An Affair To Remember (Book 2)

By DeltaTzuyu

Sequel to 'The Heiress And The Bodyguard' Just when you thought you have already moved on from the past and y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 19

6.4K 280 116
By DeltaTzuyu

***Sana's POV***

"Mommy, wake up!" I heard my daughter's excited and high-pitched voice said while she was jumping up and down on top of our bed.

Beauty, I love you so much. But right now, I just want you to shut up.

But instead of saying that, I extended my arm to grab her tiny little hand and slowly pulled her closer to me. She was giggling while I enveloped her in my arms.

"Why is my baby so hyper early in the morning?" I asked her.

"We are going swimming! And it is already late! It is already 7!" Beauty said.

"Since when did you learn what is early and what is late? You don't even know how to read the clock yet, young lady," I told her.

"Mommy said I should wake you up! Come on, get up! We are going to be late!" Beauty sat on the bed and tried to pull my arm.

"Of course, it's Tzuyu, who else," I told myself.

"Okay. You go down first and I will be right behind you," I told my daughter so she would stop bugging me.

"Don't go back to sleep!" She reminded me before rushing to the door.

"Yes, Mom," I answered even though she's no longer in the room.

I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I just ran my fingers through my hair to remove as many tangles as possible and when I feel I looked presentable enough, I went out of the room and proceeded to go to the dining area where I heard my daughter and Tzuyu talking.

I was about to make my presence known when I realized I forgot to change the pj's I was wearing.

And I also forgot to wear a brassiere. Just great!

I was about to turn around and return to the bedroom when Tzuyu noticed my presence.

"Good morning, Sana," Tzuyu said.

I sighed before facing them again and went to sit beside my daughter who was, by the way, eating her pancake with so much gusto.

"Morning too," I told her.

When I took a side glance at her, I noticed she was still looking at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"Nothing. It's just that, this is the first time I see you wearing comfortable clothes in a long while," Tzuyu answered.

I saw her eyes traveled down to my chest area, and I knew from the look on her eyes she noticed I was not wearing anything underneath my pajamas.

And why is it affecting me?

I saw Tzuyu gulped when she noticed whatever was hidden underneath it started to get more pronounced.

"Why is the AC turned on this early?" I tried to play it cool and went to the fridge to grab some orange juice.

"Well, your daughter here is not used to the climate here. She was complaining about how hot it was when she woke up, so I decided to turn the whole AC on." Tzuyu explained.

"Hmm," I mumbled while drinking the juice.

"Why? Is it affecting you?" Tzuyu asked me and I wanted nothing but to splash the remaining orange juice on her face just to remove her stupid grin.

I rolled my eyes before walking away.

"I'm going to pack my things. You get Beauty ready when she's done with her food," I said then went back to the room.

"Yes ma'am," Tzuyu simply answered.

"Yes ma'am!" I heard Beauty mimicked her before I closed the door.

*****

I just finished taking a quick shower and currently putting a light make-up on when Beauty came to the room with nothing but a loosely tied towel wrapped around her small body, her hair was still dripping wet.

"What did Tzuyu do to you??" I asked my daughter, dumbfounded at how Tzuyu followed my 'get her ready when she's done with her food' order.

Beauty was giggling when she answered me. "Mommy said I do not have any clothes in her room so I should ask you to dress me up instead," Beauty said.

"But still! She should have dried off your hair first!" I took my daughter's arm and guided her to the bed. I sat down facing her then I dried her hair using the towel that was wrapped on her body.

Once it was no longer dripping, I wrapped the towel on her shoulders before I went to the dresser to grab her clothes.

"Come here," I told her. Beauty went to me and I dressed her up. I saw Tzuyu entered the room from the corner of my eyes.

"She could have gotten sick, you know," I told her without looking at her.

"She looked funny," Tzuyu said. "And we are in a tropical country, she is not going to get sick by just leaving her hair wet for a couple of minutes," she added.

I just rolled my eyes at her. I brushed Beauty's hair while Tzuyu was just watching us.

"Are you done packing your things?" I asked her. It was uncomfortable with her only standing idly there because I can feel her eyes fixated on me.

And I hate the feeling inside my stomach. Or maybe it was because I only had orange juice for breakfast. Yeah, maybe that's it.

"Yes, I already put them inside the trunk." Tzuyu walked to where my small travel suitcase was and grabbed it. "Is this all you have? Where is Beauty's?" Tzuyu asked me.

"We are only staying at the resort for two days and one night, there is no need to bring so many things," I answered her.

"Fair enough. Are you done?" Tzuyu asked.

"Yeah. Let me just grab my phone." I walked at the bedside table to grab my phone and put it inside my purse. When I turned around, Tzuyu and Beauty were already walking to the door so I followed them.

Tzuyu was carrying Beauty on her right arm and she was holding the suitcase on her left, while I was only following them.

I can smell Tzuyu's bodywash and shampoo and eventhough I do not want to admit it, it is affecting me more that I want to admit. Her smell is making me remember the times when I would just snuggle on her neck and just smell her scent. I shook the thoughts away. I do not need to remember those things. They're all in the past.

And I do not want to be nostalgic for no reason at all. Get this over with Sana!

When we reached her car, Tzuyu opened the backseat door and I saw she already fixed Beauty's car seat. Once Beauty was seated, she put the suitcase inside the trunk then opened my door.

The drive to the resort was filled with only Beauty's voice and the soft music that was playing from Tzuyu's playlist. It was quite a long drive and I just busied myself looking outside the window and appreciating the view that is new to my eyes.

When we reached the resort, Tzuyu said we should wait at the hotel's lounge area while she checks our reservation. The service of this hotel is nice enough as they offer me and my daughter some juices while we were waiting for Tzuyu's return.

A bellhop approached us and put our luggage on his trolley while Tzuyu was following him. We followed the bellhop, with only Beauty talking nonstop, pointing things that are new to her eyes, and saying random things about just anything that caught her eyes.

When we reached our room, we just put our things inside and bring whatever was needed for swimming then we went to the restaurant inside the resort to have our lunch since it is already past noon. We could have taken our lunch in the hotel but Tzuyu suggested that we should eat at the resort to feel the vibe of vacation and relaxation thoroughly.

Once we arrived at the restaurant, Beauty picked the table placed outside because she said she wanted to look at the beach while eating. Tzuyu and I took the seat opposite from one another and Beauty's beside me.

"Mommy, I want my chair," Beauty said, pertaining to her highchair that Tzuyu specifically customized just for her.

"We did not bring it here, baby," I told her.

"But the table is high, I cannot reach it," her lips formed a pouty frown when she said those words.

"Mommy will feed you," I told her.

"What are you having?" Tzuyu asked me. She was busy looking at the menu.

"Surprise us. This is your country," I told her.

"Mommy owns a country?" Beauty asked. Tzuyu looked at us while she was giving out our orders to the server.

"Hahaha, no baby. What I meant was, she was born here," I explained to my daughter.

"What about me?" Beauty asked again.

"Of course, in South Korea, that is where we live, honey," I told her.

"Because you love each other?" I was startled when she uttered those words.

"What?" I asked her. I saw Tzuyu was listening to our conversation.

"You said babies were born because their parents love each other?" Beauty asked me again, she was looking at me like she was waiting for my answer.

"Well... Of course, they do.." I said.

Why does she have to say random things like that now?

"But I never heard you say that to Mommy?" Beauty asked me.

I looked at Tzuyu, who was looking at me intently, then I returned my gaze on my daughter's waiting face.

"I-" I was cut off when the servant returned with our food on his tray.

Beauty was excitedly looking forward to every food I was putting on her plate, seemingly forgotten the question she asked a while ago.

But it was a hanging question I should be prepared to answer when the time comes.

And as promised, I feed her and to my delight, Beauty accepted every food I put in her mouth even though they were all new to her.

"Do not let her drink too much coconut water, she is not used to it. Her stomach might get upset," Tzuyu said when she noticed Beauty almost finished her glass of coconut water.

"But I like it," Beauty said while pouting.

"You can have more, maybe tonight or tomorrow, once your stomach gets used to it. For now, just drink water," Tzuyu told her.

"Okay!" Beauty said then she opened her mouth. It's my cue to feed her once again.

Tzuyu finished her food first so she excused herself, telling me she needed to go to the comfort room for a bit.

"Mommy, can I drink more coconut water?" Beauty said when Tzuyu was gone. She was whispering even though Tzuyu was nowhere in sight like she just asked to do something forbidden.

"Your mom is right, your stomach might get upset. But who knows, maybe if you finish your food, I will let you take a sip again?" I told her.

"Promise?" She asked me.

"Of course, baby."

"Mommy will not get mad?" She asked me again.

"Of course not! She loves you way too much to be mad at you. And even if she did get angry, you do not have to worry about that, I will handle her," I told my daughter.

Speaking of Tzuyu, what's taking her too long?

Tzuyu has been gone for quite a while and she is yet to return. I looked around, hoping to see a familiar figure, and I did see her, but she was not alone. She was with a woman, maybe a bit older than her, and they were talking amiably.

Who is she?

She did not seem like a stranger because she was touching Tzuyu's arm, an action that made me raise an eyebrow.

No, she was not touching it. She was caressing it! And Tzuyu was not even trying to remove it??

No, wait. Why am I getting affected by it? She can flirt with whoever she wants, it's not like we're together. I mean, yes, we are here in Taiwan together, but not like together together.
Wait! Why am I explaining to myself? We are in no way responsible for one another. We are only here because of our daughter.

Because she's with Jihyo.

Jihyo! Does she know Tzuyu is here in Taiwan, with me?

These thoughts are starting to affect my mood, and I am not liking it one bit, but I cannot control my emotions, and I let it take over me.

I saw the woman hugged and kissed Tzuyu on her cheek before they parted ways. Tzuyu turned and started to make her way back to us. When she reached our table, I did not bother to acknowledge her presence.

"What took you so long, Mommy? Did you poop?" Beauty asked her.

"Hahaha, no honey. I just bumped into a friend," Tzuyu explained to her.

A friend, my ass...

"Yes, she is a friend," Tzuyu said. I looked at her, thinking did I just say it out loud?

Did I just say it out loud? Well, I don't care!

"I met her while I was doing a mission here in Taiwan," Tzuyu said even though I did not ask her.

"You were my bodyguard for years, Tzuyu. You never had a mission then because we were always together. And even after you were relieved from your post, you never accepted any mission and just solely focused on running your agency," I told her. I did not even try to hide the irritation in my voice.

"Remember when I left without saying I was going here and was gone for two weeks?" Tzuyu said.

"Oh yeah, how could I forget. You were always good at leaving without saying goodbye. I should have seen the signs then," I lashed out. When I realized what I just said, I was about to take it back but I knew it was already too late because of the pain that crossed Tzuyu's eyes. And her face.. It looked like she just got punched in the gut.

"We are done eating. Beauty, let's go." I grabbed Beauty's tiny hands and we made our way to one of the nipa huts that was stationed a few meters from the restaurant. I did not bother going to the beach proper because it would be dangerous for Beauty, hence, we settled on the poolside where it is much safer for families with kids.

"We are not waiting for Mommy?" Beauty asked me.

"She's going to follow us," I answered.

"Are you mad, Mommy?" She asked me once again.

I sighed before answering her. "No, mommy is not mad."

"Then why were you fighting?" She looked at me with her confused and questioning eyes.

"We were not fighting. We were just talking, baby." I told her with a calm voice.

"But Mommy looked like she was in pain before we left? Is it all right that we leave her there?" Beauty looked like she was about to cry when she said those words.

"She's fine, don't worry about her," I told her. "Why don't I change you into your swimwear while waiting for her? So that when she arrives, you can go swimming, yeah?" I told my daughter to uplift her mood.

"Okay!" Beauty said.

Stupid! Because of your jealousy now your daughter's mood has dampened!

What? Jealous? Me? No no no I'm not jealous!

Keep denying, Sana!

I'm not in denial!

I sighed before taking out Beauty's two-piece swimsuit. It's a bumblebee-toned yellow swimsuit which she personally picked when we looked for swimwear she can use during our vacation. She also insisted that we get a matching pair so I will also be wearing the exact replica of what she's wearing.

"Come here." I motioned for her to come closer so I can change her into her swimwear. I was removing her blouse and her shorts when I heard Tzuyu's voice.

"What are you doing?" Tzuyu asked me. Her voice was masked with shock.

"What? I'm changing her so she can go swimming already." What's with her?

"In an open area??" Tzuyu asked dumbfounded.

"And? What's wrong with that?" I asked her.

"People can see her!" Tzuyu said.

"Really? You were worried about that? She's just a kid, Tzuyu. No one will be looking at her," I reasoned out with her.

"Still! That's what restrooms are for!" Tzuyu said. She walked over to us and hurriedly took out one of our towels and wrapped it around Beauty's body.

I know that Tzuyu can be protective, I know that first hand. But to be this overly protective?  I did not expect it from her.

"You should go ahead and change into your swimwear too, I will stay here while fixing Beauty's clothes," Tzuyu said without looking at me.

Okay, miss possessive.

I rolled my eyes before grabbing the pouch I prepared where I put my essentials and my swimwear and made my way where the public restrooms are. While inside, I noticed that there were not many people in the resort, probably because it's the middle of the week. But it's a good thing because we would not want to be in a crowded place.

I quickly changed my outfit and wrapped myself in a thin white bikini sarong before stepping out. I walked back to our place only to find it empty. Our belongings were properly placed in the corner while the towels were placed on the beach chairs just in front of our hut. I put my pouch back in the bag and just carried my sunblock before walking to the beach chair.

The heat was so intense that I know I will suffer from sunburn if I am going to delay applying the sunblock. I looked around to see if I can ask Tzuyu to help me with the sunblock, even though we had our mini argument a while ago. I found her and our daughter by the poolside. She was putting some floaters on both of Beauty's arms before carrying her down the pool.

I gulped when I saw that she was only wearing a black bikini top paired with a black boardshorts for women. It was so low that I can see a glimpse of her v line, contrary to her toned stomach which is in full view. She was also wearing her Celine black frame sunglasses, probably to block the sun from her eyes.

I have no idea how long I was staring at them, and how far my mind had wandered, but when I heard Beauty's giggles, it removed me from the trance.

I felt myself starting to get hot and bothered, and the view in front of me is not helping my situation. Tzuyu's muscles would flex everytime she would play with Beauty, and the water dripping from her hair down to face then to her neck is like hypnotizing me.

God, is it the time of the month again? Am I seriously getting turned on, in the middle of the sun, with a lot of strangers around us?

I shook my head to remove these thoughts and decided to just read my email from my phone. It's been buzzing nonstop so I knew that there were emails that needed my attention. And I was right, there were some problems in the company, but I know my directors can handle them. But as my dad said, even the smallest and tiniest problem is the problem of the owner.

I saw in my peripheral view that someone was approaching Tzuyu and Beauty and when I raised my head, it was the same woman from the restaurant.

Seriously, who is she??

I can see that Tzuyu introduced Beauty and The Woman to each other and the woman talked animatedly with Beauty.

She looked stupid.

"Hi," I heard a deep voice said out of nowhere.

I turned around to see a tall blonde guy said, probably an American. He was smiling at me.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"I don't want to sound like a creepy dude, but I have been watching you for some time and I noticed you haven't applied any sunscreens yet. The sun here in Taiwan is very intense. You want me to help you with those?" He motioned at the sunscreen that was placed by the beach chair.

I looked at Tzuyu and even though she's wearing her sunglasses, I knew she was looking at me because the smile on her lips vanished and she stopped moving, only The Woman and Beauty were talking.

Watch me talk to a stranger.

I smiled sweetly before answering. "Sure!"

I raised on my feet to remove my sarong, leaving me with just my two-piece yellow bikini, before laying on my stomach.

Let's see how you're gonna react with me wearing your favorite color with a random guy about to touch my body.

I heard the guy cleared his throat before he opened the sunscreen bottle.

"I think I can take it from here," a familiar voice said.

I turned my head to see Tzuyu standing beside the guy, her hand was placed upward as if waiting for the guy to give her the lotion. Her sunglasses were now placed on top of her head.

"Ok, everything is cool," the guy said before leaving.

Tzuyu closed the bottle before lashing out. "Really, Sana? You're gonna let some random guy touch your body?" Tzuyu said.

I turned around so I was now on my back. I saw how Tzuyu's body stopped from moving around but her eyes traveled from my face down to my bikini top then to where my bikini bottom is. That's when I decided to speak.

"And? What is wrong with that?" I answered back. "I cannot talk to strangers while you were hanging out with 'your friend', and you even left Beauty to her?"

"Jeongyeon is a friend! And would you rather have your daughter see you being touched by a random guy?"

I stopped when I heard her say that. I acted immaturely, and I did not think how my daughter would feel if she ever saw that.

"I'm sorry. I should not have lashed out like that," Tzuyu said. She sat at the other beach chair, facing me.

I should be the one apologizing. This is supposed to be a vacation! We should be playing happily in the pool with our daughter!

"This is stressing me out," I murmured to myself.

"I'm sorry if this is stressing you," Tzuyu said.

"No, it was n-" I was cut off when Tzuyu spoke again.

"I just wanted to make things right, Sana. I wanted to make up for the lost times I should have had with our daughter, and I want to make this work. I want 'us' to work, Sana. I want to pay for all my dues. But you should also help me, because only you can accept whatever I'm doing and offering now." Tzuyu said. When I looked at her, her eyes were showing so many raw emotions, like she was opening herself for the very first time.

"I know I said I will do anything and everything, and that I will never give up. But I am also human, I also get hurt everytime you push me away, and everytime you mention anything about the past, it makes me feel like I'm taking a few steps backward. It's like I'm not doing anything worthy of your forgiveness."

"I will say this again, I will never give up on you, Sana. But I get hurt, and I don't think my heart can take more pain. You got to help me too." Tzuyu said before standing up and walking back to Beauty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 5.3K 21
Hey! Don't read this if you haven't read the first book yet! 'PLEASURE'. This will be the sequel of 'PLEASURE'so enjoy reading?
86K 4.4K 50
There is an old saying that "If you love someone set them free If they come back, they're yours; if they don't they never were." But how true is it...
5.4K 345 25
is love really sweeter the second time around?
2.5K 60 21
As Yoon Bomi loses her memories she forgets the one she loves will she be able to fall in love with Chen again? Or make new memories and forget the p...