Kingdom of Stars and Fire

By Witchling167

A ACOTAR and TOG crossover. Takes place after KoA and aCoFaS: Aelin and Feyre, and their kingdoms, are at pea... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 1

6K 102 37
By Witchling167

Note: This contains spoilers for KoA and ACOWAR. 

Aelin

It has been two years since Erawan fell. 

Two years since the world became a better world. And despite the new found peace and safety within Erilea, Aelin wasn't at peace. 

Her dreams were filled with nightmares of watching her loved ones die. Of being too late to save Nehemia, too late to save Sam, or any of the others. Aelin knows she is not the only one dealing with nightmares. 

Two years later, Aelin also finds Rowan being woken up by his own nightmares. On these nights they do nothing but hold each, as there were no words that could help either one with what they were going through.  

Feyre

Feyre looked out the windowsill and up into the night sky. 

No more Hybern, and no more walls. 

Almost four years later after King Hybern died--Fae and humans were beginning to live in peace.

 Even though there weren't many humans living in Fae cities, the ones that did could live in peace with the Fae. 

And Feyre considered that a start. 

A start of a time when Fae and humans don't fear each other, or hide from each other. 

But can live together and can laugh together.

Rhys walked up to the windowsill, putting an arm around Feyre as they both watched the stars.

A thought for a thought? Rhys asked inside Feyre's head, all readying knowing what Feyre's answer was going to be.

Still watching the stars Feyre responded out loud, "I never thought that I could be this happy. Everyone one safe and sound. No more wondering if we will be alive tomorrow, no more wondering if Fae and humans can truly live together. Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect, but it never will be perfect." 

Rhys gave a small squeeze of understanding, as he always does. He would always understand. 

Feyre leaned her head on Rhys, "Your turn." Rhys gave her a quick kiss on the top of her head.

"I never thought this could ever be my life. Having you by my side, having peace in Prythian. It is as if, everything that I allowed myself to dream about has come true," Rhys said. They continued to watch the stars in silence. Not the awkward kind of silence, but the comforting kind, knowing that they would both to hell and back for each other.

The sound of pounding on their bedroom door, disrupted their silence. Rhys and Feyre glanced at each other, already knowing who it is, before she spoke.

"I don't know what you guys are doing in there," Mor yelled through the door. "But you better get your asses downstairs now, Azriel has something he wants to tell everyone." 

Feyre sighed, as Mor stomped off, no doubt to yell at the others to meet around the table. 

Rhys muttered, "prick" as, in the distance,  Mor yelled at Cassian "to hurry the hell up." 

Cassian's loud growl in response, could be heard through out the manor.  

"What do you think it is this time?" Feyre asked Rhys, through a laugh, as they started to walk towards the door.

"I have no clue. Maybe something to do with the humans or the Illyrian bands," Rhys responded, as they walk out of the door and down stairs. Rhys cracked a smile. "Or she could just be hungry."

Gathered at the wide circular table was Azriel, Mor, Elain, and Cassian, with Amren nowhere in sight. In their new manor, they made sure that there was plenty of room to accommodate their family. As even though most of them had there own homes in Velaris, they often slept inside Feyre's and Rhys's. 

"And you were telling me to hurry up," Cassian complained, his seven siphons gleaming, on his Illyrian leathers. "I could've flown over to Hewn City and back, by the time these slow pricks got here." 

Ignoring him, Rhys asked, "Where's Amren?" before Feyre had the chance too. 

Azriel glared at Mor, as Mor put her hands up in surrender. They all sat around in the table, the chairs made to accommodate wings, as Feyre and Rhys pulled into their own seats. 

"What, I checked the house she's not here. It's not my job to hunt her down in the entirety of Velaris to find her. Besides we can catch her up later," Mor said no doubt having had this conversation with the others minutes before. 

Mor didn't look the least bit sorry for not finding Amren. 

Azriels stopped glaring at Mor, no doubt annoyed that she didn't get Amren, but said anyway, "Trouble seems to be brewing in Hybern. It seems that King Hybern had a wife this entire time, and she has now taken it upon herself to make her Queen of Hybern." Feyre took a deep breath in, praying that this wouldn't end up like how it did with King Kybern. Don't worry Feyre, darling. Whatever is going on we do this together, Rhys murmured inside Feyre's head.

"Bullshit," Mor spat. 

"Why haven't we heard that he had a wife, and why is she now declaring herself queen, after nearly four years?" Rhys questioned, worry in his eyes.

"We don't know. She has actually requested a meeting with all of the High Lords and Ladies, in three weeks. Claiming that we can pick where we want it to be. It is unclear what she wants to talk about and what power she actually has over Hybern," Azriel commented.

"But does she actually have any power? If she was the King's wife, does that mean she has control over Hybern?" Mor asked, her blond hair glistening in the light. Elain said nothing, simply studying the conversation. 

"No," Rhys responded. "I don't believe so. The treaty we made with Hybern at the end of the war allows them to elect their leader--they have already chosen leader. They technically don't even have a queen and king anymore. And Hybern's people could still reject her claim as queen, but I suppose they could also just as easily accept it."

Mor, looking like she wanted to punch a wall, said, "Well what do the other High Lords and Ladies think about this. Do they want to have a meeting with her?"

"All of them want to hear what she has to say and all of them have agreed to her terms of the meeting. Except for Spring Court, no word from Tamlin yet. And I assume you also will want to hear what she has to say?" Azriel asked. Rhys and Feyre nodded their heads.

"I will reach out to the others about a location as soon as we are done here," Rhys said, as the others nodded. 

"You mean after dinner you will. Are there any other issues to talk about, because I am hunnngrryyyyyyy," Mor whined. "Is dinner ready yet, I don't think I can wait another hour for it." 

Cassian bobbed his head in agreement. 

Everyone turned their heads to Elain, knowing that if Mor doesn't get food for her soon, there would be yelling. Elain, despite all this time, still enjoyed working in the kitchen and making dinner with the chefs.

"Yes dinner is nearly ready," Elain responded calmly. Too often does she put up with Mor's complaining about being hungry. 

"Elain, don't ever be afraid to slap Mor if she complains too much," Rhys hummed as Mor scowled. "I am also starving, and would also like to eat," Cassian chimed. 

Feyre snorted. "When are you not." Azriel cracked a smile as Cassian replied, "You're one to talk, Feyre."

"At least I am not some bastard, who goes around demanding for food," Feyre snapped back at Cassian. 

"She's not wrong you know," Azriel commented smoothly. 

Cassian only gave him a vulgar gesture in response.  

"Remind me why I hang out with you bastards," Rhys asked, as servants started bringing food to the table. 

"I've been asking my self the same question for centuries," Cassian chuckled. A smile tugged at Azriel's lips, agreeing with Cassian. 

"We need more females in this house," Mor muttered, as she poured her self a heaping glass of wine. 

"Who are you kidding, Mor. There are more females. Ever since Feyre showed up, her sisters with her, there is a woman at every turn I make in this home," Cassian commented smoothly. 

"I'm sorry. I should've clarified. We need less Illyrian males in this house," Mor said with a wicked grin. 

"You don't have to stay here. I think that you would be doing everyone a favor if we didn't have to do deal with your excessive yelling," Rhys responded. 

"I would never leave Feyre to deal with your guys alone," Mor responded, taking a sip of her wine. 

"I don't think you realize how much I appreciate that," Feyre said through a laugh. 

"Is that suppose to mean something?" Cassian asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You boys are always fighting. It's like you guys are always having a contest to see who is the better Illyrian male," Feyre responded smoothly.

"And who is the best Illyrian male?" Rhys asked, his eyes telling her that she better say him. 

Feyre cracked a smile. 

"I think it's time to decide once and for all who has the biggest wingspan," Feyre responded smoothly. 

Azriel choked on his wine. 

"I think you just wounded Rhys," Cassian said with a smile. 

Rhys rolled his eyes.  

"I second Feyre's idea," Mor announced. 

"Of course you do," Rhys grumbled. 

They spent the rest of the night together, eating dinner, laughing, and making fun of each other. 

That was until they finished dessert.

Feyre's head pounded, and she started to feel lightheaded. 

Rhys seeing this asked, "Feyre are you ok?"

 Feyre tried to nod in response, but her head hurt too much. 

Feyre tried to stand up from the couch, that moved to after dinner, but she fell to her knees. 

Everyone was instantly up from their spots on the surrounding couches and chairs, rushing towards her.

 Feyre knows that they were asking her, if she's ok, if they need to call a healer, but she could hardly hear them as her head was pounding too much. Her mental shields were up, and she could tell Rhys was trying to get into her head, and ask her what's going on. 

Feyre glanced down at her hands to see that they are slowly disappearing, along with the rest of her body. 

By now, everyone was panicking. Rhys was trying to grab her, but she there was nothing to grab, she was no more than a ghost. 

Feyre eyes met Rhys's, and there was pure terror in his eyes. 

Feyre was practically nothing at this point.

"I love you," she said right before disappearing completely. 

And in her spot laid a blond haired Fae. Who looked dazed before instantly getting to her feet and pulling out a sword, and yelling, "Who the hell are you guys?"

--------------

Will accept any constructive criticism. Hope you enjoyed.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 10.2K 54
(#790 in fanfiction 2017-04-30) **I am including a spoiler warning for Empire of Storms and A Court of Mist and Fury. Both now have canon follow-ups...
19.5K 547 13
When Aelin Galathynius tumbled through worlds, she landed in Prythian, the land of the fae. She was found by our beloved bat boys who now will help...
60.9K 1.2K 13
when aelin is taken by maeve and tortured, she is suddenly transported into another world after being on the verge of dying. things start to get bet...
114K 2.6K 40
This takes place after the Kingdom of Ash when Sarah RUDELY left us on a cliffhanger. I refuse to leave this story at a simple 'maybe' AND a bit of a...