The Half to my Whole

By Asuki17

Leo Manoban Bruschweiler or just known as Leo Manoban to his close friends, acquaintances and family. He is a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Teaser/Trailer
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Not an Update(But i will soon) ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Special Chapter
New Stories!
Special Chapter 2
New story- Tipping over the hourglass

Chapter 33

1.2K 30 3
By Asuki17

LEO

Seoul, South Korea

7:00 PM

          My hands are clammy and my whole body is sweating with nervousness. We're currently driving to the YG building for a meeting with the CEO. I felt like my brain was going haywire from the current situation especially when Jennie told me that her boss wanted to meet with us.

"Stay calm Leo, I'll be there with you." Chai assured, his eyes never leaving the road.

I sighed, "I'm trying Chai, my heartbeat ain't listening to me though."

Not even a moment later, Chai parked his car in front of YG's building. Once we went inside the building, my sister, Jennie and the rest of the girls were waiting for us with Jennie immediately enveloping me in a tight hug, her nose nuzzled on the crook of my neck as I felt her inhale my scent.

"I'm sorry this happened." I whispered, my voice muffled by her hair as I inhale her strawberry scent that is coated on her brunette locks.

I felt her shake her head, "No, it's not your fault, it's Kai's." 

I pulled away and lock my gaze on the girls that looked nervous for us, my sister then hugged me and patted my back soothingly.

"It's gonna be fine and no matter what, just be strong, not just for you but also for Jennie." she stated sternly and I nod, feeling a bit determined.

Rosé and Jisoo also hugged me and gave me encouraging whispers of advises before moving on to hug Jennie. Once they were done Jennie looked at me intently before giving me a small smile of encouragement.

"Let's go?"

"Yeah." I replied before grasping her hand and went inside the elevator.

A 'ding' sound could be heard before the elevator door opens. I gulped the huge lump on my throat before I gave Jennie's hand one last squeeze before releasing it, instantly missing her soft hands on mine. We stepped out of the small space and me and Chai followed Jennie and her manager until we reached a particular door.

Jennie turned her head to me while her hand grasped the doorknob, "Are you ready?"

I nod.

It's now or never.

Jennie knocked before she twisted the doorknob open, revealing a huge office space with Mr. Yang sitting on his desk with a file on hand.

"Jennie please sit, you too Mr. Brüschweiler and Mr. Sali." Mr. Yang instructed firmly yet politely without even looking at us as he was focused on the file on his hand.

We complied and sat on the chairs that is in front of his desk that he is currently using, and once we did, he lifted his head and puts down the file or whatever that is before locking his eyes in each one of us.

"I presume all of you already know what this meeting is for?" Mr. Yang asked and we all nod before his eyes directed to both Chai and I, "And I also apologize for this sudden meeting without informing your company before hand, if you get into trouble because of that I will take responsibility."

"No, it's fine Mr. Yang, we understand how dire this situation is so no need to apologize." Chai responded.

Mr. Yang nods, "Okay, allow me to get down to business, are you two dating?" he asked, his eyes darting between me and Jennie who's sitting right across of me, her manager beside her.

Jennie and my eyes locked, silently talking to each other through it before we turned to her boss,

"Yes." we answered the same time.

He does not look surprised, in fact, his expression remained stoic. He leaned his back on his seat as he stares at us.

"How long has this been going on?"

"For a few weeks Mr. Yang." I answered for the both of us.

He hummed before he opened his mouth, "Mr. Brüschweiler, you're the little brother of Lisa right? So did she both set you up?" his eyes slightly narrowed.

I quickly shook my head, "No, not at all Mr. Yang. I never even met the girls until recently and a relationship was not a part of my plan...... well not until Jennie came along." I smiled at her and she bit her lip to suppress a smile while her cheeks were tinted red.

"I see, and I recall you and Jennie were partnered together for the photoshoot of M fashion line, were you already together when the photoshoot started?"

"Not yet Mr. Yang." I answered again.

Good thing, I drank a calming pill before this. Man, meeting with bosses were never my thing ever since then.

 He nodded and turned his attention to Jennie,  "Jennie I hope you're aware that you just violated a rule on your contract that, 'There will be no dating for 3 years'  and this scandal would definitely affect your image." Mr. Yang stated.

My eyebrows furrowed.

Bitch what? Bruh, you literally forced her to have a relationship with that damn dog and you have the audacity to tell her that she violated it when in her first relationship, you ignored it for the sake of attention!

I swallowed the words that's about to charge him like a bull. Chai noticed, and soothingly pats my back like a real dad who knows how to calm his raging son that's about to throw another tantrum.

Jennie remained silent 'cause she and I both know there will be more sermon from Mr. Yang. 

"Though I understand that you both are young and feelings could not be stopped but it does not change the fact that you violated a rule on the contract."

Okay, that's it. She made it look like Jennie was the only one at fault here.

"You forced her to be in a fake relationship Mr. Yang." I stated coldly, my eyes narrowing.

They all whipped their heads on me, their eyes widen in shock, especially Jennie. They didn't expect me to snap huh, yeah well I don't care, Mr. Yang was bullying my woman like she was at fault because she's inlove. 

"Leo." Chai hissed, warning me.

"No Chai, I won't allow him to talk to Jennie even if he's the boss of her." I snapped as I whipped my attention to a shocked Mr. Yang, "I'm sorry, not sorry if I'm being rude to you but that's just too much. You're talking like Jennie is at fault when clearly, you just forced her in a fake relationship in the first place! So don't tell us shit that she violated the 'no dating rule' " I made the quote gesture with my hands to emphasize my point.

Mr. Yang glared at me as he crossed his arms over his chest with an evil smirk placed on his lips, "You're quite a gutsy young man eh? Not even Jennie nor Kai stood up or snapped at me, I'll give you a point for that." He then chuckled, "I like you but Jennie and Kai had reasons---"

"Yeah to be your popularity and money bank and sorry I don't like you, I'm not gay and I have Jennie." I stated and Chai gave me a warning pinch on my side but he's clearly suppressing his laugh based on the way he bit his lip and I would've laughed at my own joke if I was not too pissed off right now.

Jennie's eyes grew wider, if possible as she bit her lip before covering her lips with her hand to stop herself from laughing, even her manager looked away as his shoulders were shaking from suppressed laughter.

Instead of being pissed at me, Mr. Yang was quite amused, his glare was now gone as it was replaced with amusement on it while his smirk grew wider.

"You do not need to worry Leo, I'm straight as a ruler. You piqued my interest but this does not mean I approve of the both of you dating. So this is what we're gonna do, I want both of you to appear on Runningman and if the rating is good, I would approve of you both dating and if it is not, you both will break up whether you like it or not. Jennie's popularity would be greatly affected because of this scandal as there are many obsessed and possessive fans and that's what we're always careful for and now, if they learned that their idol is dating someone, everything will go to hysterics. That's why if your relationship is worth the company protecting for, then prove it in the show. Once we receive the ratings and if it would be good, we would announce that you guys are dating and I would ignore the dating ban that is written on Jennie's contract." Mr. Yang stated, with clear conviction.

My eyes widen, well, it's not a bad deal but the only thing is..... I don't like appearing on TV! I'm not like my sister, I don't like stardom even though I'm a model but models are only posted on billboards and are occasionally on TV for ads so it's different from actually appearing on a variety show more than a few seconds but this is for me and Jennie so if I have to do it, I will.

"So what do you guys both say?" Mr. Yang raised an eyebrow.

"Boss can me and Leo talk about it first?" Jennie asked politely.

Mr. Yang looked at her for a second before nodding, "Okay, but I expect an answer by tomorrow morning. The producers of the show need confirmation as soon as possible. That would be all, you all can go now." 

Jennie immediately pulled my hand, dragging me outside, both our managers following right behind us. We were settled in the corner of the hallway where there were no prying eyes so we were good and once we did, she smacked me on the arm making me groan,

"What was that for!?" I whined as I rub the spot she hit me.

"That was for making me laugh all of a sudden and in front of my boss too!" She snapped but there's a lingering amusement in her eyes that told me otherwise.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed playfully, "Oh please, your boss is a stuck up, he deserved it."

She sighed, folding her arms over her chest, "Well you're right about that...." she mumbled.

I lift an eyebrow and smirked, "See."

She smacked me once again making me wince, "Let's leave that conversation for later and let's get down to the main one. What do you think of my boss' proposal? I want you to be honest with me, we're gonna decide this together. If you don't want to do it, we could ask him to give us alternatives to prove ourselves and not risk your privacy."

I grasped her hands, rubbing the skin soothingly as I smile. She knows that I'm not exactly comfortable being on TV for more than a few seconds and even though this deal could be a simple yes for her, she didn't disregard me and this is what a relationship for me is all about. You have to consult each other, to trust one another and not overlook them because every piece of each other makes a relationship, like a missing half in order to complete a whole.

"No, it's fine babe, I'll do it. It's by far the simplest that I never expected the condition to be like that, the only thing we have to think about is for it to have high ratings." I sighed as I leaned my forehead to hers, our noses almost touching, " I can't risk not being with you, it will kill me but it doesn't mean it won't happen. I want you to promise me if this thing doesn't work out, I want you to not do rash things that could harm you and just trust me. " I breathed out.

She frowned and was about to open her mouth but I cut her off, "Please.... just trust me. I don't want you to destroy or risk your career for me. I want you to wait for me if it happens."

She sighed and gave me a lingering kiss on my lips, "Okay, I'll trust you."

I smiled gratefully and picked her up, twirling her around that rewarded me cute fits of giggles.

"I love you." I said sincerely as I settle her down.

"I I love you too Leo." Jennie replied with the same sincerity and affection.

And with that, we sealed it with another kiss just like an ending from a fairy tale book that's about to close with one last page.

Don't worry this is not the end, but this story is almost gonna be done though. I hope you enjoy this chap and the remaining chaps as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

501K 15K 56
When Chaeyoung starts to realize her feelings for her best friend Lisa, what will become of their friendship? What will become of their girl group Bl...
1.1M 30K 68
"I'm afraid that telling you this will ruin our friendship, but I can't help myself any longer. I can't hide these feelings any longer. I'm madly in...
227K 5.4K 40
There's unexpected event that we can meet our special someone from the past, that's the work of fate. But sometimes, there's someone and something th...
36.6K 1.3K 40
50% true life events, 50% imagination Two brokenhearted strangers unexpectedly meet in a foreign country. Beautiful friendship blossomed and turned i...