chapter 1

Harry

I push my chair back behind the old desk and move towards the owner of the bookstore. The woman looks about 60 (although I don't tend to have the best estimating skills) and has grey-blonde hair tied in an almost knot at the top of her spine. I shake her hand, thanking her for inviting me to do a book signing. She looks almost flustered, which makes me uncomfortable. I acknowledge the fact that she is jittery and try take from that, so I offer her a signed copy of my book to make her more comfortable, which she gladly accepts.

I start towards the shop door, excited to finally leave the ancient bookstore. As I open the door, a young woman crashes into me, almost falling to the floor, but thanks to me I was able to steady her and lift her back to her normal posture. She's moving the books she has held close to her chest to get them to stop almost-falling to the ground. She tidies her dark brown fringe to the front of her forehead. She's gorgeous. Book character gorgeous. Her heads moves up to look at me and her wide, hazel eyes almost bulge out of her head.

"You're Harry Styles, the author of 'In the Night'," she staggers out.

I go to answer her and let out a shaky breath, "That's me." I sport an awkward wave and she lets out an ugly giggle, but I can't help but find it so.. attractive? She's tilting her head to the side to get a look at all the spines of her books before her manicured-blue - hands pull out my book. She looks up at me tentatively and nudges the book in my direction.

"Would you mind signing it? I know the signing has finished but your books is one of my favourites and now it's even more appealing because you're so... young. It makes you come across as even more of an amazing author. You know, most authors don't published their first book before they're 30. And you were publish at 20, right? That's a ten year advance on your career!" She seems more confident than she did before. I like that she doesn't feel threatened by me. Most people think that because I'm so young and a successful author I must be stuck up and shallow. I don't believe I am; my mum doesn't think so either.

I take the book from her grip and open the cover. She turns around to offer me her back to rest on but I politely decline. I start to write, but I don't know who to address it to.

"What was your name?" I ask. Her head is tilted to the side as she stares almost lovingly at me. She seems to be in some sort of trance. "Um.. Is it.. Jessica?" I tease.

She shakes out of her trance and shakes her head while letting out that little giggle or hers.

"Nope. Want to guess again?" She teases back. I like that she doesn't find me intimidating. Most people do. They think that the fact I've reached my success so early I'm arrogant and air-headed, and I'm not; that's what my mother says, anyway.

"Rachel?" She shakes her head no. "Phoebe?" Again, a no. "Monica?"

She bends over laughing this, again, attractive laugh. Her books are clutched to her chest as she flicks her hair back to talk to me again.

"Now you're just naming the Friends girls!" she says.

"Well I have no clue as to what your name is." I nudge at her. I feel as if I need to know her name. I feel like I need to know everything; her favourite book, colour, clothing store. Anything.

"Alexis," she finally answers. I repeat her name to myself, it rolls off my tongue like I was meant to say it everyday for the rest of my life. Alexis. I could call her Alex, Ally, Lex. I, personally, like Ally. I start writing the note to her, trying to be as charming as possible, but it's hard when she's right next to me making me jittery as hell.

To the gorgeous Alexis,

You make me jitter more than a mad man in a singlet and shorts in the middle of winter. You make me smile more than I have since my sister, accidently, flashed her undies at my mum's wedding. And last of all, you give me hope that you'll call this number at 7 o'clock tonight so I can ask you out for tomorrow night, at 7 o'clock.

Very kind regards, Harry.

"I believe this is yours?" I say.

"It is indeed," she replies back, smiling at me somewhat seductively. She takes the book back in her hands and bobs up and down strangely before walking further into the book store, opening the book to read the note.

As I'm about to leave the bookstore, I turn around to catch one last glance at this gorgeous girl. When I do, she turns around, right on queue, with an astonished look on her face. I smile brightly at her before turning around and exiting the bookstore, leaving behind the most amazing girl I've ever laid eyes on.

(A/N: Hi! I'm Georgia (do people say their names in author's notes?) and I hope whoever's reading this is enjoying it! I know, so far, no one is reading but if you do make sure to vote and comment! xxx)

(A/N:) PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU FOUND THIS FANFIC FROM TIKTOK! And send me the link if you still have it! Happy reading 🥰)