Dueling for Answers ~ YuGiOh...

Von XinaFey

Ranks: #1 in yugioh5ds (Dec 4, 2019) #1 in crowhogan #1 in yuseifudo (Dec 10... Mehr

Prologue
Chapter 1: Going Back
Chapter 2: Black Rose
Chapter 3: Mysterious Girl Revealed Part One
Chapter 4: Mysterious Girl Revealed Part Two
Chapter 5: Old Friends
Chapter 6: Speeding
Chapter 7: Spirit World
Chapter 8: Offers
Chapter 9: Revenge
Chapter 10: Sunshine and Roses
Chapter 11: You Have Some Explaining to Do
Chapter 12: Crimson Dragon and A Pair of Evil Eyes
Chapter 13: Strange Dream
Chapter 14: Darkness in Satellite
Chapter 15: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 16: Campfire Stories
Chapter 17: Shadow Duel of the Dark Signer Part One
Chapter 18: Shadow Duel of the Dark Signer Part Two
Chapter 19: Shadow Duel of the Dark Signer Part Three
Chapter 20: Healing
Chapter 21: Helping Akiza
Chapter 22: More Information
Chapter 23: Process
Chapter 24: Dinner with Martha
Chapter 25: Dark Spider
Chapter 26: My Fault
Chapter 27: Ancient Fairy Dragon Returns
Chapter 28: Duel with the Giant Part One
Chapter 29: Duel with the Giant Part Two
Chapter 30: Ener-D Reactor
Chapter 31: It Isn't Over Yet
Chapter 32: Finding Out the Truth
Chapter 33: Goodwin?
Chapter 34: The Missing Page
Chapter 35: Battle of the Marks Part One
Chapter 36: Battle of the Marks Part Two
Chapter 37: New Start
Chapter 38: Stubborn vs Stubborn
Chapter 39: Trouble at the Gala
Chapter 40: The Stray Genius
Chapter 41: The Shy Dove
Chapter 42: Duel for Control
Chapter 43: Unintentional
Chapter 44: Andre vs Xina
Chapter 45: Unexpressed Feelings
Chapter 46: Their Slick Play
Chapter 47: Quick Round
Chapter 48: Cosmic Sun Flare
Chapter 49: Bliss Conquers
Chapter 50: Catastrophe
Chapter 51: Motive
Chapter 52: Aftermath
Chapter 53: Strange Eyes
Chapter 54: A Wizard Saved Us!
Chapter 55: Ezor
Chapter 56: Vent
Chapter 58: Xina's Downfall
Chapter 59: Impact
Chapter 60: Peak of Destruction
Chapter 61: Who Are You?
Chapter 62: Xina's Origin
Chapter 63: My Shooting Star
Chapter 64: Die For You

Chapter 57: Disaster Strikes

741 18 4
Von XinaFey

Previously

The lights suddenly shut off catching everyone off guard. The only light source that was in the room was the moonlight shining through the window.

Ezor felt uneasy as coldness rushes through his veins. He thinks, It's him..

The large window doors flung open as strong gusts of wind rush inside, blowing everything. They look outside to see dark, thick clouds filling the night sky as they formed into a spiral. It caught everyone off guard as Crow questions, "What's going on!?"

"It's like what happened at the park! The weather suddenly changed out of nowhere!" Luna responds, shouting through the rough winds that were blowing inside.

Blister and Martha quickly reacted as they rush over to the kids. Blister tells the children, "Go to your rooms."

Xina then felt her head pounding, making her grasp her head with her hands tightly. She groans as she felt her moon mark glowing.

As Blister and Martha get the kids to their rooms, the team runs outside to see what was going on. Ezor held onto his now glowing staff firmly as he watched the clouds form into a spiral. Xina felt her head stop pounding suddenly but her mark was still glowing.

She wonders, Usually when that happens, I see images of the future. How come I didn't see any now?

Then black smog began to form into a figure of a man. Two violet and green orbs with red smoky flare at the ends began to glow, which appeared to look like eyes. Xina's eyes widened at the sight of it as she mutters,

"Yōkai."

Disaster Strikes

The dark, thick clouds continue to move in a spiral as lightning erupted in them. The sound of the thunder vibrates the ground as the winds were becoming stronger. The sudden outburst of the unusual weather eventually calms down slightly.

The team and Ezor stood outside of Martha's home, staring at the dark figure that stands in front of them. Martha and Blister were still inside with the children. Yusei, Jack, Crow, Akiza and the twins Signer marks began to glow, making them look down at their forearms. Dove's mark of the three falling feathers on her arm began to glow as well. However, Xina's sun and moon marks didn't glow, which confused her. But it was the least of her worries.

Ezor was first to speak, "You have some nerve to show up here!"

Yōkai smirks deviously at Ezor's statement. The black smoke continues to radiate off of his shadowed figure. He removes his stare from Ezor and looks at Xina.

Xina glares back at him to show no sign of weakness or fear, but deep down she was trembling. The smirk on his shadowed face disgusted her as she clenched her fists.

Suddenly, Luna's duel monster, Regulus, and Xina's duel monster, Sunset Lioness, appears in front of everyone before roaring at Yōkai.

Luna questions, "Regulus!? What are you doing?"

"We must protect them from Yōkai!" Regulus growls, ignoring Luna as he spoke to Sunset Lioness.

"I won't let you touch her or her friends! I failed my first master, I won't fail again!" Sunset Lioness bellows at Yōkai as she shows her teeth, threateningly.

"I'm not scared of you cats," Yōkai claims, narrowing his eyes at the two duel monsters.

"Sunset Lioness, Regulus!" Xina exclaims, staring at the two duel monsters that were standing protectively in front of her and her friends. "What's going on?!"

Regulus and Sunset Lioness don't respond to her as they continued to growl at Yōkai. This confused Xina and Luna.

"Why aren't they responding back to us!?" Luna questions, feeling worried and confused.

Ezor responds, "It's because they came to our world on their free will. Usually when this happens, they are forbidden to speak to humans and take care of any threat that is endangering the humans."

"So they can hear us, but can't respond?" Leo questions for clarification.

"Yes," Ezor nods.

Xina stares at her duel monster, Sunset Lioness, as she began to think, What did you mean when you said you failed your first master? You encountered Yōkai before?

"We can't let them go near Yōkai! He will hurt them like he did with our duel monsters!" Akiza claims worryingly.

Flashback to A Wizard Saved Us!

There was about seven pitch black, smokey wolves that surrounded them. They had two dark red orbs that looked like eyes staring at them. Low growls erupted from their throats. Then a low, deep voice speaks:

"Get them."

Akiza quickly reacts as she activated her duel disk. She placed a card down and shouts, "Witch of the Black Rose!" Akiza's duel monster, Witch of the Black Rose, appears as she began to wave her wand around at the shadowed dogs.

Luna decided help, even though she isn't a physic duelist like Akiza, and calls out, "Sunlight Unicorn!"

Leo also placed a card down on his duel disk before shouting, "Gadget Hauler!"

Dove does the same thing as she shouts, "Butterfly Fairy!"

The four duel monsters appear in front of them. They attempt to stop the shadowed wolves from attacking, but they stopped. They watch as their four duel monsters getting wrapped up in the black smog. The duel monsters cry out as they were trapped in dark smoke.

"They're in pain!" Luna cried out, hearing their voices since she was the only one who can understand what the duel monsters are saying.

"What is this? What are they doing to them!?" Akiza questions, getting confused with the situation they are in.

Then they hear that low, deep voice again. This time, they see it was coming from one of the shadowed beasts:

"Our shadows are filled with all kinds of fear in which they are experiencing right now."

Flashback ends

"We can't stop them or control their actions. But like I said, they can hear our voice which means they can hear our advice and will use it against him," Ezor explained.

Yōkai speaks again, "This is getting quite boring."

Then a few of the shadowed like beasts appear around them, making Regulus and Sunset Lioness growl fiercely. Soon, they all heard screams coming from Martha's home, making everyone look back at the house.

"The kids!" Crow shouted.

"Martha! Blister!" Jack bellowed.

Xina goes to run towards the house, but she was stopped by Light Centaur. Xina looks at her duel monster in shock as she lowly says, "Light Centaur?" Then, Wise Owl and Moonlight Stag appear as the two duel monsters rush inside the home. Soon after, the kids, Martha, and Blister rush out from inside with Wise Owl flying above them and Moonlight Stag carrying some of the children on his back.

"Are you guys okay?" Bruno asks Martha and Blister.

"We're fine thanks to Wise Owl," Blister tells him.

"These dark monsters appeared in our rooms," One of the boys tells them.

"And we almost got eaten by them!" One of the kids exclaim, shaking in fear.

One of the girls that was on Moonlight Stag's back cried, "I'm scared."

Yōkai sinister laugh echoes, making everyone's attention turn towards him. Xina felt her blood boil in anger as she shouts, "You find this is amusing!?"

"Oh, Xina. You don't know me at all, yet I know everything about you," Yōkai states darkly. He chuckles lowly, "I assume you don't even know who you really are."

Ezor knew exactly what he was talking about, causing him to think, Just as I feared.

Xina continued to glare at Yōkai while she thought, What is he talking about?

"What do you want from us!?" Yusei exclaimed at Yōkai.

Yōkai smirked at Yusei, making him feel uncomfortable under his dark gaze. "I want nothing from you useless Signers," Yōkai started. His gaze moves back to Xina, causing Sunset Lioness and Regulus to growl. "The only thing I want is her power," Yōkai stated, referring to Xina.

Xina felt sweat drip from her forehead as she mumbles, "My power?"

"Why do you want her power?" Yusei questioned.

That question made Yōkai laugh. His laugh sent shivers to everyone's spine. He then says, "You all are such fools! You all call yourself her friend yet you don't know who she really is and what she's capable of, and you all especially don't know where she came from... all except Ezor."

Xina turns to look at Ezor. She noticed the anger and frustration on his face as his staff was glowing a teal color. Ezor glare was focused on Yōkai. Xina asks, "What is he talking about, Ezor?"

Yōkai laughs again, making Xina look back at the shadowed man. "This is how you protected her, Ezor? Not telling her who she really is? How pathetic," Yōkai sneered.

"Do you know what he's talking about, Xina?" Luna asks her.

Xina responds, "No, I don't."

"This guy is bluffing. We know where Xina came from and she was from Satellite like Crow and I," Jack argued.

Martha speaks up, feeling guilty about this situation, "Actually she's not."

Xina, Crow, Jack, and Yusei look at Martha with wide eyes. Crow questioned, "What do you mean she's not from Satellite?"

"I found her like how I found Yusei, except I found her on the beach," Martha informed them.

"The beach?" Crow questioned.

Martha nods, "I am not sure myself that I know where she actually came from."

Xina started to feel light headed. She was confused and shocked at the same time. All these years, she thought she was born in Satellite. Now come to find out, she is from somewhere else. She began to question herself who she really is and began to wonder where she came from. She wanted answers, now!

Xina turns to look back at Yōkai before shouting, "If you know so much about me, then how about you start talking! Who am I? Where am I from? And why is my power so special for you to come here and threaten me and my friends!?"

"Xina, you must calm down," Ezor tries to tell her. Xina didn't realize it but she started to glow a faint yellow as her yellow eye and yellow streaks in her hair started to glow vibrantly.

"No! Don't tell me to calm down when you won't even tell me who I am! You keep telling me look for answers myself, and I try to! But every time I think I get close to finding something, I reach a dead end! Well guess what? I am tired of searching for answers, Ezor! I need to know who I am, now!" Xina shouts, feeling frustrated with what was happening. She felt anger course through her veins as heat began to radiate off of her body.

The shadowed beasts growled at Xina as they started to become blinded by her. One of them pounced towards her, making everyone's attention turn towards the beast. The kids scream in fear, but before the shadowed beast could touch Xina, Sunset Lioness tackles the black beast. The two fought as they bit and clawed each other.

Regulus steps in as he pulls the black beast off of Sunset Lioness. The other shadowed beast slowly start surrounding the two duel monsters, growling. Sunset Lioness and Regulus growl back.

Yōkai took a few steps forward as he says, "Even my shadows are growing impatient."

Ezor made his staff glow brighter as he thinks, I promised them I would protect their daughter, and that's exactly what I am going to do.

Light Centaur stands protectively in front of Xina, who was still glowing, and the group. Light Centaur held onto her golden shield with a sun symbol in front of her as she warns Yōkai, "Stay back! You will not go any further!"

Then more of Xina's duel monsters began to appear: Day-Star Alicorn, Nightfall Manticore, and Sun-Ray Griffin. They all stood protectively in front of the group.

"What do we do?" Dove questions, feeling fearful of what's about to happen.

"There's only one thing we can do..." Wise Owl stated.

Sunset Lioness roars, "Protect the princess!"

"Princess!?" Xina exclaimed in confusion.

Yōkai's shadowed beast charged at the duel monsters as they began to fight. Yōkai quickly moves his way towards the group, but Ezor steps in and blasts him with his staff.

Ezor missed as Yōkai appears in front of Ezor again. Ezor had a stern facial expression as he shouted, "I made a promise! You won't let you get near her, not when I am here!"

Moonlight Stag still had the children on his back as Wise Owl tells him, "We have to get the kids out of here! It's too dangerous."

Blister tells Martha, "We should go with the children as well just in case."

"You think I am going to leave Xina and-"

"They can handle this!" Blister tells her. "Have faith in them like you did with the Dark Signers," He says.

Martha knew he was right. They can handle this, but that was least of her worries. She worried about Xina and felt utterly guilty for not telling her the truth about her not being from Satellite. She looks at Xina to see that she was still glowing a faint yellow. Martha knew she was upset about it but there was nothing she could do now.

Martha nods, "Fine. You all please be careful!"

Sun-Blazing Mare suddenly appears beside Martha and Blister. They took that as a sign to get on her back. Once they got on her back, Sun-Blazing Mare and Moonlight Stag run from the scene to take them to safety.

Ezor and Yōkai continued to fight as the shadowed beasts continued to fight the duel monsters. Yōkai shouts in the middle of the fight, "I defeated you before! I will do it again!"

"I wouldn't be so sure! It is my duty to protect her from you, and you will lose!" Ezor shouts, shooting a bright teal beam from his staff. He misses as Yōkai shoots a dark violet beam at him. It hits Ezor, making him groan in pain.

"Funny how her parents said the same thing. But look at you, you can't even protect yourself, Ezor," Yōkai tells him before blasting another violet beam at Ezor. "You will fail, just like how they did," Yōkai boasted.

Ezor stands back up and shoots another beam at Yōkai. His shots continue to miss until he shot a powerful beam at him. It hits him, leaving a gap in the middle of his chest. Although the powerful beam hit him, it seemed it had no effect on Yōkai as the gap slowly closed.

"Did you guys see that!?" Leo questions as his eyes widen in shock.

"I think I'm going to puke," Luna muffled in her hands that covered her mouth.

"It was like Ezor's hits are ineffective on him," Bruno says, also in shock.

"We can't just stand here! We are Signers for crying out loud!" Crow exclaims. He took out his duel disk and activated it.

"He's right. It's time we step in and do something about these louts," Jack stated as he took out his duel disk.

"Don't!" Ezor demanded, making everyone stop. "That's exactly what he wants! He wants you guys to lash out so he can observe you and your Signer bonds. But this isn't Yōkai's true form, therefore anything you do won't work on him!"

"Then what do we do, Sir?" Luna asks, feeling worried for the old wizard.

"Give me the princess, and all this will end," Yōkai says with a smirk.

"Like hell we will!" Ezor bellowed before sending another blast at Yōkai, even though he knew it would have no effect.

"Then I'll just get the princess myself after I'm finished with you, wizard," Yōkai stated.

Before Yōkai could send another blast at Ezor, a bright yellow beam of light shoots Yōkai. He moves out of the way just in time as his eyes widened in shock. Yōkai thinks, That light...

Yōkai looks over to where it came from to see Xina glaring at him. Her eye continued to glow a bright yellow along with her body. Her sun mark was also glowing this time.

Yōkai ponders, So it is true. She holds her mother's powers.

Ezor analyzes Yōkai as he noticed that he looked slightly afraid. Ezor wondered, Xina's powers is effective on this version of Yōkai. It's like he's afraid of being touched by her light.

Yōkai shocked expressions fades as a smirk appears on his face. "You finally going to start fighting your own battles, Princess?"

"Will you stop calling me that!?" Xina shouts, narrowing her eyes at him.

"But why? It's who you are-" Yōkai started but stops as he sees Xina shoot another beam at him. He dodges again before standing further away from her.

"No! I am Xina Fey! I grew up in Satellite and I am duelist! I am not a princess like you say I am, and I will get rid of you once and for all!" Xina fumed, feeling her powers surge throughout her body.

Yōkai started to become furious with how this is turning out. He was wasting time and needed to hurry. He can't stay in this shadowed form forever and he could feel himself to fade away, but thankfully on his part, they can't see that yet.

Lightning started to strike the trees around them as Yōkai's eyes glowed brighter along with the red flares at the end of his eyes. Thunder boomed and echoed throughout the area as winds began to pick up speed again.

Leo and Luna held onto each other as Dove and Akiza embraced them, trying to shield them from the rough winds. Yusei, Crow, Jack and Bruno lift their arms up to shield the wind from hitting their faces as they try to remain balanced.

The shadowed beasts piercing eyes glow red, making the duel monsters collapse on the ground. The duel monsters cry out in pain as they began to glow a faint red and violet color.

"The duel monsters!" Leo exclaimed through the rough winds.

Yōkai ignored the twin boy as he glared at Xina. "You sound like your idiotic parents! They were so full of themselves which was their downfall, and it will be yours too!"

"Don't speak of King Zoro and Queen Amaterasu in such way! They were great rulers and forever will be known as that!" Ezor defended, getting angry with Yōkai.

Xina thinks, I've heard of those names before...

Flashback to The Missing Page

Xina takes the slip of paper and sees that the writing on it was in a different language. She notices one side of the paper was uneven and staggered as if it was ripped out of a book.

"What does it say?" Xina questions, trying to read the unknown language.

"I wasn't sure at first either, until I reached out to someone who might know what it is. They told me that the writing says something about a castle where two dragons lived. The dragons protected their castle and the people who lived in the villages on its range. The two dragons are known Dragon of the Moon and Dragon of the Sun," Martha explains.

Xina eyes widen as she looks at Martha. "My dragons?" Xina questioned in disbelief.

Martha nods. "They were created by a King and Queen who were rulers of the moon and sun. The king, ruler of the moon, was known as Zoro. The queen, ruler of the sun, was known as Amaterasu. They were the protectors and givers to Earth. The dragons were helpful, especially when they were in desperate need of help. On the paper, it mentions a story of their long battle against darkness. It also mentioned something about the Crimson Dragon being involved as well."

Flashback ends

Xina's eyes widened in shock. She couldn't believe her own ears. Xina thinks, King Zoro and Queen Amaterasu... T-They were my parents...

"So Xina really is a princess?" Bruno questioned as he couldn't believe it himself.

"I don't believe it," Jack stated in shock.

"I wouldn't make something like that up, especially when I was the one who disposed their very existence," Yōkai tells them in his deep voice.

Xina stares at Yōkai in shock. Then she became more angry as both of her eyes began to glow as she bellowed, "You what!?"

Ezor looks over at Xina to see her losing control. She radiate both yellow and light blue as the gold and silver streaks in her hair glowed as well. Her right hand started to glow yellow while her left glowed light blue.
Seeing her like this reminded him of the King and Queen.

Yōkai taunts, "I. Killed. Them."

Xina felt flames spin around her as her anger grew stronger. "You have a lot of nerve to stand a few feet away from me," Xina growled.

"Xina..." Ezor muttered.

Yōkai taunts again, "But I am not here. I'm just a shadow, and you, Princess, will end up like your parents..." Yōkai started to create a large orb in his dark hands that illuminated dark red, green and violet. He aimed his hands at Xina as he felt his shadow figure fading slightly more. He had to do this fast or else it wouldn't work. "I will have your power once you are dead!"

"Xina! Get out of the way!" Crow shouted, feeling fearful for his foster sister.

"Xina!" Yusei shouts as his eyes went wide.

Xina didn't budge as she continued to glare at Yōkai. She was unaware with what was happening as her anger took over her conscious. Everything looked red to her. She shook in fury, feeling her powers surge. Then she heard a voice in her head, and it sounded like Ezor:

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about who you are sooner. I know you won't forgive me for keeping this secret and I understand your frustration. I know you must feel anger towards your foster mother as well for keeping this secret, but do not lash out on her. She did it because she wanted you to be happy and live life to the fullest. And I guess that is why I never told you either. You are a strong young lady and I know you will win this, Princess. I am glad that I spent my last few moments being with you and your friends. I'm sorry for this..."

Xina was confused to what he meant as her red vision faded back to normal. Yōkai shoots his powerful beam towards Xina.

Xina gasps as she sees Ezor stand in front of her. Ezor blocks Xina and takes the powerful hit.

The impact of Yōkai's power hitting Ezor sent Xina and the others flying back. Xina ignored the pain from her falling hard on the firm ground. She looks up and her eyes widened as Ezor's body was still taking the hit as he was standing in the same spot. Soon, his body started to decompose into ashes before Yōkai's long powerful strike was finally over.

The group groans in pain as they slowly look up. They noticed that Ezor was no longer standing there. All they see was his staff lying on the ground.

Xina felt her eyes sting with tears forming on the brim of her eyes. She mutters, "Ezor..."

Yōkai was somewhat satisfied with this even though he aimed his blast at Xina. Yōkai taunts, "You should have saw this coming, Xina. This is what happens when-"

"Shut. Up."

Yōkai gasps as he saw the look in her eyes. Xina was still on the ground as her teary eyes were focused on him. He could see the anger and sadness in her eyes, in which he didn't mind. The one thing that scared him was her power radiating off of her body. Thankfully for him, it would be too late for her to do anything to him.

His shadowed beasts faded away as the duel monsters disappeared back to the Spirit World. His body began to fade away.

Yōkai tells her, "This is your warning, Princess. Think wisely or else your friends are next."

Before Xina could do anything, Yōkai disappears. The rough winds finally calmed down, and dark clouds in the sky disappeared, revealing the night sky. Xina's eyes, hair and marks stopped glowing as well as the groups Signer marks.

Xina remained on the ground as she continued to stare at where Ezor was standing. The tears in her eyes made her vision become blurry as she moved her gaze at his staff. She grabs the wooden staff in her hands. She then hears his words again:

"I am glad that I spent my last few moments being with you and your friends..."

Xina head hangs low as her bangs cover her eyes. Her tears fell onto the staff as she trembled. "I'm sorry, Ezor..." She sobbed.

Xina knew that Ezor would tell her that this was all his destiny, but she saw this as a loss.

She lost her teacher.

She lost a friend.

Ezor, The Brave and Powerful Wizard of Destiny.

••
Oh my gosh! This was so sad to write!
Please vote and comment your thoughts
Thank you!
:)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

187K 2.2K 23
Y/n is a strong underground duelist with his powerful deck of blue eyes dragons and when he loses in the same tournament as Yusei, he is offer a chan...
2.4K 24 19
In the Valley of Domino, a 12-year old tiger goes upon a journey to withold a destiny that he was given. Can he be able to fight alongside new frien...
12.3K 340 58
A fanfic for the Yugioh 5D's character, Yusei Fudo. (Y/N) is a girl who just turned 18 and discovered that her parents held a terrible secret. Dec...
36.9K 403 18
No memory, no friend ... nothing. Just a name, a deck, a duel record and my dueling skills. My name is (Y/N) (L/N), and discover my story. (A/N): If...