Chances (Sequel To New Beginn...

By SideBra

Sequel To New Beginnings Chase and Ava's first year of college together is going to be one heck of a ride. Wi... More

Chances (Story/Cast/ Synopsis)
Prologue
Chapter 1: Restart
Chapter 2: Beginnings Are Overrated
Chapter 3: Introductions
Chapter 4: Green Eyes
Chapter 5: Giving You a Chance
Chapter 6: Lies Lies Lies
Chapter 7: Pancakes With a Side of Truth
Chapter 8: Party Fever
Chapter 9: The Devil In Disguise
Chapter 10: For the Cameras
Chapter 11: Chance After Chance
Chapter 12: Beach Day
Chapter 13: Emerald Isn't Meant For Everyone
Chapter 14: Keep Pretending
Chapter 15: Guilty Conscience
Chapter 16: Crumbling Brownies
Chapter 18: Always and Forever
Chapter 19: Surprise after Surprise
Chapter 20: Hugh Hefner and his Unfortunate Bunnies
Chapter 21: Muah
Chapter 22: Trapped
Chapter 23: Wishing on a Shooting Star
Chapter 24: The Old Chase
Chapter 25: Whatever it Takes
Chapter 26: <3
Chapter 27: See You
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: Manifestation Nation
Chapter 30: Another side.
Chapter 31: Back of the Taxi
Chapter 32: Just a Piece of Your Heart
Chapter 33: Hole in One.. Sorta
Chapter 34: gunfire and lead
Chapter 35: Small Town Miracles
Chapter 36: His Lullaby
Chapter 37: Herbal Remedy
Chapter 38: Justice
Chapter 39: Chances.

Chapter 17: Once More

1.5K 68 59
By SideBra

I walked up to Mateo's apartment feeling completely numb inside. Tears still seemed to find their way out of my eyes. Mateo unlocked the apartment and Arabella stood up, walking quickly towards me. "What happened?" She asked leading me towards the living room.

"He..He-" I tried to say, but I began bawling again. I hated being like this, feeling so weak and vulnerable. This wasn't me, how did I let myself get like this. 

Mateo and Arabella stepped out of the room, and I could hear Mateo silently explaining everything to her. Then I heard the door open from the bedroom, and her marching towards the door. "I'll kill him!" She exasperated.

"No, please." I pleaded.

She huffed but backed down and sat close to me pulling me into her. "You don't deserve any of this."

Mateo sat on my other side and we all had a little group hug moment. If it was any other time, I would've called this moment cringe-worthy but I needed this. I needed a good support group, and well they were all I had at the moment. Yet, it was all I wanted.

Arabella's phone rang and she picked it up, "Julian?"

I looked at her confused but she shrugged her shoulders, "We're at Mateos. I'll send the address, but get the dress from our dorm."

'Dress?' I mouthed.

She looked at me and smiled, "Keys under the mat, see you soon."

"What are you up to.." 

"Call Chanel," She demanded Mateo, who happily obliged. 

"We aren't letting that gorgeous dress go to waste, so we have a little surprise." Arabella smiled grabbing a nude nail polish and grabbing my hand. She began to do my nails.

"No, I'm not up for it."

"I don't care, now shut up and enjoy."

Sooner or later, Chanel arrived and had her entire team of stylists come into the apartment. They didn't give me enough time to process what just happened because I was being completely made over.

"Oh, how I've missed these cheek bones." Chanel exclaimed, which earned a chuckle from me. "When I'm done here, trust me you're gonna look like a super model."

"Chanel, please help me convince her to do the shoot!" Arabella pleaded.

Chanel stopped what she was doing, and put a hand on her hip, "Well, why so much thought?"

"I just got broken up.." I stopped myself and caught my breath before I cried and ruined her art, "with my boyfriend, and it's just too soon.."

Chanel shook her head, "Nonsense. Don't you ever let someone stop you from doing something great for you Avalon. I mean that."

I nodded my head, and realized she was right. Of course this pain would probably last forever, but I couldn't get like I did last time Chase and I ended it. I was miserable and I stopped being myself, and hell, I even lost myself during the relationship. What I put up with wasn't okay, but I loved Chase and a small part of me would do it all over again just to be with him once more.

"Fine, set a meeting up with your agent Arabella. I'll give it another go."

Arabella squealed and sprinted out of the room, and up the stairs. One of the stylist handed me my satin dress, and I put it on with no second thought. The dress fit me like a glove and accentuated my curves. The top of the dress was a cowl neck style which hung low revealing a small amount of cleavage. They laced on silver heels and placed tiny diamond earrings on. My hair was let loose, curled perfectly to frame my face. Chanel had done my makeup glossy once again, and shined my lips with a pink lip gloss. As I took in my appearance, I noticed that I had on the necklace Chase had gifted me last year at Julian's cabin. 

I went to unclasp it from my neck, but my hands stopped themselves so I kept it on. The front door swung open revealing Julian in a tuxedo with the same color tie as my dress. He looked around the room until he saw me. 

"Hey," he breathed out. 

"Shouldn't you be at the dinner?" I asked him noticing he was two hours late.

Julian chuckled, "Yeah, I'm picking up my date."

I cocked my head, "Arabella isn't even ready."

"Geez, I didn't think you were that dumb. YOU are my date." Julian said laughing.

"No, I'm not. I don't want to be your pity date Julian." 

Julian's eyes widened, "What? No. I want to take you because well, I'm most comfortable with you."

I rolled my eyes, "Sure. You must know about Chase and I, that's why you're doing this."

"Okay, I know. Still, I want to go with you. I need a date and well you don't need to be moping around."

"Grab your clutch and get the hell out of here." Arabella said from the top of the stairs. Her eyes raked Julian's body and she smirked, Julian coughed at her bluntness in her flirtation to which I found hilarious.

"Fine. But only because I'm excited about the fancy snacks." I said walking over to couch and grabbing my sparkly clutch. I grabbed my phone noticing I had 14 missed calls and over 10 messages all from Chase. I took a deep breath and shut my phone off, afraid I would answer him.

Julian held the door open for me, and we walked to his car. He opened the door for me and ran over to the drivers seat. He started the car up, and we began to drive towards the venue. I gazed out the window, admiring the city when Julian spoke up.

"You look really pretty." He said smiling at me.

"Thanks.. for everything. I know you're Chase's best friend and all, but I really appreciate you doing this." 

"Ava, you're my friend too. No matter what dumb shit he pulls, I'd never turn my back on you."

I gratefully smiled at him, and the only noise being heard was the radio. "Did you know.." I whispered.

Julian gave me an uneasy look, "No, we talked about it but I never thought he would do it."

I sucked in a breath, "I wish.. I just wish I would've stopped it sooner."

"What do you mean?"

"I heard them at the beach talking about this, it's not like I was blindsided you know? I just thought he wouldn't consider it.. She's wicked, Julian."

"I know. She's just a different breed. I don't think many of the guys like her. I sure as hell don't, she reminds me of pale celery stick." Julian said laughing.

I laughed with him, and soon enough we had arrived. "Does Chase know about this?" I said as we got out of his car.

"Nope."

I looked at him wide eyed, "Really?"

"Listen, he's my brother but he's on some shit right now. He messed up big time, so think of this as a little reminder of what he lost." Julian said encouraging me.

"Fine." I said to him.

He held out his arm, and I interlocked mine with his. I knew I could do this, I just had to avoid eye contact with him and I would be fine. As we entered the building, I noticed this was not like any other dinner. In fact, it was more like a ball. There were tons of people, including the entire football team along with their dates. The boosters were all here with their wives and kids. The entire place was filled with bling and chandeliers, and I thanked myself for not underdressing. 

After ogling the entire venue, I noticed everyone was staring at Julian and I. "Why is everyone staring at us..?"

Julian shook his head, "Not us. You." 

"Me?"

"Why wouldn't they be staring at the most gorgeous girl in the room." A tall dark man said next to me.

He was a handsome guy, his dark skin complimented his hazel eyes and his muscles seemed to budge out his tuxedo. There was no denying he was attractive, but he wasn't Chase. 

"Thank you, I um don't know what else to say." I awkwardly added. 

"I'm gonna get us a glass of champagne," Julian said leaving me to fend for myself with this stranger.

"Beckham. But you can call me Beck." He said extending his hand out to me. 

"Avalon." I said shaking his hand. 

"Beautiful name." Beck said smiling at me, "So, is that your boyfriend?"

He motioned to Julian who was talking to old men across the room for us, "Julian? Oh god no. He's just a close friend."

"Well, he's a lucky guy to have you as a date. I think every guy is jealous of him right now.. Especially, him." He said pointing to the corner. 

I turned around and was met with Chase glaring at Beck. I started to feel bad as soon as I saw Cartia's arm linked around his arm. She was talking to an older man that resembled her, so I assumed it was her infamous father. 

"Oh, God." I groaned, turning around as fast as I could.

"What, did I say something wrong?" 

"No, he's my ex-boyfriend. God, I was really trying hard to avoid him." I said composing myself.

Beck laughed, "Seriously.?"

I glared at him, "It's not funny."

"No, it's not that. It's just that he's here with my sister. He's stupid to not be with you and I think he's realizing it."

"She's your sister?!" I exclaimed.

"Well yeah, I was adopted so I guess you can see the clear resemblance." Beck rambled.

I slightly chuckled, "No, it's just that well he broke up with me for her in a way and the fact that you're her brother.. Wow! Could this day get any better..." 

"I hint some serious sarcasm going on here, I dig it." He said.

"Champagne for big head," Julian said referring to me, earning a slap on the arm. "And for the main mans son." 

I sipped on the champagne as the two boys talked about something I was clearly uninterested in. I distastefully swallowed the drink, and immediately regretted it. For something so expensive, it was disgusting. "Not liking the drink?" Beck asked smiling at my current state.

"Not really. Is there like water or something?" I asked.

Beck chuckled again, "I'll go get you some water."

Beck left and left Julian and I standing there, "He's nice, huh?" Julian said teasing me.

I rolled my eyes, "Shut it, plus I am nowhere near ready for another relationship. It sucks because all I want is him."

"If it makes you feel better, I'm getting my ass kicked later tonight." 

"Did you know he was satan's brother?" 

He nodded his head, "Yeah, he's at every kickback. He's very different from, well you know who."

"I'll say, he's actually pleasant." I said amused. 

All of a sudden a familiar cologne engulfed me, and I was kicking myself mentally for even coming. "Julian, a word." Chase demanded. 

I didn't bother turning around, I was too afraid I would breakdown and I was honestly sick of it. Julian excused himself, and I was left alone trying to reach for my heart that had dropped out of my chest. Of course, I wasn't able to have one moment without Princess Peach ruining it for me.

"So you still decided to show up, huh?" She snarled.

"And you decided to look like a tall beanstalk, huh." 

Cartia shot me a dirty look, "Bitter he chose me? I mean come on! Are you even the least bit surprised? I've got the looks, the money, I mean everyone here knows Chase and I belong together."

"He's going to realize soon you're just a backstabbing manipulative bitch." I spat at her slowly losing my temper.

She bitterly laughed, "Oh! And he'll go back to you? In your dreams, if he listened to everything I told him about you what makes you think he'd ever look at you the same way."

"Cartia, trust me when I tell you, that what Chase and I had was special. No one, and I mean no one, could ever have what we had. Sure, he broke up with me. But every time you think you're going to have a moment with him, I had it with him first." 

Her mouth gaped open and she began to clench her glass of wine in her hand, "Whatever. At least my rolls aren't seeping out of my gown. Ever heard of a gym?" 

I smiled sweetly at her, "These 'rolls' earned me a photoshoot with Sunkini. Nice try though."

Cartia stomped her foot down and sped walked angrily past Beckham who looked amused at his sisters current state. "What'd you say to her?"

I grabbed the glass of water, "Probably something she wasn't expecting to hear." 

"If you can make my sister that mad, then you have a special place in my heart." Beck said cheering his rum and coke. 

"No offense, but how the hell did you come out so nice?" I asked.

Beck shook his head, "No offense taken, she's the youngest one so she's been spoiled her entire life. She's used to getting her way, and well let's just say her and I never had a good relationship because of her nasty attitude. I vowed to never act like her, basically."

"Do not worry, the party has arrived once again." Julian said grabbing my waist lightly.

"No one was worried." I teased.

Julian leaned in closer to my ear, "He's waiting upstairs by the balcony, wants to talk to you."

My smile turned into a frown quickly. As much as I wanted to forget about Chase and enjoy my evening with Beck and Julian, I needed to hear him out. For my sake instead. I didn't care if he would end up hurting me more, I just needed more time.

"I'll be back." I smiled at the boys before walking up the marble stairs. I held onto the gold railing tightly to settle my nerves. As I reached the top floor, I saw two large glass doors and a brown haired boy I used to call mine.

I walked over to the balcony, opening the glass door. Chase turned around and I immediately noticed his blue eyes filled with sadness and regret. He extended his hand out to mine, and I grabbed it almost feeling a shock. Our bodies faced each others and my his arm was tightly secured around my waist. 

"You wanted to talk..?" 

***

A/N:: YUHHH GET IN TO IT!! Enjoy the long chap! And don't forget to follow and vote pleaseeeeee <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 5.7K 43
❝We were quite a cliche, weren't we?❞ he smirked but I ignored the pang it spread in my chest. ❝We were. But this is real life. We can't hang on fan...
526K 11.4K 45
PUBLISHED - Link in bio πŸ’• The summer after her sophomore year in college, Mia takes time to heal after a failed relationship. In an attempt to move...
231K 6.9K 53
Sam has a complicated past that's shaped her current decisions. One of those decisions being to stay relationship free throughout her college experie...
109K 2.4K 33
An anxious homebody gets roped into her university quarterback's scheme to get back at both of their exes. **** Highest rating: #7 in books | 7 - 1...