One Day Closer

By KeepOnSmiling

Ryan and Jessie Davis are a young married couple with two kids. Ryan has always wanted to be a soldier for th... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty

thirty one

1.8K 41 1
By KeepOnSmiling

After getting to Savannah, we went to Chick fil A for dinner. We ate inside so Cooper could play at the playground.

"I'm so happy that they both did so good on the ride." I said to Katie as we ate. She smiled and nodded. "That's because their favorite auntie was in the car." She leaned over and smooshed Kinley's cheeks, making her smile. I finished eating and I threw our trash away. I went into the playground area and called Cooper so we could leave.

We pulled into the house that Ryan's parents rented for the weekend and I turned the car off. "This house is huge." I said to Katie. She nodded. "Mom and dad said that its so roomy on the inside." We both got out and I carefully grabbed Kinley from her car seat.  She continued to sleep as we went inside.

After choosing our rooms, the kids and I got a room with a queen sized bed and an adjacent bathroom. McKinley was sleeping in her pack n play in the large closet that was in the room while I sat on the bed with Cooper. I ran my fingers through his hair as he watched a video on his tablet. Once he fell asleep, I turned it off and went to sleep.
•••

"Ready to go eat?" I asked Cooper. "Yeah!" He jumped excitedly and walked out to my car. I put McKinley and Cooper into their car seats before we left.

"She eats good huh?" Lauren chuckled as McKinley ate some scrambled eggs. I smiled and nodded. "Cooper did so well with baby led weaning and I'm happy that she's the same way." I kissed her cheek. We continued to eat our breakfast before leaving to walk around by the market. I had McKinley in her wrap against my chest while Cooper held hands with his papa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Strong By Madelin

Teen Fiction

18.5K 340 20
Rianne Gabrielle McCoy. She is the daughter of the Army. He dad is a Solider. She is his little girl having 4 older brothers. One day he dad gets the...
12.4K 211 22
What do you do when you fall in love at a young age? For Maci Baxter she wrote about it in a journal and when she got her heart broken she hid it aw...
Glimpses Of War By SilverWolf

Historical Fiction

28 0 11
A Tribute to the unsaid sacrifices soldiers make for us everyday. Glimpses of their lives and the effect it has on their family and loved ones.
4.2K 185 30
Jenna and Ryan finally have the life they've always wanted. A little girl, and a son on the way. Can they handle Ryan's tour schedule along with 2 ki...