You And I (A Zayn Malik Fanfi...

By Arpita010

Love is a bond that can untangle all the knots. Love is a feeling that can heal the pain that has existed for... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Author's Note
Chapter 11.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Author's Note.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Author's Note.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Epilogue.

Chapter 12.

1.1K 26 2
By Arpita010

Zara's POV.

*Okay dear! Have a safe journey!:)*

I smiled to myself as I read his reply. He's so cute!

I sighed in relief as I relaxed into my seat. I felt a lot better now, after being with Zayn. Maybe it was because I cried out all my pain, all those things that were troubling me. I felt a sense of ease in my heart when I melted into his arms.

Yes I love him, I love him very much.

The way Zayn was there for me today, made me happy. I was happy from within, even though the thoughts of my parents' divorce had not stopped upsetting me.

I can't wait to see Mom. I've always been closer to my Mom, since Dad didn't live with us much because of his tours outside the city.

Mom had always been the strongest woman I ever came across. The way she handled everything when Dad was away only increased my respect for her. I was often left in awe at her skills in being 'perfect'.

I haven't talked to Dad yet about this matter. I will as soon as I get home.

I looked down at my phone to check the time. It's midnight. 2 more hours to go and I'll be home.

But that didn't excite me. Going home after you hear your Mom crying over the phone doesn't excite you, it only increases your tension.

.....

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've landed in Boston. Thank you for travelling with International Airlines. Have a great day. ", I heard the air hostess over the speakers.

I unfastened my seat belt and stood up to walk towards the door.

I switched on my phone when I reached the entry gate after collecting my luggage, and a text message popped up.

*Reached home? :) *

It was Zayn. I decided to call Mom first because she was to pick me up from the airport.

"Hey Mom! I've reached the airport. You're coming? ", I spoke into the phone.

"Yeah baby I'll be there in five minutes."

Thank God airport was so close to my home.

I decided to call Zayn meanwhile.

I dialled his number, but he didn't pick up.

I saw the time, it was 3am now.

Of course, he would be fast asleep right now.

Just then I felt my phone vibrate.
Zayn calling..

My heart skipped a beat when his name appeared on the screen.

"Hey! You're awake? ", I said into the phone.

" Yeah, I was just waiting for your call..", he said, in his sleepy voice that sounded way too sexy.

I smiled at my thoughts and answered him, "Oh! Well I've reached the airport and Mom is coming to pick me up in a few minutes! So you can go back to sleep now!", I said in a happy tone.

The fact that Zayn had been waiting for my call for so long made me feel butterflies in my stomach.

"Yeah okay! Good night babe! "

Did he just call me babe?

" I'm sorry, good night Zara! ", he spoke back quickly, as if he realized that him calling me babe was not right, but the truth was that I loved it when I heard him call me that.

" Yeah, good night Zayn! ", I replied.

" Bye!"

"Bye Zayn! ", and I hung up the phone.

He is such a sweetheart, and I couldn't stop blushing.

" Zara!! "

I turned around to find Mom standing a few feet from me, with her arms wide spread, waiting for me to run to her and hug her tight.

I smiled wide and ran to her.

"Mom!! It's so good to see you!! ", I squealed, as I hugged her tight.

" Same here darling! ", she said to me, pulling away and planting a kiss on my forehead.

It was then that I saw it.

Pain.

It was all evident on her face. Her eyes had developed dark circles. She's been crying a lot.

Smile vanished from my face as I remembered all that Mom had told me.

I hugged her back after kissing her on the cheek.

"How are you Mom?", I asked her, worry evident in my voice.

"Well we could do this at home right? It's freezing out here and I don't want you to get sick! Come let's go home. ", she said to me, as she pulled away, giving me a half smile.

I smiled back at her," Yeah let's go! "

We climbed into the car and drove back home.

...

" Go have a tight sleep baby, it's already very late at night! ", Mom called out to me from the kitchen as I made myself comfortable on the couch after changing into my pyjamas.

" But I don't feel sleepy right now! ", I said to her. Honestly speaking I wanted to talk to her, and I wanted to do it right now.

"I know why you aren't going to sleep, we can talk in the morning dear?", Mom said to me as she came and sat beside me, bringing my coffee along.

I took a sip of my coffee and snuggled into Mom.

"I'll sleep in your room today. ", I said to her as she caressed my cheek.

"Okay! Finish your coffee, we'll go to bed then!", she said with a half smile.

It felt good here, next to my Mom. I felt so safe, the same feeling that came to me when I was wrapped up in Zayn's arms.

I finished my coffee in five minutes and climbed out of the couch to keep the cup in the kitchen.

Mom went to bed meanwhile and I took my phone from the desk and went to her room.

I went through the texts that Zayn sent me again and again, smiling to myself, as I lay down in bed next to Mom.

Does Zayn feel the same for me? Does he think of me in that way?

I was lost in his thoughts when I heard something.

I turned to face Mom, and found her sobbing.

This hurts.

Seeing your Mom like this, actually hurts.

"Mom? ", I said to her as I brought ny hand to her forehead, and caressed it.

" I'm sorry dear, just go back to sleep.", she said to me, wiping the tears off her face.

"Mom, we can talk about it right now."

I waited for her to say something, but her tears were saying it all.

"What happened between the two of you Mom? Why all of a sudden have you two decided to separate? You guys have been so adorable! What happened Mom, please tell me? ", I exclaimed, looking to her for an answer.

She sat up in her place and started explaining everything.

" Zara, I need you to listen to me okay, please don't say anything before I finish up okay? And yeah, don't ever forget that Jack loves his little princess okay? ", she looked into my eyes, looking for an agreement from my side.

I nodded. What is it about Dad?

"Okay, your Dad is going for a second marriage with a girl that works on his office."

I was dumbstruck. I stared at her with my eyes wide open.

Dad? Dad is doing this?

Thousands of questions ran through my mind, that I wanted to ask, but I didn't speak a word.

"Sweetie, please don't judge him okay, there must have been a lack of efforts from my side I guess, "

Mom tried her best to hold in her tears but they just didn't stop.

I stood up on my knees and hugged her tight.

I didn't know what to say to her. I was completely shocked. So just being with her at this time, listening to her, seemed to be the best option.

I careesed her back as she told me the entire thing, how Dad started ignoring Mom earlier this year. He didn't answer her calls all the time, he didn't even call back many times. On her birthday, Dad was the last one to wish her, when he should have been the first one.

The day I left for my college was when Dad told Mom everything.

I need to talk to Dad. How can he do this to Mom?? She has always been there for him! I still remember when Dad was ill a few weeks back, Mom spent so many sleepless nights just to take care of him.

And he is giving this to her in return?

Mom pulled away when her tears started drying out.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I love him so much, that is what hurts the most. ", Mom said with a cracky voice.

"It's okay Mom, i'll talk to Dad in the morning."

"Please don't argue with him dear, I don't want you to ruin your relationship with him because of me. And yeah, maybe this is the best thing for both of us right now. ", Mom said the same thing that Zayn said to me a few hours ago.

"I'll talk to him.", I told Mom as I wiped the tears off her face.

I have to talk to Dad about this. I'll do everything I can to save their relationship. Everything.

"Get some sleep now, its almost morning, ", Mom said to me as she started lying down.

" Yeah. ", I nodded and tried my best to fall asleep.

But I just couldn't stop thinking about all the things that Mom just told me.

(hey guys :) how was your Christmas? Hope you all had lots of fun and got lots of presents ;) x haha.. well thanku for reading this chapter! Don't forget to vote n commnt below plz, they mean a lot to me :) love you all xo)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 164 15
Meet Riley brooks. Age 18. She was bullied her hole school life so she is shy round people but that's not the only reason shes shy, Riley's beaten by...
57.1K 2.2K 36
His words make my heart breaks into million pieces but I can't let him walk over me as always I have to speak. "Zayn your not only one who is force...
119K 4.7K 45
"I'm sorry babe but......I have fatal disease" he said looking down in sadness. "wh-at?......wh-at dise-ase?! what are you talking about?!" she said...
28.8K 1.4K 39
HARRY STYLES A man that is known to be the biggest tycoon in the world. He owns the chain of restaurant and Casino. But what no one knows is...