System RUIN: Sweet Chaos

Bởi ETHERXXX

SYSTEM RUIN sent five individuals to prove that they stand by their objectives. A leader, a fighter, an actre... Xem Thêm

SWEET CHAOS
00 | character analysis
01 | system ruin
02 | the file
03 | south korea, copy
04 | first plan
05 | to all the boys we loved before
06 | the kwons
07 | the redheaded kwon
08 | the mischievous kwon
09 | the sweet kwon
10 | the infamous kwon
11 | aphrodite and her scratches
12 | attention? nuh uh
13 | yeah, she's good
14 | who is the boss?
15 | party bummer
16 | ariana grande
17 | how was day one?
18 | ruining thunders
19 | do you watch yadong?
20 | safe and saved
21 | soobin, remember that name
22 | a good night
23 | queen of disaster
24 | hyukai
25 | the first one
26 | loving soobin
27 | break in
28 | A-SAM 2503
29 | oh-so high
30 | captain's ball
31 | water fall
32 | a bottle of whiskey
33 | OPERATION: Avert Fiasco I
34 | OPERATION: Avert Fiasco II
35 | OPERATION: Avert Fiasco III
36 | pretend youth
37 | five sphinxes
38 | closed doors
39 | cinderella
40 | lie to me
41 | exception
42 | reasons
43 | who
44 | golden red
45 | coincidence
46 | gentle
47 | the spot
48 | he who knows
49 | so long
50 | ears and a voice
51 | the system
52 | safe haven
53 | choice
54 | all in it
55 | worth it
56 | the curse
58 | envisaged meet
59 | no
60 | from afar
Interlude: Hereafter

57 | the boys

1.3K 88 48
Bởi ETHERXXX

Huening Kai plopped himself on the one seater couch, eyes fixed on his phone. He was answering messages from his friends, checking the time everytime he finished one. It was getting noon, and Hussey was yet to wake up.

He found himself once again inside the girl's mansion, he was there too many times after the day they found out he knows, and to be honest, they really didn't give a damn about him being always there— except for Joanne's frequent glares whenever they meet inside.

The boy sighed, he wanted to go out with Hussey, but she was still in deep slumber. These past weekends, Hussey wakes up late than she usually does, not that he was complaining about it, She must be so tired of protecting ne. He thought when he remembered how he would stand still and watch her beat the crap out of someone in the dark halls. She's so cool.

There was a ring on their gate, and Kai being bored, he peeped outside and saw a man— a familiar one. He furrowed his brows, he knew the man so well that he was tempted to go outside, but waited for one of the girls to come down and open it since he doesn't live there.

Yet, minutes passed and thw doorbell rang again, he looked around and realized no one was gonna open it. Nervous, he walked out, slowly towards the gates and opened to his Senior, the infamous Choi Soobin. "Hey..."

Soobin looked at him, one brow raised, he didn't look confused but yet annoyed. Kai gave a nervous chuckle, "Soobin uh, sunbae, how are you?"

"Why are you here? And where's Jisu?" 

Kai's brows raised when he realized he was also someone like him. "I think she's busy, upstairs?" He tried to sound peaceful, scared of what he might think. He really couldn't gicve anything up knowing he wasn't sure if Soobin knew, the last time he checked, he's the only one who has the information.

Soobin's brows only creased more, how would Kai know about that? Was he talking to Julia? Or was he in her room? Did she tell him?

"Kai, who is that?" That voice made them look at the front door— Julia stood there, hair wet in her normal clothes shining in pink. Soobin tilted his head so Julia could see him as Kai was blocking the way.

The girl sighed, "I told you to wait, didn't I?"

"You were gone for like, an hour, how would I know you're showering for that long?"

"Excuse you, that was a bath. And an hour, Soobin, it took an hour for you to drive here, seriously?" Julia's eyes squinted.

Kai moved away from them, looking away like he didn't hear the bickering. He was contemplating wether to go inside the house again or stand, either choice it would be awkward with his sunbae staring.

"Kai, I'm sorry about him, you can wait inside now." Julia gave him an apologetic look, the boy taking it as a cue to enter the house once again while trying to ignore the obvious glare of the other latter.

Fast paced, he reached the couch so easily, plopping himself with a sigh. Jisu noona is awake. Yeji left, and I haven't met  Ryujin. Chaeryeong said she was gonna be doing something and disappeared. Yet Yuna's still asleep. Should I wake her up? He pouts, shaking his head to stop the temptation. It would be rude to ask Julia, and it would definitely be ruder if he barged in a girl's room.

A little while later, Julia and Soobin enters the house. Kai immediately pretended to be busy with his phone, opening every app he could fine. With few glances, he have noticed that Soobin's gaze didn't leave him.

"Sit down, I'll fetch you something to drink." He hears Julia instructing him, Soobin attends to the commands so easily. Kai glances at him, he sat down on the long couch, body well relaxed with a good posture. What do I expect from a Choi heir? He mumbled, becoming self aware and fixing his sitting position on the single couch.

The air was in tension, Kai didn't know if it was because they knew each other but aren't close or if it was because of Soobin's sharp look at him from time to time.

The 2 minutes where Julia went away felt like a solid 30 with the awkwardness. The sigh of relief coming out from Kai's mouth was noticed by Julia, who chuckled and gave a warning look to Soobin.

"You two are familiar with each other right? Kai, you know Choi Soobin from Business Ad, 4th year? And Soobin, you know Huening Kai, also Business Ad, 2nd year? We have few classes together."

Kai gave an awkward smile, he didn't know if he needed to wave, or offer his hand, hug? They have met each other in few business parties their Fathers have arranged, but they didn't necessarily bond just because they were the same.

Soobin offered his hand, "Ofcourse, I know him. Mr. Huening's youngest, party animal. Very much known around SU, the beer pong master of the  freshmen. We meet again, Kai." Widened eyes and a terrified expression, he felt like his skin crawled at that, Soobin just chanted words but it seemed like he was cursing him.

A forced chuckled first, he needed to respond, "Uh.. yeah, that's me, haha. Mr. Choi's only son, every club's VIP." Julia giggled at that, Soobin gave her a scowl before looking at Kai again, now raises brows.

They shake hands, Soobin's grip stronger than Kai's. Kai have never felt so intimidated by someone. Sure, Soobin was just like him, yet at the same time, he is so fucking different. He was more responsible ane disclipined, the manners and elegance always present,  always there incase his Father needed help.

But him. What about him? He was surely someone's son, but all he did was do what he wanted. Why? Because his Father just let him do everything he wanted. Never have he heard his Parents nag him about being immature. He was never trained for their company, he was never given responsibility. He felt so— what was that word? Useless.

"I realized how similar you are, haven't you guys just chilled with each other? Like in a bar or somethibg?" Julia commented, sitting on the edge of the couch as she made Soobin move.

Soobin snorted. "Not really. I'm not someone who's active in the middle, I just sit by and drink." Kai pursed his lips, he doesn't know what's up but he sort of felt that he was insulted.

Julia scoffed at him. "Yeah because when Kai was enjoying, you were on the couch sucking someone's tongue, Soobin." She rolled her eyes. The boy who was listening almost chuckled yet refrained himself. Soobin was already pissed off by him and he didn't want him to get angry.

Soobin's mouth fell at Julia's remarks. He furrowed his brows, staring down at the girl beside him, he then says, "Jisu... are you angry at me? Why are you insulting me?" With a hushed voiced, sulkier than ever.

Kai sighs, the two were now whisper shouting near him and Soobin sounded so sulky. His eyes traveled up to the staircase, hoping to see an awake Hussey marching down.

His hopes were surely not hopeful enough. Instead of a Hussey, an open of the door was heard, they all diverted their attention to it. There, Lucy and a confused Yeonjun stepped in.

"Oh, J— Jisu, we have visitors..." Lucy blinked abruptly, gaze shifting from them to Yeonjun, who stopped looking around to stare at the people seated on the couch.

"Yeji, ah, yes." She stood with a smile, Kai could notice the quick panic in her eyes before calming down. "Uhm, you brought.."

"Yes, yes. This is Choi Yeonjun, 4th year in C&S Engineering." Lucy quickly introduced. Kai knows him, ofcourse he knows the boy. Jisung have told about him, saying he was awesome when he visited an underground place once, Yeojin also have taken a liking on him sometime during their 1st year.

"Hello, Yeonjun. I'm Jisu, this is Soobin, also 4th Year, and this is Kai, 2nd Year, we are all Business Majors." Julia also says, Yeonjun just waved, a smirk on his face. There were some fading bruises on her face but Kai didn't want to ask, they weren't close for goodness sake.

"Sit down, Yeonjun. I'll fetch something to eat from the kitchen. Jisu, can you please help me?" Lucy sounded so natural that Kai didn't even question it. He watched the girls walk away and Yeonjun sat on the other one seater couch on the opposite ends.

Kai held his breath once again, the awkward atmosphere coming back. They were sat like they were gonna discuss a serious matter, eye contacts avoided as much as they can. It felt so weird seeing people they knew but weren't close with. Never have they even thought about this kind of meeting.

"I'm home! Oh." And just like that, another door opened was heard, and Kai swore all his blood drained seeing another boy walk in. Joanne raised her brows at them, "Kai, you're here again?" She asked, obviously not happy about it.

Soobin and Yeonjun looked at Kai, eyes squinted. The boy almost facepalmed, he never minded Joanne's spite for him but the timing was so wrong. He chuckled nervously, "Ah, yes, she's still sleeping."

Joanne gave her a sharp look, "Okay then. And there are other boys here... This is Choi Beomgyu, by the way. And I'm Ryujin. We're both law majors." She easily said. Kai saw Soobin giving a nod to him, Yeonjun waved, and he just smiled at the lad.

Introductions happened once again, and Kai swore, one more introduction he was gonna burst. The same thing happened, Joanne told Beomgyu to sit, in which he sat beside Soobin, Joanne says she was gonna fetch food, and left for the kitchen.

What is even happening? The four of them thought, pure silence around the room, eye contactd avoided. Yeonjun and Beomgyu looked around, Soobin's frequent glares to Kai, and Kai on his phone. Kai pursed his lips. Damn, Yuna is really like sleeping beauty.

A sudden sound of footsteps were heard, four heads turned to the staircase. Kai could feel his heart ramming down his chest, his hopes high up the wall to finally see Hussey.

"Kai, Yuna stil isn't waking— oh." Just like that, Kai's face fell. Judy scanned the room, seeing the familiar faces which weren't familiar of her. She took a breath and realized what was happening. "Hello, uhm, I'm Chaeryeong, 2nd year of Business Ethics." She smiled, giving the most friendliest gesture she could.

Kai was still disappointed, but atleast he wasn't gonna need to introduce himself again. Soobin was about to reply when the doorbell rang. The boy, who thought Judy was going to stay for introductions, stood to open it for the girls. But Judy stopped him. "Oh sorry, I'll get that one first."

He sadly sat down. He honestly wanted to escape their situation even for a minute. The girls were taking too long that Judy came bacn first. And God knows how much Kai wanted to groan seeing another pair of feet walk in.

"I'm back! And oh, this is Kang Taehyun, by the way, a friend and a batchmate." Judy introduced. Well fuck.

Another introducing sessions happens, Judy tells Taehyun to sit down, he sits beside Soobin who was know inbetween, and Judy asks, "Do you know where the girls are, Kai?"

Kai could feel the other stares at him. He forced himself to shrug it off, "They're fixing food in the kitchen." Judy tells Taehyun she will be back and walked away.

Great! Five dudes are in a living room, they don't know each other, and the girls who are needed left to fix them food. What a nice situation right?

Kai sighed. Did they intentionally let us meet? For what?— Oh wait, it was my choice to come here and Soobin wouldn't be here if Jisu noona didn't take an hour to respond. He groaned. Were the heavens the mastermind? The awkward air was just there. Kai sighs, so these are the boys they have to protect, huh. They must be thinking how weird it is that the girls have each individual boy to pull here.

"Kai." He flinched when Yeonjun suddenly called him. "You're Kai, right?"

The poor boy nodded immediately, a broken smile palstered on his face to cover his nervousness and the awkwardness he felt.

The three boys sat on the long couch watched, their eyes shifting fron left to right as their chairs were facing each other.

"Are you, like, close with them? I noticed that Yeji didn't mind when she saw you. And also, er, Ryujin and uh, Chaeryeong called you."

Kai nervously chuckled. "Uhm, not really, we're friends, but not that close."

"You're here often, then? To just hang? Or something?" Beomgyu suddenly joined, raised brows and suspicious eyes.

"I'm here often but not to hang."

"Oh, then for what?" Taehyun also asks. Kai muttered curses, Soobin looked like he was enjoying seeing him get questioned like that. There was a faint grin on his lips.

"For, uhm." Kai didn't know what to say. It would be fucking absurd to tell them he was there for Hussey, he knows they're gonna ask if they're in a relationship or shit as he said he was there often. He knows they'll call bullshit if he says they're just friends.

"Yeah, for what, Kai? Jisu also seemed pretty fond of you, you know? You're also the one who opened the door for me. Are you like their little brother?" Soobin joins, a teasing tone made it sound so annoying fron Kai's perspective.

Do they think I'm here for their girls?! And Soobin— well shit.

"Uhm, no, I don't think so. I'm here for, uhm, for—"

"Me. He's here for me." Their heads turned to the staircase when a sudden voice was heard. They were too busy girlling Kai that they didn't notice the footsteps.

Hussey stood there, brows raised, her red hair made her much more intimidating, her cat eyes scanned the room, lips raising into a small smile realizing who were there.

Kai's face lit up. There she is. Finally. He was about to stand to go to her when Hussey was the one who marched towards them.

The four boys blinked abruptly, Soobin finally realizing, Hussey then says something which left them confused. She smirks,

"I'm Yuna. I finally get to meet you all, in the flesh and not missing a piece."

###

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

37.5K 1.4K 29
[ completed + edited ] in which, a boy who had a secret that he kept from his best friend. but what does fate have in store for them? what if they ha...
12K 442 23
(Y/N) is recruited to a sports academy on a full-ride scholarship for both Volleyball and Girls Wrestling. There was a mix-up with the rooms because...
1.7K 141 15
'𝙱𝙴𝚂𝚃 𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂, 𝙱𝚄𝚃 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝚂𝚃 𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙼𝙸𝙴𝚂' 𝒜 𝐹𝐹 𝒜𝐵𝒪𝒰𝒯 𝒯𝒳𝒯 (𝒴𝐸𝒪𝒩𝒥𝒰𝒩, 𝒮𝒪𝒪𝐵𝐼𝒩, 𝐵𝐸𝒪𝑀𝒢𝒴𝒰, 𝒯𝒜𝐸𝐻𝒴𝒰𝒩...
20.1K 1.4K 42
When two girls are invited to a school fours away from the busy bustling city they live in. A boarding school awaits their presence and is ready to a...