The Broken Photoframe - A Dar...

loveisasweetpoison tarafından

[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a po... Daha Fazla

🦋Author's Note🦋
🦋 Story Trailer🦋
1. Hark Back To...🦋
2. New🦋
3. Amor🦋
4. Prince Charming🦋
5. Dreamcatcher🦋
6. Soccer🦋
🦋Cast+Characters🦋
7. Cheesy🦋
8. Love birds🦋
9. Chemistry🦋
10. Distraction🦋
11. Falling...🦋
12. Secret?🦋
13. Little Bro.🦋
14. Citrus🦋
15. Wild Kitty🦋
16. First Kiss🦋
17. Shadow🦋
18. Because Of You🦋
19. Nice To Meet You🦋
20. Law of the Jungle🦋
21. Right thing to do🦋
22. Smell of burning🦋
23. Early Christmas Gift🦋
24. Missed Out🦋
25. Red Wine🦋
26. Ignite🦋
27. Nothing More, Nothing Less🦋
28. Scandal 🦋
29. Bitterness🦋
31. Midnight Call🦋
32. Big Sister🦋
33. Thump🦋
34. Thank you🦋
35. Shopping🦋
36. Not bad🦋
37. Mrs. Ryan🦋
38. Golden sand🦋
39. Blue🦋
40. The Vow🦋
41. Damn Heart🦋
42. Emerald🦋
43. Sweet Temptation🦋
44. Inner-beast🦋
45. More than enough🦋
46. Drunk On Me🦋
47. Sky Is Pink🦋
48. Been A While🦋
49. Missing Pieces 🦋
50. The Broken Photoframe 🦋
🦋Thank You🦋
🦋Book #2 Alert!!🦋
🦋Kindle🦋
🦋Not an update🦋

30. Small Chat..🦋

1.3K 87 10
loveisasweetpoison tarafından

When my phone alarm started to make the familiar sound at seven, I had to force myself out of my bed. I barely slept, I was tossing and turning all night. The last time I checked it was three in the morning and I wasn't sure if I had gotten any sleep or if I had been awake the entire time.

Arthur was sleeping, just beside me. His one arm was resting on his stomach and another one was covering his eyes. At night his hands reached out for me in his sleep, just to make sure I was still there.

I carefully brushed my hand over his forehead, gently pushing the mess of hair away, and moved down to touch the light stubble scattered across his sharp jawline. I didn't realise, when my little cute brother grew up so mature, that he became capable of protecting me. It should be me who would protect him, instead of him protecting me.

"I am sorry!" I muttered quietly. "For being a useless big sister."

His eyelids fluttered, and I quickly pulled away and stood to my feet. I didn't want to wake him up, yet. His sleep wasn't the least bit peaceful either.

I quietly entered the bathroom and cautiously turned on the faucet. The cold water burst from the faucet on my head. I waited patiently for the water to turn hot. I stood under the cold water without flinching to the direct contact with coldness. I was numb all over, so the cold water couldn't make any difference to me.

The shower was loud, and the water pressure was very hard, almost painful, but it did a good job of working away the gathered tension and pain on my muscles and brain.

After a few minutes later I turned off the faucet and stepped out. I was fully dressed in a pair of random jeans and a white t-shirt. I took my phone quietly from the nightstand. Arthur had turned over onto his back, and his face was set into a full frown. Without disturbing him, I swiftly left the room and headed downstairs.

When I reached downstairs I saw mom and dad were sitting on the dining table lifelessly, eating breakfast, silently. I vainly tried to walk out from them without making any loud sound.

CREEAAKKK.....

But my plan went in vain when that damn door unintentionally gave that shrill creaking sound. I closed my eyes tightly as I cursed under my breath.

"Liza!" Mom got up from her seat promptly when she saw me. She started to walk towards me with a little hasty step. My sore heart started to pound loudly. I didn't think I could talk to her at that moment. I needed more time to gather my self.

"Later, mom." I quickly opened the and fled out of my house, before mom could catch me. I yanked my car door open and climbed up hastily. I swiftly started the engine and soon hit the road.

*********

I climbed off of my car grimly when I finally reached my college. I looked around to see that everyone was whispering to each other while looking at me with disgusted looks on their faces. I sighed and pulled the hoodie over my head. I slung my backpack on my shoulder and headed to my classroom.

I entered my class and chose to sit at the end of the class. I completely ignore everyone's staring and whispering about me. People slowly started to enter the room and the class started to fill up. I was staring blankly at the front. Suddenly I saw Oli and Rose enter the room together. Their eyes met with mine. We merely stared at each other for a few seconds and then they averted their eyes with a hurt expression on their face. My eyes gradually got filled with tears. I looked down at my notebook. The tears and snots slowly started to flow and mix up on my face. They dripped together in my notebook.

Drip...Drip...

I bit my lower lip very badly, until they bled, to endure vainly the dull sound of my uncontrollable crying.

***********

At lunchtime, I took my lunch tray and looked around. As usual, everyone was looking at me. I sighed and headed to the bathroom. I entered a little cubicle and closed the door. I closed the lid and sat down on the commode. I started to eat between my sobs and wipe off my tears.

What did I do wrong?

Was I really that bad person?

I only took a few bites from my salad, suddenly a big splash of filthy water assailed me from above. I gasped and instantly stood up on my feet. The tray fell from my lap and clattered on the floor, creating an annoying sound. I quickly wiped off the raw water from my eyes and opened the door hastily. A bunch of girls were standing in front of the door, with a wicked smile on their faces. One of them was holding a bucket, which I naturally assumed the janitor used to clean the bathroom.

"Oops, we didn't know that you were there." The girl with the bucket gasped falsely and told me with a mocking guilty tone. Suddenly I recognised her. She was the one, the girl with fake boobs, whom I talked about me being Brant's girlfriend the other day, at the field.

I just stared at them blankly. They started to giggle. I assumed she was getting back at me for that day. Actually I wasn't surprised at all.

"We were just trying to clean some 'TRASH'." One of her friends smirked at me. I sighed resignedly and walked solemnly to the sink. I opened the tap to wash my face. Suddenly they threw the dirty bucket at me. The bucket hit my back a little hard, but I didn't flinch, because I was accepting that from them.

"Come on, girls, let's get out of here," that girl said. "I feel gross, for being here with a whore, who did fucking each dick." She flipped her hair and walked out. Her minions followed just behind her.

I looked at myself in the mirror and chuckled sadly. She was right, I looked like a cheap, ugly whore. My eyes were so tired, that I couldn't even feel my tears which were streaming down my face with the water.

************

Anna only stared and chewed her chewing gum slowly when she saw me in that state. When I took out my uniform, she got up and opened her backpack. She handed out a pair of jeans and a fluorescent green t-shirt to me silently. I paused and looked up at her.

"Don't forget to wash them before returning." She told me quietly. "I also have an extra jacket in my car."

I took the clothes and muttered softly, "Thank you." She gave a little squeeze at my shoulder and nodded her head understandingly.

************

When I reached home, I turned off the engine and got out of my car. Anna was a little taller than me. I had to give two little folds to the jeans she lended me to wear. I closed my car door lightly and turned to my house.

I paused instantly.

There's a silver Jaguar parked in my yard and I could only imagine whose car it is. I walked slowly to the front door with a confused mind. The door creaked open before I could get out the key.

Arthur.

"Come in." He quietly pointed at me to come in with his chin. I slowly entered the room and froze on my spot, when I saw the person who was sitting on our couch attentively with my mom and dad, before standing up in my entry.

The one and only Ron, or should I call him 'Mr. Ronald Ryan'.

"Hi, Liza." He greeted me with a small smile on his face. I didn't greet him back. I half glared and half squinted at him. He wasn't alone. The lady, from the other day, If I remembered correctly, her name was Jass, also stood up with him.

"Can we talk?" Ron asked me softly.

I stared at him for a good five seconds.

"NO!" I replied rudely to him before turning over and attempted to go upstairs.

Arthur walked quickly and blocked my way swiftly. I looked up at him. He rubbed his face tiredly and inhaled deeply. He looked straight in my eyes.

"You know, that you can't avoid this forever, right?" He asked me softly and calmly. I bit my lower lip, right on the earlier bitten place. I looked away.

"Come on." He asked softly and reached out his hand. I inhaled deeply and took his hand. He led me to the couch. I took a seat beside my dad.

"Make it quick." I looked straight at Ron sternly. "You don't have forever."

"Sure." Ron released a relieved sigh and looked at dad keenly.

"Matt, I hope you know that every big company has some business partners and shareholders and so does our company. Although right now, my father handed me over almost eighty per cent shares of our company, there are still twenty per cent shares which are under..."

"I don't have any fucking interest in your business," I impatiently interrupted him with gritted teeth. Did he come here to show off his fucking business? Then he should go and fuck himself.

"Please Liza, I am coming to the point," Ron pleaded with me. I huffed and leaned negligently on the couch.

"So, some of our other partners didn't like the idea about me taking over the company. Some of them want to take that position instead of me. They made some fuss before, about my capability. And I proved them wrong."

"Yeah," my dad spoke up. "I have heard about it."

Ron looked at my dad. "And so, they teamed up with our rival companies to destroy me in that way, when they couldn't do anything to me any other way."

"I still didn't get what you are trying to prove here," I said tersely. Ron sighed wearily and looked at me uneasily.

"They are trying to destroy my image in front of the public, by spreading this scandal about my personal life. They are trying to prove that I have a personality which can create a very bad effect on our company reputation."

"What!!!" I shouted furiously with disbelief.

"It's true," Jass spoke up.

"Ok, fine. I can understand that." I was still shouting. "Why did they use me? Rose is your girlfriend. Why didn't they choose her? Why me?" I cried out helplessly.

Ron sighed deeply and looked at me sadly. "We also don't understand that. But, yes, unfortunately, it was you."

I pinched my nose bridge hardly and reasonably thought for some mere moments. I released a deep sigh and looked at Ron gloomily. "So, what now?" I shrugged my shoulders impatiently. "I mean, you are a very CAPABLE person here. I am sure you can find a way out of this mess, right?" I smiled at him curtly.

Ron forcibly took a deep breath and looked at me anxiously. "Actually, we did find a way."

"You did?" I whispered loudly. Oh god!

"What?" I asked him impatiently. "What is it?"

Ron shifted uncomfortably and looked at Jass. Jass nodded her head. Ron cleared his throat and stared at me hopefully for a few seconds. "Marriage."

"Marriage?" I knotted my brows. "Whose marriage?"

"Our marriage." Ron looked at me straight. "You and me."

A dead silence took over that place as I looked at him dumbfounded. I took some dreadful moments to digest the peculiar fact Ron just finished stating to me. We stared at each other for some dumbfound moments.

"HA, HA and HA!" I laughed with full sarcasm. "Nice joke!"

"I am afraid of that....... I am not joking." Ron told me quietly.

"But she just started college!" Arthur told Ron with gritted teeth. Ron looked at Arthur carefully.

"Legal enough to get married," Jass spoke up.

"WOW!!" Arthur looked at her angrily. "You really are suited for this job!" Jass purchased her lips instantly.

"How is this marriage going to solve this mess?" Mom asked Ron impatiently.

"We will announce to the press that they are a couple and have already made up their mind to get married. But somebody snuck those pictures of their private moment and tried to use those pictures against them." Jass started to explain the whole plan properly to us. "Actually we can gain some support from the public if we do this."

"But why marriage?" Mom asked again. "I mean, we can use the engagement instead of marriage."

"They already told the press that we will announce a fake engagement to save our backs." Jass informed us dejectedly. "Now, only marriage can solve this problem."

"There's no way in hell I will marry you!" I yelled angrily at the end. "And for fuck's sake, you already have a girlfriend. How could you even consider this idea!"

Ron looked at me.

"We broke up." He told me quietly. I froze on my spot.

"You broke up with Rose!" I whispered fearfully. "Because of me?"

Ron didn't answer me. My heart dropped like a heavy stone. I could feel my hands trembling uncontrollably, my raw emotions on the edge. I was so numb that I could barely feel the tears rolling down my face.

I closed my eyes and gathered my scattered thoughts a little.

Fuck those reporters!

Fuck those shitty news!

Fuck everything!

I got up from my seat, walked straight to the main door and opened it. I looked at Ron and smiled drily. "I think we are done here. You can leave now."

"Liza...." Ron opened his mouth.

"Please leave, while I am still asking you politely," I told him calmly.

Ron sighed and looked at Jass. Jass stood up and nodded her head. Jass glanced at me while passing me. I stared back at her fiercely. I attempted to close the door as soon as Ron stepped out of our house.

But I couldn't.

Ron jammed the door with his hand. "Liza, please, try to understand. This is the only way."

I looked straight into his eyes. "Then I would rather choose to die." And closed the door on his face.

                        *********

Author's Note:-

Yeah, nice Chatt.......

Vote
Comment
Share 😘

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

10.4M 575K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...
1M 40.8K 74
Rated No.1 #matureaudience #separation #maturelanguage #contractmarriage #loveforever #funnyromance#chicklit || 𝑯𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉�...
112K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
27.8K 1K 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...