Kingdom of Stars and Fire

By Witchling167

A ACOTAR and TOG crossover. Takes place after KoA and aCoFaS: Aelin and Feyre, and their kingdoms, are at pea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 42

1.2K 40 4
By Witchling167

Yeah so the next several chapters are all going to be on the longer side

Aelin

Aelin only had to glance Connall's way before he immediately cut his arm and started to draw Wyrdmarks on the ground. How Connall knew about Wyrdmarks, Aelin would have to ask him another time. Thankfully it didn't take very long for Aelin's injuries to start healing themselves. But she wasn't going to let Fenrys deal with Maeve alone. And Aelin knew that Connall would do that same.

"Rhys, you need to do your mind thing as soon as you guys get to Terrasen, and figure out where they went, and what's happening," Aelin told Rhys. Everyone still looked stunned at what had happened.

"Of course, but we can't just charge in there," Rhys said.

"I know. You guys go ahead, I'm going to make a pit stop. We never actually did tell Fenrys where we put the book. If he is a good pup, then he will take Maeve to the libary and wander around, which should by us some time. Contact Elide inside the castle, do what it takes to get Maeve outside in the garden. Lysandra and Elide are in charge until I get back, " Aelin said, dropping down to the ground and making her own portal. Aelin cut her arm, and started to draw the Wyrdmarks. "Feyre you're with me. Ask Elide, she will tell you what to do. Just make sure you're outside in the garden by the time we get back, and do whatever it takes to get her to stay there. And if any one of you die, I will gut you," Aelin commanded.

"Wherever you're going, I'm coming," Rowan declared.

"No, they need you to help hold down Maeve. Don't worry, for once, I am not going anywhere dangerous. Everyone else, either go to Terrasen, or help deal with the spiders attacking this city. And Helion go heal Mor, cause she's not looking too great," Aelin said, as she finished drawing a simplified Wyvern. Mor was sitting on the ground, looking like she was going to pass out at any second. Helion didn't hesitate to winnow next to her, and started healing her.

"Where are we going?" Feyre asked, as she walked up to Aelin, waiting for the portal to be done.

"To the only person who can kill Maeve."

Fenrys

Why am I not surprised. Like honestly, she always pulls some bull shit like this. And we can't fucking trick her this time, cause she is standing right next to me. The wound Fenrys received wasn't deep, but she didn't do it to injure him. She did it so he couldn't use his magic. And it fucking worked. This was not how I thought this day was going to go. I thought today was a day of politics and other bull shit. Truly just great. And now everyone knows that Azriel is my mate. And apparently Aelin knew about this the entire time, because she didn't look the least bit surprised. Fantastic. And Helion has a son, but that's the least of my concerns. 

The stepped out of the portal and into Orynth's palace. Why do the portals always spawn in the most convenient spots? I probably should be thinking about a way to save Azriel, but like..... the world is really fucking messed up.

They spawned inside the palace conference room, with no one inside. Fenrys of course knew the entire layout of the palace by now, as he lived in it. Or at least most of it, as it was massive and he didn't really ever "explore" it. But he knew that if they took the hallway to his left, and walked down several sets of stairs they would reach the library. Aelin and Rowan weren't lying to Maeve when they claimed that Fenrys didn't know where the book was. His first guess would be the libary. But Rowan could've moved it when he was creating portals. And it had a habit of disappearing and showing up at random. 

"I don't actually know where The Walking Dead is," Fenrys informed Maeve, who had a sword pressed against Azriel's throat. They were both unarmed, and would only be able to use their fists against Maeve if they fought her. 

"Wrong answer," Maeve told him, pressing her the sword made of pure darkness closer to Azriel's face. Fenrys would make sure that they stayed away from Elide, and anyone else who might be in the palace.

"We could go to the library. But they have used it recently, and I don't know where Whitethorn put it. And it likes to disappear," Fenrys told her.

"Wrong answer again," Maeve said as she pressed the knife to Azriels throat, and blood trickled down his neck. Azriel didn't even flinch. Fenrys gritted his teeth.

"Would you like a tour of the castle? While we wait for a magical book to appear," Fenrys growled.

"You and your mouth. I hope you don't act this way to your new queen," Maeve hummed.

"You know, I've always hated you," Fenrys snarled. If Maeve was going to threaten Azriel, he might as well stall her. He knew the chances of Aelin or any of the others doing anything to stop Maeve were slim. But it couldn't hurt to wander around aimlessly. 

"Oh I know. Everyone knew. Why do you think that you were the one in my bedroom," Maeve purred. Fenrys cringed. That was one part of his life he tried to forget. 

"Well, your majesty, I guess we're going to the library then," Fenrys told her, as he started to walk towards the library. There was usually no one ever there, thank the gods, but Fenrys would still try to take the longest, and least people filled way possible. Thank the gods that Aelin had practically no guards in her castle. They were only some guards positioned at the entrances and exits. And since no one has tried to assassinate Rowan and Aelin yet, they had no need for any extra guards.   

Maeve said nothing as he followed Fenrys out of the room. Fenrys prayed that they would not run into anyone, especially Elide. He couldn't allow Maeve to have another leverage over him.

"You missed a turn," Maeve told Fenrys, as they walked past a hallway. Indeed that hallway would've taken them on a more direct route to the library. But Fenrys was trying to buy them time. Rowan could've also taken the book back to Azriel's world, so Fenrys really didn't know where the damn book was.

"If you know the castle so well then why don't we just follow you," Fenrys said through his teeth.

"Still have a grudge about me faking your brother's death. Powerful things illusions are," Maeve commented, still following Fenrys. Azriel growled in warning. That's when they turned a corner and Fenrys saw Elide talking to Darrow in the hallway. Fenrys swore, while Maeve only smiled. Elide turned her head and paled at the sight of Fenrys, Maeve, and Azriel.

"Hello, dear," Maeve commented to Elide. Darrow looked like he saw a ghost.

"What's going on," Elide growled. Fenrys eyes pleaded with Elide and Darrow to run. But Elide only unsheathed a concealed knife from a side, and positioned herself in a fighting stance. She wouldn't stand a chance against Maeve, but Elide didn't look like she had any intention to escape.

"Fenrys is helping me find something. I hope that you won't get in our way," Maeve told them.

"Elide," Fenrys warned. "Please just go. Please." He wouldn't put anyone else in danger. Especially not Lorcan's wife, and a Lady of Terrasen. Elide did no such thing.

"You can go to hell. Let the boys go, and crawl back to whatever hell hole you came from," Elide sneered. Darrow said nothing and just had a sword drawn. Shit does everyone carry weapons around here. I guess after Erawan everyone does.

"I hear that you have a baby now, congratulations," Maeve said with a small smile. Elide's face remained masked.

"Elide," Fenrys warned again. Maeve could go to hell. If she tried to use Elide's child to get what she wanted.... "Please go." Elide ignored him.

"Let them go," Elide sneered. Maeve only smiled. "Would you like to join us? Fenrys was taking me to the library."

"Please Elide," Fenrys begged. Elide eyes locked with his own, and saw his silent plea. She lowered her knife, and locked eyes with Maeve. "What do you need from them?"

"The Walking Dead. Fenrys tell me he doesn't know where it is, perhaps you do?" Maeve said smoothly. Maeve didn't need to threaten her, not with the sword next to Azriel's throat.

"Release them and I'll give it to you," Elide said, her voice steady.

"I'm going to kill you," Fenrys growled. They both ignored him.

"Fabulous, Fenrys you're with us," Maeve said, pointing the sword away from Azriel and towards Fenrys. Fenrys was grateful that Azriel wasn't traveling with them, but he almost wished that he was instead of Elide. Azriel barely held up against Maeve, and even with Elide's training that she's gotten in the past two years, she wouldn't stand a chance. Some lord, Darrow is. Letting Elide sacrifice herself like this and not saying a damn word. But Fenrys would yell at Darrow later.

"No. Only me and you. No one else," Elide stated. 

"Sorry, dear. Fenrys and I have some catching up to do," Maeve purred. 

"Stop this. Take me with you instead of Fenrys," Azriel said, blood still trickling down his neck and wing.

"Fenrys loves my company too much to switch with you. Lead the way Lady Lochan," Maeve said, going behind Fenrys's and putting the sword in front of him. Elide glanced at Fenrys before she led them away, Maeve bracing a hand on Fenrys's shoulder pushing him along. The Book of Breathings was tucked under the arm that braced Fenrys's shoulder. Damn it Elide. I fucking hope you are not actually going to give her the book. Fenrys arm was still bleeding, but he truly couldn't care less. Not when Elide might die at a moment's notice, or any of his friends for that matter.

"Why do you even need the books?" Fenrys sneered as Maeve kept a hand on Fenrys shoulder. If Fenrys even moved his throat too much, the blade would pierce. And he didn't want to have anymore of the fucking poison in him. 

"The three books together would be powerful enough to allow me to take over both of your worlds. They might not be as powerful as three Wyrdkeys, or the Cauldron, but together they are probably the equivalent of two Wyrdkeys. And we all saw how much damage Erawan did with two Wyrdkeys," Maeve commented. They followed Elide down several hallways, and down several sets of staircases, until they reached a room with an iron door. Elide took out a key that Fenrys didn't know she was carrying, and unlocked the door. Past a door was a long narrow hallway, with lots of iron doors on either side. Fenrys knew this was probably the treasury, or some other mini dungeon. He never really bothered exploring every hallway inside the castle, as it was enormous and Fenrys didn't really care. But there were no guards, only endless iron doors.

Fenrys was able to count 33 iron doors they passed by before Elide stopped in front of one, every one of them identical. Fenrys definitely wouldn't have been able to guess that this was where the book was. He was grateful that they moved the magical object into some place more secure than the library. Not that it mattered now.

Feyre unlocked the door, and there was nothing inside the concrete room, besides The Walking Dead lying in the middle of the floor. Maeve smiled at the sight of it. But Elide immediately went into the room and picked up the book. She pushed herself against the wall a knife in one hand, and the book in another. Idiot move. Elide was trapped, and Fenrys was still hostage. Maeve had forgotten to order Elide to drop her knife, not that she could do much with it now.

"Hand me the book Elide, and I'll let Fenrys go," Maeve said calmly. Liar. Elide knew it too. Maeve could easily slit Fenrys throat right then and there, and then kill Elide. Fenrys could fuck himself, he wasn't going to let Elide die. But Fenrys saw the warning in Elide's eyes, not yet.

"Would you open a portal to let the two other Valg kings into our world with the books?" Elide asked. She was stalling. But for what. There was no one who could come to help them.

"I don't know why I would do that. Especially since I came to your world to get away from my husband," Maeve said. "I wouldn't tell you again, hand the book over." Elide didn't move an inch.

"And the book you have, is from your world?" Elide asked.

"It came from my husband's library. He never noticed that it was gone, still probably doesn't. Give me the book now, or else Fenrys wouldn't be the only one who dies. Your daughter is in the castle, Marion isn't it?" Maeve said with a wicked smile. If Elide was scared for her daughter she didn't show it. Elide only cracked a smile.

"Do you know how Erawan was destroyed?" Elide asked with a sly smile. Her hands didn't shake as she kept the knife held up high.

"Yes, Lord Westfall's wife, Yrene, destroyed him. And I don't need a history lesson from you girl, hand over the book," Mave snapped. Elide only continued, "Do you know who's idea that was?" Maeve rolled her eyes, "Let me guess yours."

"And do you know why it worked?" Elide said smoothly.

"Enlighten me."

"Erawan underestimated. Underestimated how much power a single person can wield. And how much more a team can," Elide said. "And for someone who knows everything about each of us, I thought that you would've been smarter than this."

"I am a second away from killing Fenyrs," Maeve growled. "Hand over the book."

"I don't think that you would actually do that," Elide said smoothly.

"Do you know who I am," Maeve snapped. Elide only shrugged. "Fine. Let me call your bluff." Fenrys face paled. Well.... I didn't think that this was going to be how I died. Doesn't she know that Maeve is a fucking monster. She very much will kill me, and all because Elide "called her bluff". Man, is this going to be a sad ending for my story. The White Wolf of Doranelle died because his friend called Maeve's bluff. Only Lorcan would marry someone who would call Maeve's bluff. Whatever I'll kill her in hell. 

"You clearly haven't met me," Maeve growled. Fenrys gave as much of a nod as possible in agreement. He didn't expect that he was going to walk out of this alive. But Elide calling Maeve's bluff was certainly not how he imagined he would go.

"If you're not going to kill him, then humor me. Maybe at first you wanted the Wyrdkeys for power, but once you killed your love, Athril, for them it broke you. You couldn't go after Brannon for the Wyrdkeys, because of his flame. So you waited for your chance. For your opportunity to get your hands on the Wyrdkeys. The only chance that you might have at bringing Athril back, permanently. So you waited until Aelin came along. Tried to use her to give you the Wyrdkeys, perhaps you wanted to rule over everyone. But it wasn't your priority. No, your priority was bringing Athril back, and having him stay alive. You would be perfectly content with ruling over the Fae if it meant that you had Athril by your side. But Aelin never told you where the Wyrdkeys were, and you of course had to take desperate measures by allying yourself with Erawan. Not that you had much to lose, as you were overthrown in Doranelle. Even with the Wyrdkeys gone, and there being no chance of you getting your hands on them again, you still sought out Athril. "

"So you did what you had to do to raise an army in Hybern, and come back for the only things that might be powerful enough to bring Athril back. The three books. If you claim they are as powerful as two Wyrdkeys, then surely they can bring one dead person back to life. Perhaps you do wish to rule both worlds, but your goal is still to have Athril back. To have him by your side once more. That's why you wanted Athril's sword and ring so much, because it was all you had to remind yourself of him. And you wouldn't stop until he is standing next to you in flesh and bone. But until then you got Fenrys to swear the blood oath to you. You didn't just want him because of his power, or because he is a twin. No, Fenrys reminds you too much of Athril. The same reason goes for the Fae owl who you had blood sworn. Maybe it was for protection, but Athril's animal form was also an owl. And that's why you didn't kill Fenrys in Doranelle, and why you wouldn't kill him now," Elide said smoothly.

"That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard," Maeve snarled. Fenrys was inclined to agree, that sounded like total bull shit to him. Elide only gave her a wicked grin. "Was I wrong though?" Did Elide seriously just try bluffing her way out of this, against Maeve. She has balls, I'll give her that, but she can't seriously expect Maeve to fall for any of the crap she just said. Maeve's magic roared, and Fenrys knew that Maeve wasn't doing any of this for love. Elide only locked eyes with Fenrys, a silent warning. Fenrys cracked a smile knowing shit was about to go down.

Maeve tried to whip her magic out at Elide, but it was deflected by an invisible shield. Elide only smiled.

"I hope that you expected my friends to come back here, as soon as you took Fenrys and Azriel," Elide said with a smile.

"I was counting on it," Maeve said with a sly smile, but her eyes were lit with rage, as the shield around Elide held. Maeve cried out in pain, as Elide said, "So was I."

-------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 786 20
Feyre never expected that her vacation with Rhys and their son would be so disastrous. And Aelin never expected to see to unknown fae females fall fr...
34.7K 1.5K 48
[SEQUEL TO CURSEBREAKER AND FIREHEART] The gods have returned, and they are out for blood. With the Queen of Terrasen missing in action, Feyre A...
84.1K 3K 38
Feyre Archeron, High Lady of the Night Court, is one step away from a secret. Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen, is one step away from the truth...
114K 2.6K 40
This takes place after the Kingdom of Ash when Sarah RUDELY left us on a cliffhanger. I refuse to leave this story at a simple 'maybe' AND a bit of a...