Yours, truly.

By maryameeee

Maya, is an eighteen year old girl, who is very new to her college life. She might be stubborn and straightfo... More

• Chapter One •
• Chapter Two •
• Chapter Three •
• Chapter Four •
• Chapter Five •
• Chapter Six •
• Chapter Seven •
• Chapter Eight •
• Chapter Nine •
• Chapter Ten •
• Chapter Eleven •
• Character Profiles •
• Chapter Twelve •
• Chapter Thirteen •
• Chapter Fourteen •
• Chapter Fifteen •
• Chapter Sixteen •
• Chapter Seventeen •
• Chapter Eighteen •
• Chapter Nineteen •
• Chapter Twenty •
• Chapter Twenty-one •
• Chapter Twenty-two •
• Chapter Twenty-three •
• Chapter Twenty-four •
• Chapter Twenty-five •
• Chapter Twenty-Six •
• Chapter Twenty-seven •
• Chapter Twenty-nine •
• Chapter Thirty •
• Chapter Thirty-One •
• Chapter Thirty-Two •
• Chapter Thirty-three •

• Chapter Twenty-eight •

37 4 5
By maryameeee

I hear faint knocking on the door.

"Hey! Are you going to college or not?" Zoe says.

Crap.

"Uh no. I want to stay in today." I say. I can feel my voice vibrate as I speak.

Zoe busts inside my room and I cover my face with my blanket.

"Why is that? Are you feeling well?" She says. Her voice echoing. She reaches for my blanket and slowly pulls it away from my face. I can see she looks slightly concerned.

"I don't know. I don't feel like going today. My legs hurt and I feel dizzy." I make up a random excuse which isn't a complete lie. I have been walking around all night sneaking out and my head does feel dizzy after sleeping soo late.

"Are you sure?" She says.

"Yeah I am."

"Alright I will let mom know and call the college too that you're taking the day off." She says.

I hope she's not suspicious.

"Fine with me." I say.

"Do you want to have breakfast anyway?" She asks as she's about to head out.

"Yes. I'd like that." I say.

I eat my breakfast which consists of cheese and jam sandwich and a glass of warm milk. I take a huge sigh. My stomach is now satisfied with the food. Just a few minutes ago it was making grumbling noises like crazy.

"Do you feel okay Maya? I heard from Zo that you're not going to college." Mom asks.

I clear my throat. "I wanted to rest that's all. I won't take leave next time unless it's an emergency."

"Yeah. You shouldn't ditch college. Your dad would not be pleased if you start taking a day off too often." Mom lectures me.

"Yes. I got it. Won't happen again." I say and gulp down the last of my glass of milk.

I must say. I am acting as if the whole sneak out session didn't happen. It sort of seems like I just woke up from a dream. No one suspects anything at all. Wow. Who knew I can put up such an act.

I check my phone and a new message pops up just as I tap the screen.

Its from Skylark.

Sky : yo! Where are you Maya? Haven't seen you in your classroom. Don't tell me you ditched today because of your dare last night. And speaking of that exact topic, I need to know the details quick. I checked the groupchat in the morning. What on earth was happening? Jun seemed pretty worried.

It must be her first period by looking at the time. That's why she texted me.

Maya : Hey! Yeah, I am not going to be at college today because of that EXACT reason :p
And obviously I will let you know about the whole late night dare thing. Your girl was feeling like a daredevil!! And about Jun... Yeah he came too. We did the dare together. Err so there's that!

I reply back.

Sky : EXCUSE ME?
         WAIT!
         YOU GUYS...
         DID WHAT NOW?
         Don't tell me there's more to that!! Cause I'm wayy too curious! Omg.

Well. She seems excited to know.

Maya : Calm down oh gosh! You're making me laugh. I'll tell you in person.

Sky : ofcourse you're telling me in person because after college ends, I'm coming straight to your house.

Maya : Don't joke around. You for real?

Sky : I've made my mind. I'm coming to your house. Today. So get ready to spill the tea!

Maya : AHH! Okay! I will be waiting for you then!

Sky : you better! I gotta go now. Class is about to start. Ttyl.

Maya : okie dokie!

And that's where she goes offline. So she's coming here right after college! Ooh can't wait to tell her!

I get upstairs to my room and rest on my bed. I set the alarm to wake up before Sky comes here.

There's alot going on my mind. I can barely function right now. Sleep is needed. It's really calling out to me. Oh Maya. You just love naps just like your crush.

My memory goes back to the day all of us friends hung out. And when it was time to go back, Jun had rested his head on my shoulder and later on, fell asleep.

Am I really that comfortable? Haha.

He's soo cute. With his big brown eyes and soft hair. He smiles and I melt.

I didn't sign up for any of this.

...

*Alarm rings*

I yawn and stretch my arms so wide they almost hit the wall. I look out the window and gasp.

It's lightly snowing outside! Finally!

I head downstairs and announce the news. They probably know but I still shout.

"Mom, Zoe! It's snowing!!"

"Yeah I just saw." Zoe says unamused.

Well you're being a buzz kill.

"Oh! Is it? Well it was about time! The weather keeps getting colder." My mom says as she comes out to the dining room.

"Oh mom, my friend is coming over. Possibly any minute now-"

*Door bell rings*

"Ha! That must be her." I say to my mom and hurry towards the door.

I open the door and its Sky.

"Hi!!" She says. She's wearing a hood and her glasses look slightly fogged up. Nevertheless, her smile shines brighter than the moonlight.

"Yay! You're here and it seems like you brought the snow with you." I say and invite her in.

"That's just me." She smirks.

"Hello dear. You must the friend Maya was just telling me about. Did you come straight from college to check up on your friend?" Mom asks Skylark while giving a soft smile.

I give Sky a sign to just roll with it.

"Ah.. yes aunty! I missed her so I told dad on the way from college that I wanted to visit Maya. Is it okay for me to stay here?" She replies.

"Ofcourse dear! You can stay here as long as you wish." My mom pats her shoulder and goes back to the kitchen.

"We're going to my room!" I say loudly and take Sky with me.

"So how was your day?" I ask Sky as I turn on the heater.

"It was meh. It turns out Jun also ditched college. Coincidence? I think not." She speaks.

I lick my lips and turn around to face her.

"Well... Like I told you. He came too whilst I sneaked to do the dare." I tell her.

Sky nods and takes off her hood. She moves closer to the heater and rubs both her palms together.

"Tell me how everything started." She asks.

And so I begin. I tell l her everything and not leave anything behind.

Skylark's expression goes all over the place as she can't process the information I'm giving her.

I stop mid convo and take a deep breath.

"And Sky. I- well I really do like Yeon-jun. And maybe.. He likes me too?! I'm confused. If he's just being nice or-"

"No sis. He DEFINITELY likes you back. No guy would put his hands around you and worry about you if he didn't have romantic feelings towards the person. Don't be oblivious now." She interrupts.

She's not wrong.

"These are the moments I could only imagine. But now, they are becoming real. I can now believe, that relationships can be real and not just some words written in books or seen in movies." I say and smile.

Sky suddenly pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around her.

"I'm happy for you." She says to me and I feel like she actually means it.

"Thank you." I say and hug her tight.

We both pull away from our hug and continue to talk.

"Maya. The date of the winter formal was announced in third period! And I'm helping with the decorations along with Asher. Its a month away from now on!" She says excitedly.

"No way! We better start looking for our dresses! Oh, it's going to be my first ever formal Sky! And wait.. did you just say with Asher? Is there something going on with you two." I say holding her hands and give her a look.

"Haha! No umm nothing is going on really. Not as the way you think!" She says and I can sense that she's acting a bit shy at this point.

Ooo.. I'll find out on my own. Did she change the way she thinks about Ashlee?

But we both jump up and down at the thought of dressing up and going to the formal looking all glamorous.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Sky says.

"No tell me!" I say.

"Why not celebrate this news outside. While playing in the snow?" She says.

"I accept that! Let's goo!" I say and put on a coat with thick gloves. Sky also puts on her hood and I lend her a pair of gloves too then we both storm off outside.

The snow is still piling up but we can play with it.

I make a quick snowball and throw it at Sky.

"Hey!" She yelps as it hits her back.

I stand there laughing. And boom! She hits me with a snowball right on my bare forehead. I give a glare that's she finds even more funny.

Now its her time to laugh her ass off.

We look like 10 year olds who are out in the snow for the first time. And I love it.

We both run into each other and twirl around hugging each other in the snow. We lay down to create snow angels. Mine looks a bit messy and Sky's much better than mine.

We both take a few selfies together. And Zoe calls out to us to come inside.

It's a happy day for me after all. And I'm glad I got to spent it with two of my favorite people.

The first person was unintentional but it did led me to see him being himself.

Now I'm really looking forward to the formal.

But am I ready to confess to the guy I like?

No Maya. We should take it slow. Build up more knowledge about one another. Only then I can be ready for a r-relationship.

I never thought I'd say that for atleast 25 more years.

"Wow! This is a really cute snowflake pendant Maya!" Sky says when her eyes fall upon the pendant hanging on the side of my mirror.

"Oh yeah that's the pendant Asher-"

The pendant Asher gave me and he had said "it's cold yet beautiful. Like you."

Why did I have to think of that?

"Oh... Asher gave you this. He's got a nice eye." She says as she examines it.

Well... Shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248 27 22
In the silent world of a reserved boy, a cheerful, famous girl shone like an unreachable star. His unspoken love for her was a beautiful dream, yet u...
3.6K 205 26
𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓪 𝓼𝓮𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓽 𝓪𝓭𝓶𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓮𝔁𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓪𝓯𝓪𝓻, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓭𝓶𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓼 𝓱...
2.1M 56.4K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...
52K 3K 32
Mayan x Abhi (COMPLETED!!!) RATED "R" FOR MATURE CONTENT..... *** "Do you regret it?" Abhi questioned but Mayan stay quiet. With a sigh, Abhi wiped a...