Love Me Not (Shawn Mendes)

Oleh cmstyles123

Shawn and I both got up to leave, but before I could reach the door, Shawn slammed it shut behind me, leaving... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 18

110 2 0
Oleh cmstyles123

Shawn's POV

I woke up to the feeling of something on my chest. I looked down to see a body. Confused and disoriented, I looked around the room and realized that I was in Cassie's room. I almost forgot that I slept here last night.

The events that took place mere hours ago rushed to my mind. Cassie had a nightmare and asked me to sleep here with her. If only she knew that that was the best sleep of my life.

Speaking of the devil, she began to move and removed herself from my chest. I stayed as still as possible so as to not wake her up. She turned away from me, then a few moments later, turned to the other side, now facing me. I suppressed a smile. She was so cute.

I stared at her for a second, holding my breath to make sure she was still asleep. Thankfully she was.

My eyes then scanned her beautiful face. Her long eyelashes laid upon her cheeks, her hair was sprawled out around her head; she looked so peaceful. A vast contrast from how she was last night.

I found myself scooting closer and lying on my side to face her. A protective feeling rushed over me. Whether she believes so or not, she is my girlfriend, at least to the public, so it's my job to watch out for her. After what happened at the hockey game, I made a vow to myself that I would never let anyone ever lay a finger on her again. And I would never break that vow, which is why I stuck by her side at the hospital, doing everything I possibly could for her.

I hoped after the past week that she would trust me a little more. I know she doesn't want to date me for real yet, but I'm going to prove to her that she can trust me enough to become more than friends. I know what I said to her and how I acted when we first met justifies her feelings, so I just have to work extra hard to change that.

I didn't even think twice as my hand reached out to move a stray piece of hair out of her face and behind her ear. As I did so, I felt her move again and her eyes slowly open. I quickly pulled back my hand and closed my eyes, my heart rate getting faster. I hope she didn't see me.

But unfortunately, she did.

"I saw that." She spoke. I slowly opened my eyes to see her smirking at me. I decided to play dumb.

I dramatically stretched. "What do you mean?" I faked a yawn.

She rolled her eyes. "Don't act like you don't know."

"Okay fine. I was reaching for a pillow to try and kill you, okay? I'm sorry." I joked.

She laughed at that, like music to my ears. "Wow. After all that I've done for you? After saving your life?" She said dramatically.

"Yes, because ever since you've lived here, the water and electricity bills have been higher than ever." I winked and poked her in the side that wasn't injured.

She wiggled out of my reach and waved off my comment. "Eh, you're rich. And because you just said that, I'm going to take even longer showers and watch more tv just to spite you." She stuck her tongue out at me.

I got up and sat on the edge of the bed. "Do whatever you want, just know that I know where you live and sleep." I said in return.

We both chuckled.

I couldn't help but smile. The fact that we can joke around like this makes me very happy. She seems comfortable around me, which means I'm just one step closer.

I got up from he bed and made my way towards the door. When I reached it, I turned around. "I'm gonna go make some breakfast, is there anything you want?" I asked.

She furrowed her brow. "Wait, you're going to cook? I'm scared."

I put a look of hurt on my face. "Hey! I can cook! I ju-"

"No you can't." She interjected.

"Fine you're right. But while I was at the hospital, I may have watched some videos and asked my mom for some help since I knew you wouldn't be able to." I knew that Cassie wasn't going to be able to cook or really get out of her bed for a few days, so I asked my mom for some tips and recipes as well as the internet. You can learn anything on YouTube nowadays. And I know we could just order food in, but I thought that this would be more thoughtful and make my image a little better in her head.

I think the idea worked because a look of awe and appreciation crossed her face. "Shawn. You learned to cook because of me? That's so sweet." She spoke a little more quietly and looked down.

"Well........you know." I said to break the silence, feeling really good about my decision to learn to cook. "I'll just surprise you." I looked at her one last time before turning to leave.

I only took one step before I heard her speak up.

"Wait Shawn!" She called. "Come here for a sec." I turned around and made my way towards her. She was sitting up and patted the spot next to her so I would sit, a thoughtful look upon her face.

"Yeah?" I asked once I was seated. I wasn't sure what she was going to say.

She pursed her lips, probably thinking about how to word her thoughts. "Listen, I just really want to thank you for everything you've done for me in the past week. I really appreciate it. And I really want to thank you for last night." At that she got really quiet, almost a whisper. "That dream really messed me up yesterday and I'm sorry I woke you up, I..." She sighed and looked up. I rubbed her leg as she spoke, to comfort her. "...and you really didn't have to sleep here last night, I was just so emotional for no reason, I mean, it was just a dream! I don't know why I let it affect me that way, but anyway," she shook her head to get back on topic, "thank you." She looked into my eyes.

"No problem." I smiled at her.

Then her face changed to a strained one and I heard her gulp. "You're a really good friend."

"You're a really good friend."

"Friend."

Ugh. I know that we're just friends for now, but hearing that word really sucks. I think it's become my least favorite word.

It's all I could think about as I made breakfast for us. I keep telling myself that it's not going to stay that way; that I'm going to make her change her mind, but I just wish her mind was already changed.

Pushing that thought aside, I continued to make the only breakfast food I knew how to make, cinnamon French toast. I hope she likes it.

I divided the pieces of French toast evenly on our plates and added some raspberries, which I know she likes, and picked up the plates and forks to bring to her room. I stopped outside the door, took a deep breath and made my way in.

"I'm back......and with food!" I plastered a smile on my face.

She was sat on the edge of the bed, her head turning towards me when I entered.

"Hey," she paused. "Do you think we can eat outside? I need to get out of here." She had a pleading look.

I felt kind of bad. She's been locked up inside for over a week. The only time she got outside was when we moved her from the hospital to here.

"Yeah, of course." I smiled. "You know it's cold outside though, right?" I asked. The mid-November air in Toronto was no joke.

"Yeah, I just can't stay in here any longer." She chuckled.

"Okay stay there, just let me get your coat and wheel chair." I told her before jogging over to her closet and grabbing her winter coat. I helped her put it on and guided her into the wheelchair.

When we got outside, I helped her onto the outdoor sofa that had a table in front of it. Then I quickly turned to put on the fireplace, the chili air immediately causing goosebumps to form.

"Hey Shawn?" Cassie asked.

"Yeah?" I replied, focused on the task at hand.

"Ummm...maybe you want to put your coat on?" She stifled a laugh.

"What?" I looked up at her, then down at my bare arms, realization hitting me. "Oh jeez." I face palmed, embarrassed at my own obliviousness. She began laughing uncontrollably. "I'll be right back." I ran inside to grab my jacket. She was still laughing when I returned.

"Hey!" I spoke accusingly, trying to get her attention. "Why didn't you tell me on the way out?!"

"I was waiting until you noticed." She said once her laughing died down. "How did you not notice?" She wiped a tear from her eye.

I pretended to be mad and turned my back, a pout on my face.

"Aww hey I'm sorry! I won't laugh again I promise." I heard her say, even though a smile could be heard through her words.

"Don't be a baby." She said teasingly when I didn't respond.

"That's okay, keep laughing, I'll just go inside and lock you out here." I raised my eyebrows at her jokingly.

"No come on! I'm just a poor cripple. You can't do that to me." She joked back.

"I know I'm just kidding." I spoke seriously before turning the flame up on the fire and standing up. "Let me just go warm up our food and be back." I told her, a ghost of a smile on my lips.

She nodded and I was off.

While inside, I decided to grab the large throw blanket on the sofa for us as an extra layer of warmth, and once everything was reheated and ready, I walked back out to her.

I stopped just before the glass door and watched her for a second. Her eyes were closed and a smile adorned her lips. She looked like she was really happy to be outside, despite the cold weather. I smiled a little before opening the door and joining her.

I walked up behind her and placed the blanket over her shoulders. I must have startled her because she jumped a little bit. "I got the food." I said as I placed it in front of her and sat on the sofa to her left. I grabbed the blanket and put it over my shoulders as well. In doing so, I was forced to scoot a little closer to her, so our legs were touching. I could tell we were both aware of the contact.

"Let me know how it is." I told her.

I caught her staring at our legs that were touching. Shyly, she looked at the food on the plate in front of her.

Her expression changed as she spoke. "Just make sure you have poison control on speed dial."

I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved her shoulder. "Just eat it, would you?" I laughed.

She laughed too. "Fine." I waited in anticipation as she cut a piece off and brought the fork up to her mouth.

"Wow Mendes. I'm surprised. This is good." She said through a mouthful of food. Once she swallowed, she went in for some more. Hell yeah.

"Might as well call me Chef Mendes from now on." I sat back and interlocked my hands behind my head, pretending to be cocky.

"I guess I'll have to." A silence settled upon us after that as we ate. It was a comfortable silence, and I enjoyed just being here with her.

One thing I've realized while Cassie has lived here is that I was lonely before her. This apartment is really big for just one person, and no one really ever comes to visit me. I guess maybe that's because I'm always busy, or usually I'm the one that visits other people's homes. Either way, I like having another person in this house with me, and I'm so happy that it's Cassie.

I looked at her as I thought. And in a bold move, I put my arm around her shoulders and closed the blanket around us. I pulled her in tight.

She squirmed in my arms, surprised at my sudden gesture.

"Shawn, what are you doing?" She asked frantic.

"Relax. Can't we just sit like this for a second?" I closed my eyes.

"Shawn I told you I don't want to-"

"Yes Cassie, I know. We're just friends. This doesn't mean anything. I just want to sit like this for a second. It's cold." I sighed.

I felt her freeze next to me briefly before slowly deciding to settle back into my arms. "I-I guess that would be okay....just for a second though." She felt a little stiff at first, but didn't move away from me, which I took as a cue to pull her in just a bit tighter. She didn't resist.

I know she feels the same way about me; I can feel it. She just has some really high walls up that I have to break down. She'll come to me soon. I know she will.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.1M 19K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
159K 7.3K 28
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
747K 16.7K 45
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
162K 4.8K 50
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...