An Affair To Remember (Book 2)

By DeltaTzuyu

Sequel to 'The Heiress And The Bodyguard' Just when you thought you have already moved on from the past and y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 15

5.7K 254 79
By DeltaTzuyu

***Sana's POV***

When Tzuyu said she would be visiting again, I knew she's really going to do that. However, I did not expect she would be visiting everyday.

EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.

She would come over to our house before I leave for work. She said she wanted to look after our daughter while I was away and she would leave right after we have our dinner. That's been our set-up for weeks now. The only thing that's been missing is for her to stay over for the night.

Surprisingly, Beauty seemed to become accustomed with our set-up because she was not asking Tzuyu to tuck her at night or she was not looking for her whenever she wakes up.

Sometimes, I got thinking, doesn't she also have a company to run? And what about Jihyo and Jay? Weren't they looking and asking for Tzuyu's time?

Maybe they're the reason why Tzuyu has to leave every night.

No. The reason was because you were not even asking her to stay.

Currently, the three of us are in my office. Beauty said she wanted to come with me, and wherever Beauty is, you better expect to also see Tzuyu tailing her. I remember when Tzuyu said she wanted to make up for the lost times she would have had with our daughter. They were really inseparable. Tzuyu would always bring her gifts, may it be a toy, a dress, or anything that a young girl could possibly need. With the time she spent with our daughter on a daily basis, I wonder how she still has the time and energy to buy those gifts?

Well, she has a secretary who can run errands for her.

I am having a video conference inside my office and both Tzuyu and Beauty are playing at the modern leather office coffee table. I took a quick side glance to check on them just to see them busy with coloring books.

When Tzuyu learned Beauty was into arts, like any other kids her age, Tzuyu bought her a Louis Vuitton Monogram Coloring Pencil Case Roll. I remember telling her she did not have to buy such an expensive thing since Beauty does not know anything about brands. (Real Sana Minatozaki doesn't know the word "expensive")

"I want to give her nothing but the best. Just let me do it Sana, " was all Tzuyu answered.

Beauty looked so focus with what she was doing while Tzuyu was always peeking at Beauty's work.

"Baby, you missed this part," Tzuyu said while pointing at something on the coloring book.

"But I do not know which color I should use for her eyes," Beauty said without taking her eyes off of the coloring book.

"Why don't you use brown?" I heard Tzuyu suggested.

"Brown?" Beauty asked as if confirming she heard it correctly.

"Yes, just like your eyes. Your eye color is beautiful," Tzuyu said while looking adoringly at our daughter.

"They said Mommy and I have the same pair of eyes. Mommy's eyes are also beautiful?" Beauty asked Tzuyu.

I saw Tzuyu turned to look at me so I quickly turned my head so she would not see I was watching their little interaction. But I knew it was too late because I heard Tzuyu's small laugh.

"Yes, mommy is also beautiful," I heard Tzuyu said.

Stupid. She was asking about my eyes, why did you answer I am beautiful?

Then why are you smiling like a fool?

I stopped myself from smiling because once again, my mind and my heart started to debate.

And Tzuyu might see me getting affected with her stupid words.

I forced myself to focus on the video conference that should have been finished an hour ago but it got delayed due to my own doing. I could not focus because I could not stop myself from eavesdropping to the conversation my guests were having; hence, I kept on asking the things my subordinates have already discussed or was already raised by someone who was also on the call.

"Having them here in my office was never a good idea. I should never bring them here again, " I reminded myself.

When the conference has ended, that's when I noticed the deafening silence in the room. I looked at where Tzuyu and Beauty were and saw that, instead of them sitting on the carpet while leaning on the coffee table busy coloring Beauty's coloring book, Tzuyu was slouched on the couch with Beauty lying on top of her, both of them were taking a nap. Tzuyu's hands were wrapped around our daughter's small figure, effectively stopping her from any unwanted movement which may cause her to fall from the couch.

They looked so peaceful.

Before I knew it, I was walking towards them. I stopped when I was few feet away from them and leaned forward to touch my daughter's angelic face when Tzuyu suddenly grabbed my hand.

"Sana? What are you doing here?" Tzuyu asked. Her eyes still looked sleepy.

"You're in my office. Did you forget?" I told her.

Tzuyu looked around and when realization hit her, her eyes widen.

"Damn. That was a good sleep," Tzuyu said.

"Yeah. So, my hand?" I asked her.

"What do you mean-" that's when she realized she was still holding my hand.

She released it so fast before putting it on our daughter's back again.

"Sorry about that. Just... reflexes, you know," Tzuyu said.

"I understand. So even after years of not being active on the field, you still have keen senses?" I asked her.

"Yes. Old habits, I guess," Tzuyu said.

We stopped our mini conversation when beauty moved on top of Tzuyu . Our conversation seemed to interfere with our daughter's nap.

Our daughter.. when did I start addressing Ella as "our" daughter? It was always "my" daughter..

And our talk awhile ago, it was the longest and most normal talk we ever had since we started this set-up.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I'm starting to get familiar with her presence again. Just like our daughter, I was also looking forward to see her before I leave for work.

And I don't want it.. I don't like this..

"Sana?" I was startled when I heard Tzuyu's voice.

"What?" I asked her. Was she talking to me?

"Are you okay? We have been calling for your attention," Tzuyu said.

"What did you say?" I asked her.

"I want ice cream, Mommy!" Beauty said.

"You just woke up and the first thing you ask is ice cream. Let me just grab my bag real quick," I was about to turn around but I saw Beauty raised her hands.

She wanted me to carry her.

And of course I did. As I have said earlier, Tzuyu and Beauty were inseparable so whenever our daughter asks for my attention, I always give her my full and undivided attention because next thing I know, she'd be clinging to Tzuyu again.

I carried her and made my way to my table to grab my bag while Tzuyu fixed their things and put everything inside our daughter's Hello Kitty bag.

For someone who has an intimidating presence and stance, the sight of her carrying a pink Hello Kitty backpack should be immortalized.

I smiled at the thought.

Once we are done, we made our way to my private elevator.

"Me press! Me press!" Beauty excitedly said. She really enjoyed pressing the elevator buttons, which are only 4 buttons: the open/close button, the basement where my car is always parked, my office, and the penthouse.

Beauty pressed the "P" button which is for the Penthouse but the elevator did not work.

"Mommy it's broken!" Beauty said.

"No baby, it's because Mommy still did not put her biometric," I explained to her. I heard Tzuyu softly laughed which also made me smile.

"What is biometric?" Beauty asked.

"This is biometric." I put my right hand on the scanner then it turned green when it accepted my access.

"You should press "B" because we're going out," I heard Tzuyu said.

"B B B B" Beauty said while pressing the B button repeatedly. "Mommy I will also have biometric?"

"Of course, baby. But only if you're old enough."

Beauty turned to face Tzuyu.

"You also have biometric, Mommy?" Beauty asked Tzuyu.

"Yes, I do have an access here," Tzuyu answered her.

"Because you're old enough already?" Beauty asked again.

Tzuyu laughed before leaning closer to Beauty.

"Why are you so cuteeeee" Tzuyu said before planting a kiss on Beauty's cheek.

Because I was still carrying Beauty, the sudden action and closeness of Tzuyu made me gasp. Tzuyu seemed to notice my reaction so she backed away so fast.

"Sorry," she said in a low voice.

I did not answer because we already arrived at the basement.

We made our way to where Tzuyu's car was parked. Yes, we are riding her car. Bambam stayed at home this morning and it was Tzuyu who had given us a ride to the company.

Flashback

"You don't have to bring Bambam with you today," my dad said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Tzuyu's going with you, right?" Dad said.

"But I need my bodyguard," I insisted.

"Tzuyu's with you."

"She's not my bodyguard, dad," why is he being like this??

"But she can protect you more than anyone else can," my dad said.

Tzuyu opened the back door and let Beauty and I go inside before she went to the driver's seat. I remember when Tzuyu said I should sit at the back with our daughter because she did not want Beauty to be left alone at the back.

How protective..

When we arrived at the ice cream shop, Tzuyu hurriedly ushered us inside and we took the most secluded table the shop has.

"I never thought paparazzis still follow you," Tzuyu said.

"There are still some stubborn ones who won't let me be," I answered.

"And you still go out with him with my daughter? In public places? What do they write in their column?" I looked at Tzuyu to see she was looking intently at our daughter who was busy looking at the beautiful photos of ice cream from the menu, but I knew she was waiting for my answer.

"Beauty is my daughter, she is ours. After today, they should better write the correct headline and information, else I'm suing them," Tzuyu said.

I never got to answer because her phone suddenly rang. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and looked at the caller id.

"Yes, Mr. Minatozaki," Tzuyu said when she answered the phone. I looked at her when I heard the name of the person.

I was about to listen to their conversation but the staff already arrived and asked for our orders. Since Tzuyu was on the phone, I took the initiative to order for her.

She likes chocolates just like Beauty. I think Beauty got it from her.

I order two variants of chocolate ice cream for them and a vanilla flavored one for myself, and two slices of cakes.

When Tzuyu ended the call, I asked her why did my father call her.

"Mr. Minatozaki asked if we're coming home early tonight," Tzuyu said.

"Why didn't he call me?" I asked her.

"He thought we are still in your office and that you might be busy with your work, so he called me instead," Tzuyu said.

"Hmm.. okay.." was all I said.

"Mommy, why are you calling grandpa 'Mr. Minatozaki'? Why not Daddy like mommy?" Beauty asked her.

"Well, it's because I have different parents," Tzuyu explained to her.

"Meaning I have another grandpa and grandma?" Beauty asked her.

"Yes," Tzuyu simply answered.

"Then where are they?" Beauty asked her again.

"They are already dead," Tzuyu said.

"Dead?" Beauty asked in confusion.

"She still doesn't know the concept of 'death'," I told Tzuyu.

"Oh okay.. well, my parents are not here anymore, baby. They're already in heaven," Tzuyu explained to Beauty.

"Just like Birdie, Mommy?" Beauty asked me, pertaining to the little bird she saw lying on our porch sometime ago.

"Yes, just like Birdie."

"Can we visit grandpa and grandpa? I always visit Birdie in the garden," Beauty asked me.

I looked at Tzuyu, expecting her to answer our daughter's question.

"They're in a far away place, baby," Tzuyu said. She looked at me and I saw she was considering my stand in this matter.

Did she think I would never allow our daughter to travel to Taiwan to see her grandparents?

"Oh... but I want to visit them..." Beauty said in a small voice.

We stopped talking for a while when our orders arrived. Tzuyu prepared Beauty's ice cream first before giving mine.

"Their death anniversary is in two weeks from now, right?" I asked Tzuyu. I saw the surprised look on her face when she learned I still remembered.

"Yes," was all she answered.

"Maybe we can arrange our schedules and visit them, so Beauty would see her other grandparents. I'm sure they'd love to meet her too," I told her.

I saw the happiness flashed in Tzuyu's eyes before she smiled.

"Thank you, Sana" Tzuyu said.

"And it's almost summer there, maybe we can also visit some resorts? Have a little vacation?" I suggested.

If only I could capture the look on Tzuyu's face. It was as if I said the most impossible thing in the world.

"Of course, we can do that," Tzuyu said while smiling happily.

"Would you like to go swimming?" Tzuyu asked Beauty.

"Yey! Swimming! Are we going to ride a boat?" Beauty excitedly asked.

"We're riding a plane!" Tzuyu said, matching our daughter's energy.

She looked really happy. Maybe, for so long, she wanted to bring Beauty to Taiwan..

"Mommy! We're riding an airplane! And we're going to swim!" Beauty told me excitedly.

I just laughed at her while she and Tzuyu continue to talk animatedly while eating their ice cream.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 6.6K 52
Sequel for Too Young To Love .. Five years later - Cali had finally had enough and moved away from her family, but something made her return back to...
86K 4.4K 50
There is an old saying that "If you love someone set them free If they come back, they're yours; if they don't they never were." But how true is it...
499 6 17
You just broke up with your boyfriend of one year. He broke up with his horrible girlfriend Will your old feelings come back or will heartbreak vis...
257 27 14
New season with new characters. Between Love and War, what will you do if you found out that your greatest love are your enemy? Will you accept that...