Chances (Sequel To New Beginn...

SideBra tarafından

Sequel To New Beginnings Chase and Ava's first year of college together is going to be one heck of a ride. Wi... Daha Fazla

Chances (Story/Cast/ Synopsis)
Prologue
Chapter 1: Restart
Chapter 2: Beginnings Are Overrated
Chapter 3: Introductions
Chapter 4: Green Eyes
Chapter 5: Giving You a Chance
Chapter 6: Lies Lies Lies
Chapter 7: Pancakes With a Side of Truth
Chapter 8: Party Fever
Chapter 9: The Devil In Disguise
Chapter 11: Chance After Chance
Chapter 12: Beach Day
Chapter 13: Emerald Isn't Meant For Everyone
Chapter 14: Keep Pretending
Chapter 15: Guilty Conscience
Chapter 16: Crumbling Brownies
Chapter 17: Once More
Chapter 18: Always and Forever
Chapter 19: Surprise after Surprise
Chapter 20: Hugh Hefner and his Unfortunate Bunnies
Chapter 21: Muah
Chapter 22: Trapped
Chapter 23: Wishing on a Shooting Star
Chapter 24: The Old Chase
Chapter 25: Whatever it Takes
Chapter 26: <3
Chapter 27: See You
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: Manifestation Nation
Chapter 30: Another side.
Chapter 31: Back of the Taxi
Chapter 32: Just a Piece of Your Heart
Chapter 33: Hole in One.. Sorta
Chapter 34: gunfire and lead
Chapter 35: Small Town Miracles
Chapter 36: His Lullaby
Chapter 37: Herbal Remedy
Chapter 38: Justice
Chapter 39: Chances.

Chapter 10: For the Cameras

1.1K 45 7
SideBra tarafından

"Show me the dance again." Chase said, as he was sprawled out on my tiny bed. 

I giggled knowing he had already seen the dance over a hundred times, "What's with you and this dance?"

Chase groaned loudly, "It's more of me imagining you in that tiny uniform and taking you in a hundred different spots with a hundred different positions." 

My cheeks flushed, and my mouth gaped open at his crude remarks. See, I should've been used to the way Chase spoke yet it was always something new and something that always amazed me. He was truly a remarkable character.

"I'll never get tired of that blush," he said pulling me close to him. He slowly kissed my lips, grabbing my body with his rough hands.

I pulled away, laughing. Chase frowned at my sudden outburst, my body lurched forward gripping the bed sheets dying of laughter.

"Do.. you.. remember.." I began laughing again, this time streams of tears flowed out of my eyes.

"Remember what?" Chase asked, a little smile playing at his lips.

"When.. you got hit in that alley?" I laughed loudly once again, and this time Chase put his hand over my mouth."

"Don't you ever bring that moment of weakness up again." I nodded quickly and he took his hand off my mouth. "I can't believe you disrupted my sexy time with that.. you're such a weirdo."

"Hey!" I protested throwing a pillow at him, "I'm not weird."

"You're my little cute weirdo." Chase smiled at me, kissing my forehead.

"At least I'm cute.." I muttered.

Chase pulled out his phone and began showing me his football highlights. As we watched his film, I was shocked that Cartia wasn't making a bigger effort on Chase. Of course, she hadn't completely stopped which sucked. There were times when he would still hang out with her or she would basically bribe him with football stuff. He always took the bait, but who wouldn't right? There were never any direct digs at me, in fact she was a bit nicer. As nice as Cartia could be, of course. I was just glad she wasn't going to interrupt our time today, at least I hoped. Chase had promised me a beach date tonight, and I was more than excited for it.

Speaking of the devil a picture of Cartia and Chase appeared on his phone as she called him. When did they even take that? And why was she calling him? I knew it was too good to be true, she was never going to stop pursuing Chase, and I sure as hell wasn't going to be telling him about her. Plus, like I've said many times before, Chase is in love with me our relationship is so much stronger than some sort of groupie. I was positive he would always choose me.

"What's up?" Chase asked.

I couldn't hear what Cartia was saying, thank god though. I'd probably imagine myself beating her to a pulp over and over and over and- Well, you get the point.

"Yeah sure, I can do that. What time?" Chase said into the phone. I rolled my eyes mentally knowing he was going to go with his new ' friend.' "I can now, but no later than 7, I'm taking Ava out."

He hung up the phone and got off the bed, slipping his shoes on quickly. "What'd she want?" I asked with an annoyed tone. I tried to mask it okay? But it's hard when you absolutely despise someone.

"She said she needed me and the boys for some pictures for her sorority. Is that cool?" Chase asked almost out the door, barely even letting me decide whether I should throw a fit or not.

"Um, sure. Are we still hanging out tonight?" I asked, a gleamer of hope on my face.

Chase leaned in to kiss my forehead, "Of course, be ready by 6:45 though. I want an extra fifteen minutes looking at your beautiful face." 

I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes, "You're such a smooth talker, you know that? But, I will definitely be ready by 6:30 instead." I playfully winked at him, before he kissed me one last time and headed out the door.

As embarrassing as it sounds, It felt like I might be in a triple relationship with Cartia and Chase. I just hated that he was blind to her antics and her advances. Just the fact that I could almost always see Mateo's advances and dodged them, why couldn't he do that with her? Was it the power she held, or was it her beauty he was tricked into seeing? Whatever it was, it didn't settle with me even though I told myself many times she had nothing on me. Could you blame me for being so insecure?

I checked my phone for the time and saw it was only 3 o'clock. Good thing classes ended for today, and I had some downtime to just chill. I know I'd need a nap to busy myself from all of this over thinking. 

***

It was 6:50 and Chase was yet to arrive. I sat on my bed in front of the mirror and immediately regretted my outfit choice. I was wearing the basic oversized shirt and denim shorts with my white sneakers. I don't know why my brain kept thinking if Cartia right now was wearing her infamous pink dress, and if she was wearing heels or if she had pretended to get cold and was wearing Chase's hoodie. My skin boiled at the thought.

I decided to apply some light makeup, and maybe one of Arabella's glosses hoping to amp up my look. I glanced at the clock once more and saw it was already past 7. My fingers ached to call Chase and see where in the world he was, but he had read my mind and was ringing me. Hopefully, he was caught in the LA traffic. 

"Hello?" I answered too quickly.

"Baby! Please don't be upset with me..." Chase led off.

I cut him off already knowing the aftermath of this conversation, "You can't make it?"

"I'm so sorry, Cartia's shoot got a little pro-longed and we're barely getting ours taken."

"I- you're taking pictures together?" I stuttered, feeling my heart drop. "Chase, you promised."

"I know and that's why I feel like such a dick, the schedule got pushed back if I wasn't halfway done I'd leave but you know how I like to finish what I start. " He finished saying. I heard Cartia's voice whining for him to hurry and finish the conversation. 

"Oh," 

"I would leave if this wasn't important you know that right?" I could hear the sincerity in his voice, which made me feel a little guilty for getting upset.

"I get it, have fun. Love you." I answered.

"Bye, I'll call you later yeah?"

"Mhm.." He hung up the phone, and I was left alone to stare at the reflecting of myself in the mirror. When had I become this insecure, pathetic girl?

"Good, you're here! I need you to do the biggest favor for me!" Arabella said barging into our room.

"Huh?"

"My friend Nikki bailed on our swimsuit shoot this evening, and I volunteered you to shoot with me since I knew Chase would bail on your date!" Arabella said too quickly grabbing me by the hand and rushing me out of the room. 

I was lucky I had shoes on already, otherwise I would be leaving barefoot. "We really need to work on your bluntness.. And why the heck me? I've literally never modeled in my life."

Arabella rolled her eyes, "How many times do I have to tell you that you're hot? I really need this shoot, it's going on Sunkini, I could use more exposure, and well we need to keep you busy."

"And what makes you think I wasn't busy huh?" I challenged.

"Babe, I know you more than you think." She started off her car, and we were off to who knows where. "Why'd he bail this time?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "He has a shoot with Cartia..." I said the last part more quiet hoping she missed it.

"That bitch? He ditched you for her? You're joking right? Ugh, why did you even agree?"

My eyes widened, knowing I looked so dumb. But she didn't know about Cartia's agreement with me, and frankly she was going to be the last person I would tell. I knew she would tell him in a heartbeat to protect me, but that was the last thing I needed to deal with. 

"Guess I'm just a nice person." 

"Guess so. You're gonna look so hot in these swimsuits, he's gonna wish he never bailed."

I hope so, Arabella. I sure hope so.

***

We were inside this huge glass building with tons of people inside. I saw a couple of stylist and makeup artists doing other models' faces. An entire squad of people were choosing swimsuits for everyone. It was crazy to think this was Arabella's daily job. 

Arabella led me to the station with a hair and makeup team, "Take good care of her guys, I'll be right back."

She left and I was left with these strange people who were tugging at my hair and applying makeup I had never used before. "Ugh, your cheek bones are literally to die for. What's your name girl?"

"Ava, you?" I shortly told them. The tall, dark woman nodded approvingly before she contoured my cheeks. Another lady lathered my shoulders with this glittery golden body oil. 

"Chanel for the cameras, but Anastasia on my birth certificate." I laughed at her sudden burst of energy, "You can call me Chanel though, is Ava short for anything?"

"Yeah, Avalon. I don't really like it though." I grimaced slightly remembering how my father used to call me that so often. 

"That's it! You're new model name is Avalon okay? It has so much more flavor, don't you think?" Chanel responded.

"I don't really like-"

"Nonsense! Own your name sis, unless you're named Gerry that's when you change it." She whispered to me.

"I heard that Chanel!" An older man in the fits station yelled over. We both looked at each other and began laughing. 

"Trust me, once these pictures are released onto Sunkini, everyone's going to be talking about 'Avalon.'" 

I had forgotten Sunkini was one of the biggest stores in LA because of their swimsuit lines. It had slipped my mind when Arabella had mentioned it, my mind was too focused on the fact that she had managed to drag me out of my room so fast. My nerves began to race back in, I wasn't made for a brand like Sunkini. Who was I kidding?

Soon enough Arabella came back with a scrappy golden bikini on, her hair was done in a high pony and her makeup was glowy and her eyelids were painted hot pink. She looked gorgeous to say the least.

She shoved a swimsuit in my hands and rushed me into the tiny changing area, I turned around and mouthed a thank you to Chanel. Not only did I thank her for my makeup but also for the inspiration behind my name. Something in me just let go, and I felt more free. 

I changed into a bright red bikini. The top was a bandeau style and the bottoms were a bit cheeky and sit on top of my hips. I had on the chunkiest white sneakers with socks. I placed the grey bucket hat on top of my curled flows hair. I peaked at myself in the mirror and actually felt comfortable in my skin. My mind didn't drift off to see what Cartia would look like in this, it didn't think about how I would rather be in Chase's hoodie. I felt like I belonged. Something in me wanted to strut off into the middle of Hollywood and show it off. Would I ever do that? Hell, no!

I stepped out of the changing room and Arabella was in awe. I loved that she never hid her emotions, she really brought out a more confident side to me. "You're killing it! I knew red would be your color."

"You always do have the best taste.. by the way, thanks." 

She furrowed her eyebrows, "For?"

"For being a really good best friend." 

She threw her head back and laughed, then she stared at me. "What? Do I have something on my face?" I began to look in the tiny mirror behind me and seeing if I had stains of some sort on my freshly made up face.

Arabella grabbed my hand from my face, "No one's ever called me their best friend and been genuine about it before." She pulled me into a tight hug which I immediately returned.

It sounded crazy but I knew that if things didn't end up working out between Chase and I, which I hoped I was wrong about by the way. I knew I would have Arabella, and that was something I would eternally be grateful for. 

***

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

380K 8.7K 42
Ava moved from a small town in Minnesota to a busy town in California. Soon after her move, she meets the towns "Bad Boy." Will she be able to resist...
109K 2.4K 33
An anxious homebody gets roped into her university quarterback's scheme to get back at both of their exes. **** Highest rating: #7 in books | 7 - 1...
116K 5.7K 43
❝We were quite a cliche, weren't we?❞ he smirked but I ignored the pang it spread in my chest. ❝We were. But this is real life. We can't hang on fan...
2.5M 74.7K 78
After being cheated on by her fiancé, the last thing Lydia wants to do is room with her brother and his 2 roommates, but what happens when she has no...