the writer // harry styles au

By pezwards

In which Harry Styles, a young, successful writer, falls in love with Alexis Russel, but does it the wrong wa... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chaper 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
sequel?
sequel (pt. 2)

chapter 37

2.5K 108 9
By pezwards

Two months later, Alexis is busying herself with wedding admin, trying to keep her mind off Harry, which has been working. Will was also being the perfect fiancé, not pressuring her into anything, always finding ways to tear her away from their wedding magazine covered dining table to take her to bed and get her mind off things for a while before she snuck out of bed again, a slight tug of regret at her heart, to bury herself in planning. 

Harry had been constantly battling a voice in his head. (Not a crazy person voice, more of a subconcious with it's priorities in order.) He'd never figured out when the best time to whisk Alexis off her feet was. He'd been back to the hospital a few times, bumped into her dad, and had found out that his chance was slowly closing. The wedding was in a week, and he was battling with himself (and Zayn) to figure out whether going to beg for her back was the right idea. 

Harry

I knew Alexis' bacherlorette party was tonight. It was all heading to an end, my chance of getting her getting smaller and smaller. I knew I shouldn't be making this so complicated, and I should have let her go a long time ago, but I want to make up for my mistake, for calling her Alice. I just want her now. I don't care if the book is a best seller, it's not what I want.  

I was sitting in my living room, eating day old chinese food, watching the only thing on TV that wasn't terrible. My phone started vibrating in my pocket, a hideous ringtone that I really needed to change chiming at the same time. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Harry? This is Jessica Kate, I'm Alexis' friend." Woah. 

"I'm confused as to why you're calling. She's getting married and-"

"She wants you," Jessica interrupted. "She's being stubborn. She won't leave Will because she feels obliged to stay. She said it'd be different if you came to her, though." 

She seemed desperate over the phone, like she needed me to do something. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't just the push I needed. I had been trying to deny that Alexis wanted me after the night WIll punched me, but deep down I knew she did want me, that I was what she craved, just like she was for me. 

"Come down to the club Havana, it's Lex's bacherlorette party tonight. Whisk her away." Jessica then hung up the phone.

I didn't want to mull over the situation; I just wanted to get in my car and get to Alexis. I'm not into the universe working in certain ways and all that crap, because if the universe really did work in a certain way, planning all these things for a reason, all the fucking curve balls it sent that fucked up my relationship with Alexis sure as hell better be worth it. Maybe tonight will be the thing that makes everything clear. 

***

I was battling my way through the crowd of people that littered the dark, coloured fluorescent light littered street. Each person seemed to either be smoking or waiting for someone, maybe smoking and waiting. It was disgusting, running though these streets, attempting to avoid being burnt with the end of someone's cigarette. 

The cold air was pressing hard against my skin, whipping and stirring. The atmosphere of where I found myself was not pleasant. I hated going out. All the trouble of getting dressed but approporiate for whatever weather but still acceptable in a club was way more stressful than it needed to be. I was never good at being out of my comfort zone, either, always finding myself just retreating to a seated spot where I could drink. Alone. 

I had become regretful of my idea of crashing Alexis's bachelorette party. Wouldn't there be penis shape paraphernalia everywhere? I would be so out of my depth. I don't even know what her friend Jessica looks like! The idea of seeing Alexis most probably drunk and drinking a martini with a penis straw wasn't ideal. Maybe I should just go home, try her again tomorrow. 

"Harry Styles?" I heard a female voice call out. A warm hand pressed against my bicep. I turned to find a tall girl, almost my height, black hair almost disappereding in the night. "I'm Jessica. Figured you'd be outside somewhere. Come in." Her head jerked back, motioning towards the door. I willing moved with her through the crowd and into the club. 

"I'm not sure what I'm doing. Should I take her somewhere or just bring her outside.." I started rambling, nervous. I had no clue what to do. I'm about to see her and I'm probably just going to stand infront of her, mind blank with no words leaving my mouth. 

"You'll know what to say when you see her," Jessica reassures me. 

She takes a sharp turn, guiding me to a more secluded part of the club. Music was stil blaring and people were still dancing, but there were roped off booths, all with different types of people in them - piggish men, tipsy twenty-somthings, et cetera. But over in the corner booth, pink and orange lights shone down onto a purple couch where someone so perfect sat. Brown fringe, a litte bit too long, covering her eyes, parted through the middle, and smile so wide, yet lacking something. The curls of her hair rested on her bare shoulders, flinging back and forth as she laughed and talked to her friends. I didn't want to interupt something so beautiful, so full of life, someone that looked happy. If I had found myself at a club and Alexis was there but I didn't have any relation with her, I would have found myself staring from a distance, totally mesmerised but her beuty. 

"Jessica," I said, "I'm not sure I should intrude. She looks so happy, don't let me ruin this evening for her." 

Jessica turned around to look at me, seeming like she was about to yell some sense into me, and I was ready for it. But before she could, I saw Alexis's face, shocked, no longer happy as it was before. My face fell blank, I had no idea what to do. Jessica must have noticed my face fall, because she'd held back on talking. 

Alexis stood from the purple couch and pushed her way past her friends legs. She didn't seem angry, not in the way I'd seen before. Her face looked soft, like she couldn't believe I was here. Our eyes never left each others as she pushed her way through the many people scattered across the tiled floor. 

When she reached me and Jessica, she immediatly summoned her away with a simple, "Jess. Go." 

She stepped in close to me and I could smell the alcohol on her breath. She didn't seem tipsy. Would the alcohol in her system change how this situation would play out? He eyes were the bluest I've ever seen them, a dark ring around them with a light blue throughout the rest. I would stare at them forever. I had always like brown eyes before Alexis. Eyes that were brown with splashes of copper throughout them always seemed to catch my eye. But Alexis had changed that for me. Because I fucking love her. 

"I want to say I'm happy for you being here, but that's bad of me," Alexis said. My heart rate seemed to quicken. She wasn't mad at me for being here. "You say it."

"Huh?" I questioned. 

She seemed to be much closer to me than I had first thought. I had been so busy focused on her blue eyes that I didn't notice the way she'd corageously stepped in close to my body, allowing our chests to touch. We didn't have to yell over the music because we were that close. 

"Say you're happy to be here. Happy to see me," she rehiterated. 

I took a deep breath, bringing my hand up to her face, running my close fingers down from her temple to chin. I held her chin in my hand lightly, focusing it up to me. This seemed to brazen of us. We were so fucked up, holy crap. She leaves me for WIll - twice - and two months later I'm standing in a club with her body flush to mine, holding her chin up to look at me like I'm about to kiss her soft, probably slightly over chapped, lips. 

"I'm always happy to see you. Even after everything," I told her. 

She looks at me so carefully, eyes slowly grazing across my face, examining, appreciating. She smiles and leans in closer, and I can feel her grin against my chest. I want to pull her lips up to mine and then take her away, make her forget about the promise she made to Will, to get her to make a promise to me. 

"How much have you had to drink?" I asked. I didn't want to take advantage of her if she'd had too much to drink. It wouldn't be worth it. 

"Just one martini. We only got here about twenty minutes ago." Her words aren't drowsy like they would be if she were drunk. 

"Can you come with me?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes, hoping she'd allow me to kiss and touch her all night. 

"That's all I want to do right now," she said. Then we were off, out of the stuffy, coloured club and onto the cold street, ready to disappear. 

(A/N: hi guys!! i'm so sorry it's been ages since i updated. i've had major writers block. anyway, i hope you enjoy! please comment and vote - it means the world to me!! you guys can follow me on tumblr and instagram if you like, too! tumblr: onedirectiorn; instagram: pezward!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 782 25
An abusive, possessive boyfriend keeping Katie Rudd trapped until she meets Harry Styles on a vacation. Harry Styles fan fic
4.5K 448 64
Harry is a celebrity that happened to get kidnapped by a teenage fan girl and she ends up letting him go But Harry comes back to her realizing that...
55.4K 1K 92
A Harry Styles fanfic
26K 807 17
Harry and Ellie finally have a chance. They're both finally free of outside obligations and in a good place. A mental state that makes the relationsh...