Flicker in the Night

By Violet_Rain95

Hit with an unplanned pregnancy, Valentina finds herself thrust into a life she never saw coming. She struggl... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Rangers
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Stirder
Valentina
Unknown
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Author's Note!
Where I am at.

Valentina

18.7K 630 50
By Violet_Rain95

I shot up in bed covered in sweat again looking at my clock to see that it read one again. Frowning to myself I hope this doesn't become a requiring thing. I got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. Turning on the shower while I striped my clothes. I smiled to myself and turned to my side. My belly was getting bigger each day I rubbed my hands over my stomach in a soothing manner.

"Mama loves you little one," I gasped when I felt her kick my hand.

I tapped my belly and laughed when she kicked there. I did it again and so did she. I probably looked like a crazy person laughing to myself right now. "Okay little one. I need to shower,"

I stepped into the warm water and boy did it felt good. When I started washing my body she kicked my hand. I smiled shaking my head someone wants to play. I cannot wait for Brianna to feel this. She is going to have a heart attack! After I finished my shower I wrapped a towel around my body. Then walked back to my room but just as I step foot in to my room. Someone wrapped their arms around my waist and put their hand over my mouth. As I tried to scream. Whoever it was pushed me on the bed while turned me on my back.

"You need to get new locks for you doors and windows." I struggling under him but realizing I had to protect my baby. So I stopped, feeling helpless as ever. "A baby can pick those locks," I finally placed the voice.

Strider.

"I'm going to move my hand. Are you going to scream?" I looked into his eyes as he did me. I shook my head the best I could. He slowly removed his hand just to see if I was going to scream. When I didn't he rested it next to my head.

He study my face when he saw a tear escape my eye. He brushed it away. "You didn't have to scare me like that," I whispered looking away from him.

"Would you have let me in if I knocked on the door?"

I looked back to him. Is he stupid? I started to study him. He had short black hair. Strong jaw line that looked like it was sculpted to perfection. He had broad shoulders with muscle to die for. Grey eyes. But what caught my eye was the one percent patch on his vest. Without thinking I raised my hand and traced it. Soon realizing what I was doing I pulled my hand away.

"Not if you were going to scare me half to death," I answered his question.

I moved a little trying to get his weight off my belly.

"If you don't stop moving like that. I won't be able to stop myself from what is going to happen," he took a deep breath in.

At first I was confused about what he was talking about. Till I felt him get hard. My eyes went wide. My heart picked up I haven't had sex since Armani! Thinking about having sex with someone who isn't the baby's father felt dirty to me.

I swallowed hard.

"C-can you please get up," I whispered.

He opened his eyes scanning my face then my body; he smirked when he realized I was just in a towel. "What's wrong babe. Don't like the way I'm making you feel?"

No, I love the way you making me feel. Not that I will tell him.

I was about to say something when he started grinding his hips into mine. I felt my core being set on fire as well as feeling of wetness between my legs. I shut my eyes. I didn't want to like this feeling but I did. How do I know I can trust him? I'm pregnant for crying out loud! He got a steady rhythm going and without putting too much pressure on my baby. I started to breathe hard I didn't want to like this but my hormones are winning this one.

"I'm pregnant," I blurted out.

I felt him chuckle as he started kissing down my neck. He stopped by my ear "I know but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying this." he placed another kiss. He even sucked my neck, which felt really good.

I ended up moaning and arching my back into him.

But then his weight was gone. I opened my eyes to see that he had move to my dresser and was going to my things. He turned around throwing panties and a bra at me. He then picked out some shorts and a tank top handing them to me.

I sat up holding the towel.

"Thank you," I felt my cheeks heat up.

He gave me a short nod "I'll be in the living room,"

He left the room closing the door behind him. I groan falling back on my bed he just had to do that now I'm all hot and bothered. I need to invest in a vibrator or something. I put on my clothes and then made my way out of my room. I felt weird having a man in my apartment it's different when Frank or when Alex is here. But, with Strider I have this strong attraction.

I'm not sure if is bad or good though.

I came around the corner to see him looking at a picture on the side table. It was the first picture I got of my little girl. I stood back just watching him. I jumped when he started talking "When did they take this?"

How did he know I was here?

"Umm...when I first found out I was pregnant." I rubbed my hands down my thighs.

He looked over and took me in "You don't have to be scared of me."

"Well, I would have believed you. If you didn't pull what you did," I started "Why didn't you just knock?" I questioned.

He shrugged "This seemed more fun,"

"I could have went into labor," I tried to act mad but the smile still slipped.

"Yeah, Then what's that smile for?" he shot back.

I turned and walked into the kitchen "Are you thirsty?" I asked grabbing a glass then turning to look at him "there's water, apple juice, and tea." I listed off the things I had.

"Water is fine," I nodded pouring it in the glass then handing it to him.

I poured me some tea and took a seat at the table. I monition for him to take a seat. As I took a sip of the tea he took a seat across from me "So what is the real reason you came here? I'm sure it's not because you wanted to check my locks."

He nodded he looked to be thinking. Looking back to me his eyes bearded into mine "I told myself that I would stay away from you."

What was that supposed to me? "I can't stop thinking about you. Ever since I saw you back at the hospital. I have to admit I was jealous of Hayden. When you guys were talking outside the other day. Even though I know he has an old lady," He answered my unanswered question. But confused me more.

What the hell does he mean by old lady?

"When I saw that little prick pin you to the wall. I wanted to kill him on the spot."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I don't know. You fucking confuse me, every time I think of you. My dick gets hard and not even an easy lay can help my throbbing cock," he groaned out.

"I-I don't know what to say to that." I said feeling a little uncomfortable I'm not use this kind of talk.

I shifted uneasy in my chair and clear my throat.

"Nothing, don't say nothing." With that he got up from his chair picking me up from the chair and started walking back to my bed room.

What was he doing?

He laid me down then climb in next to me. I was about to ask what he was doing but he beat me to it "Go to bed. You were crying in you sleep. You need rest," there was no room to argue.

I wonder how long he has been in my apartment. But I did what he asked.

***

When I woke up again to find my bed empty, I looked around frowning could I have dreamed about him? I got up and threw on some clothes and my hair in a messy bun. My body was humming. My back was no long sore from what happened the other day. But I couldn't believe we almost had sex. Man! These fucking hormones I swear. If I see him I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. He could have at least told me he was leaving.

I would have been fine with that.

I felt my eyes water but I felt mad, damn these stupid hormones. I turned the corner to see Strider kneeled on the floor messing with the door. "Good morning?" it came out more like a question.

"Morning, how did you sleep?" he asked not taking his eyes off the door.

"I slept okay," I said looking around at all his tools "What are you doing?"

I felt happy that he didn't leave that he was still here. It made my little tantrum I had with myself look silly. I shook my head at myself. "I'm putting new locks in," he looked over at me. His eyes ranked over me.

I felt my cheeks heat up.

"These are deadbolts, no one will be able to kick the door in. It's hard to pick the lock with this one. I'm going to do the locks on the window as well," I nodded looking at the windows.

What's wrong with my windows?

"Why are you doing this? I mean I'm thankful and all. But, I just met you no one has ever been this nice to go out their way for me. Other than Frank and Bri's family." I felt bad that he was going out of his way for me "Did Frank put you up to this?"

He stood up closing the door and testing it "I told you last night how I felt about this. So stop questioning it and just accepted it for what it is." I was confused with his answer, it didn't give me much to go on.

I nodded and went to the fridge looking for something to eat "Are you hungry?" I asked not looking at him.

"A little bit but I'll be alright," I rolled my eye.

Men.

I pulled out eggs, bacon, than I started peeling potatoes than diced them. Once that was done I put them in water while I heated up the pan. Adding a bit of oil I waited for a few seconds then I added the potatoes, salt and a bit of pepper. I proceed by putting bacon on a pan. Cracking eggs into a bowl scrambling them adding a bit of pepper. I stirred the potatoes around checking if they are soft. Then turning the bacon over finally adding the eggs to the potatoes. I scrambled it till the eggs were cooked then turning off the stove.

I turned around to get some plates only to stop. Because Strider was sitting at the table watching me. I looked at what I was wearing then back to him "What?" I asked confused.

He smirked a little then shook his head "You were just so focused on cooking. It's cute. You make this face." he stated "And your ass looks good in those shorts,"

I gasp throwing the spatula at him. Only for him to move out the way before it got to him "You were watching my ass the whole time?" It only caused him to laugh.

"I can't help it. You have a nice ass," he said half shrugging.

I started mumbling to myself about how guys are pigs. Always thinking with their little buddy instead of their brains. I got two plates out putting food on them. I sat down sliding the other to him. No one said anything for a bit. We were just enjoying the food but I wanted to ask him questions about what he said yesterday.

"Can I ask you some questions?"

"I might have answers," he said in a flat tone.

I looked up at him thinking what I should ask first. But that one percent patch caught my eye again "What's the one percent mean?"

He nodded looking down at it. "The one percent means a full pledge member in the Motorcycle club. We are untrusting of the citizen lifestyle because everyone is only out for themselves. But us biker's. We have our brothers who will always be there for one another. To back him up in whatever threatens him or his family. No club that is not hardcore enough is allowed to wear a one percent patch. Usually worn on a diamond-shaped patch."

I took in what he said even more question popped in my head "What about old lady? You said Hayden had an old lady."

He raised an eyebrow at me putting his elbows on the table. He didn't say anything so I thought maybe I was over stepping. "You don't have to tell me. I'm sorry if I'm over stepping,"

"You're not over stepping," he started "An old lady is a woman with wife status. Sometimes there is a legal marriage but it's all a personal preference. Some of us one percenters firmly believe in marriage, others don't."

"We also give them a property patch; it's where a one percenter's take's a girl as his old lady. Usually reads the name of the guy she is with. It tells other club members that she is taking and not up for grabs. The brothers in the club will look after her as well." I shook my head.

Wow just wow!

"You say it as if us woman are something just to own. I mean Property patch really?" I said looking at him "We are not something you can just clam like that," I pointed out.

He nodded "You will understand it more as time goes on. You see a property patch. While my brothers and I see a loyal girl who has earned the title of being an old lady. We just don't hand it out to any girl. Because to the club, an old lady is well-respected and care for."

I sighed it still bugs me but who am I to judge them? I don't even know that life "okay, I may not like or understand it. But I won't judge something I do not fully understand," he nodded.

"What else do you want to ask?" He said leaning back in his chair.

I looked at his vest "So you're in a Motorcycle Club," I said unsteady "Should I be worried?"

He shook his head "We are not what people make us out to be. We are a family, a unit. We look out for each other no matter what. I'm not going to lie to you. We do get in fights and yes they get messy. But we only do what we do to make sure our brothers and their families are safe. Even if that means having to take out the guilty party," I felt a little sick.

I guess my face gave away what I was felling "But I will never hurt you nor will Aiden, and Frank. Frank use to be the club president before he handed it to Aiden. Frank see's you as family. So Aiden is going to do whatever he can to make sure you are safe."

I looked at him shocked Frank use to be in a Club? Not only that but the president! I swallowed "But Aiden doesn't even know me. I can understand why Frank is helping me but Aiden?"

He nodded but then something crossed his face "Come to the club and see for yourself. See that we are not all bad as you think. We are having a party for Hayden and his old lady Maya. They are getting married and you can meet her and the other old ladies,"

I took in what he said do I want to go? I mean I'm carrying a baby. I have to think of her first before anything. "I don't know. I have to think about my little girl first and I'm not sure if a party is a good thing right now."

"The old ladies would be all over you. Most of them have kids themselves. Just think about it you don't have to decide today." He said standing to putting his empty plate in the sink then taking mine.

I sighed "I'll think about it," I looked around not sure what to do now.

"What do you have planned for today?" he asked leaning on the skin making his muscles bulge a bit.

"Umm... Bri's mom is taking me shopping today." I want to look at baby clothes and other things

"If you don't mind. I'm going to hang around to set up alarms on the windows and doors." I was shocked how much he was going to do.

"Oh Strider, you really don't have to do all this for me," I said giving him a look

He shook his head walking over to me he placed two hands on either side on me trapping me in. "In case last night didn't give it away. I'll tell you again." he started and caught my eyes with his.

"Your. Mine. That means no one is ever going to touch you again. In anyway and if they do then I'll put them six feet under." his voice was hard yet soft. I don't know how he pulled that off

But he did.

But then I realized what he said and I shook my head looking away. "I'm pregnant. You should find someone who is not caring another man's baby." I looked back to him "I don't feel right about dragging you into this mess. When it is not yours to bear."

I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back he stood up straight "I have to get ready." I whispered walking away.

I didn't get that far because he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me back into him. I felt his breath on my neck "I meant what I said. If anyone touches you. They are dead," I got out of his hold to turn to look at him.

"We are not even dating. So you can't go around hurting people who get close to me," I shook my head "I've had a crappy life. People telling me day in and day out. What I should and should not do! I don't need you adding to it!"

"What are you having?" he asked lightly reaching out for me lightly put his hands on my stomach.

I felt relaxed when he started to lightly rub in a small circle "a girl," I whispered.

"Right, I remember you said little girl earlier." I watched as he ran his hands under my shirt. His hands were warm made me want to get closer to him. Is it weird that I felt safe in his arms even thought I just met him?

I even slept with him. Before I got to know him. Well not sex just sleep. I mentally shook my head. I did the same with Armani before I even got to know him God how my life turn out this way? I need to clear my head and I know just the place to do that.

"I'm going to shower," he nodded and watched me walk off.

He confuses me. I need to get my feeling on check before I lose control of everything.

--------------------------------

hmmm she let her hormones get in the way of her mind, what do you guys think of Strider? I know for sure in the next chapter I will start building a base on who and how he is, so you can get a better feel on him and on the how Hell Raisers are as well, with more twists to come. 

VOTE,COMMENT

-Violet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.5K 1.6K 42
Completed | First draft | cliche | unedited Book 1 - can be read as a standalone. • • • K-I-S-S-I-N-G First comes love, Then comes marriage, Then...
176K 4.2K 27
Finding out she was pregnant was something that changed Valentina's world. Firstly, her baby father Michael was one of the most dangerous mafia bosse...
272K 9.6K 43
SEQUEL TO CHEATED THEN KNOCKED UP BY ROMANO BOOK 2 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY ➡ THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLI...
797K 15.6K 50
Violet Balenciaga:•: She just found the courage to leave her toxic, abusive relationship. The one time she gave love a chance after the love of her l...