System RUIN: Sweet Chaos

Af ETHERXXX

SYSTEM RUIN sent five individuals to prove that they stand by their objectives. A leader, a fighter, an actre... Mere

SWEET CHAOS
00 | character analysis
01 | system ruin
02 | the file
03 | south korea, copy
04 | first plan
05 | to all the boys we loved before
06 | the kwons
07 | the redheaded kwon
08 | the mischievous kwon
09 | the sweet kwon
10 | the infamous kwon
11 | aphrodite and her scratches
12 | attention? nuh uh
13 | yeah, she's good
14 | who is the boss?
15 | party bummer
16 | ariana grande
17 | how was day one?
18 | ruining thunders
19 | do you watch yadong?
20 | safe and saved
21 | soobin, remember that name
22 | a good night
23 | queen of disaster
24 | hyukai
25 | the first one
26 | loving soobin
27 | break in
28 | A-SAM 2503
29 | oh-so high
30 | captain's ball
31 | water fall
32 | a bottle of whiskey
33 | OPERATION: Avert Fiasco I
34 | OPERATION: Avert Fiasco II
35 | OPERATION: Avert Fiasco III
36 | pretend youth
37 | five sphinxes
38 | closed doors
39 | cinderella
40 | lie to me
41 | exception
42 | reasons
43 | who
45 | coincidence
46 | gentle
47 | the spot
48 | he who knows
49 | so long
50 | ears and a voice
51 | the system
52 | safe haven
53 | choice
54 | all in it
55 | worth it
56 | the curse
57 | the boys
58 | envisaged meet
59 | no
60 | from afar
Interlude: Hereafter

44 | golden red

1.5K 109 31
Af ETHERXXX

A/N: Low! This chapter is long for emphasizing purposes! Enjoy reading!

⚠️: Sexual harrassment, blood.

Hussey looks at Jisung, face in confusion as he sat infront of her with a serious face. Days have gone by and it surprised her to see him inside the library, added with solemnity. He stared at her, straight in the eyes without a sense of humor.

She peacefully stopped writing, putting her pen down and equalled the intensity Jisung was giving her. Head up high, she raised her brows and her eyes glared at him.

"Aaaah! Why can't I do it the same as yours?!"

Jisung's seriousness faded, pouting at the glaring girl that made him nervous. "You look so scary like that, I can't compete!" He whisper-shouted. Hussey slowly shook her head, sighing with a faint smile at his childlike-ness.

"Why are you here?" Hussey looked down on her notes, her forehead creasing for a minute before closing it and clutching on it. Jisung saw this and hums, "It's just that, you didn't have lunch with us since Tuesday, you're always here."

She looks at him, eyes wary and tired, giving an apologetic smile. "Yeah. Sorry about that, I have so much in my plate right now." She reasons out immediately making Jisung startled at the sudden apology from the Yuna.

"No. That's not what I meant... uhm, I'm just curious if something happened between you and Kai again. You two, uhm, looked pretty bothered the whole week." Jisung scrunches his face, looking away a little bit.

Hussey looks at him, somehow surprised at the topic she brought up. I know why he's bothered, he's still trying to figure things out. She thought. "No. We're fine. Why.. did he say something about me?" She simply asks, her eyes squinting at him to make sure he won't lie.

She was already sure that Kai didn't say anything, because if he did, she wouldn't be able to talk or sit with them that Monday. But nothing unsual happened except for him getting preoccuppied. He may unconsciouly pry on other people's businesses, but he doesn't let others pry on it too. That was one thing Hussey appreciated upon analyzing him.

Jisung widened his eyes, "N-No! He didn't. I just noticed it." He answers. Hussey smirked, "See? He didn't say anything, that means we're fine.." I guess. "Why? What did you notice?" She blinks her eyes abruptly, feigning ignorance to distract Jisung's thoughts.

But instead of shrugging it off, he exhales in a sad tone and says, "I know you two sometimes argue, but it's weird that you sit face to face, are batchmates but you don't say a word to each other. Yeojin is really bothered about you two. And don't even get me started with you not having lunch with us, it seems like you two are avoiding each other as much as possible. It's rather hopeless." Jisung rests his head on his right palm, staring away with a sigh.

Hussey wanted to sigh too, but she chose not too as it would mean that his conclusions were true, even if it was, she chose to smirk and raised her brows. "I'm not avoiding him—"

"Yeah, but I'm sure he is. He would change the subject when Yeojin brings it up." Hussey looked at him in disbelief, he looked so upset with a problem that doesn't involve him. Are we that.. obvious? She questions. God knows how she hated explaining herself, but she had to clear suspicions that would ruin her plans.

"Oh.. he is? I don't know. I'm not doing anything.." She shrugs it off. She licks her lips to add something when Jisung swiftly looks at her, his eyes widened and his mouth hanging. Hussey creases her forehead at the sudden reaction. She watches how he then nodded like he was agreeing with himself.

Leaning on a little, "I have a deduction.. so you're not ignoring him and you didn't do anything.." He whispers, catching her attention fully. She leans on a little to listen, nodding at what he was saying. "So?"

"And he's avoiding you... and is bothered when you're around... what if he.."

"He?" Hussey repeats, in a state of confusion at whatever he waa trying to point. She was just hoping Jisung didn't have an idea of what she is.

"He... He likes you?"

In a startled manner, she moves back with widened eyes. Well... that was out of topic. Jisung stared at her with a shocked manner too, they both had their eyes widened before Hussey looked away with a gulp.

"W-What? No! You're just overreacting." She giggled lowly, desperately trying to remove the topic.  "Trust me. I know how a boy reacts when he likes someone."

"No. You're wrong, alright?"

"Then how do you explain his behavior?! 

"He doesn't! It's just... a misunderstanding." Hussey reasons out, biting her inner cheeks to contain words coming out from her mouth.

Jisung raised his brows at her, "So you finally own it up?"

"Huh?"

"That you two fought over something again?" She mentally facepalmed, he came back at that part. She just didn't want them to misunderstood, and now.... well, this is just fucked up.

Hussey sighs in defeat, "Yes." She lies, it wasn't a fight but rather a misunderstanding. Jisung clicks his mouth, "Knew it! Anyways, you really have to talk you know.. it's the weekend tomorrow." He pouts.

Hussey was getting pissed, it wasn't comforting for her to let people decide what to do. But for the sake of Jisung shutting up, she had to do it. "Fine. Where is he?" She slowly stood, putting the notes to her bag with a frown.

I was too preoccuppied to think rationally. Uh, I hate this.

Jisung beamed, "I think they're done eating. So maybe he's waiting for your next class?" Hussey nods and gave him a bored wave as she leave the table.

I finally get to confront him. I was thinking I'd do it tomorrow, but today will do. She thinks, walking in a rather fast manner while staring at the red dot. Jisung was wrong, he was on the third floor, inside the men's restroom.

With long sighs, she waited outside, her her back leaning against the white corridors of the building. She needed to think thoroughly what to say, she has something in mind that could be a perfect  alibi, she just needed to explain it carefully and naturally.

Hussey sighed and looked at the red dot again, she stared at it and noticed that he was walking very slowly, at the end of the room. She glanced at the room again and looked at the phone. "That's.." She whispered, noticing how weird it was to see.

She looked at the time and noticed how it would be three minutes before their class, and Kai usually enters five or ten minutes before it stars— exception if he stays long in the cafeteria with his group. Hussey clicked her mouth, even when she was the ace, this was one of her biggest problems. She can read people very easily yet she couldn't sense anything, she couldn't sense danger or could atleast forget something so easily.

If she puts her mind to a place, it would partyly forget the other things. She couldn't multitask. Example? Kai's party, Kai in general during their operation, and now this. Her instincts in emergencies were numb, not like the others.

Julia was the best in spontaneous events, she could do things out of the plan. Joanne was more of finding fun in every mission she does, Judy is empathetic; helping her identify and justify those driven in emotions, and Lucy was very good in multitasking.

And Hussey... was just numb. She is very by the book of the plan, she is focused on the plan only, and her lack of sensitivy of things made her ruthless in killing. She doesn't find it necessary to forgive those who have done wrong, she doesn't find it important to value one's own happiness knowing it would never last, she doesn't need to focus on things that aren't important.

For her, giving you a taste of happiness would just make you crave for it more, until you starve in desperation of feeling it again. Desperate needs resort to desperate measures, and desperate measures means going out of the book just to taste it again. And what happens after that? You taste it again, crave for it again, starve for it again, and do desperate measures again, it's all a cycle until you're completely lost out of the book.

Still, her lack of emotion and sense of urgency became one of her weaknesses. She needed to overcome it.

She looked at the red dot, it was now on standby at the edge, she zoomed it in with a frown. She took a deep breath before turning it off, heading straight inside the men's restroom with a blank face.

Once she entered, she carefully walked inside one of the edges, still in a blank face.

What the fuck.

That was all she could think, her eyes staring straight to an unfamiliar man looking at him, with long hair and an unruly mustache, wearing a black jacket that covered his big body. He was glaring to her.

Holy fuck. Is this really happening?!

"Why are you here?!" His voice was high-pitched, contradicting his body. Hussey looked at him, creasing her forehead, "Why are you here?! This is a girls restroom!" She shrieked, her eyes glancing at the space between his legs to look for Kai.

She couldn't see anything.

He creased his forehead before saying, "Look at the urinals, dumb bitch. Can't you read the sign outside?" He says, his eyes gleaming in a different kind of light.

Those gleam looks familiar.

She the masks on a  surprised face after looking all over the room. "Oh." She gave an awkward grin to male, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She chanted and bowed again and again.

She turned her heel away, not minding to see his reaction, walking towards the door. She opened it, and closed it. Carefully turning herself to go in that edge again.

He's there. He's fucking there. And that asshole has a gun, he has a fucking gun! She thinks. Her mind putting possibilities on what he had done. Shit.. if he's dead... I'm gonna rip that man open and let the crows devour him.

Hussey couldn't feel anything but anger, she wanted to quickly punch and kill him using his own gun. But she needed to be careful. She's putting her life, Kai's life, and her fucking identity on the line. If she messes up, those three things would end up dead.

"Shit!"

She quickly ducked when a bullet passes through, her eyes widened at the sudden attack. "I know you're still there, don't even start with me!" The voice growled and stepped out, his gun pointed on her.

Hussey's eyes widened at this, raising her two hands up at the sign of defeat. The man was still looking at her, the gleam in his eyes still noticeable as ever, "So you're a girl..."

"Excuse me?" Hussey asked in disbelief.

"A girl agent was sent here to protect this kid?! Hah!"

She glared at him, her hands still up. "What? What are you gonna do? Glare at me 'til you cry? You suck at your job, kid." He mocked, stepping closer to aim on her neck. He marched beside her, she could feel his body on her right arm, her brows raised upon feeling his other hand rubbing on her back. "Well, the are other things you can suck.." He whispered.

Hussey creased her forehead upon smelling the familiar scent, but her mind then focused on the hand that was grazing from her butt, up to her back, drawing circles on it.

Motherfucker.

She could feel herself wanting to scream, she wanted to kill him directly. This is what I fucking meant, why would I sympathize with a human this hideous?!  She thought, her blood boiling.

I still haven't checked on Kai, shit. She thinks, her eyes looking at the edge where he appeared from. The man was slowly nearing her bit by bit, the gun was now pointing on her back as his other hand touched her stomach, rubbing it up.

She wanted to scream right now, his touches feels very disgusting. It was all over her and she just wanted to disappear at the moment. She wanted to go home. But she couldn't. She couldn't leave Kai there, she couldn't escape this man, not now.

"You smell nice..." The motherfucker has now dipped his head on her neck, she even had to raise her head a little bit to give him space. She was heavy breathing, biting her lower lip in furiousness and disgust.

When his head was now trailing the scent from her neck slowly down to his chest, she finally gave once deep breath before glaring at his head. His other hand was on her back with the gun, and the other touching her thigh, his head on her chest.

She looked at the edge. Kai.

Her left hand pulled a group of his hair and her rigjht hanfd swiftly pulled the the other one that had the gun. The man grunted at the pain and pulled the trigger that shot near the door. She flipped herself up, the man flipping with her with his head on her hand. 

Kicking the gun away, she pulled the small knife that was on the back of her pockets and pointed it on his neck, pressing it deeply on his neck with her eyes glaring at him.

"Where is he?!" She asks in a whisper-shout, voice unable to come out.

The man only chuckled that made her more furious. She pressed it deeply again that made him grunt, mark shwoing as drops of blood came out. "H-He's there! I didn't do anything to him! Just don't kill me!"

Hussey scoffed at the plead, the gleam on his eyes were now gone and was now replaced with fear. "I was just paid..."

"By who?!"

"Win.." He whispered, terrified.

Hussey gave him a smirked, letting the small knife graze from his jaw down to just above his collarbone. He hissed at the pain. She then scoffed and threw it away before slamming his head against the floor that resulted to him passing out.

She stared at the unsconscious body, giving a full punch on his face and a hwrs kick  on her stomach.

The touch was still lingering in her body and she felt disgusted. She felt so dirty.

She kicked him once more before ripping his shirt to pieces, tying both hands and feet together, she checked the blood on his neck, using the hood of the jacket, she tied his neck to stop the bleeding, the scar wasn't that deep. She pulled him just beside the door where anyone could see him directly.

She then reached for the gun, her hands were trembling as she unloaded it. She took the  blooded knife again and marched towaeds the edge.

Win. She thought.

Kai. Her thoughts screamed agan. She was trembling when she looked at the air jordan that she saw awhile ago when she bowed and bowed to apologize.

Her eyes becoming wary seeing him leaning on the edge of the corner, his eyes were closed and there was blood dripping from thr graze on his cheek. A small bullet whole not far from his head.

She dashed to him, her hand still trembling as she uses the smalll knife to cut the rope that was used to tie him up. She held his wrist to check or pulse, and when she knew he was still breathing, a sigh of relief came out. He's still alive.

That mere thought stopped her from trembling, she was now focused on Kai. She checked his body, no signs of injury except for the punch on his left cheek and graze on his right. She ripped her gold top and pressed it on his bleeding cheek slowly.

"Yuna." Kai suddenly said, Hussey was now wasn't surprised he was conscious all those times. The most important thing for her was to keep him alive, he was the thing that mattered the most for her.

"Yuna."

"Shut up. Just shut up for now... please." Hussey whispered, her voice shaking, still no voice coming out from her. She wasn't used to this. That was an almost for her. She nearly died, Kai nearly died, she was fucking harrassed, she felt so hopeless.

But.. he's alive. He's alive. She thought.

Kai gave a deep sigh, his body hurt so much. But he wanted to ask, he wanted to ask what the fuck he heard just awhile ago.

There was a scream just upon they heard the door opened, but Hussey didn't ever look back. She heard students calling for help outside but she remained staring at Kai.

He really wanted to ask her, but seeing her now, hearing her deep breathes awhile ago, he took it aside. He gathered all his strength before asking her, "Are you okay?"

That broke her. Just like a piece glass that got broken, tears started streaming down her face. She could still feel the disgusting touches all over her body, she could still smell his breathe, the feeling was replaying in her mind again and again and as much as how she wanted to focus on Kai, it still ruined her.

There was a commotion outside because of the body, she looked at her hand pressing the piece of cloth on his cheek, with tears silently streaming down.
It was the first time she almost failed her mission, and she got fucking harrassed.

Kai stared at her crying, silently raising his hand on the top of her head. "I'm sorry." He whispered, getting the hints why she was crying. He wanted to grit his teeth but his face was stinging. That fucking asshole.

Hussey hung her head low, "Ask me anything, I'll answer everything. Just don't... don't fucking leave my side from now on." She says in a hushed voice. Kai widened his eyes for a minute before sighing, pulling her head onto his chest, letting her cry there.

If this is what happens when I keep my identity a secret, then I'll fucking expose myself. Hussey thought.

Kai then took her hand from his cheek, putting it down. He then looked at the cloth the fell beside him, the gold cloth mixed with blood, it was golden red.

###

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

11.9K 442 23
(Y/N) is recruited to a sports academy on a full-ride scholarship for both Volleyball and Girls Wrestling. There was a mix-up with the rooms because...
152K 10.9K 107
two years ago the world found itself being emerged with death and violence, humans transformed into dangerous creatures with hunger for flesh, killin...
94.2K 4.1K 21
where strict, rule-abiding bodyguard kang taehyun is hired to protect chaebol heir choi beomgyu who is a walking menace to mental sanity. [#1 in kpo...
27.1K 1.4K 25
Beomgyu's childhood bestfriend/ crush randomly is nowhere to be seen and without a trace, soon, he finds out about his whereabouts and is given infor...