chapter 37

Two months later, Alexis is busying herself with wedding admin, trying to keep her mind off Harry, which has been working. Will was also being the perfect fiancé, not pressuring her into anything, always finding ways to tear her away from their wedding magazine covered dining table to take her to bed and get her mind off things for a while before she snuck out of bed again, a slight tug of regret at her heart, to bury herself in planning. 

Harry had been constantly battling a voice in his head. (Not a crazy person voice, more of a subconcious with it's priorities in order.) He'd never figured out when the best time to whisk Alexis off her feet was. He'd been back to the hospital a few times, bumped into her dad, and had found out that his chance was slowly closing. The wedding was in a week, and he was battling with himself (and Zayn) to figure out whether going to beg for her back was the right idea. 

Harry

I knew Alexis' bacherlorette party was tonight. It was all heading to an end, my chance of getting her getting smaller and smaller. I knew I shouldn't be making this so complicated, and I should have let her go a long time ago, but I want to make up for my mistake, for calling her Alice. I just want her now. I don't care if the book is a best seller, it's not what I want.  

I was sitting in my living room, eating day old chinese food, watching the only thing on TV that wasn't terrible. My phone started vibrating in my pocket, a hideous ringtone that I really needed to change chiming at the same time. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Harry? This is Jessica Kate, I'm Alexis' friend." Woah. 

"I'm confused as to why you're calling. She's getting married and-"

"She wants you," Jessica interrupted. "She's being stubborn. She won't leave Will because she feels obliged to stay. She said it'd be different if you came to her, though." 

She seemed desperate over the phone, like she needed me to do something. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't just the push I needed. I had been trying to deny that Alexis wanted me after the night WIll punched me, but deep down I knew she did want me, that I was what she craved, just like she was for me. 

"Come down to the club Havana, it's Lex's bacherlorette party tonight. Whisk her away." Jessica then hung up the phone.

I didn't want to mull over the situation; I just wanted to get in my car and get to Alexis. I'm not into the universe working in certain ways and all that crap, because if the universe really did work in a certain way, planning all these things for a reason, all the fucking curve balls it sent that fucked up my relationship with Alexis sure as hell better be worth it. Maybe tonight will be the thing that makes everything clear. 

***

I was battling my way through the crowd of people that littered the dark, coloured fluorescent light littered street. Each person seemed to either be smoking or waiting for someone, maybe smoking and waiting. It was disgusting, running though these streets, attempting to avoid being burnt with the end of someone's cigarette. 

The cold air was pressing hard against my skin, whipping and stirring. The atmosphere of where I found myself was not pleasant. I hated going out. All the trouble of getting dressed but approporiate for whatever weather but still acceptable in a club was way more stressful than it needed to be. I was never good at being out of my comfort zone, either, always finding myself just retreating to a seated spot where I could drink. Alone. 

I had become regretful of my idea of crashing Alexis's bachelorette party. Wouldn't there be penis shape paraphernalia everywhere? I would be so out of my depth. I don't even know what her friend Jessica looks like! The idea of seeing Alexis most probably drunk and drinking a martini with a penis straw wasn't ideal. Maybe I should just go home, try her again tomorrow.