System RUIN: Sweet Chaos

By ETHERXXX

SYSTEM RUIN sent five individuals to prove that they stand by their objectives. A leader, a fighter, an actre... More

SWEET CHAOS
00 | character analysis
01 | system ruin
02 | the file
03 | south korea, copy
04 | first plan
05 | to all the boys we loved before
06 | the kwons
07 | the redheaded kwon
08 | the mischievous kwon
09 | the sweet kwon
10 | the infamous kwon
11 | aphrodite and her scratches
12 | attention? nuh uh
13 | yeah, she's good
14 | who is the boss?
15 | party bummer
16 | ariana grande
17 | how was day one?
18 | ruining thunders
19 | do you watch yadong?
21 | soobin, remember that name
22 | a good night
23 | queen of disaster
24 | hyukai
25 | the first one
26 | loving soobin
27 | break in
28 | A-SAM 2503
29 | oh-so high
30 | captain's ball
31 | water fall
32 | a bottle of whiskey
33 | OPERATION: Avert Fiasco I
34 | OPERATION: Avert Fiasco II
35 | OPERATION: Avert Fiasco III
36 | pretend youth
37 | five sphinxes
38 | closed doors
39 | cinderella
40 | lie to me
41 | exception
42 | reasons
43 | who
44 | golden red
45 | coincidence
46 | gentle
47 | the spot
48 | he who knows
49 | so long
50 | ears and a voice
51 | the system
52 | safe haven
53 | choice
54 | all in it
55 | worth it
56 | the curse
57 | the boys
58 | envisaged meet
59 | no
60 | from afar
Interlude: Hereafter

20 | safe and saved

1.4K 110 45
By ETHERXXX

Taehyun groans when he remembered he ditched night class once again. They had to practice a group dance in the agency for an upcoming showcase, and that means more ditching and less attending. "Thank God it's Friday." He mumbled, reminding himself he has no weekend classes.

The thought of laying in his bed until when he wishes to just excites him, the weekend was like a short-vacation to remind himself of his goals and to boost his motivation. It's like he works his ass off every day and the week end becomes his prize for doing so.

He made his way to a convenience store near the agency building, planning to buy ramen before going home to his dorm. They finished their practice at 11 PM, meaning the last bus had gone and he had to walk home to save money.

He paid for his stuff when someone bumped into him, he smelled a familiar perfume but shrugged it off as the someone immediately apologized and walked out. Upon reaching out, he felt the cold wind rush which made him pull up his hoodie up to his head, walking away with the lamp posts served as his light along the way.

His phone suddenly rang, not wasting his time to see the caller, he answered and sighed loudly. "Son? Are you there?" The familiar authoritative voice reached his line, he shut his mouth to avoid answering and continued walking, "I called your agency and they said you had logged off, I heard there's an upcoming showcase, you'll do well, I know. You're Kang Taehyun after all."

He then heard a bitter chuckle that made him sigh once again, the tiredness was clear in his father's voice yet he couldn't care less. He deserved it after all the things that happened to them, Taehyun thought. "What do you want? I want to turn the call off, my hands are hurting." He trails off with his tired voice.

He hears a deafening silence at the other line, "Hello? Dad?" He calls out. A muffle was heard before he answered, "Yes. I'm here, sorry about that. You should rest. Anyways, I'll say this directly. There's a party tomorrow, and everyone's bringing their children. How about you stop by tomorrow?" The uneasiness mixed with hope drained his father's authoritative voice to a soft one. He can feel his hesitation to ask.

Taehyun groaned and stopped walking, "You can bring Nahyun, Dad. I really want to rest. Gotta go."

"I see. Right, rest well, son, take—"

He turned the phone call with a sigh. "He only calls for the company." He mumbled, kicking the tiny rocks near him to vent his frustration.

"Stupid company—" He stopped when he heard a loud thud. He spaced out for awhile when an agonizing pain when started to spread on his head, throbbing. He grunted and held it, turning to his back at the same time when another hit was blown. He fell to the ground while wimping, his eyes droop as he tried his best to look at the face, yet all he saw was blur with light. The figure shown with a cap and a wood held in his right hand.

Taehyun was very scared, just thinking about dying early never occurred once in his life. He had set a long term plan until the end of his 50s.

A boy chuckled seeing him squinting like that, he tilted his head to see his face clearly. Taehyun's phone started ringing, he ignored it and came nearer.  He held his chopped wood firm to ready himself and give another blow when he felt a pang in his back, making him fall on top of Taehyun. Taehyun grunted when he felt the weight of the body.

The attacker stood up fast and turned with a kick, but failed when that someone held his foot. His eyes widened to see a young girl wearing track pants with a white shirt, her hair was in a ponytail, she looked so innocent yet her cold expression differed from her overall appearance.

Judy huffed seeing him taken back, she twisted his foot making him groan and immediately attacked him with a kick in his stomach, "Hong Junghyeok." Judy called out which made the attacker widen his eyes. He forcefully removed Judy's foot and stood to punch her yet she blocked and it returned the favor.

The boy clicked his mouth at when he felt his cheek stinging. Judy knee-highed his stomach, making him fall and cough to himself. Taehyun saw the smaller figure walk to him, still blur. His head was throbbing but chose to look at the one who fought with his attacker, he somehow saw some parts but his throbbing head distracted him thoroughly.

Taehyun watched the small figure as she touch his head to check, there was one thing that was glowing from her and he somehow noticed it because of the glow. He saw a silver necklace hanging in it's neck, it kinda looked like a dog tag. A mint-green bracelet in her other hand.

Judy examined him carefully, and then watched as he squinted his eyes to look clearly. She gave a small smile, but it faded when Taehyun suddenly groaned loudly and tried to stand. It suddenly hit her, yet it was too late when she felt the pang on her back. "Jävla rövhål." She hissed before turning herself to meet the boy.

He was smirking with the wood in his hand, he held it up to protect himself. Judy smiled sweetly before marching forward, "Hong Junghyeok." She called out. The boy bit his lower lip, "W-Who are you?! And why do you know me?!" He shouted in the middle of the silent night.

Judy's smile never left, "16 year old high school. Involved in gang fights, and likes to smoke. Poor boy, what would your hardworking Mom react when she finds out all the money she gives you to study went to cheap cigarettes and computer shops? I bet she'd have a heart attack and die since you stole the money she's saving for you future. She'd die because you have no money to pay in the hospital."

Judy remarked, still with a sweet smile. It looked so genuine that everyone wouldn't believe she was kicking someone just awhile ago. The boy blinked abruptly, getting scared as his body started to shake. "W-Who are you?!" She giggled as a response.

"My gosh, Junghyeok. You would be the death of your mother, and you would grow up poor and die by yourself." She says. Junghyeok stared at her, "Why are you messing with me?! Just let me do my damn job to pay my mom back! She won't die! I'll return her money!" He shouted with his voice breaking.

Judy's smile faded. She sighed and walked closer, "Look. If you want to pay the money you stole. Study well, be a good son, and make your mom happy. This job that you have is stupid, you think having money will make you happy? Lol, this guy" Judy motioned Taehyun, "Is fucking rich yet he's not happy. If you kill him, it will haunt you for the rest of your life. So, Junghyeok, don't ruin your life, you still have a lot of challenges ahead of you."

Junghyeok stared at her. The banging pain in his heart with his trembling hands. He slowly put down the piece of wood, and held his hands up. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I-I just wanted to make my mother happy, I'm sorry." He cried out and bowed down again and again.

Judy's heart broke seeing someone so young begging like he has his life on the line. She sighed and glanced at Taehyun who fainted then and there, she pulled him to an alley just beside the latter where they were hidden. "Who paid you? And how much?" She asks calmly.

Junghyeok was horrified, trembling as he shook his head. "N-No one. I just heard he's rich. I-I just wanted to steal his wallet when he faints." He says, his head hung low. Judy scoffed, she knew damn well this was his answer.

If the boy doesn't want to say the truth, then be it. She's not the kind to brutally force someone who has no intention of confessing.

She pointed the other end, "Go. If I see you tailing him once again, I'll spill it all to your family and you'll be drowning in your own blood." She gave a smile while speaking in a sweet voice. The boy hurriedly ran away as if someone was chasing him.

Judy sighed and turned to Taehyun, but got surprised when she didn't find him there. She pulled out her phone and hastily ran to where the red dot was. Upon reaching the location, she sighed in relief and calmed herself. Her eyes read the worried Mijoo, panicking Joongki, and calm Jiyeon who looked like she was calling someone, they were from the same agency of him and Judy.

She sighed and pulled a shirt from her backpack, then walked towards them who were seated outside the convenience store where Taehyun had bought noodles. His body was laid on three mono-block chairs and his head were on Mijoo's lap, she was checking him carefully.

She walked towards them and acted surprised. "Mijoo! Jiyeon! Joongki! Why are you here?" She calmly asks and walked towards them. She flinched herself and widened her eyes, "I-Is that... Taehyun?" She questions as if she didn't know.

Mijoo nods, she looked really troubled. "I found him near here." She answers, her lips quivering. She looked sincerely worried for the lad, but that doesn't bother Judy, she was also worried for him and she needed to be quick in checking on him. But she can't, not unless they were with him.

"I think he fainted." Jiyeon comments, "He must be very tired of practicing." He adds calmly, his expression remained blank, showing his laid-back expression.

"No! His forehead has bruises. I think someone attacked him." Mijoo states, carefully brushing his hair up to show them. Judy watched them act, Joongki was still speechless and his trembling hand showed he was panicking, Mijoo was near in tears, and Jiyeon is still trying to reach some people who could help the latter.

"What should we do? We don't have a car and Mijoo's house is near here, our dorms are just walking distance here." Jiyeon asks. Judy's ears rang, she was joyfully celebrating inside as she knows what to do.

"I can—"

"Can you just call me a cab, please? I'll send him to a hospital." Mijoo interfered, caressing Taehyun's forehead. Joongki widened his eyes, "We have exams tomorrow, M-Mijoo. And you still haven't studied because of practice. W-We also can't request for moved schedule or else we'll fail." He loudly remarks.

Mijoo burst in tears, "So what?! You go ahead and study for exams. All I know is I won't leave a friend in this state." She roared, arguing back. Judy could feel tension so she took this time to do what she planned.

"I brought my car today. How about I send him to a hospital and let him be checked, then you three go home and study? I don't have classes tomorrow." Judy reasoned out as quickly as possible, she looked at Taehyun and sighed deeply. Their arguments would kill this poor boy. She comments.

"A-Are you sure about that?" Mijoo asks, Judy nods. "Then be it. We trust you, Chaeryeong." Jiyeon gave a smile that weirded her out, it was weird that he smiled and also called her name.

Judy couldn't care less about that now. All she wants is to make sure that Taehyun is safe and saved.

"Wait for a second, I'll change into a new shirt. I'm sweating."

###

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 108 12
.ļ½”*ļ¾Ÿ+.*.ļ½” txt oneshots / imagines / scenarios started: 20/07/22 everything written here is FICTIONAL and written by me. it does not and will not refl...
8.8K 472 20
FALLEN ANGEL šŸ•·ļø ā”€ā”€ā”€ ā› in which :: a young women, whose an immortal demon, went on to punish five individual. tw // murder, r*pe, suicide, kidnappi...
34.2K 2K 30
āš™„š™©'š™Ø š™©š™š™–š™© š™©š™žš™¢š™š š™¤š™› š™©š™š™š š™®š™šš™–š™§.āž TXT a very popular boy group decided to go on a hiatus on their holiday. The boys found theirselves...
27.1K 1.4K 25
Beomgyu's childhood bestfriend/ crush randomly is nowhere to be seen and without a trace, soon, he finds out about his whereabouts and is given infor...