The Broken Photoframe - A Dar...

Av loveisasweetpoison

[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a po... Mer

🦋Author's Note🦋
🦋 Story Trailer🦋
1. Hark Back To...🦋
2. New🦋
3. Amor🦋
4. Prince Charming🦋
5. Dreamcatcher🦋
6. Soccer🦋
🦋Cast+Characters🦋
7. Cheesy🦋
8. Love birds🦋
9. Chemistry🦋
10. Distraction🦋
11. Falling...🦋
12. Secret?🦋
13. Little Bro.🦋
14. Citrus🦋
15. Wild Kitty🦋
16. First Kiss🦋
17. Shadow🦋
18. Because Of You🦋
19. Nice To Meet You🦋
20. Law of the Jungle🦋
21. Right thing to do🦋
22. Smell of burning🦋
23. Early Christmas Gift🦋
24. Missed Out🦋
25. Red Wine🦋
26. Ignite🦋
27. Nothing More, Nothing Less🦋
28. Scandal 🦋
30. Small Chat..🦋
31. Midnight Call🦋
32. Big Sister🦋
33. Thump🦋
34. Thank you🦋
35. Shopping🦋
36. Not bad🦋
37. Mrs. Ryan🦋
38. Golden sand🦋
39. Blue🦋
40. The Vow🦋
41. Damn Heart🦋
42. Emerald🦋
43. Sweet Temptation🦋
44. Inner-beast🦋
45. More than enough🦋
46. Drunk On Me🦋
47. Sky Is Pink🦋
48. Been A While🦋
49. Missing Pieces 🦋
50. The Broken Photoframe 🦋
🦋Thank You🦋
🦋Book #2 Alert!!🦋
🦋Kindle🦋
🦋Not an update🦋

29. Bitterness🦋

1.4K 89 11
Av loveisasweetpoison

The moment I stepped my foot on the ground nervously, the raging mob of reporters rushed towards me aggressively with their microphone and camera. I was blinded by a relentless barrage of camera flashes.

"Miss Davies, We have information that You and Mr Ryan have been dating for almost six months. Is it true?"

"Miss Davies, why are you two hiding your relationship from the world? Are you guys really dating, or you two are only friends with benefits?"

I was gradually making my way to the front door of my house grimly while trying to prevent the attacks of those reporters. They were literally trying to shove their microphones into my mouth. The last question instantly made my steps halt. I looked up and glared at that reporter savagely. The reporter got enthusiastic by succeeding to capture my attention.

"Miss Davies, is it true?"

I angrily opened my mouth to tell him "Fuck off", but couldn't because someone held my shoulder and hid me behind his large build from those reporters.

Arthur.

"Let's get inside the house." He told me and started to walk guardedly engulfing me into his large muscled chest.

He tried to cover me from those hungry reporters by his huge build. I gripped his broad chest as if my dear life depended on it. Microphones appeared in our faces as we desperately attempted to push our way through those reporters.

"Mr Davies, What do you want to say about your sister's relationship? Do you have any information to share with us?"

Arthur hastily pushed me into the house, turned around and waved two middle fingers to the reporters savagely before slamming the door closed on their faces.

In the house, I instantly froze on my spot.

Mom and dad were sitting forlornly on the couch with the TV on. And on TV the news channel was bombarded by the latest hot topic.

Ron and me.

"According to relevant sources, Mr Ronald Ryan was spotted many times with this girl, Miss Mona Lisa Davies. We have information that Miss Mona Lisa Davies is currently attending the same college with Miss Olivia Island, who is the first cousin of Mr Ronald Ryan. Who is she? Are they together? Or they are only partners with benefits?"

"There are many proofs that they have something going on between them. Evidence no. 1: When Mr Ryan returned from the USA, they arranged a grand party for him, which he left with Miss Davies in a car, together. We have pictures of them leaving the party together."

"Evidence no. 2: After that party, our reporters spotted Mr Ryan and Miss Davies outside of her college. Miss Davies rode the same car with Mr Ryan. It looked like Mr Ryan came to pick her up. We have some pictures of that time.

"Evidence no. 3: We also got some pictures of their passionate moments at some park. Where it could be clearly seen that they have a magical spark between them."

"Evidence no. 4: Four months ago Mr Ryan held his birthday party at his penthouse, Where Miss Davies stayed the night and left in the morning with the same clothes as last night. We also have pictures of that time."

"Evidence no. 5: Mr Ryan also visited Miss Davies' house many times. We have pictures."

"Evidence no. 6: Miss Davies sometimes visited Mr Ryan in his office. At first, the receptionist refused to let her see Mr Ryan. Then Miss Davies called Mr Ryan On his personal mobile phone. Mr Ryan left an important interview in a rush to receive her. When the reporter asked Mr Ryan about his love life, Mr Ryan looked at Miss Davies lovingly."

The next news made my heart tremble even more vigorously.

"And recently we got information that they celebrated their after Christmas date at a hotel, where they stayed overnight in a single room."

My knees weakened badly. I started to feel dizzy as my mind filled with clouds. My blood flowed backwards to my lungs, which terribly caused my bewildered head, nearly explode.

No more cover-ups, all different kinds of conclusive evidence were displayed properly, for the world to witness. At the same time, many pictures, just the two of us, showed an unbelievable intimateness. I could recognize some specific moments of the pictures where Rose and Oli were also present with us. But whoever took those photos, they only framed Ron and me, very carefully. There were also some convincing pictures when Ron and I fell into that shallow river from our camping time.

Ron was pulling me into the river, to him smilingly.

Ron lifted me up in his arms gleefully.

I was hugging Ron with a smiling face with a cherry expression on my face.

I was so astonished at a point that I couldn't even understand how to react.

An angry, piercing cry burst out from my throat. I lifted my hand up and threw the bunch of keys which I was still holding in my palms, to the TV screen. The glowing screen cracked and scattered on the carpeted floor.

"Liza!" Mom looked at me with a horrified expression. Dad looked at me with a pale face, as if someone sucked the last drop of blood from his face. I looked back and forth between mom and dad, then I hastily rushed upstairs.

"Liza! Wait ...." Mom cried out, which I completely ignored. I entered my room frustrated and slammed the door closed. I harshly threw the backpack, god knew where and frantically dug the phone out from my pocket . I quickly dialled a familiar number.

RING....RING....RIN.

My call was received before the third ring could finish.

"Liza!" Ron whispered my name with a soothing tone. I never felt so relieved in my whole life, like I instantly felt that critical time when I heard his familiar gentle voice.

"What is that all about?" I barked him between my gritted teeth.

"What is what?" He cross-questioned me.

"My front yard is covered by reporters, and they are talking shit about you and me." I ran my trembling fingers through my hair and gripped them hard with frustration.

"What are you talking about?" He seemed clueless as fuck.

"That's what I am asking you!" I yelled furiously at him through the phone.

"Hurry up and open your tv. You will figure out what I am saying." I aggressively used my full sarcasm tone.

"I have no idea, what are you talking about!" He sounded helpless. "But please, give me some time to find out the whole matter." He pleaded, "Please."

"I don't care what you have to do," I told him between my rushed breaths.

"Just make those vultures disappear from my sight."

"Ok." He released a relieved sigh. I threw the phone on my bed hopelessly and slowly slid down at the end of my bed, on the floor. I tiredly buried my head between my knees and tried to gather up all of my thoughts.

The door of my room creaked open.

"Mom, I don't want to talk right now, Please," I said solemnly without looking at mom. I can hear mom slowly approaching me and carefully putting down something just near my feet. I peeked a little from the crack of my knees to see my dinner was placed in front of me. After I had started working late, everyone ate their dinner before me. I slowly trailed up my sunken eyes at the familiar hand which was holding the plate.

Arthur

"Eat up." He said in a low voice. "I heat it up in the microwave."

"Arthur, I don't want to talk..."

"You don't have to." Arthur cut me with a calm tone. "Just eat up." He stood up and slid his hands into his pockets. "Tonight I will sleep here, with you." His tone was still steady.

Tears slowly started to roll down on my cheeks. He took out his one hand from his pocket and tapped my head lightly. I took the plate and started to eat between my sobs.

*******

I carefully moved the yellow flower printed curtain of my window slightly and peeked at the outside. I couldn't find anyone. I instantly released a relieved sigh. It seemed Ron really kept his swords. I hastily put on my jacket and rushed downstairs. I searched quickly for my keys. It seemed mom cleaned the broken TV screen mess, which I made last night. I found my keys on the coffee counter. I picked up my keys and rushed outside.

"Liza, wait! We need..." I heard mom coming for me from the kitchen hurriedly.

"Mom, later. Not now." I quickly said before rushing to my car. First I had to clear things up with Rose, Oli and..... Brant.

Brant...

The overwhelming guilt instantly started to crawl up under my skin. I have no idea what possible explanation I should give to Brant. I gripped the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles turned white.

OH GOD!

I mentally screamed. When I reached the college, I swiftly turned off my engine and got off. Before I could close the door, someone grabbed my hand harshly and slammed me on the car door. I winced with unbearable pain as I looked up to see the source of my pain.

Brant!!

Rose and Oli were standing behind him with a pained expression.

"How could you do this to me?" Brant screamed furiously on my face. "How!"

My bleeding heart dropped even more. They saw everything and misunderstood everything.

"Brant, it's not actually the whole truth, they are showing." Burning tears started to stream down on my cheeks. "We are not...."

"You are still denying!" Brant spat angrily. He loosened his crushing grip on my hand and looked at me enraged with red eyes. I looked at Rose uneasily. She had a mixed expression with raw anger, overwhelming sadness, acute pain and grievous hurt. She was also crying.

"You lied to me," Rose said between her cries. "You told me you accidentally fell into that river. You two were actually flirting with each other."

"Rose, please, let me explain." I pleaded with my life miserably. "They took those pictures to feed their news. They are totally meaningless."

"But, they are not fake, right?" Brant asked me bluntly with an abnormally calm tone. "Those moments were real, right?"

I stared at him, but couldn't deny it. I looked down.

"I....We....Ron....They....." I didn't even know what I was trying to say actually.

"So, Miss Liza, what do you want to say about this news?" Brant shoved his phone to my face in a hostile way. I looked up at the phone-screen, and my eyes widened.

"Last night Mr Ryan contacted the reporters and threatened them, if they didn't stop harassing Miss Davies he would take legal action against them. Now it is totally clear how important she is to him."

"And also according to the hotel where they stayed last time they shared a room together. We talked to the room service lady who was in charge of that room that day. She informed the reporters that she found both of them naked and Mr Ryan's body was covered with countless hickeys. It is obvious that they absolutely had a passionate night together."

My dull eyesight became more blank.

"So," Brant took a shaky long breath to endure his cry miserably. "Do you want to give an 'explanation' about this matter too?"

"I...Ron....we... were drunk and...." I hopelessly tried to explain.

"So, here is the latest news. Miss Liza who never drink, she got herself drunk with Mr Ryan and end up having sex." Brant laughed sarcastically. "But don't worry, she has perfect 'explanations' about everything."

Suddenly he stopped laughing and looked at me mournfully with a pained expression in his eyes. "Please, don't show your face in front of me." At last, a stream of tears broke his eye barrier and rolled down on his cheeks. "I beg of you." He looked at me sadly and slowly retreated from me.

"You betrayed me, waaahhhh." Rose cried out like a little girl. Her face was smeared with tears and snots. Her liner was smudged all over her eyes. I felt so bad for her. I was the reason for her tears. She hiccupped between her sobs.

"Why, Liza? Just why?" Oli was silent for that entire time. I shuddered terribly with her cold unfamiliar tone. Suddenly I felt so petrified. "I thought, you are different. Turns out you are just like those other gold diggers. I hate you! I hate you so much." She forcibly held Rose's hand and was ready to leave that place.

"Oli..." I forced out her name from my throat because it felt so dry.

"It's Olivia." She paused on her steps and turned to me with a dreadful look on her face. She responded to me with a super cold tone, "Only my friends have the right to call me by that name." She terribly pierced me with her eyes. "And you are not my friend."

I looked continuously at their back as they left me alone. I slowly slumped down and fell severely on my knees.

"WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!" An anguished cry burst out from my broken heart.

***************

Author's Note:-

I did say it's a bittersweet story. Now it's time for some bitterness.

Vote

Comment

Share😘

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

4.9M 217K 80
❝Hollywood is scary. She is scarier.❞ • • • The night before their marriage, Emily Pinault catches her fiancé in the act of cheating. Completely deva...
141K 3.1K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
111K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
10.3M 575K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...