Beauty From Ashes

By IsaacFogle

Cheyenne Mitchell grew up as an average Christian girl, in a strict Seventh Day Adventist family. But she ALS... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 Part 1
Chapter 18 Part 2
Chapter 19 Part 1
Chapter 19 Part 2
Chapter 20 Part 1
Chapter 20 Part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 Part 1
Chapter 22 Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 Part 1
Chapter 24 Part 2
Chapter 24 Part 3
Chapter 24: Part 4
Chapter 25: Saved Part 1
Chapter 25: Saved Part 2
Chapter 25: Saved Part 3
Chapter 26: Surprises Part 1
Chapter 26: Surprises Part 2
Chapter 27: Conflict Part 1, Spiritual
Chapter 27: Conflict Part 2, Mental
Chapter 27: Conflict Part 3, Physical
Chapter 28: Wedges
Chapter 29: Unity Part 1
Chapter 29: Unity Part 2
Chapter 29: Unity Part 3
Chapter 30: Mercy Part 1
Chapter 30: Mercy, Part 2
Chapter 30, Mercy Part 3
Chapter 31 Part 1: Farewell
Chapter 31 Part 2, The Next Step
Chapter 32: A New Beginning

Chapter 16

38 4 29
By IsaacFogle

Well, now things are about to get interesting.
But fair warning, some of the content might be sensitive to some readers.

Two months later
Albert's POV:
It is Thursday, March 11th, and we are approaching Spring break. It wont be long now before we reach the end of this first year. So far, things have been going quite well for me here. My classes are going well, my work with the campus worship team has been MORE than well received, my roommates are a lot of fun to live in, my professor are great (although one of them, Mario, is rather passionate about teaching various warnings and satanic topics. Come to think of it, I remember hearing his voice before, on a YouTube channel called, Vigilant Christian, I think), Cheyenne and I are only growing more in our friendship now that's she's closer, and I'm back with Liana, the latter of whom I had my most successful relationship with.

Add onto that, I've been participating in as many fellowship clubs and Bible studies on the campus as I can. Since, I've read the entire Bible at least 3 times all the way, but there are some stuff that I don't completely understand. If I'm gonna pastor anybody, I need to be theologically and spiritually informed in more of the Gospels and the Torah. At the moment, in regards to leadership, the main thing I've been learning and studying is the topic of authority and responsibility. Which.....is very interesting. There's a good number of things that I know Curtis hasn't implemented into his own ministry, but given how his youth group originally started, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he doesn't have them.

After a long day in my classes, I'm laying down in my dorm bed. Exhausted, finished with some studies, and now I'm reading a book with my face hidden behind it......hiding the brand new bandage that's over my nose.

Unfortunately, that is the BIGGEST downside of being here: the fact that Sean attends the same campus as Cheyenne and Liana, which ALREADY makes me worried enough!
For the most part, he hasn't bothered me too much, which is probably supported by the fact that he hardly ever visits THIS campus, but today he DID decide to give me a 'friendly reminder' that he still thinks about me.

Although, something else about Sean is now starting to bother me. Because before I made it to my dorm, when I had run into Sean on the way, he had said something.......interesting. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, and whether or not it was genuine, I honestly have NO idea.

Earlier that afternoon
I'm stepping out of Professor Mario Brisson's classroom and walking back to my dorm. I made sure to write down a good number of notes for tomorrow, and I've gotta hurry back and read them. Then I hear a voice from behind me.

"Hey look at that. I almost didn't recognize you without your paper-covered nose," Sean spoke out.

I cringe and stop in my tracks, wincing. Then I slowly turn around to see him in his jersey with that mischievous grin on his face. "Uhh, hey Sean, what's up? Is your gymnasium not letting you work out for the week, or are your teams having a break from your ego?"

"Very cute, Albert."

"Well, this isn't your campus. So why are you here?" I asked.

"Hey, there's no college rule that says I CAN'T be here. And right now I'm-"

I immediately interrupt him. "Look. Seriously Sean, I don't have the time for your crap right now. I've got an exam to study for tomorrow and I've got some company coming over later, so just do me a favor and take your business somewhere else." I grab onto my backpack and begin to walk away.

Sean groans out. "Dude, get back here." I slowly, reluctantly turn back around. "Yeah man I get it. You and I don't have the best track record together. But listen, man, I have something I wanna tell you about."

"And what is THAT?"

Sean approaches me slowly, which makes me grow tense for a moment. Until he speaks out.
"Something happened to me over a week ago, and I heard something that has turned my head around on a lot of things. And now.......I'm a Christian just like you."

My head leans back as my eyes widen with shock. "Wait.....really?"

"Uh-huh. I- I had a pastor speak a prayer over me, and I've started reading scriptures for the past few days. It's been...a chore for sure, but, yes. I'm a believer just like you."

I glance down in awe for a moment, then lift my head back up with a smile and a soft chuckle. "Wow. Well, that's great man!"

"Yeah? It sure feels great."

I chuckle again and then shake his hand. "I'm happy for you man."

"Yeah?" Sean closes his eyes then looks down to the ground. "And, you remember what your Bible says. I just read this today."

"What's that?" I ask.

Sean sucker punches me in the nose and punches me down. "Turn the other cheek, Aldirt! And do NOT take vengeance against another man. Hahaha, you know you really outta pray for that nose to become more sturdy than what it is, rather than the paper material." He then kicks me by the side onto my back. "So maybe you should learn to duck every once in a while."

He then walks away with a chuckle, leaving me on the floor, annoyed and angry with a bloody nose. I'm trying to remind myself of calming verses in my head like I've done in the past, but it's hard for this moment. A young man and woman then rush up to me.

I had to go to the nurse's office to get the bandage. I texted Curtis and Cheyenne about what happened, and Curtis offered some prayer over my nose over the phone, while Cheyenne......well I can tell that she's angry because she didn't even respond after reading my text. Hopefully, she won't do anything to make things worse.

But the saddest part is, some of Sean's words actually DID sound genuine. He really seemed like, for a moment, he actually was trying to grow and turn a new leaf, but then at the last second, he just reverted back into the same, rude douchebag I've always known him as! Is it possible that he has faith now? Maybe. But then why would he do a 180 by breaking my nose again?

Either way, spring break starts tomorrow and people are gonna start preparing for spring break vacations, so I most likely won't have to lead worship over this weekend and come on stage with a broken nose and a bandage. If I'm lucky, the next time I lead after 2 weeks, it'll be completely healed.

Aa of now, one of my classes has an exam for tomorrow, and then our grades will be revealed after the break. So I'm making an effort to study my notes a LOT tonight. As I'm about to finish reading the next page of my notes-

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
There's a knock on the door, and I lift my head up and cover my face with a book. "Ehh, the door's open! You can come in!"

The door opens and Liana steps inside. "Hey, Al."

"Liana? Uh, hey, what's up?" I wasn't expecting her to stop by today.

"Oh nothing much, just stopping by. I was actually on my way to the mall. Then I got a text from your little friend saying I needed to check up on you. She said something sudden happened to you?"

I sigh and groan in subtle annoyance. "Basically." I slowly lower the book and reveal my bandage to her.

Liana's eyes widen when she sees my nose and cautiously steps toward me. "Oh geez. I haven't seen THAT face in a while."

"THIS? Yeah. It was just a little gift I got from Sean today."

Liana looks to the side. "Oh yeah. Him..."
Liana then grins and chuckles. "So what? He's just a bully and a jerk. Don't you have biblical advice and tips on how to deal with those guys?"

"Yeah, but that's the thing! Before he punched me, he......he said that he's become a Christian now. But you know, somehow I just don't believe it. Why would he still treat others this way if he really does believe in God now? This isn't even close to what the Bible teaches. And- And why wouldn't he be studying here? Not that I actually WANT that, but still."

"Albert, Albert. Don't worry about him. I'm sure his heart is still being worked on by Jesus. In the right time, he'll come around."

"I'm sure. But..... I'm even more worried about Cheyenne now. I know that she is NOT happy about what happened, so I'm worried that she might try and do something. And, even if he IS a Christian, I still know what he can be like, and I've heard some........strange rumors about what he's into. I...... I just don't want to even think about what he might do to her...." I softly confessed with deep concern.

Liana then sighs, and sits down on my bed before she cups my cheeks. "Hey? Stop worrying. Cheyenne's pretty tough if she can survive the crash that she did. I'm sure she'll be able to handle herself."

"Yeah? Well......after what she did last fall, I sure hope so...."

Liana sighs. "Yeah. I didn't think Lacey would ever go THAT far."

"Me neither."
I've still been worried about her getting into violent situations ever since Lacey attacked her. Frankly, Cheyenne has been going to her campus gym every day ever since she arrived in Fresno, so she'll probably do a better job in the future, but I'm still weary.

She turns my head to face her. "Albert. We'll be okay. All of us...... And the three of us will be at the beaches next week. Just, try to forget them for right now."

"That should be easy. I need to study."
She grabs my books and moves them to the stand. "Hey I- I said-"

"Forget it. Stop worrying...." Then she leans closer and starts kissing me, and not too long after she quickly sits on top of me on the bunk.

It also doesn't take very long before the intensity of her kisses increases, and in my head, I'm slightly nervous and alarmed. We haven't had intimate moments in private like this since our previous breakup, and we had never done it in my bedroom, much less my dorm room, because I've always known that things could easily escalate that way, so I'm not sure what she's up to at this moment.

Then her hands start pushing up my sleeves. She looks over, and seems slightly surprised by my lion and lamb tattoo. It takes me longer than it should to realize that she never saw it since I never posted it on my social media. "Dang. How long have you had THAT?"

"Uhh I- I got it around, last weekend of May last year," I said with a chuckle. "You were on vacation when I got it, and I don't own many sleeveless shirts."

She smirks. "Hmm. I like it. Looks good on you." And she leans back down to resume, attempting to kiss me deeper. And then very soon, her hands pull away from my head, and they travel down to sneak inside my shirt in an attempt to pull it off of me while another hand takes a grip on my belt, and I hear a click.

Then, memories start to flash back into my mind from......several years ago
"Yeah and the next equation was- Whoa! WHOA!! WHAT ARE Y-"

"Shh....shh...... I'm only helping you relax. Just don't move."

"Uh......ehh......I- I can't really focus? Why is there a dra-?! Ahh! Uhhhhh.....hey?! Hey! Wh- What are you doing?!!"

OH GOD!!!
As soon as I realize what she's doing, I instantly know that I have to put an end to this, so I pull away with minimal delay or hesitation. "Whoa, whoa!! Stop!!" I start crawling back to create a distance between us.

She smiles, giggles, and tries to crawl towards me. "Hey, where are you-?"

She tries to crawl toward me again but I pull back again. "N- Nickel!! Nickel....!" This has been a safe word I've used in relationships, in case something is about to go too far.

She looks over at me confused while briefly smiling, but then notices how hard I'm breathing and glances down with a look of embarrassment. "O- Oh my god. Sorry."

I quickly tucked my sleeves and my shirt back down, realizing she pulled it halfway up. I squint over at her. "What was THAT about? You- You promised me that your mind was-"

"I just said I was sorry!! Okay?!!" she repeated. My eyebrows spike up, she obviously said that a lot louder than what she probably intended. She glances down, slightly embarrassed by the tone she just used.

I sit up straight and join my hands. "You didn't really move past it, did you?"

She looks away. "I told him before-"

"Liana, it hasn't been THAT long!!"

She sighs and shrugs. "I.....I thought that I had. But, I guess I still have bits of it leftover."

I stare at her and then glance down at the floor in deep thought. Darn it.....
I was hoping that- ugh, this wasn't supposed to be a problem again so soon. Looks like it's time to implement a plan B. I look back up to her eyes and sigh.
"Well if that's true, then maybe we should discuss a couple of-"

But then I am interrupted when her phone starts to ring. "One second. Hello?" I reach over and grab my books to continue working, placing them on my lap, while she answers the call. "I understand, of course. Yes, I can, 100% that's perfect timing. Okay bye." She hangs up. "Sorry sweetie, but I better run. I've gotta go finish some assignments and then I gotta take care of something before tomorrow night."

"Hmm? What's going on tomorrow?"

"Oh, nothing important. I'm just meeting up with some family during the weekend and staying with them for the night." I hear this detail and I glance over to the side with an idea. "So are you still up for our dinner plan the day before we leave for Venice on Thursday?"

My eyes roll and I sigh, hoping she wasn't serious about that. "Yeah. Everything looks good on my schedule so far. As long as you're honest about these reservations because this place ISN'T cheap!" I teased.

"I have them. I promise they're real." She walks toward the door about to leave. "I'll see you later."

"Hold on a minute!" She stops and turns back to me. "I- I was about to say, maybe we should start thinking about some rules and boundaries, just to help us prevent this from happening again. I think- I think it's important to do so."

She rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Tell you what. We can talk about them in Venice. See you later." She leaves the room in a hurry, walking out quickly.

Sigh. Darn it.
Well, I sure hope that this is just a one-time accident. I lower my head and begin to study again, grabbing my book.

But..........
But......the fact that this has happened while I was studying......is just WAY TOO FAMILIAR. I......I haven't remembered the more specific details for many years. I lift up my trembling fingers and re-adjust my jeans......and I'm still remembering.

"Wh.....Why did you do that?"

"Here. Let's keep reviewing."

"But- But what does-?!"

"Albert......focus."

"No STOP!!!! SNAP OUT OF IT, PLEASE!!!!"
I screamed to myself. I then throw my books away, and cover my mouth with my hands and cry muffledly. "After all of this time, why is this........STILL affecting me?! Why can't I just be happy and forget? Lord, PLEASE give me strength.....!"

Then Tyler and JT come into the room! "Oh man, spring break is SO close I can almost taste it!" Tyler boasted out.

JT comes in and sees me covering my mouth. "Huh, well we better try not to SMELL it too hard or we'll end up like our friend here!"

But now I'm thinking......if I had allowed that to go any further, they would've walked in and seen it. Then they would've been the ones calling me- no. NO PLEASE!! I DON'T WANNA REMEMBER!!!
I sniffle louder.

JT's eyes widen when he hears my sniffling and sees the tears in my eyes. "Hey. Are....you okay man?" I look at him in confusion. "Are you having allergies or-"

"Huh?" I spoke out. "Sorry I- I didn't hear what you said earlier."

"Albert? Did- Did something happen just now?" Tyler asked. "You don't look so well."

"And....that nasal wrapping paper doesn't sound like it has anything to do with-"

"Uh.......it- It's uh, nothing. I- I'm Just annoyed by what Sean did."
I WISH that Nothing had happened just now.

The next day
Cheyenne's POV:
Well, it's the middle of March, and so far I've been taking classes at this college for 2 months. Spring break is literally right around the corner.

In all honesty, attending college out here in Fresno?
............
It's actually not too bad!
About half of the professors have been informed about the fact that I'm Cece Phoenix, and they've worked several things out for me when it comes to certain assignments and projects. I've already learned some decent techniques in regards to styling, and I'm sure I will see many more in the future.

My roommates, Gennifer and Sara, and I, the process has been gradual but we actually have gotten better at living together and bonding. One of the best things we have going on together is that we work out at the gym every day, which has been great. I've never been too concerned about my weight as I've always been pretty healthy, and my body's been average size, but I've certainly been wanting to get stronger in case another Lacey scenario happens. Although trying to find exercise clothing that still covers my tattoos has been a challenge.

It's the end of the day, and I'm walking out of Olivia's class, the last class I'll have for the next 2 weeks for spring break. Thank goodness I didn't have a random exam like Albert apparently has.
Speaking of which.....I haven't run into you-know-who ever since yesterday. Why do I have a feeling that I just jinxed it? I thought to myself.

As I'm walking out of the lounge and into the hallway, Sean steps out of a corner and starts to follow me Into the hall when I'm not looking.

"Well, good afternoon, Cheyenne....." Sean spoke out. I turn around to see him behind me, and immediately I groan with disgust and turn back around to keep walking. "I've been looking for you."

"Why don't you keep looking and you'll find someone who cares!" I said.

"Oh you know I'm growing on you....."

"Yeah like a rash that I can't remove." Still not facing him.

"Does anyone ever tell you that you're irresistible, in every single way?"

"Has anybody ever told you that you're annoying and creepy? Maybe you should seek professional help so you can learn to take a hint."

He snickers. "Alright. C'mon, what's with the extra hostility?"

I turn around. "You broke Albert's nose again, you fucking idiot! You think I'm up tor having a conversation with you after that shit?"

He snickers. "Oh is THAT what he called it? Are you sure he didn't lie and maybe he just accidentally fell face first onto my fist because his nose is THAT fragile?!! Hahaha!!"

I step up to him and scold him. "No. Because that is the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard in my life. And I find it hard to believe someone's side of the story of they are laughing at someone else's pain." I shake my head. "But trust me, you don't even know what real pain is........"
He really doesn't. As tough as he might act, if he went to Hell right now, he wouldn't last 5 seconds.
"So take the hint, and get lost." I turn around and attempt to walk away.

I hear Sean speak out after letting out a sigh. "Okay, look...." I don't turn around but I do stop in my tracks. "I really didn't mean to punch him. Now I get it. I'm an asshole. It's just that......I've acted a certain way for so long that, I guess I don't know how to get out of it. But I'm working to change who I am now."

"How so?" I asked with sarcasm.

"Because I've found God recently."

I squint in confusion, and then I finally turn around to face him. I scoff. "YOU? Seriously?"

"Yeah. And after what I did, I'm sure he won't be willing to let me prove it right now. I swear, it was just a force of habit. But, maybe I can show you, and you can tell him. Maybe you can show him some proof."

"What are you talking about?"

"In honor of my new discovery, I'm having a little get-together tonight, at this nearby complex that my boys and I use as a hideout spot."

I squint and scoff. "You mean, like a college party."

"Theoretically. It's both a celebration of my new beliefs and a celebration to spring break before most of us leave for vacation next week."

"Okay so, why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Just, come and stop by. I'm gonna do a speech near the beginning of my beliefs and then we're all just gonna hang out. Come and see, and you can tell your friend about it and hopefully, things can start to change from there," Sean said. "What do you say?"

Hmm. I haven't been to a college party ever since Tobias and Lexi graduated in my first year as Phoenix. Still, I'm not sure...
"How many other people have been invited?"
Gotta be careful, because I CERTAINLY haven't met everyone on this campus, so it's possible that a new face could recognize me.

"Oh, it's not that many. Maybe like 10, 20 people at best."

Hmm. And half of them will probably be the rest of the perverted puppets that he calls teammates. "There better not be any funny business...."

"There won't be.."

I sigh in slight annoyance. "Alright, fine. I'll swing by. But if I'm not totally impressed within the first hour, then I walk, and I'll head back to my dorm."

Sean nods his head. "Deal. I'll see you tonight....." He whispered with a sly grin before walking away.
Huh? Why did he smile like that? That kind of smile from him is one that I see a lot. Well, going to a party of some sort should be interesting. But for some reason, I'm a little scared now.....

That night, before I take off, I chat with my roommate Sara. "Hmm. I see you've got some extra clothes this time. Going somewhere?"

"Yeah....hopefully not for too long," I said. "Creepy Sean invited me to some sort of.....born again party."

"Wait, you actually agreed to party with that dickbag? I thought he was harassing your worship pastor boyfriend."

"I'm not Albert's girlfriend. I'm just a friend who's looking out for him. And I'm not looking for new boyfriends any time soon. Trust me."

Sara scoffs. "Whatever. But why are you going?"

"It.....it's complicated, but I'm only going to check something out, see if something's earnest."

Sara sighs. "It's YOUR funeral. Whatever he told you, he's still a fuckboy." She walks out.

I'm driving out of my dorm parking lot to the address I was given. I'm slightly nervous but I am relieved. If this guy is genuine about his new faith, then he's probably gonna stop with his creeper material soon enough. And if this is a Christian party, surely this won't be too rambunctious or risky.
However, my thoughts are quickly deflected once I come up to the corner of the address, see over two dozen cars parked nearby, and I hear the loud pumping bass music and the crazy lights flashing all over the inside.
Why am I not surprised?

I'm nearly keen on just turning around and leaving but, a deal is a deal I suppose. And I should see his story through. So I park the car and reluctantly enter.
I step through the door, and coming into this complex, it's even louder, and even more chaotic than I was expecting.

This is OBVIOUSLY a lot more people than 20 as Sean had implied. It's probably 80 or 90 people here, dancing around, about half of them are dancing inappropriately, and I step into the main living room where I see multiple coolers and kegs of beer in the corner.

Without warning, the two main teammates of Sean: Reece, and Oscar grab me from behind. "Okay, here we got a new guest! Go ahead and join the fun with us!" They say while opening a can of beer.

I lean my head back. "Uh, I don't know guys, I really shouldn't have any-"

"Oh, we insist!! Whoo!!" Oscar holds onto my face and forces me to chug the beer down. They let me go and I nearly fall back against the wall until I snatch onto the counter coughing loudly after drinking way too much too quickly and suddenly. They walk away and holler out.
Well, this can only uphill from here.

I keep looking around, see everyone's clothes and movements, various activities with drinking, smoking, cocaine, and....I'm already dreading my deal with him. Sean better hurries up and addresses these new beliefs of his, so we can hopefully set up a different atmosphere.

Then a door opens and I hear Sean's voice. "Now now don't worry, just let me start everything and I'll be back in a bit. Don't move." He closes the door before chucking at his last comment. He sees me standing in the middle of the kitchen and grins yanking his fist down in success.
"Yeah-hah! You made it!"

I stare at him awkwardly. "Uh.....yeah."

He turns me around standing beside me wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we look around. "So what do you think? Do we know how to throw a party or what?!"

I stammer as I pry his arm off of me. "It- It's alright. But aren't you guys supposed to be ignoring this stuff? Aren't Christians like you supposed to be against drinking and all of this other crap?"

He snickers. "Just sit back and watch." He walks into the crowd and steps on top of a table whistling for everyone's attention. "Okay everyone listens up! If I can have your attention please!"

"Everybody SHUT UP!!!" Reese added.

"Get the music off!!" Oscar pauses the music.

Everyone looks up, and listens. "I appreciate you all coming, but now, I have something I would like to say!"
I fold my arms and stand in a corner. Okay, let's see what you've got.
Sean looks around. "Now you all know who I am. Why wouldn't you? Everyone should know someone as great and legendary as myself! And I'm never gonna change!

"But, as of lately, my religious beliefs have now changed. Because last week, my uncle was in town, and he invited me to attend this random church with him. You all know the gist. Old dudes giving a lesson, and boring, bland music. At least the lame screw-heads over at CCC can play decent music, even though we all know that half of them will NEVER marry anyone with good looks and great bodies!" Half of the room laughs at that comment and I just look around in shock and disgust as they do. Seriously?!!

"But then, something interested happened towards the end. You see, the pastor of this church started talking about some of the political drama going on in DC right now, some of the restrictions and laws that certain people are trying to pass. Laws that go against Christian beliefs. And he ended it by saying this: Always remember, the laws and rules that our nations may try to pass, we Christians don't HAVE to accept and obey them. Because if it goes against God, then it's not for us. The word of God says if you love and obey him, you will enter Paradise!" Sean looks around. "Do you see? The pastor said that rules and laws Don't matter."

He jumps down and storms over to one of the coolers, snatching out a bottle. "So many goody good Christians try to mark all of this stuff off as sinful. But what do they know? If we believe in forgiveness and love, Gods not gonna care what we do! And Jesus abolished SEVERAL laws when He was alive on Earth, right?" People nod their heads. "So I say we take it to the next level. If God is forgiving and full of love, then we can do whatever the fuck we want! Because if God is THAT loving, then there is no way he could ever punish us or send us to Hell, especially if we to against those political bullshit laws! If God is for us, who could stand against us, and tell us what we can and can't do?! NO ONE, THAT'S WHO!!! SO LET'S PARTY!!!!"

Everyone cheers and they all take a shot in unison. Although for the life of me I can't imagine that anyone sober is actually cheering to this.
Even I can tell that what he just said wasn't what the pastor was trying to say at all. I can barely think to myself as they turn the music back on even louder and the party continues.

Whatever. Everyone's doing the same crap and I just keep myself in the corner of the room, deciding to have a few more drinks.
I decide to have two drinks. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll wake up tomorrow and forget all about this. Or maybe if I stay a few moments something else will happen that convinces me that this isn't for real.

After a few minutes, Sean stares at me across the room and I just turn my head to ignore him. Then he smiles and turns to Reece. "Hey man, let's put that song on and blast it out!"

"Which one?"

Sean then speaks sotto voce. "You know the one...."

Reece then winks at Sean and chuckles. "Oh yeah...." He rushes over to a stereo and inserts a new CD.

This new song starts silent for at least 10 seconds, with the wind blowing for ambiance. There's no real music, until someone screams out.
🎵 I CAN FEEL THEIR GRIP!! 🎵
And then heavy drums and distorted guitars play a bunch of nonsense.
However......

My eyes immediately widened as soon as I hear these lyrics being screamed out. This- THIS is that new song that Forty Lashes, the one that they had me and the PC's perform alongside them to. But.....why? Why are they playing this song?

"You all know what to do! Oh yeah!!"
People begin to dance together, touching each other in inappropriate places, making out, and even attempting to strip one another before they leave the room, probably to go have sex somewhere else. I just stare around awkwardly, nervously as the song plays out.
🎵 It's too dark to see where they are
The hands of enticement, waiting to take me
How can I deny, these fierce desires
I think I'd rather go ahead and be free! 🎵

🎵What are you waiting for
Don't just sit around
They won't take any form of no
BEFORE YOU FEEL THEIR GRIP!!
Inside of your jeans, ripping your clothes
Ready to turn you as white as a ghost!
THEY'RE GRIPPING TIGHT
Moving everywhere, wanting every inch
Knowing there's nothing they won't pinch
SO JUST LET THEM TAKE THEIR GRIP!!! 🎵

Geez! I don't even think I paid that much attention to the lyrics before. I know that Forty Lashes has been slightly infamous for a lack of subtlety in their lyrics, even when Luke Snipe was still their star, but Jesus Christ! It's basically saying go ahead and let a horny person do whatever they want with no question.

As I'm sitting there, listening to the song again and watching everyone awkwardly, Sean comes up to me, slips behind me, and tries to grab my ass from behind. But I instantly turn around and slap his hands away.
"Hey, HEY! What are you doing?"

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm hoping to get a little piece in honor of this song."

He tried again and again I smack his hand away. "Piss off! Sean, I didn't come here to fuck. I came here to check your side, and I'm already not impressed with what I'm seeing, and if this is all legit, you're not going to convince Albert or anyone else that you're a man of faith now," I said before starting my fourth drink.

"What does faith have to do with my grip on your-"

"I said no. And I'm not gonna do it out here in front of all of these other creeps. I'm not your hoe or prositute."

He perks up an eyebrow and gives that stupid smug smile again with a chcukle "Uhhh, why not?"

I gasp and slap him.
"What do you mean WHY NOT?! I'm not anyone's little public sex toy!"

"Haha, I know you're not. But here's the reason...." He takes another swift step behind me, then grabs onto my shoulders before he whispers into my ear. "Because nearly everyone at this party has already seen you do it....." My eyes squint hard with confusion. "You know, I'm willing to bet we would have even more people show up if I had announced ahead of time that you were gonna be here. C'mon....you're telling me that you wouldn't do it for some fans, Phoenix....?"

My eyes instantly widen. One of his hands attempts to SLOWLY reach down for my ass again, while his other hand reaches for the fur scarf on my neck. "I thought it was idiotic how you always wear these scarfs on your neck in every weather. But after I finally got a good look at you, I knew what you were wearing these for." He holds onto my scarf and attempts to pull it down. "Wait until we SHOUT-!"

I immediately snatch onto his wrist, digging my fingernails into his skin, and turn around to him angrily. "I will fucking kill you if you even say another word or make another move." He takes a step back, glancing into my eyes with confusion and shock as I stare at him coldly and aggressively. "If you say that name again, or even tell anyone that I'm here, and you'll find out just how truthful your new 'beliefs' are...."

He shakes my hand off of him and steps back, staring me dead in the eye. I'm literally waiting for him to make a stupid joke about me being physical or touchy. But he just stares......and keeps staring. Until he finally steps away.

I wait until he's out of my sight before I sneak over to the drinks again, I snatch two more cans and hide myself into another corner of the room. And that's when I start to subtly release my fear. "I knew it....He DID know who I was....."
This isn't good. Just how many of these other people actually know about me?

The song is about to end and two guys approach me and attempt to pull me out of the corner. "Well hello there. Would you care to join us?"

"Leave me alone, I'm busy drinking."

"So are we. And we're not afraid of a sexy girl's strength like the superstar over there. Come on, don't pass up a good-"

I slap their glasses out of their hands. "Go away you sickos!!"

They take a step back and glance at each other like I'm crazy. The shorter black guy scoffs. "Fine. Her breath smells anyway." They walk away.

"No need to be a bitch..." the other guy whispered.

EXCUSE ME?!! I screamed in my head.
Oh, who cares. I throw away can number 5, and as soon as I finish this last one I'm gonna go ahead and-

"C'mon let's do this. Right where everyone here and in Heaven can watch."
Suddenly I turn and see Sean's black teammate Oscar, blindfolding a girl and bending her over, pushing her down to the floor. She seems kinda nervous.

"Uh hey, I- I really don't think I'm comfort-"

Oscar simply grabs onto her ass from the sides. "Just settle down Susan, and hold still for the ride."

As I'm watching this, I'm immediately reminded of how the-the two demons poked out my eyes to blind me and viciously raped me. Actually, his voice even sounds familiar to the demon, minus a few small details.

She gets pushed down all the way. "No babe, I'm serious! Stop, we- we're not even alone right now!"

"No, but a captive audience should be a lot of fun! And it's less pressuring when you can't see them! Hahaha!!"
He turns to me while he says that, and all I'm able to see and hear is the exact face and voice of the demon who raped me. And I look over to the blindfolded girl, and all I can picture is my face with no eyes, half-eaten and overpowered. Oscar presses her head down.

I speak out. "Hey, she asked you to stop. Stop it!" Oscar/The Demon, doesn't even bat an eye, he just proceeds in an attempt to pull down her pants. I look above me and I see a vase on a table. I leap up to my feet, and simply walk forward after picking up the vase, coming up to Oscar. "I said STOP IT!!!"

I smash it into the back of his head and drag him down to the floor before I crawl on top of him. When he looks again, all I'm able to see is that demon and it hisses viciously at me. I just begin to wail out, screaming my head off with anger and fear as I start punching it over and over again in the face.

People start stepping back, circling around. At first, they are amused, but as soon as they hear yells of pain, everyone grows fearful. Sean sees this and even HE is slightly alarmed. "What the hell....?"

I am NOT stopping! Just seeing the face of this demon, and remembering how powerless I became inside of Hell, remembering how they did anything they wanted to me, I'm not holding back anything! I'm stronger now, and I'm gonna show it!! The demon starts grunting in pain! "You won't have your way with anyone else! I won't let you! I WON'T-!!"

Then suddenly Susan, the girl, forcibly drags me up to my feet. "No, stop! Please stop!!"

I turn around to her distressed face panting heavily. "What do you mean 'STOP???!!!!'" I yelled out, snapping in confusion. I see her disturbed and horrified expression, and after a few seconds, I gasp quietly and I glance back down. There I see Oscar covering his entire face and groaning out loud in intense pain.....

"Ahhh! Aghh!!! Fuck, shit!!"

My eyes just bug out and I step back panting frantically. "O- Oh my god. Oh my god, i- I'm so sorry!!"

He looks up at me and his nose is pouring our blood, his eye is completely purple and he's missing a tooth. "What the fuck was THAT for?!!!"

Reece rushes over to him. "Holy shit Oscar! My god, are you okay?!!" Oscar just groans loudly and Reece looks at me. "What the hell is wrong with you?!! First you were an annoying bitch and then you're a fucking lunatic!!"

I stammer looking around nervously. "I- I- No you don't understand, I- I saw him trying-"

Reece turns his head. "I think we better call an ambulance! You with the phone! Help me call somebody!"

Everyone is staring at me like I'm crazy, and I just shove a few people out of the way, holding onto my can and I sprint out of the building, out the door.

For the next few minutes I'm just sitting on the steps outside, head tucked down and softly watering my eyes out.
Of all of the bad possibilities that could've happened tonight, I didn't imagine things to go...THIS bad.
The creepy bully of my best friend knows my pornstar secret, he's spreading these made-up beliefs that will definitely come back to me later, I'm drinking again in an attempt to forget all of this, after I actually made an attempt to stop drinking for the past months, I've been reminded of my work with Forty Lashes, and I got to unleash my new strength by severely bashing out a guy's face, after I couldn't see any other face except the face of the demon who was destroyed.
But, WHY did I even see him?! Was it the drinks starting to affect me? Or is this another case of PTSD like whenever I randomly thought back to Dustin's death in the past?!
Ugh!! Who knows. Once again, this has been another case where my past refuses to leave me alone after a good long streak of peace for 2 whole months. Yes, there were some minor red flags and misreads of my name here and there, but they're not anywhere near as bad.
At least this night can't get any worse.....

The door opens and shuts behind me. Sean speaks out behind me. "Hey, what are you doing out here?! All of the fun is INSIDE!!"

Fuck........me.........
I turn around to see Sean for a moment, I pick up a small rock next to my shoes and chuck it back at him. "Leave me alone! Just for once in your life, just leave the girl alone!!" I turn away and bury my head back down, tearing up again.

Sean continues to walk down behind me, until he comes closer and sits down without even asking. "Are- Are you alright?" I don't lift my head up. "Hey I'm being serious, right now. Are you okay?" I shake my tucked head with a no. "Well, Oscar and Reece have left the building now so you wont have to worry about them. What was THAT all about?"

"You wouldn't understand......"

"Well, it looked like you beat up one of my teammates without any explanation. And you nearly made my wrist bleed while you threatened to kill me earlier. I thought you were just kinda freaky-deeky, not mental....."

I hear this and turn over to him after a heavy sigh. I shake my head and facepalm. "I never should've come here. How is he?'

"Well, you didn't break anything major. Just a bloody nose, a swollen eye, and a busted tooth. He's suffered worse injuries than this though. Trust me, he'll be fine in a day or two."

I keep my hands in my palm..
"I'm sorry......."

"Don't be. I saw what happened. Oscar is not exactly the most subtle among us, you were just trying to help his girlfriend. He hasn't slept with her yet and hes impatient about it. You didn't like what you heard from her and wanted to step in." I slowly lift up my head and look at him as he nods his head gently. "I respect that. Everyone else was obviously too drunk and drugged up to be able to notice that."

"Yeah.....?" I sniffle and wipe my eyes. "Probably....." He turns his head and squints at me. "What?"

"I know who you are. I've watched your content. I've seen a lot of your hardcore videos. You're hot as fuck. It's a miracle that someone like Albert could be friends with you. And it's no secret why your stage name and catchphrases involve fire, because you sure as hell possess a HOT fire."

I glance down awkwardly. "Could you PLEASE not word it like that.....?"

"Although.....you're definitely not the same woman from those videos right now, are you? You're different now. And here I was hoping for a good show. Does........Does the kid even know who you are?"

"He...... He doesn't know. I don't even want him to, not now. And you BETTER NOT SAY ANY-'

"Hey?" He nods his head. "I get it. I'm an asshole, and a pervert, but I'm not a snitch." You better not be. Sigh.....

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you, but as of right now, I have ZERO interest in going back to that. It's a long story that I'm not in the mood for sharing right now, but I'm not proud of what I've done....." I said. "As a matter of fact, for the past several months, I haven't been able to recall any good memories of my career. Pleasant memories. Everything suddenly feels painful to me... If I'm being honest, the idea of being sexual, kinda scares me now......"

He perks an eyebrow. "It scares you?"

"Yeah. I- It's hard to explain. But, I've never been more afraid of......let's say......consequences, than I ever have before."

Sean hears this, and scoffs it off. "Well, you heard what I said. God is loving, so there ARE no consequences for you."

"No, you don't know what you're talking-"

"And what reason do you have to be scared? I mean, pretty much everyone wants to be sexual. And, someone like you should be proud. You discovered a talent for sex and you've managed to make a living off of it. You became famous through it. For some reason, you vanished and now you're among the common people, but for a long while, you were in the big leagues."

"Oh please. My guys at Anarchanal are still amateurs. I only got popular due to collaborations. Without me, they-"

I continue to glance down awkwardly until he takes his finger under my chin and turns me to him.
"And there's no secret as to why. You're goddamn fucking sexy......" He reaches for my scarf, and this time I don't stop him from pulling my scarf down. "You're full of great stamina, you've got great tats.....a great body..... Most girls don't get that lucky to work in your field....."

I point my eyes to the side. "Um.....i- I don't even recall how I got lucky at all. But, all I know is that...... I knew certain people who led me somewhere."

He completely turns aside to face me directly. "There you go.....someone saw the potential in you. They gave you guidance, important lessons, and they made you famous. You had proper friends who gave you a life. You should be proud of that. Because you are truly remarkable......" He stares at me, and begins to slowly lean forward. "If only you had some connections.....I could become lucky just like you......"

It grows awkwardly silent for a few moments, as people are still chattering inside wondering about Oscar. For some reason, the way he's been talking to me, and the way he's looking at me, I feel like I'm in a spell right now. The look in his eyes, it IS rather enticing, but I know he's still an asshole. I twitch my eyes and attempt to speak out. "Sean, I should-"

But then he grabs onto my cheeks, and quickly dives forward, and starts to kiss me. I start to kiss him back, and I even start to move my hands down to his legs, deepening it.

Although, as he's kissing me and I'm thinking about his words, I'm suddenly remembering......something else!

Flashback
5 years ago

Back to the night of my first prom when I was 17, that I skipped to go hang out with Angela and the original 15 PC's (back then they were just called the A-Pack)
After a long night of shenanigans, all of us begin to play around the floor for sleep.

As we prepare our blankets, most of us are laughing as we reflect on our activities tonight.
I'm a little meek and cautious. "I mean, c'mon guys, what we did tonight was nothing new but, I'm sure somebody had to have seen one of those things."

Angela guffaws it off. "I doubt it. The way we were in and out, no one could've recognized us even if they did see a glance!"
I just shrug, she has a point.

Brock throws a carton box at my leg. "You know, I'm definitely impressed, Mitchell. You've become MUCH quicker compared to whenever we first invited you into our circle."

"Keep that up, and we'll be far behind you," Snake said.

I scoff and roll my eyes. "I mean what do you expect. Hanging out with you all the past 8 months, I've had to learn to become faster on my feet to avoid getting in trouble!"

"Ha! You say that as if we actually allowed you to get caught, regardless of your speed," Angela said, approaching me. "Now you're faster than most of us. Still, stick with us, and your parents will never suspect a thing."

I look around with a smile at everyone. "You know, I've felt like I've been missing out for the longest time. And I've always been too scared to try something new. But now it's like with you guys....I don't have to worry at all. You're actually not afraid to show me the world, and how to enjoy myself, rather than let myself be mopey over not having a prom date."

"Yeah well that's bullshit. Someone as.....stunning as you, the fact nobody asked you out for the dance at all should be a crime!" Angela boasted.

"Fuck yeah."

I chuckle nervously. "I just- I just can't believe how you guys are. You are just.....so, cool and remarkable! Haha."

Angela then grins at me. "Yeah?" Then she stands right in front of me, holding onto my shoulder. "I mean....yeah we're all badass. But......out of all of us, the only one I can call remarkable.......is you."

It grows silent, as Angela stares into my eyes. I feel like everyone else is watching, although I can't imagine why they would. The smile that Angela has on her face has me SO flustered and I'm blushing as red as a tomato. I'm giggling quietly, as I prepare to say something in response. But, before I can........Angela suddenly dives in to kiss me, cupping my face in her hands.
Brock sees this and clicks his tongue to alert the others about something. Everyone in the room sees this, and they nod and grin at one another. She kisses me about 7 times, and people start grabbing a hold on their clothes.

But then I push back away with my hands, and my eyes widen. "Whoa! Wha- What are you doing?!"

Angela scoffs and grins. "What do you mean by that?"

I fidget and stammer so fearfully. "I- I've never kissed a girl before! I- I'm not even-"

"Shhh.....You don't have to be scared about it.....You know you liked it. You should actually be proud..."

"What...? I- I- I don't think that's really relevant right now!"

"Cheyenne....." She takes a step toward me and I take a step back.

"I- I didn't even ask for-"
Then, Snake and Tabitha sneak up on me, taking hold of my arms and sides, while Brock tilts my head back and starts kissing my neck.
"Whoa whoa, wait what the-?! G- Guys what are you-?!" Then Angela swiftly sneaks her hand inside of my pants.

"Just relax. Who needs a loud annoying prom when we can have all of the silence and privacy that we could ever want." I'm barely able to look around but I can see several of the others removing their clothes. My eyes widen as I see this, but Angela yanks me away from the three others and pins me down on the bed as the others prepare themselves.

She straddles my lap and forcefully holds my wrists down on the bed while she sucks onto my neck. "Angela? No Angela, wait! No! Guys, I'm serious, stop! Please, please stop!!"

Lexi hears this and speaks out. "Hey Angela, are you sure you were serious about what you told us? She doesn't sound like she's-"

"Are you surprised? It's her first time and she's nervous. Just focus, and help me keep my promise for tonight" gake what you want for the first time."

"W- Wha....? What are you talking about-?!" Angela silences me by kissing yet again while she stands up on her feet for Brock to remove her pants then Tobias removes MINE. I feel something being forced against me, while Angela covers up my mouth with something else. I no longer have any control, no way of speaking out, as they all remove their clothes begin to have their way with me....and it hurts.

Some of the words they told me, they were NEARLY THE SAME!! And right now, Sean is kissing me almost the exact same way. Only this time, I'm the one who's about to grab onto what's in between his legs.
Then suddenly the music starts playing again, and someone actually takes a picture right when the music turns on, and people start hollering and partying again. When I hear this, my eyes open wide with fear and I push Sean away with heavy force.
"STOP!!!!"
He falls past the bottom step and lands on the grass, as I stare at him, shuddering in shock. I look down, and immediately snatch my scarf and hurry to put it back on!

He snickers quietly as he stands to his feet. This time with an even bigger grin on his face. He approaches me again, chuckling. "There you see?! NOW we're off to a good start!" Then he points a finger in front of my face. "THERE is the girl who's been turning me on for the past 2 years through vid-!"

I smack his finger away and curl up into a ball. "Go away!! Please....!!" I'm so afraid right now after remembering that, and realizing what was even happening. Although, my body feels warm, and my heart is pacing with adrenaline.

He steps back with a look of great confidence. Then he pulls out a lighter and starts smoking a cigarette.
"You know, you and your old friends aren't the only ones with kinky fetishes. I've got some myself. In fact, I've got rope, chains, and whips in one of the bedrooms. If you....wanna continue this moment.....you can come inside, and I'll show you a REAL good time. It would be my pleasure...."

I glance down, stuttering and stammering nervously but he lays his hand on me.
"Just, think about it, Cece......" He hands me his lighter and an extra cigarette, laying them in my hand before holding his hand above my jeans' zipper, pulling them down halfway. "Because let me tell you, Ms. Phoenix, I would LOVE......a whiff of YOUR flames, see how strong it holds up. Heheheh." He snickers and then stands up to his feet. "I'll be waiting upstairs......" Sean walks back inside.

He's a total creep, but he knows how to give an invitation. Something about his offer IS very intriguing.
But, I'm trying to get away from those ways. And....remembering how my first experience with the Conquerors went just now....that was horrifying. I genuinely did NOT remember any of that! And I didn't even consent! As I think about both of their words in my head, my head begins to ache as I get flashes to my memories of Hell.

And I look down to the lighter, and ignite it, flashes of Hell's fire come back to me. I try to imagine what would happen if I DO go back inside and sleep with him, and every thought of sexual pleasure I picture, ends with a memory of Hell. I just pull my hair and quietly yell out in pain and frustration.

I stay on the steps for a few moments "debating" with myself. And before I make my choice, I look down at the cigarette and the lighter in my hands.
First I scowl, and I take the cigarette with my other hand, I lay it down on the ground, and grind it into the dust with my foot. I mean yeah I've had half a dozen beers tonight, but it's MUCH easier for me to ignore this, since smoking has never been within my interests. Not even Angela had any interest in smoking, in fact, there were only three Conquerors who smoked.

Although as I'm thinking of throwing away the LIGHTER, I just can't stop staring down at it. I look over to my arm. And I remove my light flannel and stare at my shoulder. I remember being thrown into the fires of Hell and being completely consumed, looking at my body being incinerated. It was horrible, but ultimately, the experience DID steer me away from pursuing this any further......
Maybe......... Maybe I need a reminder.

So right then, I reach into my hair, and pull out a clip from my hair. I stare down at it and the lighter, thinking about the flashes before I look back over to my left arm, shuddering. I look back to the lighter and breathe anxiously, as I ignite it, and hold the hair clip above the flame. I look down at my arm again, shuddering.

After briefly flashing back to the experience and the tempting thoughts of sleeping with Sean start to affect me even more, I quickly close my eyes, right before pressing the burning clip against my skin, at the top of my shoulder. I let out a sharp but quiet painful gasp, and opened my mouth to pant, not loosening my grip of the clip. It hurts so much, but I'm doing this to remind myself.

Reminding myself what will happen if I allow these things and these people to control me again. After 30 seconds, I pull away, leaving a thin oval-shaped scar on my shoulder, and as soon as I pull it away, all of the tempting thoughts are gone. But I just look closely at this, steaming, burning scar I've given myself, and I'm just horrified that this is what I had to do to snap myself out of it. And the sudden memories of my first experience with the PC's is out of my head. I tuck my head down, and start to cry. The branding of my past is already bad enough, but now I've been branded by fire. "RRR!!!! GODDAMNIT!!!"

I look to my arm then up behind me to the door, shaking my head. I put my flannel back on and quietly groan as it presses against the new burnt scar. I look up and see my parked car up ahead. Okay, enough is enough! I have gotta get out of here. It hasn't been an hour yet, but there's already been too much-

I reach down into my pocket and I quickly grow even more worried! I start patting all over my pants looking down with great fear! "What? What?!! My keys!! Where are- OH SHIT!!!" That bastard! He must've snuck my keys out when he was trying to grope me inside! I rush up to the door, and open it up. I turn to the first guy in front of me. "Where is Sean?!"

"Oh don't worry, he's waiting for you. He said to knock on the door at the end of the hallway over there." He points to the side. "I'll send a word for you," the man said before walking off with a grin and seductive glance.
His deal! He knew I'd go back for my keys, and he's probably gonna lure me into the bed with him.

"OH FUCK OFF!!!!"
Without even a second thought, I just step outside the door and walk away. The campus is only 2 blocks away.
I'll just go back to my dorm on foot and come back for my car and keys tomorrow! I begin jogging away from the complex in a huge hurry.

I can see the campus ahead just behind a group of trees. I'm almost there. But then....my head starts spinning. And I can't even run straight. I stumble around, nearly tripping over at last half a dozen times. I can hardly even stand up straight.

Damnit.....! Fuck!! The drinks!!
Six drinks have always been my limit and now they're starting to take effect! I've gotta hurry before they take full effect!! Well, at least no one is driving around here. So I rush out into the streets, incredibly dizzy, and spinning around! Some cars start coming into my sight, but I make it to the other side before they're too close.

By the time I reach the campus, I can hardly even stand up straight. There's no way I'll make it to my dorm in time! It's on the far side and it's on the second floor! Although the very first dorm building is in sight, and I know who lives in the second left room beside the door.

I barge into the building and stumble around breathlessly as I reach the second door. And I knock as hard as I can on it. "Liana....? Li....Leanu....? Open ep....pleaaaa....!" Luckily, the door handle doesn't take too long to twitch.

However, when the door opens, Albert is one who greets me. He looks at me surprised, as do I. "Cheyenne....? Wh- What are you doing here....? It's almost 11 PM right now...."

I pant heavily and speak out breathlessly and slurred.
"I......Albert.....what aryu doing here...."

He turns around and sighs. "Well, you can't tell Liana that I'm doing this but I wanted to give a nice surprise, by...."
Then Albert realizes how my speech has become so slurred, and now I'm struggling to stand correctly, and my head keeps tilting and spinning Albert's eyes widen when he takes a quick sniff of beer. "Oh my gosh, you're drunk... wh- Where were you-?"

"Uh nob ruly....they raid me a pew coops......" I pant breathlessly and start coughing. "Can I......vanny ease drum in....?"

The look in his eyes, I can't really notice it but Albert knows that I did a smart thing by coming here first. He peeks past my head and checks the hallway. "Come inside."
Albert leads me inside and helps me walk. He lays me down on Liana's bed, and I just sit there, mumbling mindlessly as Albert looks at me worried.

"Well.....at least Liana won't be coming back here tonight." His phone beeps with an alarm. "Oh good. The laundry just got done." I attempt to raise up but Albert presses me down. "No, don't move. Just stay right there and, I'll be right back with some hot blankets." He leaves the room and rushes his way down the hall. Luckily, it doesn't take long before I pass out.

I wake up the next morning. And.....I have a GIGANTIC headache, but I'm actually sober. I slowly lean out of bed and I find myself in Liana's bed. About ten or twenty minutes after I wake up, Albert comes inside, trying to stay quiet.

"Huh? Al....Albert.....?"

"Huh?! Whoa!" He takes a bad step and accidentally closes his hand in the door after trying to slowly close it without making it creak. He groans out. "Oh darn it! Ugh. You- You nearly startled me there for a moment!"

"Oh....sorry......"

"Agh! Err...I- I'll be alright. But I was trying to be quiet. I didn't know you were awake and I didn't wanna wake you up."

"Well, I'm up. But I'm still not really-" I then look up at him confused. "Wait a minute, wha- what are you doing here? And where's Liana?"

"Well, Liana was off-campus for the night. Yesterday she said she had some family visitors for the weekend. Plus, her roommate has already left for spring break. So with both of them gone, I thought I'd stop by and help Liana rearrange this place a bit, and help her get a fresh start on spring cleaning. I've still got a few more spots to look at, but....then you showed up and, I didn't want to disturb you while you slept here."

I peek my eyebrows impressed before I look around the room. He's sure done a good job so far. "I see, I see. Well that's nice of you."

"It's gonna be a huge surprise when she sees this. I hope she loves it."

I glare at him. "So.....where did you sleep?"

"Well, you took the bed so of course, I went out to the parking lot and I slept out in my car, " he said.

I then squint at him slightly surprised. "Do you.....sleep in your car often?"

"Only if my girlfriend's place doesn't have a couch. It doesn't even matter if there's another bed around. I'm gonna get out of the house and sleep out there. You can never br TOO careful." I softly chuckle in response, but then my head starts to ache and I groan while feeling it.

"Ugh....Oh my head...."

Albert steps over and brings a bottle of water and pills to me. "Here. Take this." He holds my head still while he sticks two pills into my mouth and gently pours some water down my throat to wash it down. I nearly coughed it up. "Take it easy. Take it slow and your head will feel better."

"Thanks.....phew. I still smell like he beer don't I...?" He nods gently. "I REALLY need a shower....but ny legs still feel wobbly."

"Here, hold onto me." He carefully helps me stand up. "This way....I'll help you step inside." He guides me into the shower, and it's one where you sit down. And........he actually stops me and comes back inside when he notices me trying to change my clothes. "Wait. Yo- You're still a little dizzy."

"I can take care of myself.

"I.......I don't wanna risk it. Please. Sit down." He sets me down in the shower and covers his eyes to help me pull off my top and jeans. He pulls them off very slowly, doesn't lay a finger on my skin, and then he hands me a robe so I can remove my underwear after he leaves.

"Okay. It's on."

He opens his eyes. "I- I know that was WEIRD, but....by the time you're done you wont need me to do this again."

"This actually isn't-" I pause and shake my head. Sigh. "You're......Albert? I wish most guys could be as sweet as you. Thanks for helping me be careful."

He nods. "Always. Take as long as you need in here until your medicine kicks in. I'll finish vacuuming, then I'll go ahead and fix up something for us." And that's exactly what we do.

Sean was talking about how I was lucky to have the Conquerors as friends? No I wasn't. But tight now, I'm nowhere near as lucky as I feel now with Albert.
I wasn't expecting to have Albert for help at all, but I'm grateful that he was the one I ran across. I can truly count on him....

He preps up some cereal and pancakes for us and we dine down. "Hmm. You sure Liana won't mind if I borrow these clothes."

"Meh she's hoarded clothes in the past. This can help her break the habit." He sets down his spoon then looks to me slightly nervous. "But.....I have to ask. What happened to you?" I gently shrug it off, glancing down. Albert squints at me. "You're lying."

"What?"

"My professor, Mario, mentioned that you can tell when someone's lying if they don't make eye contact with you." Well, damn.
He then leans in to me, and takes a close look. "Cheyenne? Did you get drunk at a party last night.....?"

I slowly look over to him after taking another spoonful of cereal. "What? Why would you ask that?" I ask with a nervous squint. "That's.....oddly specific."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone. "Yeah? Well, normally I wouldn't jump over a shark with assumptions like that. But.....I AM curious." He glances down to his phone and starts typing. "Particularly because, a certain someone decided to spread something around about you last night."

Albert shows me his phone which is opened on Instagram, and I see that someone has posted a picture of me and Sean kissing from behind. My eyes grow scared.
"That jacket sure looks familiar, does it not? And so does the scarf next to you. And that's a beer can" He shuts it off and sets his phone down. Now he rests his arm down, and stares over at me. "You wanna tell me what happened last night."

I shake my head and speak out feeling worried. "Okay I know it looks like something but, whatever he said in the captions, I can tell you that he's lying. I left the party shortly after that kiss. Heck, I was hardly even paying attention when it happened!"

"Hmm. I see." He glances down then chuckles softly. "And here I was hoping you wouldn't do something that would get me in trouble and get him angry." His eyebrows then perk up goofily. "Was....NOT expecting that."

"Please don't make fun of things right now. I'm honestly not in the mood...."

He nods. "Right. Sorry."

I sigh and shake my head with shame. "No. No, I'm sorry Albert. I know I told you I would do something and there I was kissing your bully for the internet world of Instagram to see." I tuck my head down and sigh sadly. "You probably feel SO betrayed by me right now....."

He then squints his eyes. "Why would you assume THAT? And why would you be sorry?"

I then lift my head in confusion. "Uh, well- I- I thought you would've freaked out or something." He shrugs with a blank look on his face and hums. "Y- You're not mad about this?"

"Well, I'm surprised. But at the same time, I'm NOT surprised." He looks up to me with a smile. "I think it's fairly obvious that you don't have any.....romantic feelings toward him, and it certainly sounds like you weren't the one who initiated the moment."

"It- it doesn't?"

"The caption for the post implies that you made the first move. But, I've known him long enough to know some of his tactics. He probably paid someone to take a photo, he probably put on a show trying to come off as compelling and understanding, throw in some compliments, he makes the first move, and either post it because he wants to spread rumors about his game, or possibly to irk me because a close friend is locking lips with him from face value."
He chuckles and shakes his head. "I've known Sean longer than I've known you, sadly, but I'm not an idiot. And you keep trying to defend yourself, so clearly you didn't intend for that to happen."

I glance down in surprise, as I'm trying to process this. "I- I can't even- You're unbelievable!" He chuckles again with a grin. "But, why are you also NOT surprised?"

"I mean, I wouldn't blame him for making a move. You are- Err, don't take this the wrong way but, you're very pretty. So the fact that he made a move on you isn't a surprise to me."

I smirk in amusement and snark. "Thank you. Well, I suppose that it's uh......it's a blessing, AND a curse. And besides.... there's a little more to my appeal than..... than just my looks."

"Hmm. I'm sure it's unwanted, but at least you have that kind of attention. Compared to guys like me. Girls have never exactly lined up to kiss me, and I've only had it with, four girls in my whole life. And two of them were from spin the bottle, admittedly."

I chuckle and sigh. "I see." Then I grab hold of my cup and prepare to take a sip. "Well, it still counts as something."

Albert then lowers his phone. "But why did you even go to his party in the first place? All by yourself as well?"

I glance down. "Well.....did- Did Sean really tell you that he was a new Christian now?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah. He talked about it right before his fist kissed my nose the other day."

"Well, he was throwing a party to celebrate his new faith, and he wanted me to go so I could tell YOU about it. Because he knew you weren't willing to go."

"And, you agreed to stay at the party?"

"I told him he had an hour to impress me. But trust me, within five minutes I was ready to bounce. I was hoping for a relaxing night, but instead I had Forty Lashes pumping through stereo bass speakers, 7 kegs of beer, smoking, and 50 people dancing like an angsty teen rapper-wannabe."

"Hmm. That sounds exactly like my kind of party! Sorry that I couldn't make it," he replied sarcastically.

"I guarantee you would've driven away ten seconds after you found a good parking place."

"Probably. So what can you tell me about this new faith of his?" he asked.

"Well, some parts of it seemed...... genuine? I suppose?" Albert scoffs in response. "But as for everything else.......I think he's just crazy."

"Like Pharisee crazy or zealot crazy?" he asked.

"Um.......I don't really........" I trail on, but then I just turn over to him. "I mean from what I know about Zealots, I might say........Well, let me ask you something first?"

"Okay."

"Do- Do you believe that Hell exists?"

He turns back around to me. "Hmm? And what do you mean by, believe? Because....look I know what you're asking, but there's always different translations for 'belief in Hell.' Or at least I think so."

"Just, as a believer, do you believe that it's a real place? That people actually go there after death? Just, yes or no," I asked.

Albert glances down and then shrugs. "I mean, the Bible says that Hell exists so, there you go. But I will say this, even if I wasn't a believer, I would still believe that something identical to Hell would exist," he said folding his arms.

"What? Well, why....?"

"Because, I believe that everything in life needs to have a balance. You know, they say for every yin, there is a yang, something evil to everything that is good. So if there's such a thing as eternal paradise like Heaven, then clearly something has to exist for the exact opposite. It just.....makes sense to me, maybe not to others though."

"Hmm. I wonder how Sean would've reacted to that."

"Sean? Why Sean?"

"Well, you were right about him. He isn't a complete Christian. I'm not even sure if he is one at all, given what he said to all of us."

Albert drops his arms down and approaches me. "And what did he say?"

I stand straight and look down to the floor remembering his exact words. I close my eyes and softly speak them out. "He said....God is love. So that means that none of the rules in the Bible have to be followed, none of the laws in our nation need to be obeyed, because God is above them and He is only forgiving and loving, not a vengeful God." Albert takes a step back and squints at me upon hearing this. "So he and his friends believe, that.....that they can do whatever they want, and they'll be allowed into Heaven with no charge, because God loves everyone, and a loving God would not allow something like Hell to exist."

Albert stares me dead straight in the eye, then glances down. He's frozen in place for nearly 12 seconds, until he finally steps back and scoffs. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life."
I just snort amusedly in response. So.....even as someone who isn't a Christian, I was right for doubting that kind of belief. He raises his arms up. "Heck, it might even be blasphemy."

"Somehow I knew you would think it was dumb."

"That's not even my Christian faith speaking out. If those are his exact words, then he's not just giving himself a title, but he's only using it as an excuse to be his same reckless self."

My eyes narrow out. That sounds.....oddly familiar to.......
I shake my head and continue speaking. "Also, the pastor he was talking about, the one who opened his eyes to this faith, he said that he did talk about a lot of political crap and how you shouldn't follow certain laws they might pass."

Albert hangs his head down swiftly. "Oh my god.... Why.....?" I grin and shake my head at his response.
"Of course, of course! Anytime Sean hears something about going against possible laws or rules, he takes it in the completely opposite direction!"

I ask out again. "And.....do you also disagree with denying the......the political stuff that he mentioned? He didn't really name any names or actions, but...."

He grimaces nervously and shrugs. "Ehhhhhh......."

"Albert?" I pushed.

He sighs. "I mean, the politics of last year were nothing but a glorified dumpster fire, so, it's never been a FUN topic for me to talk about. But if I'm gonna give an answer then, here's my thing." He rubs his hands and stands up straight. "I'm all up for fighting against stuff like abortions and the Equality Act to an extent, but I'm not gonna go against every other law at the same time. I mean, think about this. Would it be a good idea to risk my chances by stripping in public, jump into someone else's car, and speed my way down a highway with a phone in my hand while not wearing a seatbelt?!"

I just bury my head down on the table, laughing so hysterically after picturing such a sight in my head. I look up with a goofy, amused smile. "N-No, it wouldn't!"

"No! Because I'm obviously gonna go to prison for that! Rules and laws are important because they prevent disorder and chaos. And the concept of human law pretty much started in the early days of the Bible. So you can't take God out of that idea."

"And what would Vinnie and the others think? Or even Curtis?"

Albert then grins. "Honestly? I think even Curtis would slam the door in his face. Which would be ironic given how he used to be a Witness!" I shrug in agreement.
"Like, through the cross, we Christians do have salvation and we have freedom, but in all my years as a believer, I've never viewed it as, we can now do anything we want and get away with it. Obviously, there would always be a pastor who would convince us otherwise and every church has stuff that they're not gonna allow."

I nod my head with a smile. "Yeah? That's what I thought."
As soon as I finish eating, I stand back up.
"Well thanks for helping me Albert, you should get back to your dorm before someone sees you, and I'm gonna walk back to the condo and grab my car. I, uh.....accidentally left my keys at the party so I'm gonna go back to grab them and.....head back to my dorm."

He offers a hand out. "Do you- You want me to lend a drive? I can drop you off and-"

I pause him "No no no no. You don't wanna go there, trust me." He'll probably find out about how I beat Oscar since there was blood on the floor when I left him. "And if you do go with me, someone might sneak a photo of you holding a bottle and post it all over the internet as they did with me."

Albert stiffens and glances to the side. "Hmm, yeah you have a point. I really can't have any of those rumors spreading out when I'm our campus worship pastor."

I nod my head and point my finger behind him. "The place is only a few blocks over that way. Trust me, it won't be a problem for me. I'll be in and out like that, no one'll even know I was there."

"Well okay. If you say so." I smile and leave the room.

About ten minutes later, I walked all the way back to the complex to fetch my car. I make my way up to the front door to go back inside and look for my keys, keeping as quiet as a mouse.

I step inside, and indeed, everyone is passed out asleep, with beer all over the floor. I look around, and beside the couch in the living room, my car keys are sitting on a coffee table. So I carefully tip-toe over 5 sleeping people and reach out to grab them. I reach down, and grab the whole chain into my hand and slide them off the stand into my other hand to prevent lifting them up and letting them jingle and jangle.
Okay, now to get the hell out of here.

But then I hear a door opening from the hallway that I'm standing in front of. I see two shadows coming out of a room, and I hear Sean's voice approaching, so I hide behind the couch, and cover myself in a spare blanket. I peek through a small gap to see.

"I gotta admit, you're just full of endless surprises. That was easily the best night I've had with you," Sean complimented. I see him stepping into the middle of the room where I see he has the palest white baby ass I've ever seen on a grown man, and several acne down on it.
In my head I'm snorting. Geez. Some poor girl had to fuck him? May her soul be blessed.

But then, I am completely horrified by the very next sight I see. As a woman with short hair steps out after him, completely topless. There's no denying it! THAT'S Liana!!
"Hey what can I say? When I want something, I'm dead serious about it. And whoever is willing to help me, WILL be rewarded. So thank YOU for agreeing to meet again."

Sean snickers. "It was my pleasure. Trust me, I can't wait to make you pregnant." I can't even begin to explain how much my eyes just completely widened. I had to try SO HARD NOT to gasp out loud!

"Hmmm. I'm happy to hear that...." Liana leans in to kiss him. "Still, I can't stop wondering about this, surprise you had for me last night?"

"Ah don't worry about it. It ended up not turning out the way I planned. Let's just say, I had planned an even more interesting night for me and you. An extra party." Hearing this just makes me even more disgusted. That lying pig!!

"Oh brother. Well, it's a good thing it didn't fall through. I don't wanna risk this getting out to you-know-who...."

Sean scoffs. "Whatever. Just help me with the footage we took."

"Yes sir," Liana said before they walk away. They turn around and indeed, that's her face. They walk away chuckling, and I'm left sitting there, devastated.
Sean is a filthy liar, and Liana is a filthy CHEATER!!

I just curl myself up in the corner and sit in silence for a couple of minutes. Maybe I should've let him bring me here after all....

Yeah, this was a brutal obstacle for both of our friends, and one that is intertwined amongst them. How will they deal with this? Find out....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 920 35
Dani has loved Josh since high school. It started out as a crush, but a senior trip changed their lives forever. Suddenly, they were making a movie a...
6.9M 208K 78
Mari Hansen ran away from home at 15 not being able to stand her radically religious family anymore and was desperate to be nothing like them which l...
81K 1.7K 17
All your life you have been the good little Christian girl that you could be. You never went out with friends, never partied or drank anything or eve...
21.9K 987 24
**MATURE THEMES/SMUT** Picking up the pieces of a mess you didn't make is never a great experience. Walking into your seventh year, with an undeniabl...