.

I decide to go with baton- for some reason it seems to appeal to me the most.

As I walk I tentatively toward the bed I promise myself not to use the baton for anything other than to strike fear into this dummy.

I hunch over the sleeping form- who has covered himself up in the duvets so well he might as well be a mummy.

I hesitantly pull the covers off the face with the hand holding the baton raised high in the air.

As I pull the covers off he grunts and turns to face me- guess he must be thermo-sensative- I stare at his face expectantly for a few seconds before the thrill wears off and I lower my baton.

I realise then that him waking up to see me threatening to hit him with a stick would not be anything unusual, I threatened him with worse objects before. I needed something that would really irritate him.

Then I got it. The metaphorical light bulb in my head switched on and illuminated the entire area.

That idiotic imbecile- I’ll show him to steal my bed and camp out here like he owns the damn place.

I trade my baton in for my iPod and a pair of sound eliminating ear phones.

I carefully scroll through my playlist before deciding on the perfect song for the little dickwad to wake up to.

Vices by Memphis May Fire. A song which has a lot of scream in it and which I personally refer to as ‘my angry song.’ It might be really heavy but hey, it  still does the job for me and now it will have another purpose as Jake’s wake up song.

He can’t stand heavy metal…of which, I have a lot of thankfully.

First I put the volume all the way up and then I carefully lean over and insert the two tiny earplugs into his ears- luckily I had a pair of new ones to put into those nasty ear holes.

Geez he really needs to trim the ear hair. And the nose hair. Whilst I’m on the subject I might as well also mention that those eyebrows need to parted more desperately than a leech on human skin.

I look back at the iPod before I take on last glance at the sleeping jackass in front of me. This was going to be funny. I am about to press play when I realise th eoen fundamental mistake I am making.

I grab my phone and go to the camera . I switch the setting to video mode and then I begin to record.

Then I set the iPod down (so I can videotape with a steadier hand) and jump the song to the chorus and then I press play.

It takes about a couple of seconds before the action begins.

The bed-napper jumps up with wide eyes and the biggest jolt I have ever seen in my life.  I catch his form flying through the air with my white covers still wrapped around him- he looks like worlds ugliest ghost right now.

My iPod is ripped off the counter and onto the floor but by this point my laughter is too overwhelming for me to be worried.

His eyes are round and his mouth is in a straight line. Both his eyebrows are raised and he looks like he just saw a demon. His face stays in the same expression for a good few seconds.

“What the hell Riley?” he demands from the floor-which is yes, where he ended up landing after he jumped out of the bed from shock, “Could you stop recording me right now,” he hisses out.

I put the phone of record mode and there after a while I manage to stop giggling like a twelve-year-old girl and answer him.

“I needed to wake you up so I could you get out of my life…or at least my bed which is practically my life,” I explain as if it’s the most obvious thing on the planet.

“And heavy-metal was the way to do it?” he enquires incredulously.

“Nah, that was just to teach you a lesson about sleeping in beds where you are clearly unwanted,” I say as I bend over to pick the iPod, “Though I suppose you have a problem in that manner because you are unwanted in beds everywhere.”

In a strange way it feels good and familiar to be bantering with Jake again. I secretly miss the days of him and Sandra as he was quiet fun to have around. He also felt like our little group’s protector so it was like a bodyguard everywhere we went.

“I also got quite a good laugh and video out of it so now I’m happy,” I answer grinning at him like the cherchire cat.

“Wow. It was so hilarious. How do you do it?” Jake says cynically whilst rolling his eyes at me. Looks like someone is in a prissy mood today.

“Why are you here Jake?” I ask as I pace around my room slowly and fidget with items to make it appear if I am busy- my fingertips continuously touching the same objects unconsciously and religiously as I walk. From the cold china of the music box, to the rough texture of the paper, to the rough wall and then back again.

Jake looks up from his cocoon of pillows and blankets (that are also on the floor after his long jump) and sighs melodramatically.

“Where was Sandra today?” He asks accusingly whilst paired with a glare that could make a fireproof hosepipe burn.

This does not sit well with me- how dare he come into my room, crash in my bed and then make accusations…the little shit.

“Well, seeing as I don’t track her movements by the second on GPS I wouldn’t know,” I reply with my voice laced with as much sarcasm as I could possibly muster.

“Well, I’ll tell you where she was. She went out with another guy. She moved on. I saw them out together whilst I was out at a pub with some mates from college. I thought that of all people you would be the one to let me know she was dating again. I want this guys number- so he can stop encroaching on what’s mine,” Jake says with voice dancing on the edge of yelling.

“First thing- shut up or I’m in shit. Second thing- you fell off the band wagon again, didn’t you? You know you aren’t supposed to drink dimwit. Thirdly, How is it any of your business if she starts to date again? Fourthly, She is not a piece of meat that you can fight over and claim. She is a girl and she can choose who she wants. Also, before I forget- who still uses the word mate?”

I know am being harsh but right now my mind is too busy trying to process the fact that That Sannie didn’t tell me about her date. I always thought that we told each other everything.  I think back to the last couple of times we talked.

Dammit- I’ve been a bad friend recently. I don’t even remember asking if she was okay. I was so concerned about the cheating and my life that I forgot to care about my best friend.

How could I not see that Sandra had been dying to tell me something but couldn’t because she felt like I was taking up all the time.

“I think I came here to get answers from you but I’m not really sure. Everything is blank after midnight,” Jake answers. Then he looks at me nervously before he continues, “ Also, based on past experiences you might not want to use your bathroom till it’s been cleaned.”

I look at him resisting the urge to gag.

“Like I would give you answers if she didn’t want you to know. My loyalties will always lie with her ultimately and don’t you forget that. I will always do what’s best for her. Please shut up before you embarrass yourself.”

Being sassy is really fun sometimes.

“How do you know that I’m not what’s best for her,” Jake asks.

“Jake we need to let her figure that out for herself. You know it and I see but she doesn’t. If you keep on pulling stunts like this you will loose her forever. You should go back to college and keep your distance for a bit. Let life move on and que sera sera. What will be, will be.”

Jake is about to reply when I cut him off. I can’t handle this anymore and I just need sleep.

“It’s too late and you’re too hangover to go home now. I’ll take you to the spare room to rest and I know Peter will cover for you in the morning,” I tell Jake as I am honestly not even in the mood to get to the bottom of this. The exhaustion from all the days events have finally hit me like a ton of bricks.

I walk out of my bedroom with Jake hot on my heels. We navigate the corridor with complete silence- neither one sure of what to say so we conveniently blame it on the whole ‘trying-not-to-wake-the-parents” thing.

“I wanted to kill him Riley. I wanted to rip his hands of her. The only thing stopping me was what she would think of me if I did. She belongs with me but she doesn’t think so. Maybe I should give up,” Jake says as he sits down on the bed in the guest room.

“What do you mean?” I ask in disbelief. Jake would normally never give up on Sandra. He was always fighting for her and the fact that he might leave astounded me.

“You were right. She obviously wants a different life. She wants me out and the best thing I can do for her is leave her alone- like she wants,” As he whispers this his head hangs and his shoulders droop, “They say if you love something let it free.”

I walk over to Jake and give him a hug.

“She loved you Jake. She really did. I don’t know if this helps or not but I hope it does. She was happy with you and you brought out a different side of her. What you two had was rare and beautiful and nothing that happens now can ever take that away,” with that I get up and leave the room.

At the door I turn around to look at Jake and my heart goes out to him. His situation really sucks right now.

I leave Jake behind to be alone in his grief and I walk back to my room with a mixed feeling of elation and despair.

Everything was okay with Ryan… and I would get to see him again tomorrow, however, on the other hand my best friend was keeping secrets from me whilst probably feeling neglected on top of it.

I personally was also really worried about how I was ever going to be able to trust Ryan. After what he did and then what Seth did I can’t help but wonder if Ryan is out with another girl as we speak.

It takes everything in me not to reach for the phone right now and call him. I don’t want to seem possessive and clingy but, I honestly can’t help being unsure.

I could sense that tonight was going to be one sleepless night.

I go back to room and begin to pick up my sheets. I put my iPod back inot the docking station and grab my phone so I can charge it.

I notice then that I have 1 new message.

Ryan: Sleeping over at Damons. Love you . Good night.

At bit of my tension is relieved but there is still that nagging little doubt making me question if he was lying or not.

And I just could not seem to surpress it.

What is the world doing to me?

Ryan if I turn into a nutcase I am going to blame it all on you.

Author's Note

Sorry it took so long..I have a lot of school commitments currently and barely have time to breathe.

I love you guys. 

Alsoif anyone wants to make a book cover or trailer please let me know.

Love you guys tons

LostBandGirl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86K 3.1K 42
Emma Carpenter is a classic example of a nerd. She does her homework, gets straight A's, reads all the time, and never gets in trouble. Then one day...
2.2K 13 27
Michaela and her best friend Elena are going into their sophomore year of high school. All their lives they have chosen to be invisible. Only the rig...
409 7 20
A story for Jessica. Kayleigha is a senior in high school with a bland and boring life along with her best friend, Sam. That all changes when "bad bo...
1K 92 32
Being invisible to everyone not being around many people. That the life of Summer. She was quiet and smart and very amazing dancer but was never been...