Chances (Sequel To New Beginn...

By SideBra

Sequel To New Beginnings Chase and Ava's first year of college together is going to be one heck of a ride. Wi... More

Chances (Story/Cast/ Synopsis)
Prologue
Chapter 1: Restart
Chapter 2: Beginnings Are Overrated
Chapter 3: Introductions
Chapter 4: Green Eyes
Chapter 5: Giving You a Chance
Chapter 6: Lies Lies Lies
Chapter 7: Pancakes With a Side of Truth
Chapter 8: Party Fever
Chapter 9: The Devil In Disguise
Chapter 10: For the Cameras
Chapter 11: Chance After Chance
Chapter 12: Beach Day
Chapter 13: Emerald Isn't Meant For Everyone
Chapter 14: Keep Pretending
Chapter 15: Guilty Conscience
Chapter 16: Crumbling Brownies
Chapter 17: Once More
Chapter 18: Always and Forever
Chapter 19: Surprise after Surprise
Chapter 21: Muah
Chapter 22: Trapped
Chapter 23: Wishing on a Shooting Star
Chapter 24: The Old Chase
Chapter 25: Whatever it Takes
Chapter 26: <3
Chapter 27: See You
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: Manifestation Nation
Chapter 30: Another side.
Chapter 31: Back of the Taxi
Chapter 32: Just a Piece of Your Heart
Chapter 33: Hole in One.. Sorta
Chapter 34: gunfire and lead
Chapter 35: Small Town Miracles
Chapter 36: His Lullaby
Chapter 37: Herbal Remedy
Chapter 38: Justice
Chapter 39: Chances.

Chapter 20: Hugh Hefner and his Unfortunate Bunnies

1.2K 40 7
By SideBra

"Listen Avalon, you tell me if you're serious about this career because I am ready to pave the way for you." Arabella's- well, my soon to be agent said to me.

"I think I'm ready Marina, I want to do this." I said with full confidence.

"Great, I'm going to step out for just a moment but go ahead and sign these papers and you are all set!" Marina said before stepping out.

Arabella squealed next to me as I signed, "Oh my god! This is so amazing isn't it? I finally have a model bff I don't have to pretend to like!"

I stopped mid-signature to stare at her weirdness, "Anywho."

Marina stepped back in, "Everything signed?"

"Yep!" I excitedly said giving her the paperwork. "When do I begin?"

"Well, Arabella is shooting in a couple hours if you don't mind doing it as well." She said.

I nodded my head quickly, and soon enough Arabella and I were headed out into the town. We went into a small building filled with all kinds of models. We were rushed off to hair and makeup and got dressed into extravagant outfits. On the way to the shoot, Arabella had explained that this shoot was for an upcoming perfume ad. I had on a pair of dark shimmery trousers and a white bandeau. I wore glitter boots, and my hair was pulled back into a sleek bun. 

As I made my way to the designated area I noticed Mateo wearing black dress pants and an opened white dress shirt. He had on a silver chain and his hair was parted neatly to the side. "Mi amor, I found you."

"Found me?"

"Yeah, I chose you as my partner for the shoot. We're going to look spectacular together." Mateo said dragging me to the shoot area outside. 

They had managed to stop a side of the road for a huge limousine with diamond accents. The shoot was odd to say the least, I saw two male models sitting on the roof of the limo, getting action shots taken of them.

"This is insane, how do we even do this?" I asked curious.

"Follow my lead." Mateo said winking, taking the spot of the two models from before. 

Mateo shoved me in the limo and extended his hand out. The photographers began taking photos of us posing. Mateo was caressing my hand, and I was posing as if I were an important business woman. Then, an idea popped in my head and I positioned Mateo on the floor with his knee up and I decided to do a boss lady move and put my glittered boot on his leg and posed. 

"Amazing, what is your name new girl?" One of the photographers asked.

"Avalon." I said smiling.

The photographer nodded, "Beautiful."

I smiled and silently thanked them. Mateo and I went off to the main room, and I hugged him in excitement. "Did you hear that!?" I squealed.

"You were made for this." Mateo said kissing my cheek lightly. I gave him a weird look, silently hoping he meant it in a friendly way.

We waited a bit for Arabella to finish up her shoot, and I sat next Mateo on a long sofa as he conversed with some of his friends. I pulled out my phone and went through my feed, then I saw a picture of Chase celebrating yet another victory by his team. It had already been almost two weeks since we officially ended things. Two weeks, where I had gotten off without seeing him and Cartia together. I decided to stalk him a bit and noticed he hadn't taken any pictures of us down, which for some reason gave me hope. 

"Hey, we're all pre-gaming at my house so you better come, okay?" Mateo said snapping me out of my daze.

He was talking to his friends and I was confused at the sudden change in conversation, "Pre-game for what?" I asked curious.

"Beck's halloween party, girl where have you even?" Isidra, one of my new friends said.

I laughed, "How does everyone know that guy?"

"He's the richest guys in LA, who wouldn't know him?" Ander, another friend, said.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I met him before, nothing special."

Ander's jaw dropped, "Get her out. Now. You spoke to him, and you weren't captured by his looks. You're insane."

Ander, stop being so dramatic. What are you going as?" Isidra asked.

"She's going to be one of my bunnies." Mateo answered for me.

I rolled my eyes, "I guess a bunny. If I don't wear the costume, I won't hear the end of it."

"Costume!? Why did no one pull me into the conversation sooner?" Arabella said behind me.

I turned to look at her, hoping to have her help me snap Mateo's bunny idea out the window. "Hugh Hefner here, is making us be one of his bunnies."

Arabella clapped excitedly, "Yay! Dibs on wearing the white corset."

"Corset?!" I exclaimed at Mateo who smiled sheepish at me.

Isidra got up and patted my shoulder, "Good luck with that babes."

I slammed my head back onto the couch. "The outfits better be cute." I gritted.

"Oh they will be, you should see my pilot hat!" Mateo excitedly said, leading the way out of the studio.

This should be interesting.

***

It was the next day, which apparently was the night of the halloween party Beck was hosting. I had mentally prepared myself for tonight all night, because of two things. One, Mateo would be dressing me and well, he was a walking tornado and that was a headache. Two, I was sure Cartia would be there along with Chase. And every single guy on that football team who knew me, and probably knew about the breakup. I just needed to avoid that huge group of people and I would be fine!

Not.

"Will you please get dressed? You only have like another two hours until Ander and Isidra get here for the pre-party!" Arabella said throwing a bag that had my costume. 

I hadn't gotten the chance to sneak a peak at the costume Mateo and picked out, and frankly I had been avoiding it since it arrived in the mail. I cranked the speaker and played my party playlist that I hoped would cheer me up and actually get me excited to see everyone who did me wrong later tonight.

Thankfully, my makeup had already been done prior to the party so I only needed to retouch it. I decided to leave it for later and begin to putting my costume together. The first thing I saw when I opened the bag was a black corset and diamond fishnets. Great. 

As I put my outfit on, Arabella was getting dressed at the same time as I was. Let's just say her reactions were a bit different than mine. Therefore, she was way too excited and I was not. As I shimmied into the diamond tights and the tight black corset bodysuit, I was getting more and more unimpressed. Especially after putting on the bowtie choker.

"We look so hot! If Julian isn't drooling after me in this, I'm going to have to find a new boy toy." Arabella said pouting into the mirror.

"Why did we let Mateo decided the costume, again?" I asked.

Arabella shrugged me off, "This is his holiday, plus don't you like seeing him so excited?"

I nodded my head, "Fine, I guess I'll suck it up for tonight."

"Atta girl, now put the bunny ears on and the red lipstick so we can go!" Arabella said shoving the items in my hands.

I did what she said and put on the lipstick and the ears and decided on wearing a pair of black heels that would help me be comfortable. "I've never been this provocative before." 

Arabella gasped, "It's not provocative, it's called mature now own that body sis."

I hugged her tightly, "You're the best. You know that right?"

"Duh, now hurry up. Our Hefner is waiting for us at his apartment."

"Wait, one more thing." I said abruptly. "Please don't let me escape tonight, I want to have fun and forget about Chase and Cartia for the night."

"Don't even say another word, that was my intention for tonight."

Let the night commence.

***

A/N: 

Ahh!! I'm actually really excited for these next upcoming chapters!! I've always wanted to write in a halloween edition into my books and I'm finally doing it! Hopefully you guys enjoy the costume choice, it has an important role later in the book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 1K 42
He loved her, Just like how much she loved him. He loved her, and he confessed just now. He loved her more than his dreams and goals. But could she b...
22.5K 462 46
With interconnected stories between ten people about devotion and betrayal wrapped into one book, you will discover that in life you may never know o...
1.6M 60.8K 35
They meet through simple circumstances, a small joke sparking the love that grows between them. And it all starts in a coffee shop. --- Cover by: @an...
440 90 20
A girl who fell for her new classmate who was supposed to be her biggest competitor... Will she get the same love back even after he became her siste...