The Broken Photoframe - A Dar...

By loveisasweetpoison

[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a po... More

🦋Author's Note🦋
🦋 Story Trailer🦋
1. Hark Back To...🦋
2. New🦋
3. Amor🦋
4. Prince Charming🦋
5. Dreamcatcher🦋
6. Soccer🦋
🦋Cast+Characters🦋
7. Cheesy🦋
8. Love birds🦋
9. Chemistry🦋
10. Distraction🦋
11. Falling...🦋
12. Secret?🦋
13. Little Bro.🦋
14. Citrus🦋
15. Wild Kitty🦋
16. First Kiss🦋
17. Shadow🦋
18. Because Of You🦋
19. Nice To Meet You🦋
20. Law of the Jungle🦋
21. Right thing to do🦋
22. Smell of burning🦋
23. Early Christmas Gift🦋
24. Missed Out🦋
25. Red Wine🦋
26. Ignite🦋
27. Nothing More, Nothing Less🦋
28. Scandal 🦋
29. Bitterness🦋
30. Small Chat..🦋
31. Midnight Call🦋
32. Big Sister🦋
33. Thump🦋
34. Thank you🦋
35. Shopping🦋
36. Not bad🦋
37. Mrs. Ryan🦋
39. Blue🦋
40. The Vow🦋
41. Damn Heart🦋
42. Emerald🦋
43. Sweet Temptation🦋
44. Inner-beast🦋
45. More than enough🦋
46. Drunk On Me🦋
47. Sky Is Pink🦋
48. Been A While🦋
49. Missing Pieces 🦋
50. The Broken Photoframe 🦋
🦋Thank You🦋
🦋Book #2 Alert!!🦋
🦋Kindle🦋
🦋Not an update🦋

38. Golden sand🦋

1.3K 89 54
By loveisasweetpoison

Later that grand wedding flowed into the reception party smoothly and was in a full swing. Ron chose Leeds castle for our wedding. It was the world's loveliest castle and my most favourite. I was so surprised when I heard that we would hold our wedding there. It was my lifelong dream to have a private party in that enchanted castle. I didn't know why Ron voluntarily chose that castle, but I was beyond my ecstatic happiness.

After we had taken the vow, we gradually headed towards the castle's big open area where the splendid reception party was arranged. The warm sunlight was brimming through the long willow tree branches, making the dazzling white flowers glow. The grand castle and the open area was artistically surrounded by a lovely lake. And the castle's main attraction, pretty black swans, were swimming leisurely on the lake. Everything was just fairy-tale perfect.

There were likely thousands of blossoming flowers out there, serving as a pleasant fragrance. They had set the magnificent tent over a wooden dance floor which was set up on the luscious grass, under two of the ancient cedars, gracefully decorated in pale pink, glittering silver and irresistible ivory drapes with its sides open, facing the picturesque lake. A lavish buffet was arranged at the other end of the tent.

We had been blessed with fine weather. Things slowed down, relaxed as the late May afternoon surrounded us tenderly, the sun shone over that aesthetic lake. The little crowd spread out under the tent and around the lake, and we were again surrounded by the friends we'd just embraced. Lucy introduced me to other relatives and family friends. Ron was busy with his friends.

Some people were dancing merrily and laughing happily with each other. We already finished the garter ceremony. It was so awkward having Ron inside my gown. I requested Ron beforehand to toss the garter at Ian's direction. Ron had an amused expression on his face, he didn't ask me the reason, though. When Ian caught the garter, he looked so clueless. Rose came and took the garter from his hand with a wink.

I was sitting on a chair with Rose. Exhausted and tired with those fancy skittles. How could people walk with them? They were literally torture on feet.

Anna and Eva were roaming around the other area of the castle. It was a famous tourist spot. They didn't want to waste the rare chance to explore that attractive place as a VIP guest. Oli came to me with two champagne flutes in her hands. She extended one flute to me.

"Champagne?" She asked in a cherry tone.

"Yes, please." I took one from her. I usually didn't drink, but it was my wedding day. I really needed to get drunk.

"David wants to congratulate you," She said quietly as she was playing attentively at the edge of her glass with her finger like it was an Oscar, she just won after beating hundreds of competitors.

I blinked for a few moments like a stupid.

"David?" I asked her to make sure I heard right. "What is he doing here?"

"He is her guest," Rose smirked at me slyly. I looked at her confusedly.

She looked up at me with a shy expression.

H.O.L.L.Y.F.U.C.K.

OLI WAS SHY!

Suddenly I grasped the whole situation. I grinned at her teasingly. She went bright red as a ripe tomato.

"What!?" She said with a flustered look. "You guys told me to give him a chance."

"Yeah, yeah, sure," I and Rose both said wittily with the same smug expression on our faces.

"You guys are such a prick!" She huffed, annoyed as she tried to hide her shyness. She looked around and waved her hand to someone. I looked wonderingly at her direction. I could see David. Wow, who knew that David could scrub up so well?

"Hi, Liza." He smiled amiably as he fidgeted on his feet. "Congrats."

"You guys talk, I'll be right back." Oli voluntarily left us alone. She didn't forget to take Rose with her.

We both shifted back and forth uncomfortably. There was an odd awkwardness in the air.

"So," David cleared his throat carefully, "Oli told me everything." He looked at me anxiously.

"She did?" I felt a lump in my throat.

"Yes." David nodded his head slowly. We fell silent again.

"Does..," I hesitated a little, "does Brant know about the truth."

"I tried." He shook his head. "But he told me if I mention anything related to you in front of him, he will sever every ties with me." He looked at me with a sad expression. "We are childhood best friends. He is like my brother. I became selfish. Sorry, Liza."

"Please, don't." I smiled sadly. "Everything just happened. And we just did what we thought was best at that time."

He smiled thinly at me.

"So, I think..." his sentence was cut by someone.

"Hello." Ron stood beside me confidently with both hands in his pockets.

"Oh, hi." David straightened up. "My name..."

"David Roy. Major is the history of cricket. Same college as Liza and currently dating my sister." Ron completed his long sentence before David could start, with a calm smile on his face. I looked at Ron with a gaping jaw.

WOW!!

"You know quite a lot about me." David smiled affably when he recovered his shock.

"Of course," Ron smirked. "I know every single thing about my loved ones. And you are dating my sister, who was never affected by anyone."

"That's true." I smiled reassuringly.

"Sorry for interrupting, can I borrow my bride for a dance?" Ron asked politely.

"Oh, I am so sorry," David gasped a little and promptly raised his both hands in a surrender pose.

"Please, she is all yours." He shook his head smilingly and stepped back a little. "Later, Liza." He smiled at me and left us alone.

"Ready for dancing?" Ron stretched out his hand graciously.

"I don't think it's a good idea." I pursued my lips unsure. "I don't want to be the laughable stock at my own wedding."

"Don't worry." Ron smiled indulgently as he held my hand lovingly. "I got you."

He slowly led me to the dance floor. Everyone scooted over to voluntarily give us some ample space. Ron put both of my hands on his broad shoulder and grabbed my waist securely.

"Now, step on both of my feet," Ron instructed me carefully. I arched my brows at him curiously.

"This is the safest way to dance without tripping." He grinned slyly.

I hesitated a little but followed his every instruction properly. I slowly stepped on his shoes. Ron started to sway both our bodies gracefully with the same rhythm.

"So, You spied on David," I asked Ron as we continued our dancing. He chuckled in a low tone.

"I just made sure, he is not a harm to my sister." He said as bit his lower lip lightly.

"Does Oli know?" I asked and he smiled at me slyly.

"Can we keep it a secret between us?"

"I'll think about that." I smiled mischievously.

"Ron, dear." We stopped when Lucy called us affectionately. She was standing with Allan. I stepped down from Ron's feet and walked slowly to them.

"You look so lovely." Lucy kissed my cheek tenderly. Allan hugged my shoulder lovingly.

"Oh, right." Lucy looked at Allan. Allan took out a silver jewellery box and gave it to Lucy. Lucy turned to us with a wide smile on her face.

"A small wedding gift from us." She gave that ornate box to Ron. Ron chuckled a little.

"You really don't have to..." Ron tried to speak.

"Shush..." Lucy silenced Ron. "It's for Liza."

Ron smiled indulgently and opened the box attentively. He became speechless after unlocking the box. I became curious. What could make Ron speechless? I peeked inside the box and saw...

SAND.

There was a handful of gleaming sand inside that precious box with a little mix of glitter.

"Mom...dad....I...I..." Ron was struggling to find words. "Thank you."

Why was he so surprised? Did he never see sand, or he never played on a sandpit of any park?

"Isn't it Liza?" Ron looked at me admiringly.

"Yeah, it is... totally awesome." I quickly smiled at them. Did I give the proper response?

"I think you guys should get ready to leave." Allan spoke up.

"Sure." Ron smiled. Allan and Lucy took their leave.

"I need to change first," I told Ron tiredly.

"Why?" Ron looked confused. "You look tempting. Keep it on."

I knew the whole situation was fucked up, but still, that complement from Ron made me blush.

"Will we take a car or a flight?" I inquired.

"Flight," Ron informed me.

"Then I don't want to take the risk of ripping my dress." I didn't want to imagine stumbling in the flight with hundreds of people, mopping the floor with my dress.

"You can change it in the flight's bathroom." He said casually.

I squinted my eyes at him. Did he just tell me to change my wedding dress in the flight's little square bathroom? Did he go mad? Well, I guessed a man could never understand a woman's problem.

"I don't want to."

"Come on, you will be fine." Ron ensured me.

"Ok, fine." I gave up at last. It was my wedding day, and I wouldn't wear that dress anymore. And I kinda knew that I was looking charming. "I need to pack my clothes."

"Ok." Ron stopped on his feet. "Make it quick."

I asked Oli and Rose to help me. We headed to my room and quickly started to pack some of my necessities.

"Won't you change?" Rose asked me curiously.

"She can change in the flight's bathroom," Oli replied. I paused. What was wrong with them?

There was a soft knock on the door. Rose opened the door to find my Anna. Eva in tow. They started to help Oli packaging.

"Where are you going?" Eva asked me.

"I don't know," I answered earnestly.

"Ron didn't tell you?"

"No."

We quickly finished the packaging and went downstairs. I found mom, dad and Arthur waiting for me.

"You look so lovely, love." Mom gently tucked some loose hair behind my ear and stroked my cheek in an affectionate way. "I am so happy for you." She pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back. I looked at dad. He was smiling sadly.

"How the heck I didn't notice that my little princess grew up into a fine lady!" He told me between his sniffles. Joyful tears pricked the back of my eyes. Oh no, so far I have managed not to cry.

"Oh, dad..." I broke into a sob and quickly hugged him. He hugged me with a bear hug.

"Ron is very lucky to have you," dad said contentedly. We broke our hug with force.

I turned to Arthur. He maintained a smug face to conceal his sadness.

"Finally, I can have that room" He smiled cheekily. I smiled in between my sniffles. We stared at each other for a few moments, then quickly hugged each other.

"I will miss you terribly," he whispered. His voice was hoarse.

"Me too." I kissed his cheek adoringly.

Ron came and stood beside me. I broke the hug and wiped my tears.

Dad shook his hand. "Take care of her, Ron."

"I will, Matt." He nodded his head understandingly. He nodded his head to dad and kissed mom's cheeks.

"Ready?" Ron extended his hand to me gaily. I nodded my head as I slowly took his hand.

The rest of the wedding guests had formed a long human arch for us to travel through, leading to the car. Taking my hand Ron led me to the car traditionally while everyone was shouting for us gleefully and throwing rice at us. Waiting with warm smiles and hugs at the end of the arch was Lucy and Allan. They hugged and kissed us both in turn.

Ryder and Ian were waiting for us in front of the car politely. As Ron opened the car door for me, I turned smilingly and tossed my red roses bouquet into the crowd of young women. Rose beat them all by catching the bouquet, grinning from ear to ear.

Once I slid into the car carefully, Ron bent down to gather the hem of my dress. He tucked the dress properly into the car and bid his hearty farewell to the crowd. Ian entered the car after me.

Ryder held the car door open for Ron, "Congratulations, sir."

"Thank you, Ryder," Ron replied affirmatively as he took his seat beside me.

As Ryder pulled away, I looked back from the car for my family. The last image I registered was dad had his arm wrapped tenderly around mom. Mom had one arm tight around dad's waist and another free hand was holding Arthur's wrist. They looked relaxed and happy.

At that moment I was glad that I made that biggest decision of my life.

*********

Author's note:

Damn, I just remembered my wedding day.

Me: You demon. You monster. You took me away from my family.*pulling husband's hair forcefully*

Husband: Ouch, ouch, Sorry, sorry. I won't do it again. Pleased spare my life.

Vote
comment
share 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
138K 3.1K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
777K 20.2K 47
"Watch it." "Watch it," I mock him in a whisper, feeling brave. Suddenly, he gets up from his stool and stalks towards me. His large frame towering o...
26.8K 1K 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...