A Time To Love | Spencer Reid

By BarbieGirlFan72

Right after graduating high school and college early on, y/n, along with her 174 iq, takes the job offer at t... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1-New Beginnings
Chapter 3-Bonds
Chapter 4-Alaska
Chapter 5-The Morning Chat
Chapter 6-The Kiss
Chapter 7-Date
Chapter 8-Epiphany
Chapter 9-Waiting Game
Chapter 10-Night Alone
Chapter 11-Drunken Mistakes
Chapter 12-Past Life
Chapter 13-Promise
Chapter 14-Truth
Chapter 15-Clarke
Chapter 16-Mike
Chapter 17-Aftermath
Chapter 18-Captured
Chapter 19-Y/n
Chapter 20-Recovery
Chapter 21-Close Call
Chapter 22-Makeup
Chapter 23-Funeral
Chapter 24-Future
Chapter 25-Vacation
Chapter 26-Unexpected News
Chapter 27-Tragedy
Chapter 28-Second Chances
Chapter 29-Surprise!
Chapter 30-Pregnancy
Chapter 31-Adjustments
Chapter 32-Family
Chapter 33-New Life
Chapter 34-Aydin/Zora
Chapter 35-Endings
Tapes

Chapter 2-Amends

2.6K 49 46
By BarbieGirlFan72

You wake up the next day in a bed you didn't recognize. The clock to your right read 6:30am. Work today was to start at 9am.

You heard shuffling from the other side of the door. You opened the door slowly and rubbed your eyes. They were still heavy. You didn't get enough sleep last night and you had to ride this hangover.

"Good morning y/n!" Spencer's voice was cheery. It was way too early for someone to be so happy. Then, your memory came back.

You were at Spencer's apartment because he drove you home after the bar. He told you about how it wasn't safe. Wow, Spencer Reid actually cared for my safety? Stop it y/n! He's just a coworker worried about another colleague.

He was making breakfast. Eggs, toast, and bacon.

"Spence, you didn't have to let me stay over, sleep in your bed, and make me breakfast." He smiled when you called him Spence.

"Y/n it's fine. Go take a shower, I'll be done when you get out."

You left and went into his bathroom, taking off your dress and throwing it in the corner. You turned on the shower and got in. The warm water washed away the alcohol that remained from last night.

You turned off the water and realized you had no spare clothes. You wrapped your towel around your body and made your way into the bedroom about to ask Reid for some clothes.

You entered the room and saw an oversized sweater and a pair of boxers on the bed. Those weren't there when you woke up. At least you think they weren't. Last night was still a blur.

You shook your head and changed into the new clothes.

You walked out to the kitchen to thank him when you noticed he was burning the eggs.

"Oh my god Spence the eggs!" You ran over and immediately helped. You threw out the charred eggs and started to make new ones. He apologized profusely and you just laughed.

"With someone who has an iq of 187 you'd think he would be able to cook some eggs." You looked over at him and smiled.

"Yeah I guess I'm not that much of a cook." He nervously scratched the back of his head. You laughed again and resumed to the eggs.

Together you talked and ate over your new eggs, toast, bacon and coffee.

Before work started he offered to drive you home so you could pack your go-bag and get some new clothes. You grab your balled up dress and stuff it in the backseat of the car.
You gave him the directions to your apartment.

When he pulled into the lot you noticed your car was there. You didn't remember driving home... Then you remembered you gave your keys to Spencer. He noticed your confusion and began talking.

"I had Hotch come and take your car home last night. You really don't remember do you?" He laughed. Your fingers gripped on your nose in between your eyes.

"No I really don't."

You opened the car door and thanked him again, for everything. He said it was no worries and waited until he saw you enter the building before driving off.

You packed your go-bag and changed out of Spencer's clothes into your work clothes. A blazer, tank top, black jeans, and a belt.

You made it to work 6 minutes early. There wasn't a case today so paperwork was due. This was the not so fun part of the job. Being at a desk all day, sitting, and writing. That wasn't your thing. You liked the action, the chase, the mystery the job entailed.

Spencer walked up and he motioned you to come over.

He slowly revealed what he kept hidden in his hand.

"You left it at my apartment." He whispered.

In your hand was the necklace Clarke gave you.

"Thank you so much Spencer, it means a lot." He smiled.

"A friend give it to you?" He asked as you clasped it around your neck. You smile at the thought of her.

"Yeah, someone special." He smiled before returning back to his desk.

The rest of the day was boring. Although, you kept noticing Spencer eyeing you from his desk. You didn't say anything about it, thinking it was nothing. But it looked like he wanted to ask you a question but he couldn't get it out.

You finished your work just before the clock read 8:00pm.

"Hey y/n." He said standing up. You turn toward him.

"Hey Spencer." You mimicked.

He straightened his posture and licked his lips.

"Do you wanna hang out? Maybe come over and get some takeout?" He said nervously.

Before you could speak he started to have doubts.

"You don't have to if you don't want to-"

"Spencer." You stopped his rambling. "Yes of course I would."

His eyes traced to yours and he readjusted the strap of his satchel.

"Uh yeah alright." He was nervous but it was cute.

"Just don't make eggs again." You teased.

He looked down and smiled.

Derek, on the other side of the room, had heard that. He discreetly looked over and raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

Don't worry Derek. It's just two coworkers going to hangout.

You left your car at the BAU and he drove you to his apartment. Maybe now that you were sober you could have a better impression and actually remember what happened the following day.

You would sometimes catch yourself staring at your coworker for an excessive amount of time. You would shake your head and return your gaze to the front of the car.

Were you falling for Spencer Reid?

His apartment looked the same from last time you were there. Last night.

You made yourself at home by going to the couch and turning the tv on while Spencer ordered Chinese. You studied every corner of the room, seeing things you didn't see the day before. You stopped looking around when you saw him looking at you. The phone was to his ear waiting to be let off hold. You nervously smile and turn your attention to the tv.

After he placed the order he sat opposite you on the couch. Your stomach fluttered and oh my god you were falling for him! Stop!

You told yourself that there was no way you had a chance with the Spencer Reid. No way...

He broke the silence.

"Soo this 'someone special' the one who gave you the necklace. They a boyfriend, girlfriend?" Your eyebrows peaked in interest.

Was he asking if you were single? Then it hit you. It did seem like a significant other when you said 'special'.

"Oh no." You nervously laugh. Biting the inside of your cheek to stop from blushing. "She's a really good friend. A great one." You smile at the thought of her and lightly trace the outline of the sun.

Just then the doorbell rang. It saved you from that misapprehension. He got up and through the door you could see it was a delivery man. "$17.50." You heard him say. You felt guilty letting him pay. But before you could do or say anything the food was already in the apartment and the delivery man was gone.

He brought the food over and you both ate on the couch. The conversation was great.

Laughing and small talk. You got to know a little more about your coworker, as did he. But yet again, you never brought up your past. It felt like you could tell him anything, that it was safe to, but you weren't that comfortable yet.

You helped clean it up and he offered you a ride back home. It was midnight by this time.

Your eyes were heavy and tired so he drove you back. The car ride to your apartment was 10 minutes. It seemed it lasted forever.

You felt his hand lightly shake your shoulder. He whispered a "wake up" and you realized you had fallen asleep with your head on the window. You rub your eyes and mutter a "sorry". He smiled and watched as you went into your apartment again, making sure you were safe before driving off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 234 20
"𝑰'π’Ž π’”π’π’“π’“π’š, 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 π’˜π’π’“π’Œ 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆" Y/N thought she was over her past but when she had to face it again she realized it st...
310K 8.3K 43
"π’œπ“ƒπ’Ή 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 π“‰π’½π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š π“…π“Šπ“‰ π“‚π“Ž 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 π“‰π’½π“‡π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½ 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓁 ℐ 𝒸𝒢𝓃'𝓉 π“ˆπ‘’π‘’π“‚ π“‰π‘œ π’»π‘œπ“‡π‘”π‘’π“‰ 'π’·π‘œπ“Šπ“‰ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š...
90.8K 1.8K 52
With a rough past and trust issues, Lina Yang joins the BAU in hopes of making the world a better place by putting criminals in prison. But when she...
104K 3.1K 31
After her sudden departure from the BAU, Y/N and Spencer have spent the last four years apart, yet somehow, they keep finding their way back to each...